Photo

GTA Online... The truth.

171 replies to this topic
Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

When has any online game had more features than the single player? You guys have retarded expectations and that's why you're always let down.

Exactly

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 24 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

You are all are dumb. IGN literally confirmed about 50% of what I said. I'm not here to baby you and provide links to this and that. Believe me or don't, it's your choice. Doesn't hurt my feelings either way.

Like I said in an above post, some information is gathered from hacked game files and then speculated on. You CAN NOT BE SHOWN code from the damn video game. It is a copyrighted work and the minute some dumb ass posts screenshots of code and decoded configuration files then someone will report it and get it shut down.

Punple
  • Punple

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

This was a riveting read, truly a jolly time was had. However, I put little weight to any claims without a shred of evidence.

Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

You are all are dumb. IGN literally confirmed about 50% of what I said. I'm not here to baby you and provide links to this and that. Believe me or don't, it's your choice. Doesn't hurt my feelings either way.

Like I said in an above post, some information is gathered from hacked game files and then speculated on. You CAN NOT BE SHOWN code from the damn video game. It is a copyrighted work and the minute some dumb ass posts screenshots of code and decoded configuration files then someone will report it and get it shut down.

OP, in your original post you say "Facts for us to drool over"  no time do you say this is only 50% true or confirmed.  You are leading people to believe you have a crystal ball or some sort of insider info when you are most likely getting it from other rumor sites.

The point being is "information" like this is exactly what folks cream over and then when most of it is incorrect we scream how R* sucks.  WHen actually we suck for listening to rumors and hearsay. 

Just sayin

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 24 September 2013 - 08:59 PM.

When has any online game had more features than the single player? You guys have retarded expectations and that's why you're always let down.

Exactly
To be fair, I never ONCE said that these features won't be included in single player. That was something you guys did all on your own. The only thing I said was that the inclusion of these features will be in GTAO. But honestly, why WOULDN'T they be available for SP as well?

There's already hints of this all over SP. Everywhere you go in Los Santos you see hints of buildings, properties and potential features that are waiting to be released for GTAO.

So, that's basically R* saying hey, f*ck you, we are making online mode bigger than SP.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

OP, in your original post you say "Facts for us to drool over"  no time do you say this is only 50% true or confirmed.  You are leading people to believe you have a crystal ball or some sort of insider info when you are most likely getting it from other rumor sites.

The point being is "information" like this is exactly what folks cream over and then when most of it is incorrect we scream how R* sucks.  WHen actually we suck for listening to rumors and hearsay. 

Just sayin

Sure, I agree with you. In my defense, I don't need to defend myself to a bunch of strangers on the Internet. I have no rep on this website, nor do I want any. So what do I care?

But I'm not lying. So sorry if I didn't bother to include some type of link to a credible source for every piece of information I post, but it's not my problem, and I'm not a damn news reporter.

Like I said, believe me or don't. In the end, you will all find out on October 1st, and once you see it for yourself I hope you immediately go, "oh snap, that one guy from that one website was totally right!"

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

We only got a few days left lets give OP the benefit of the doubt til we can prove he was making it up
  • Chessmaster likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Yeah let's not have big expectations and then it turns out it's not as good as everyone was thinking... What I can confirm is that everything in GTA SP will be in MP which is enough to make me happy, if they add more stuff than SP than hey good news (altough it makes me a bit sad that they put more sutff in MP than in SP but whatever) :)

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Mac just stop bullsh*tting bro, you do it in every thread you comment on, it's kinda sad really if you typed all that up =/

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yesterday, companies like IGN released their first hands takes on GTA Online as they were invited by R* to try out online mode for the first time and report what they saw. Even IGN said that they were not permitted to video record their game play, but they could describe what they were able to do. Google it if you want and to will see.

As for the info on DLC packs. Any reference to a DLC itself is speculation. It is unclear if that mentioned DLC will be released for free with online mode launch or it will come later as a DLC that you must purchase.

Proof for certain features can not be provided as it is all ascertained by hacking game files. You can look in certain files, not just configuration files, and find a ton of clues to features that are currently hidden. If you find these clues, you can make best guess assumptions as to how R* will eventually include this code.

Showing you the code is not possible, so never ask. Hacking the game is illegal, and showing any part of the code is severely illegal.

Either take the word of the hackers or don't.

