Photo

Rockstar wants more of your money

53 replies to this topic
Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm done with gaming in general. I don't like where it's headed.

Yeah going from forced monthly to payments to optional payments, what a grim path.

Lets be clear on one thing, microtransactions arnt bad by nature, sadly alot of devs/publishers end up abusing the f*ck out of theyr microtransaction, I don't belive this will be the case with rockstar, it would undermine alot of the effort they put into gta online.

Arcadiax
  • Arcadiax

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Arcadiax, 24 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Where it's headed? As has been said before, it's gonna cost rockstar a pretty penny to keep a persistent multiplayer universe online, would you rather they had subscription fees for online? This isn't just gaming its business, and businesses need to make good business decisions, regardless of whether they're making games, movies, mouse mats or pet rocks. Micro-transactions are a bitch, but it's not like they're adding pay-only content, it's cash, cash that can be made in-game, to support the persistent server hosting.

Yeah going from forced monthly to payments to optional payments, what a grim path.

Lets be clear on one thing, microtransactions arnt bad by nature, sadly alot of devs/publishers end up abusing the f*ck out of theyr microtransaction, I don't belive this will be the case with rockstar, it would undermine alot of the effort they put into gta online.

This.

Micro-transactions can be great when presented in the right way for the right content. Some publishers though, rip the complete dick off it and base their entire game around micro-transactions that leads to p2w. 

A nice example of how Micro-transactions can be good is the rumours that WoW is heading towards a f2p-micro-transaction model, free WoW, the most popular MMO out there that's made millions upon millions from subscriptions, could be free to play for all. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I just hope they don't make some stuff only buyable with real money, that would be the deal breaker for me

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Like I said in the other post about this:

You guys need to realise, not everyone has all the time in the world to play games. Some people simply don't have the time to plan and pull off heists or run around robbing shops for ages, and they can't enjoy the game if they don't have the time to do this. Buying cash cards will help these people enjoy the game and everything that costs the cash they have no time to make.

Yes, we'll probably get an influx of ages who aren't even supposed to be playing this game buying these with their parents bank rolling it, but that's just a side effect, this is good for a lot of people. I myself have a lot of time to play, but some of my friends don't, and I can understand why this would be good for them. 

Well nobody is obliged to get that and they had to gain some money from somewhere I mean... they give you a GTA MMO, it was kinda expected that they would do some bullcrap like this to make some money... makes me a bit sad because if this is true kids are going to have some big ass apartment because "they paid money in real life" while people like me (I'm not gonna waste my freaking money just to have a fancy car or apartment IN A GAME) are going to have to work to get all that stuff...  but you guys need to calm down this is not even confirmed, let's freak out and rage at R* when they actually say that the game is going to have microtransition

I agree with both of you.

Oh you actually thought they'd develop basicly a mmo counter part to theyr sp without trying to earn a dime of it? lets face it keeping the services availible alone is gonna cost rockstar a pretty penny.

GTA games have always been about single player. Rockstar games have always been about quality. They pack so much stuff into their games, it'd be fun to play after the story was over. How long have you been playing GTA for? 

I grew up with it, and so are the people that dislike where this is heading. I'm not against microtransactions completely. If it's for customization purposes then yeah, I'd give some money for that. But buying weapons and vehicles that will give a clear disadvantage to someone trying EARN those things is unfair. We have yet to see how this will play out yeah? 

I'm not making any assumptions now, and I'm keeping an open mind. 7 more days until it's released! 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Like I said in the other post about this:

You guys need to realise, not everyone has all the time in the world to play games. Some people simply don't have the time to plan and pull off heists or run around robbing shops for ages, and they can't enjoy the game if they don't have the time to do this. Buying cash cards will help these people enjoy the game and everything that costs the cash they have no time to make.

Yes, we'll probably get an influx of ages who aren't even supposed to be playing this game buying these with their parents bank rolling it, but that's just a side effect, this is good for a lot of people. I myself have a lot of time to play, but some of my friends don't, and I can understand why this would be good for them. 

Well nobody is obliged to get that and they had to gain some money from somewhere I mean... they give you a GTA MMO, it was kinda expected that they would do some bullcrap like this to make some money... makes me a bit sad because if this is true kids are going to have some big ass apartment because "they paid money in real life" while people like me (I'm not gonna waste my freaking money just to have a fancy car or apartment IN A GAME) are going to have to work to get all that stuff...  but you guys need to calm down this is not even confirmed, let's freak out and rage at R* when they actually say that the game is going to have microtransition

I agree with both of you.

Oh you actually thought they'd develop basicly a mmo counter part to theyr sp without trying to earn a dime of it? lets face it keeping the services availible alone is gonna cost rockstar a pretty penny.

GTA games have always been about single player. Rockstar games have always been about quality. They pack so much stuff into their games, it'd be fun to play after the story was over. How long have you been playing GTA for? 

I grew up with it, and so are the people that dislike where this is heading. I'm not against microtransactions completely. If it's for customization purposes then yeah, I'd give some money for that. But buying weapons and vehicles that will give a clear disadvantage to someone trying EARN those things is unfair. We have yet to see how this will play out yeah? 

I'm not making any assumptions now, and I'm keeping an open mind. 7 more days until it's released! 

I have played since the very first gta (granted I was underage :p), and unlike you I am actually against microtransactions in general, but unlike some people I am also a realist, expecting a service like the one rockstar plans to offer for gta online to have no way for rockstar to make money is pretty foolish.

And people already got theyr money's worth with sp and then some.

