Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like when cars hit the ground the wrong way it explodes? (POLL)

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like cars exploding at force when landing upside down? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like cars exploding at force when landing upside down?

1. Yes, It's Fun (20 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Don't Mind (12 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

3. No, Don't like it (33 votes [50.77%])

Percentage of vote: 50.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

cars explode if you land upside down from a small to medium fall, i find this irritating when i got flung in the air and i had to land the right way up or my new super car will just go bang.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

No. On one hand it seems random. On another, the auto-flip feature (steering while airborne) means you can quickly tumble down mountains off a bump.

THGE Productions
  • THGE Productions

Drag racer

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

No. On one hand it seems random. On another, the auto-flip feature (steering while airborne) means you can quickly tumble down mountains off a bump.

agreed

Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I actually really hate it. I also hate vehicles exploding from being crushed too much as well, as those two things ruin my would be Chilliad and dump truck escapades.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Kinda happy i'm not the only hating the guts out of it

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Kind of, I would've landed a backflip off one of the jumps on one of the Chilliad downhill runs on a Sanchez otherwise...But it's kinda realistic sometimes so I don't mind it...

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

It's a bad design idea i think, with all these stunning mountains driving of them is fun but you have to force your self to land correctly or you will lean back on your chair and f*ck sake there goes my car just because i landed on the left of my car to much.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 24 September 2013 - 09:39 PM.

And if you're hitting the ground at an angle, you have to choose between steering into the landing to recover (and risk flipping yourself before landing) or steering away from the landing to level out (and risk spinning out as soon as you land because the wheels are pointed in a stupid direction) or do nothing and let yourself fly (and risk exploding on impact).

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by SmC12, 24 September 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Don't mind as it doesn't happen often and it's really your fault. In GTA V you have far more control over your car in the air than you did before, so you can set up your landing easily. It's actually too easy to set up a perfect landing now. So landing upside down should be pretty rare if you're doing it right. 

KissMySkillz
  • KissMySkillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

the auto-flip feature (steering while airborne)

another game killing feature. gta ain't a f*cking pilot simulator you don't need automatic assistance with driving. and you can't really turn it off like in gran turismo or something, so you're never in full control of what you do.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Actually you are in full control, and that seems to be peoples problem. Pretty sure turning the steering wheel is not going tomake my car roll back over onto it's wheels if I have flipped it. It does not do this for you, that would be auto correcting....

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 24 September 2013 - 11:15 PM.

I misposted and can't delete this.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

It's a great feature (was in IV) but they need to add 'hit-brake-to-enable.' if it's not auto matic, we'll be allowed to hit the ground with our tyres angled in a strategic way.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

or you could just learn how to drive and not crash in the first place, lol!

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm not talking about crashing, I'm talking about bouncing into the air and strategically needing to hit the ground with angled wheels. You try to turn your wheels in the air and right away you start rolling over.

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

I actually like it, it leads to epic moments and if you can't correct yourself in mid-air that's your problem. I picked up a bride and she asked me to drive her somewhere while her crazy husband was chasing us, I ended up losing control on a mountain and crashing full speed into the side of it. Franklin died and so did she, it was amazing.

BloodJunkie
  • BloodJunkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by BloodJunkie, 25 September 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Don't like it at all. The first time it happened to me I had just stolen the car so there wasn't even a scratch on it and I landed on the roof on the edge of a bridge support and it exploded instantly. This is after spending about an hour TRYING to make cars explode. Second was just driving up a cliff face and falling back onto the road landing on the back bumper/taillight. Both times really made no sense to me as to why it exploded.

Also as already mentioned above, I was really excited when I first found the dump truck and the first car I hit(from the side) everything exploded instantly, so the fun only lasted about 10 seconds.

Also really not a fan of the steering in mid-air thing and wish it could be turned off.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I hate how they chose to be realistic by making the cars explode, but have extremely minor body damage in crashes...like pick a side: realistic or not?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

you can control your car in the air as well as you can on the road.  You can flip or roll it any direction you want.  If you crash, you suck.  I was very surprised the first time it happened to me considering you can crash into everything head on at full speed on the road and barely break your headlights but I thought it was pretty cool they actually blow up once in a while.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I should mention that the car has a fuel tank, and i just figured it out and havent played with it much, but if you shoot a car just in front of the rear wheel on the drivers side i think, not sure if all cars are the same or not, but it will start leaking fuel which you can then shoot and make the car explode.  its kinda hard to do if you are too close though cause the driver sees your gun and takes off like a madman, lol!  maybe it has something to do with that.  Ive crashed cars on the road in the side by using the ebrake a lot though and never had one explode and im pretty sure i hit something in that spot, but maybe some cars are different.

b1g_dav3
  • b1g_dav3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Doesn't bother me, just get 100% armour on the vehicle and it's indestructible to landing wrong.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I die so fcking much that i really dont care anymore as long as it isn't the annoying ass cops.

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Idk if I'm just lucky but I've only had this happen if I'm going 80+ and land either directly on the roof of the car or on the rear bumper from at least a 100 foot fall. I had a train throw me off an overpass last night into a ditch, the entire passenger side of the car was almost touching the driver's seat and it still didn't explode on impact. I have pics of it on my social club page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users