Get the P-966 Easily & Quickly WITHOUT CHEATS

8 replies to this topic
chud37
  • chud37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hello everyone,

Just been reading up on the forums and I have discovered the easiest way to get a P-966 Jet without cheats.

I was trying again and again, just driving in the front entrance of Fort Zucando base and I kept getting shot down, but sometimes I noticed they didnt even notice me drive in the front and I couldn't figure out why.  Anyway.  I finally figured it out.  So follow these steps:

1. Be Trevor.
  2. Call a Taxi.
  3. Put a waypoint right in front of the long drive t-junction outside of the base (There is a long metal bridge, you need to be the otherside of this bridge as sometimes the taxi driver likes to drop you off underneath it)
  4. When he drops you off, immediately enter the taxi again but this time carjack it.
  5. Turn around and drive straight for the front entrance to the base
  6. When you get to the mini-bump in the road right next to the entrance (like a mini speed bump, it's yellow and black) take a taxi job.  Just keep pressing L3 (or the XBox equivilent)
  7. This should confuse the game somewhat and the base will not sound the alarm, drive in, turn left, through the car park (as fast as possible), then right, then straight for the P-966's.  Drive to the second one.
  8. You will only get 4 stars when a military guy see's you, But the alarm hopefully won't sound.
  9. There should be a guard in front of it, crash the car into him and make sure he aint getting back up.
  10. Quickly exit the car, run to the jet, get it as fast as you can.
  11. You need to fly up and fast as possible.  As soon as you're in, pull the rudder back for lift and accelerate.  Get high fast.
  12. If they do try and shoot you down with missiles, (which they shouldnt thanks to your taxi job) it is possible to dodge the missiles, best way I've found is to just pull up fast.  Head for the mountains too, they don't like to follow you there.

And hey presto! You've got the Jet.  Now the next problem I encountered was (after losing the wanted stars) getting the jet back to Trevor's airbase.  This thing is tricky to land, But I managed it after a few tries.  Here are a few tips for you:

• Make sure you are approaching the airstrip as dead on as possible.  It must be straight in front of you.  This might take a few turn around's to get this right.
  • Bring it in at a very gentle/shallow angle.
  • Slow the plane down using the de-accelerate, but you will need to use quick bursts of accelerate to level it.  Once you de-accelerate, the Jet tends to just dip face first into the ground.  Give it a little shot of juice to keep it perky.

That's about all my tips now for it.  I now have a Jet stored and saved in my game! I quicksaved it as soon as I got it in the hanger, but I went to Trevor's safehouse and saved again to make sure.

Anyway, Hope this helps some people.  It's quite a cool trick with the taxi though.  Would be useful to explore the base some more with this one, so long as you don't get seen you could wander around quite easily.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by jamieleng, 24 September 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Thanks, I'll try that. The funny thing is, I managed to get it first time I entered the base, but never since. Unfortunately, it was far too early in the game to store it anywhere. The first time, I stopped & hid behind one of those concrete dividers in the entrance. Jeeps, troops & a tank went straight past me & I managed to run all the way to the Lazer & take off in it. I think one missile hit my plane & it didn't last long after that. The last few times I've driven in there, I get blown up straight away.

• chud37 likes this

chud37
  • chud37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks, I'll try that. The funny thing is, I managed to get it first time I entered the base, but never since. Unfortunately, it was far too early in the game to store it anywhere. The first time, I stopped & hid behind one of those concrete dividers in the entrance. Jeeps, troops & a tank went straight past me & I managed to run all the way to the Lazer & take off in it. I think one missile hit my plane & it didn't last long after that. The last few times I've driven in there, I get blown up straight away.

Yes! I had the same experience sort of.  The first few times I got it with cheats, (just spawned a buzzard right outside and then jumped in the cockpit), I was fine flying away.  Then today nearly everytime I get shot down.  It must take a while to mobiles their missiles or something because the longer Im in there, the quicker I get shot down.

DFW333
  • DFW333

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I got the P-996 with Franklin very early on in the game before Michael was even introduced to him. Just drive through the main entrance of the base in a car, veer left to the runway, go down the runway a short ways and turn right into the hangar. Exit the car and sprint to the plane, board it. Then throttle up and steer to the right (about 2 o'clock) to get out to a clear area. Heavy throttle across the tarmac and take off. Fly out to sea to lose the wanted level.
It's very, very easy.

chud37
  • chud37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

I got the P-996 with Franklin very early on in the game before Michael was even introduced to him. Just drive through the main entrance of the base in a car, veer left to the runway, go down the runway a short ways and turn right into the hangar. Exit the car and sprint to the plane, board it. Then throttle up and steer to the right (about 2 o'clock) to get out to a clear area. Heavy throttle across the tarmac and take off. Fly out to sea to lose the wanted level.
It's very, very easy.

So is your mum.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I always fly a helicopter or plane above the base and then sky dive right into the hanger.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Got my first yesterday. Rode in Michael's car. Full speed through the gates, went straight for the hangar one. I could see many red dots on the radar. Stopped the car outside the hangar, ran in, stole the jet, flew off. Wasn't hard at all. I don't get why so many people have trouble doing this. 100% legit and easy.

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

i drive into the base in a SUV (with trevor) do a  quick spin into the hanger and asoon as i leave the car i activate rage mode (take no damage) run to the plane and im out,takes me about one or 2 mins :D

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

i drive into the base in a SUV (with trevor) do a  quick spin into the hanger and asoon as i leave the car i activate rage mode (take no damage) run to the plane and im out,takes me about one or 2 mins :D

You take half damage in rage mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users