Just checked IGN and it was posted 2 days ago, nothing more recent, all they had about GTAO was this...

• Create a customized character
  • Develop a backstory for your character
  • Backstory determines starting location
  • Join a crew
  • Rob a convenience store with a friend
  • Customize a mask for GTA Online
  • Yell into a controller microphone to make a hold up go faster
  • Freely divide up money after a heist
  • A mission called Titan Steal has you stealing the Titan cargo plane
  • Fly with your friends in an airplane
  • Race anyone, anywhere, anytime by dropping a marker
  • Play multiplayer Golf or Tennis
  • Play a 4-player Golf game
  • Purchase a safehouse
  • Purchase Vehicle Insurance (Source: Achievement/Trophy List)
  • Watch TV with your friends
  • Watch Weasel News helicopter footage of your friends doing things
  • Smoke pot with your friends in your safehouse
  • Shower to wash off blood
  • Use an ATM to deposit money
  • Steal your friends' undeposited money
  • Play a "deathmatch" game
  • Design a "deathmatch" game
  • Go to a Strip Club
  • Watch a movie and comment on it as a group with friends
  • Vote on mission playlists
  • Play 500 pre-made missions, more will be added

THIS AND ONLY THIS???

Odysseus
  • Odysseus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

how the f*ck do the servers work though? Like, can someone you aren't playing with on Tuesday buy your house on thursday? How is there gonna be individual houses for everyone? How will it work being in more than one crew? This sh*t is gonna be ace but I am dead confused  :blink:

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Come Oct first there is going to be sh*t loads of people saying "f*ck you Rockstar you said we could buy any building in the game!"

If you really think that is true you are an idiot.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Mac just stop bullsh*tting bro, you do it in every thread you comment on, it's kinda sad really if you typed all that up =/

Every thread I post in? I've made like 7 posts since I joined this site lol. You make it sound as if I'm serial-posting over here and contradicting myself at every turn.

In one post, I linked to an IGN video that shows a review of GTAO by an IGN employee who got to demo it. In it, he mentioned 10 things that will be in GTAO as he actually played them himself. Go watch it and you will see.

In my post, I mentioned some of the same things he saw but I just elaborated on them differently.

For all you guys know, I could be a GTAO beta tester and maybe I don't want to provide proof for this stuff because I don't want to get in trouble or let people find out who I am.

So how's about you all just have a little faith.

Darkrebirth
  • Darkrebirth

Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

How about you guys wait 6 more days and find out if it's real or not. A lot of people are already in a closed family-beta for GTAOnline and leaks are bound to happen.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Come Oct first there is going to be sh*t loads of people saying "f*ck you Rockstar you said we could buy any building in the game!"

Woah. Who the hell said you could buy ANY building in the game? I sure as hell didn't.

I said all the houses currently labeled as "for sale" in SP will be available for purchase. And also that any building can, eventually, be released by R* and purchased as a property.

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by Matta G, 24 September 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Here's the problem, though.  No one can find a recent Online GTA preview, other than the one that came out before the game release, and you expect people to just take your word based on "hacked code" and your own speculation.  Yet you call the skeptics dumb asses.  The real dumb ass would be someone who just believes you without any real proof.

And you also say you *could* be a game tester or something.  I *could* be Dan Houser himself.  Would you just have faith that I am?  Doubtful.  The internet is a place for anonymity.  Such a place is not full of trust or faith.  Just saying.  Don't get bent out of shape because people won't immediately place faith in unsubstantiated posts backed up with IGN articles you won't link to or hacked gameplay that you can't tell us where it came from or who is responsible for it.

• Honest Bill and Chessmaster like this

Ogre_Thug
  • Ogre_Thug

Psychopath

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Info makes sense and sounds legit, very lil research will show this guys on the money/knows something. Lvl of inmaturity of these forums baffle me at times, but big base equals high amounts of idiots, its to be expected.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

how the f*ck do the servers work though? Like, can someone you aren't playing with on Tuesday buy your house on thursday? How is there gonna be individual houses for everyone? How will it work being in more than one crew? This sh*t is gonna be ace but I am dead confused  :blink:

This is made possible by preventing properties that you can walk into. Safe houses can be owned by multiple people at the same time because the interior of your safe house is stored globally. You don't just walk into people's houses like you do in SP missions. If you own the property, you walk up to it and the game let's you switch to your safe house, which even comes with its own map layout. Essentially you are teleported inside. Once inside you can invite anyone else to join you.

