Just been reading up on the forums and I have discovered the easiest way to get a P-966 Jet without cheats.
I was trying again and again, just driving in the front entrance of Fort Zucando base and I kept getting shot down, but sometimes I noticed they didnt even notice me drive in the front and I couldn't figure out why. Anyway. I finally figured it out. So follow these steps:
- Be Trevor.
- Call a Taxi.
- Put a waypoint right in front of the long drive t-junction outside of the base (There is a long metal bridge, you need to be the otherside of this bridge as sometimes the taxi driver likes to drop you off underneath it)
- When he drops you off, immediately enter the taxi again but this time carjack it.
- Turn around and drive straight for the front entrance to the base
- When you get to the mini-bump in the road right next to the entrance (like a mini speed bump, it's yellow and black) take a taxi job. Just keep pressing L3 (or the XBox equivilent)
- This should confuse the game somewhat and the base will not sound the alarm, drive in, turn left, through the car park (as fast as possible), then right, then straight for the P-966's. Drive to the second one.
- You will only get 4 stars when a military guy see's you, But the alarm hopefully won't sound.
- There should be a guard in front of it, crash the car into him and make sure he aint getting back up.
- Quickly exit the car, run to the jet, get it as fast as you can.
- You need to fly up and fast as possible. As soon as you're in, pull the rudder back for lift and accelerate. Get high fast.
- If they do try and shoot you down with missiles, (which they shouldnt thanks to your taxi job) it is possible to dodge the missiles, best way I've found is to just pull up fast. Head for the mountains too, they don't like to follow you there.
And hey presto! You've got the Jet. Now the next problem I encountered was (after losing the wanted stars) getting the jet back to Trevor's airbase. This thing is tricky to land, But I managed it after a few tries. Here are a few tips for you:
- Make sure you are approaching the airstrip as dead on as possible. It must be straight in front of you. This might take a few turn around's to get this right.
- Bring it in at a very gentle/shallow angle.
- Slow the plane down using the de-accelerate, but you will need to use quick bursts of accelerate to level it. Once you de-accelerate, the Jet tends to just dip face first into the ground. Give it a little shot of juice to keep it perky.
That's about all my tips now for it. I now have a Jet stored and saved in my game! I quicksaved it as soon as I got it in the hanger, but I went to Trevor's safehouse and saved again to make sure.
Anyway, Hope this helps some people. It's quite a cool trick with the taxi though. Would be useful to explore the base some more with this one, so long as you don't get seen you could wander around quite easily.