Photo

GTA Online... The truth.

171 replies to this topic
MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Does ANY feature of GTAO that I described in my main post sound too good or sound like it'd be impossible to implement?

Yes.

This.

2) You will eventually be able to buy businesses in GTA Online that will earn you and your crew weekly and monthly revenue. Rival crews will be able to attack, and potentially destroy your businesses, so you have to keep your guard up. The stock market will port over to GTA Online, and if you own a certain business then Social Club members will actually be able to trade stock and invest in your business. But if you get too big and big hitter crews notice you, they can attack your business to ruin your stock. Depending on how much you invest in the success of your own business, another crew could potentially ruin you financially.

There aren't enough businesses to do this. To do something like this it would require thousands of them to avoid more than 1 person owning the same business.

Again, this is just like other properties in a way. Businesses you own are for personal and crew revenue and can not be customized or entered by other players.

Destroying another players business is performed as an action, not a real time event.

Stores that players CAN actually walk into can not be purchased by players. Those businesses are specifically there for robberies.

In order to trade stock for your business, which can earn you more revenue, you have to own it for a certain period of time. No one has any idea how much time, or what other factors are used to determine the value of your business.

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

The OP does very very well at making himself believable, but its garbage, All this supposedly stuff aswell, cmonnn..

• Honest Bill likes this

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Come Oct first there is going to be sh*t loads of people saying "f*ck you Rockstar you said we could buy any building in the game!"

If you really think that is true you are an idiot.

Woah. Who the hell said you could buy ANY building in the game? I sure as hell didn't.

I said all the houses currently labeled as "for sale" in SP will be available for purchase. And also that any building can, eventually, be released by R* and purchased as a property.

Interesting reading., but i doubt well be able to buy houses in online, i thinks it will only work for apartments or penthouses, you see, it will be similar to garages, you press a button and suddenly teleported inside de safehouse, that is why is not going to work for houses with open exteriors

I literally just described how property works before you posted this. Go back and read what I said.

Also, yes you can by houses. Not just penthouses and the likes.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

The OP does very very well at making himself believable, but its garbage, All this supposedly stuff aswell, cmonnn..

I figured some people might be able to read between the lines. I use the words "supposedly" and "speculate" for a reason.

I know a lot more about GTAO than you think. But some stuff I won't talk about and I'll never reveal HOW I know. Just get over it.

So when I say "supposedly", don't take it so literally.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I guess it makes sense purely for the fact CVG confirmed peoples propertys would have cameras and inter coms to make sure you don't let the wrong people into your house. I guess we'll see.

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

there is a beta going on for gtao

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

that all sounds hella good but please stop teasing us with high hopes you muthuf*ckaa. 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

16 players in one game.... half of the things cant be done. If I buy a business in one lobby and then disconnect and connect in another, what happens if someone else will have the same business there. 

Bullsh*t.

Ya Boy Claude
  • Ya Boy Claude

Snake Without a Tongue .

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

You have a healthy imagination.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Showing you the code is not possible, so never ask. Hacking the game is illegal, and showing any part of the code is severely illegal.
Either take the word of the hackers or don't.

Wanna know how I know you don't know what you say you know?

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Your "severely illegal to show codes" is a lie. In-fact it was done when someone opened a file which revealed what would be in the Online section in the pause menu, saying that we would be able to purchase money in GTA:O. So please say you aren't lying again?

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

16 players in one game.... half of the things cant be done. If I buy a business in one lobby and then disconnect and connect in another, what happens if someone else will have the same business there. 

Bullsh*t.

Omg you people HAVE to stop selectively reading. Either read ALL my posts, or please just go away.

I already went over this in a previous post. Your safe houses and businesses are stored globally and then instanced when you and your friends want to go in them.

Unlike safe houses, businesses you own can not be customized and you can't go in them. You simply name them so they can appear on the stock market and you earn money from them. If you CAN customize a business interior, no one has seen it be done yet. So we don't know.

When you buy a business you buy a "type" of business, and depending on which type of business you own you are presented with certain property missions to help it, just like in SP.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

That makes sense.

HrolgarUllr
  • HrolgarUllr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm going to be supportive, and hope everything MacoTillDeath told us is true. All though, I will not take this for granted, I do not have a habit of taking thing on faith, but I do hope!  

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

OP, you also post literally no sources. For someone who's not here to "baby us" and hold our hand into the world of GTA:O leaks you sure are spending a lot of time posting sh*t you've already said over and over again. You have no reason to complain about people asking you questions unless you link to some other sources.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Bullsh*t.

Omg you people HAVE to stop selectively reading. Either read ALL my posts, or please just go away.

I already went over this in a previous post. Your safe houses and businesses are stored globally and then instanced when you and your friends want to go in them.

What? I still dont understand, explain it in more simple way please. If I buy house on server,  then disconnect for 2 days and later connect, but to a different server with different players, what happens when someone else will have the same house at same place as me?

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Your "severely illegal to show codes" is a lie. In-fact it was done when someone opened a file which revealed what would be in the Online section in the pause menu, saying that we would be able to purchase money in GTA:O. So please say you aren't lying again?

What?!

If you were able to purchase in-game money, it would be done from the marketplace, not from the pause menu of GTAO.