Also not worried about "clear" advantages because of weapons or vehicles, even the very first pistol wielded by a better player is likely to win against someone with a mg. (unless you play on a nuuby autoaim server).

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

This is the 10th thread on this, use the search button. Don't care, means I pay no subscription so online will be completely free for me.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

This is how you upkeep an ongoing service like an MMO or a persistent online world....

Money doesn't grow on trees...

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

What's really going to bug half the board? 

I'm putting 10 bucks down right when they allow it. Do I want a head start? Damn right. Do I need it? Hell no. I worked up to top rank in RDR, GTA 4, and Max Payne as well. But I'd gladly love a head start like that. 

Hopefully, the prices aren't too ridiculous. 10 bucks real money for 1 bil sounds good. Get a nice house right off the start, and deck my character out. Maybe get a few nice guns. Everything else I want, I'd have to work for, cause that's all I plan on putting down. 

Especially since the only way I'd get my favorite car, the Z-Type is to spend 100 dollars in real money, and that's not happening for pure DLC. So take that into consideration. Unless someone puts 100 bucks down in reality, no one is getting the most expensive car there is to get, since that's 10 bil. 

Keep that in mind. Anyway, just realize not everyone who is going to put money down is a "BAD GAMER.". Some of us just appreciate the head start. Not like 10 bucks is such a damn money grab anyway. It's 10 bucks. 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 24 September 2013 - 07:23 PM.

One word in that article makes this thread null and void... "suggests"

Images and information about subscription and microstransactions were already found in game files.  :cry:

I just want Z-Type and "Zaibatsu" the sh*t from everyone else.

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

What's really going to bug half the board? 

I'm putting 10 bucks down right when they allow it. Do I want a head start? Damn right. Do I need it? Hell no. I worked up to top rank in RDR, GTA 4, and Max Payne as well. But I'd gladly love a head start like that. 

Hopefully, the prices aren't too ridiculous. 10 bucks real money for 1 bil sounds good. Get a nice house right off the start, and deck my character out. Maybe get a few nice guns. Everything else I want, I'd have to work for, cause that's all I plan on putting down. 

Especially since the only way I'd get my favorite car, the Z-Type is to spend 100 dollars in real money, and that's not happening for pure DLC. So take that into consideration. Unless someone puts 100 bucks down in reality, no one is getting the most expensive car there is to get, since that's 10 bil. 

Keep that in mind. Anyway, just realize not everyone who is going to put money down is a "BAD GAMER.". Some of us just appreciate the head start. Not like 10 bucks is such a damn money grab anyway. It's 10 bucks. 

Look at me, look at me, i wanna be top of the leaderboards so everyone can see my internet gamertag but never know who I really am.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

This is the 10th thread on this, use the search button. Don't care, means I pay no subscription so online will be completely free for me.

You do care because you clicked on this thread, and replied to it. Someone who wouldn't care would have ignored it. Learn to ignore.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would buy dlc or seasons pass but not ingame money..

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by Vorpax, 24 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

R* should freaking decide what they want to do with their franchise, because i swear right at the moment it doesn't seem that they do! They should stop with this wasted effort and let R* San Diego handle Online, while concentrating solely on Singleplayer themselves, similar to how Bethesda handled Elder Scrolls! That way they'd please both fronts!...But no...they should come to this irrational, unpleasant experience instead!... :bored:  :sui: I just...can't understand! I mean like its not something, that you don't trust investing money on, it proved to be reliable as there's basically nobody, that would get disappointed! I mean like singpleplayer fans get complete full package 300 hours game, while those who prefer online get full package online experience!...problem solved, double profit! 

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by GTAspotter, 24 September 2013 - 07:42 PM.

They can f*ck off if this is the case, there is no excuse for micro transactions in a $60 game, I used to think R* was one of the last AAA companies with any integrity and respect for the consumer, but if they do this then clearly I was wrong.

• RobinTheBrave likes this

qkdefus
  • qkdefus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

if it only where up to R* and not the greedy stock holders

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

You do care because you clicked on this thread, and replied to it. Someone who wouldn't care would have ignored it. Learn to ignore.

Dont care about the micro transactions R* are implementing f*ckwit. Learn to read you daft twat because you just made yourself out to be a right pillock.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by brootalperry, 24 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Dont care about the micro transactions R* are implementing f*ckwit. Learn to read you daft twat because you just made yourself out to be a right pillock.

Lmao. Get madder. 

• RockstarGROUPIE likes this

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Just put a loan shark in the game !!

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lmao. Get madder. 

Is that all you can say because you just realised you failed miserably and feel like a twat?

• The Wooden Mask likes this

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

This is how you upkeep an ongoing service like an MMO or a persistent online world....

Money doesn't grow on trees...

Look at Blizzard and how much money they got with WoW/

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money.jpg

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by brootalperry, 26 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

http://www.ign.com/a...crotransactions

"Rockstar has announced new details about Grand Theft Auto Online, including confirmation of the microtransactions rumored earlier this week."

And there you have it! 

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thinking about this the last day or so I come to the conclusion I'd rather it just be subcription based. I'd feel happier paying a flat monthly rate to play rather than feeling like I'm being nickled and dimed for such tiny object packs.

Those saying it's optional sure for now, but we don't know if future DLC plans will splinter the community.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

This is how it will work...

Either pay real money for i dunno lets say 1 million bucks...

Or keep doing heists and robbing making like 500 bucks an hour.

All the kids will be flying around in private jets and suped up cars and all the people who dont want to spend money will not be able to buy sh*t.

they said you can make money faster online than in single player. i could easily make more than a few grand an hour in single player doing robberies and side missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users