If a player sets a property in open house mode to sell it, then any player at any time can go inside without your permission, but if they enter in open house they can't steal anything or participate in activities. It's for viewing purposes only.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

You said buildings with signs that say Coming Soon will open on October 1st? You do know it takes place before GTA V right?

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Almost every games now.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 24 September 2013 - 09:57 PM.

You said buildings with signs that say Coming Soon will open on October 1st? You do know it takes place before GTA V right?

Of course I do. But they're talking about the stories and missions. There won't be many character references to the protagonists in SP.

The whole "coming soon" sign thing isn't meant to be taken literally by R*. It's just something they did to let you know that the store WILL be used in GTAO.

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Not one fact here.

Terrible thread.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Safe houses and enterable property have to be instanced to avoid conflict with anyone who happens to own the same property being in the same lobby. So how can they be destroyed affecting all manner of things like having to refurbish ect?

OP myself and everyone else knows that this simply isn't possible since their isn't enough property available. Considering millions of people bought the game and there will be millions playing you would need at least that much property to make it a reality and thats just not possible on current gen hardware and it wont be on PS4 either. Not to mention the other gaping flaws in that particular feature.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

If you guys need your minds put to ease, just think about it like this: Does ANY feature of GTAO that I described in my main post sound too good or sound like it'd be impossible to implement?

The answer is no, it doesn't. If I just wanted to come on here and lie for the sake of lying, I probably would have been more creative and over the top. Half the stuff I mentioned can already be confirmed by sources who were given permission to review and discuss GTAO online features while beta testing.

buxtonbum
  • buxtonbum

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Since I am a online player rather than a offline player, I like what Rockstar is doing. Everything is much more enjoyable with friends :)

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by Juzt, 24 September 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Does ANY feature of GTAO that I described in my main post sound too good or sound like it'd be impossible to implement?

Yes.

This.

2) You will eventually be able to buy businesses in GTA Online that will earn you and your crew weekly and monthly revenue. Rival crews will be able to attack, and potentially destroy your businesses, so you have to keep your guard up. The stock market will port over to GTA Online, and if you own a certain business then Social Club members will actually be able to trade stock and invest in your business. But if you get too big and big hitter crews notice you, they can attack your business to ruin your stock. Depending on how much you invest in the success of your own business, another crew could potentially ruin you financially.

There aren't enough businesses to do this. To do something like this it would require thousands of them to avoid more than 1 person owning the same business.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Trolling at the highest level.

grafftistain
  • grafftistain

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Most def all sounds more than possible to be done. Maybe to many dlc packs sounds but who knows ...

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Safe houses and enterable property have to be instanced to avoid conflict with anyone who happens to own the same property being in the same lobby. So how can they be destroyed affecting all manner of things like having to refurbish ect?

OP myself and everyone else knows that this simply isn't possible since their isn't enough property available. Considering millions of people bought the game and there will be millions playing you would need at least that much property to make it a reality and thats just not possible on current gen hardware and it wont be on PS4 either. Not to mention the other gaping flaws in that particular feature.

Your pretty smart, huh?

Remember though, I said you can supposedly destroy property. SUPPOSEDLY.

Testers are unable to purchase and customize real estate. Since the servers will be reset before official launch it doesn't matter anyway.

According to testers, a property is destroyed by initiating an action, although no one has seen it done yet. If your crew is with you then you do more damage to the property than just being by yourself.

Remember, GTAO is not like Battlefield 4. The world is not completely destructible, although certain actions can effect everyone who plays the game.

One speculation some testers have is that in order to destroy a property you MUST manipulate your way inside the house as it can not be ruined from the outside. Like I said earlier, a property owner can invite anyone into their safe house. So if they're not a crew member they can kill you and destroy/steal your stuff. Once this is done then the property is placed in the aforementioned "renovation mode."

Hope this helps

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Woah. Who the hell said you could buy ANY building in the game? I sure as hell didn't.

I said all the houses currently labeled as "for sale" in SP will be available for purchase. And also that any building can, eventually, be released by R* and purchased as a property.

Interesting reading., but i doubt well be able to buy houses in online, i thinks it will only work for apartments or penthouses, you see, it will be similar to garages, you press a button and suddenly teleported inside de safehouse, that is why is not going to work for houses with open exteriors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users