At this time, R* will not allow the purchase of in-game currency. Much like other multiplayer games that revolve around a digital currency, letting players purchase in-game currency with real money means that a select few people with the means to do so could (and would) take advantage of this and give themselves an unfair advantage in the game.

You CAN buy stuff with real money, excluding obvious DLC packs when available, but as of now NO ONE knows what you'll be able to buy. More than likely it will be clothes and gear for your character, stuff for your safe house, or certain perks that won't give you can unfair advantage.

HrolgarUllr
  • HrolgarUllr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by HrolgarUllr, 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Bullsh*t.

What? I still dont understand, explain it in more simple way please. If I buy house on server,  then disconnect for 2 days and later connect, but to a different server with different players, what happens when someone else will have the same house at same place as me?

This is actually very clear, it will get instanced as OP has said a couple of times now.

Same as in WoW I guess, when you are ten man in a raid. There might be hundreds of other others in the same raid, at the same time. Just under another instance.. I don't know, but it makes sense.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by Juzt, 24 September 2013 - 11:22 PM.

The houses are instanced. You walk in and teleport. the 15 other people can own it you just warp into your own world.

Buisness are none enterable so it doesn't matter. infinite people can own the same buisness. you name your buisness and it goes on the stock market so there is no conflict.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Bullsh*t.

When you buy a safe house on the server it saved both globally and locally. When your not online or in your house, other people can not go inside.

In order to get in your house you have to teleport into it. People can not just walk inside of it like you can do to certain houses or businesses in SP. Because of this, this allows for multiple people to own the same property or business while playing on the same server.

In an instance of two people owning the same property, R* refers to this as an overlap. When properties are overlapping on the same server, the server knows it and there is a special way to select which persons house you want to see at that location.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 24 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Thanks, I dont know anyhting about WOW or this thing. All games I ever played Were COD: United Offensive,  GTA series and Arkanoid.  :colgate:

Actually Bully and Max Payne too.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

OP, you also post literally no sources. For someone who's not here to "baby us" and hold our hand into the world of GTA:O leaks you sure are spending a lot of time posting sh*t you've already said over and over again. You have no reason to complain about people asking you questions unless you link to some other sources.

I hoped by now that people would figure out who I am. But I'm not going to say it and any public accusation is just libel.

I've been answering your guys questions for the last few hours, even though I don't have to. But if you can't take the information as it is, be it real or fake, and take the hint already that there IS no source for this information and if there was, it CANT be shared with you. Then we wold get along better.

I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have to the best of my abilities, but if I'm just gonna keep getting called a liar then I'll move on and leave you with your imaginations.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

The only issue I have with your "I can't post the evidence" claim is that I've just been on the GTA Online section and somebody has already posted the files to let everyone know there will be a Drug Dealing mechanic in the game. And as stated earlier, somebody has already posted the "proof" of online money for purchase with real cash on Reddit.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

The only issue I have with your "I can't post the evidence" claim is that I've just been on the GTA Online section and somebody has already posted the files to let everyone know there will be a Drug Dealing mechanic in the game. And as stated earlier, somebody has already posted the "proof" of online money for purchase with real cash on Reddit.

Understandable, but I'm me, not everyone else. Posting photos of game features, referred to legally as "absolute proof", is against the NDA agreement between testers and R*. It is a crime, and it is punishable specifically in the US.

I am not a leaker. R* allows people to share certain privileged information via written or spoken means only. And only gives certain people access to publicly reveal recorded parts of the game.

Even if it's written or spoken, certain information is still secret and can not be disclosed to anyone before R* discloses it first. You'd be surprised how much money game developers and publishers will pay to keep information a secret.

iReadManuals
  • iReadManuals

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Guys, don't listen to the OP.

He's a troll trying to get everyone's hopes' up for GTA 5 online by lying about features, but once it does come out, a very small amount of the features he mentioned will actually be online.

Don't believe him! He's just a troll!

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

I have faith in Mac, as his sources probably are those that were in the "Friends and Family Closed-Beta", but of course he cannot link to the sources, since they're not allowed to say anything until October.

We can only assume for now.

Read what he has written and use your own judgement what will and will not be implemented, be it at release-date or later on.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I have faith in Mac, as his sources probably are those that were in the "Friends and Family Closed-Beta", but of course he cannot link to the sources, since they're not allowed to say anything until October.

Read what he has written and use your own judgement what will and will not be implemented, be it at release-date or later on.

Thank you Pinnkie. ;)

That's all I was trying to say from the start. You'll always know the difference between a leaker and an actual tester. A tester actually likes their job and won't do anything to compromise it. A leaker is just someone who gets privileged information and regardless of the consequences, refuses to keep it to himself.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

WAIT ARE YOU....

SEAN CONNERY?

guy-opening-door.gifguy-opening-door.gif

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

iReadManuals
  • iReadManuals

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thank you Pinnkie. ;)

That's all I was trying to say from the start. You'll always know the difference between a leaker and an actual tester. A tester actually likes their job and won't do anything to compromise it. A leaker is just someone who gets privileged information and regardless of the consequences, refuses to keep it to himself.

You've been on the GTA forums for 4 days, how are you a tester...

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

WAIT ARE YOU....

Lol no. But I know you saw my avatar and and I know you read that in Sean Cannery's voice. Don't even try to deny it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users