53 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...crotransactions

How many of you are gonna lick Rockstar's buttcrack for this?

Idk about you guys, but I'm excited!  :r*:

• Vorpax likes this

Dirty_White_Boy
  • Dirty_White_Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Give me singel player dlcs where you can buy houses,  that i would pay for even if it should be free but for online im not giving them a cent

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

I smell subscription based models coming in the future. $15 a month! :D

I'll sign up day one!

TjCase85
  • TjCase85

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ever think of this... could be nothing but purchasing fake money with real money,Someone killing you and stealing your fake money. A real in game theft? Lol

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Take my money Rockstar.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Nah, I think it's something like Station Cash from Planetside 2. They're probably going that route but I think this could mean Pay To Win if you only certain weapons, vehicles, and so on are available with real money. Flamethrower anyone?

DIGGOO
  • DIGGOO

лол

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Screw this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Take my money Rockstar.

Lmao, seriously?

• RobinTheBrave likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Take my money Rockstar.

Lmao, seriously?

What he wants to say, but doesn't have the guts to, is Take me from behind Rockstar.

• Mr. Schneobelen likes this

MisterFR3SH
  • MisterFR3SH

Liberty is Love, Liberty is Life.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

It is not Rockstar's choice, it's T2 games, they decide what to do.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Well, can't say that surprises me. They said their plan is to keep it as an ongoing service into the foreseeable future and they'll need to pay for the servers. It's really not an issue for other games because most of the time people are done fooling around with multiplayer in less than a year, so the developers can shut down servers.

At least it's optional sh*t and not having to pay subscription fees. Knock on wood.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

It's not pay 2 win, you can still get money.
It's for lazy gamers who want to get everything without doing the entire process

iamruby
  • iamruby

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Obviously nothings been confirmed so hopefully its not going to be in the game but if it is I have faith that Rockstar won't allow it to become pay to win.

If its just for cosmetic additions like clothing, weapon skins, vehicle customisation etc and not "pay X amount and you've got the best weapons from the get go".

Im sure online is semi story based, your character is new to LS and is working his way up the ladder so microtransactions wouldnt really fit in with that narrative

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

This is how it will work...

Either pay real money for i dunno lets say 1 million bucks...

Or keep doing heists and robbing making like 500 bucks an hour.

All the kids will be flying around in private jets and suped up cars and all the people who dont want to spend money will not be able to buy sh*t.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

If it is worth it, I don't see why not? It's a company after all.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Sorry R*, but I wont do it. When I pay $60 for a game I want the completed game, not a base package that you can spend more money on to get the things you really want.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by jamieleng, 24 September 2013 - 06:39 PM.

This is how it will work...

Either pay real money for i dunno lets say 1 million bucks...

Or keep doing heists and robbing making like 500 bucks an hour.

All the kids will be flying around in private jets and suped up cars and all the people who dont want to spend money will not be able to buy sh*t.

Would be nice to have the option to only play with 'Pay to Win (or show off the fact that you've got a lot of disposable income)', 'Not pay to Win' & a mixture of the two. But then those who can buy all the nice stuff from the get go, won't always get to feel superior.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

One word in that article makes this thread null and void... "suggests"

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

7 days left. But that doesn't guarantee it will be there on day 1. 

But all the people hoping that the release of GTA Online will unlock stuff for single player should probably drop those hopes. 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Oh you actually thought they'd develop basicly a mmo counter part to theyr sp without trying to earn a dime of it? lets face it keeping the services availible alone is gonna cost rockstar a pretty penny.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well nobody is obliged to get that and they had to gain some money from somewhere I mean... they give you a GTA MMO, it was kinda expected that they would do some bullcrap like this to make some money... makes me a bit sad because if this is true kids are going to have some big ass apartment because "they paid money in real life" while people like me (I'm not gonna waste my freaking money just to have a fancy car or apartment IN A GAME) are going to have to work to get all that stuff...  but you guys need to calm down this is not even confirmed, let's freak out and rage at R* when they actually say that the game is going to have microtransition

Arcadiax
  • Arcadiax

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Like I said in the other post about this:

You guys need to realise, not everyone has all the time in the world to play games. Some people simply don't have the time to plan and pull off heists or run around robbing shops for ages, and they can't enjoy the game if they don't have the time to do this. Buying cash cards will help these people enjoy the game and everything that costs the cash they have no time to make.

Yes, we'll probably get an influx of ages who aren't even supposed to be playing this game buying these with their parents bank rolling it, but that's just a side effect, this is good for a lot of people. I myself have a lot of time to play, but some of my friends don't, and I can understand why this would be good for them. 

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

7 days left. But that doesn't guarantee it will be there on day 1. 

But all the people hoping that the release of GTA Online will unlock stuff for single player should probably drop those hopes. 

Yup!...and also those, who hope that R* will add all the promised stuff in SP as DLC probably should drop those hopes as well, since R* clearly let everyone know, which way they're going now and this only strengthen the obvious! Now i wouldn't be surprised if R* goes all "Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics/Eidos" by stating that they're not going to support SP campaign of the game and rather concentrate on DLC content for MP!...just wait and see this happen!

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I don't care about online

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

They would be stupid not to have micro transactions. Mico transactions have proven to be more profitable than anything in gaming. My guess is you will be able to purchase vehicles with real money or purchase in game currency. Now i never buy these things because it takes away the fun in earning it but i know a lot of people do use microtransactions and use them frequently.

beermouse
  • beermouse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by beermouse, 24 September 2013 - 07:01 PM.

Oh you actually thought they'd develop basicly a mmo counter part to theyr sp without trying to earn a dime of it? lets face it keeping the services availible alone is gonna cost rockstar a pretty penny.

Exactly it's gonna cost R* quite a bit to keep this going. I will have no problem with this at all unless you get super weapons which cost millions and destroy people just by looking at them, then it could make the game unplayable . As long as they keep it balanced I don't see a problem.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

You all will

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Sorry to say this but DUH? Rockstar announces an online community thing, that means micropayments.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by Saliva, 24 September 2013 - 07:09 PM.

I'm done with gaming in general. I don't like where it's headed. Also you will be able to buy money, kind of defeats the purpose of doing heists.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Its justified, if they are making a living breathing MMO like world they need a flow of money to keep it going smoothly and keep it evolving. Besides, if you don't like it you really don't have to do it. Just get a good crew and go on some heist's and earn some cash the old fasion way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users