22 replies to this topic
Liquid_Snake_LosSantos
  • Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Rat

• Members
  • None
  • Best GTA Topic 2013 "Cool things you didn't know about."

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

So someone said you must do one of these to advance the storyline.

Q1

If so, is it still possible to make a trillion or so dollars, using the remaining missions, after the storyline is completed? I need to buy those expensive properties.

Q2

At what point is this "final heist" where you make the most money, is it the last mission, is it a few missions before that?

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 24 September 2013 - 05:57 PM.

So someone said you must do one of these to advance the storyline.

Q1

If so, is it still possible to make a trillion or so dollars, using the remaining missions, after the storyline is completed? I need to buy those expensive properties.

Q2

At what point is this "final heist" where you make the most money, is it the last mission, is it a few missions before that?

In my most recent playthrough, I made around $37mil per character from the big heist. After playing the stock market using the assassination missions, it translated into roughly $350mil each. That's more than enough to buy the Golf Course and all three Cinemas and still have change. You are correct in saying that you have to complete The Hotel Assassination to advance the story, however you can still invest whatever money you have into stocks beforehand, as you'll still make close to 80% profit.

The Big One isn't the last mission, there are a couple of missions post-heist to wrap up some loose ends.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

It's a shame the stock market is virtually useless after you've done the assassination missions. It's basically a one-time money grab, and if you missed it, you're screwed.

Complete waste of opportunity, and in my opinion one of the many disappointments in GTAV.

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

There are 5 assassination missions (1 you need to do early on to progress in the story). Leave the remaining 4 to the end (when you have the most money) and invest ALL your money in the correct firms.

I done this on my second run through and ended with $1.5 BILLION on each character.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

It's a shame the stock market is virtually useless after you've done the assassination missions. It's basically a one-time money grab, and if you missed it, you're screwed.

Complete waste of opportunity, and in my opinion one of the many disappointments in GTAV.

True... this is one of the very few things I didn't like in the game. The stock market is f*cked up..

fiffelquist
  • fiffelquist

console newb

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

There are 5 assassination missions (1 you need to do early on to progress in the story). Leave the remaining 4 to the end (when you have the most money) and invest ALL your money in the correct firms.

I done this on my second run through and ended with $1.5 BILLION on each character.

Im trying to find info on what firms are the correct ones before i start the missions. but i cant find any "guide" for that, can anybody tell me?

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

So hotel assassination is the only one that you need to do to advance the story?
How long after killing the guy should you pull the money out and is the profit even decent seeing as you don't even have that much money to begin with compared to the last four Assassination missions

Scorp84
  • Scorp84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

The step by step guide below gives out detail on how to get up to 1.5 billion from these missions by playing the stock market. 

Few Important Things to Note:

DO NOT DO ANY OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE!
    These steps are very time sensitive so don't waste too much time between missions or you might miss an investment window.
    Be sure make use of multiple save files and make sure to save before each investment or each assassination mission because the timing on some of this can be a bit tricky and confusing.
    For a condensed TL;DR version scroll down to the very bottom.

STEP 1:

Lester Assassination Mission #1 - Hotel Assasination

This will come naturally being that you cannot progress through the rest of the story without having to do the first one. Invest in [BET] BettaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ) with each character before starting the mission with Franklin. You won't have much money to invest so the take won't be that big. Im not exactly sure what the max return percentage is on the investment because at the time I did the mission I wasnt that familiar with how the stock market works. If i remember correctly though it caps out at around 80% profit at least.

STEP 2:

DO NOT DO ANYMORE OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS:

There are probably other ways of manipulating the stock market and making vast amounts of cash without these missions but if you do them early on you will miss out on being able to invest your take from the final heist on his stock tips and thus not be able to make vast amounts of money as quickly.

STEP 3:

Finish all the main story missions besides Lester's assassination missions.

Once you finish the last story mission you get the money you made from the last heist you did at which point you can get on the road towards being a billionaire.

STEP 4:

Lester Assassination Mission #2 - The Multi Target Assassination

BEFORE accepting the mission invest all the money you have with each character in the stock [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Immediately after this mission is completed the stock price will start to rise. It will take around 8 in game hours to reach its peak at 80% return percentage at which point you can sell all your stock with each character. If you wait too long to sell then the return will be significantly lower so keep an eye on the stock and wait for it to reach its peak and make sure to sell before the next trading day which begins every weekday at 8am in game time.

Here are my numbers to show you what I made with Michael: $32, 081,246 invested. $58,714,376 return.

STEP 4.5

Invest in Redwood

This is the most important step and the step most people are not aware of. Even though you are meant to hurt this company with the last assassination mission they come out on top in the end. Invest all your money with each character in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). With any of your characters advance the in game clock by 48 hours past the last trading day which started at 8am by going the the save screen at any of safe houses and then backing out immediately. Each time you back out from a save the clock advances 6 hours. If you wait 2 days and land on a weekend you have to wait additional days to get to the next week as stock prices do not move on weekends. Once you get to start of the second trading day Redwood's stock will be up by a whopping 300% instantly at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $58,714,376 invested. $234,839,456 return.

STEP 5

Lester Assassination Mission #3 - The Vice Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 50% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $234,839,456 invested. $353,735,360 return.

STEP 6:

Lester Assassination Mission #4 - The Bus Assassination

Complete the mission as you would do normally. AFTER completion invest all your money with each character in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance the in game clock 2 days and at the start of the second trading day the stock will be up 100% instantly and will not peak any further at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $353,735,360 invested. $707,470,720 return

STEP: 7

Lester Assassination Mission # 7 -The Construction Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 80% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $707,470,720 invested. $1,282,880,384 return.

Ramez05 also shared a Condensed Version of his above guide:

STEP 1

BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

STEP 2

Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.

STEP 3

BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.

STEP 4

AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.

STEP 5

BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

• Levindski and reaszon like this

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Awesome thank you for this.

xWild Yak
  • xWild Yak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the detail Scorp84.

I don't know if you want to add this in at all but straight away after the iFruit stocks you should buy into Facade and advance forward 2 days and you can make about 50% on those too. It appears to be down to the fact Facade are in the computing/software industry.

SoaknFuzed
  • SoaknFuzed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

hmm. step 4.5 seems to not be working exactly as it should. I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing wrong. I finished the second mission and collected my %80 profit from debonair. then I invested everything into Redwood on all 3 characters. the time was shortly after 8am on Monday when I started to advance time. I advanced it 48 hours and it ain't budging. I've tried twice now.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

SoaknFuzed
  • SoaknFuzed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

nevermind. I just kept advancing time and checking the market after every time advance and eventually it was at %300. awesome, thanks for this.

yopitstank
  • yopitstank

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

The step by step guide below gives out detail on how to get up to 1.5 billion from these missions by playing the stock market. 

Few Important Things to Note:

DO NOT DO ANY OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE!
    These steps are very time sensitive so don't waste too much time between missions or you might miss an investment window.
    Be sure make use of multiple save files and make sure to save before each investment or each assassination mission because the timing on some of this can be a bit tricky and confusing.
    For a condensed TL;DR version scroll down to the very bottom.

STEP 1:

Lester Assassination Mission #1 - Hotel Assasination

This will come naturally being that you cannot progress through the rest of the story without having to do the first one. Invest in [BET] BettaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ) with each character before starting the mission with Franklin. You won't have much money to invest so the take won't be that big. Im not exactly sure what the max return percentage is on the investment because at the time I did the mission I wasnt that familiar with how the stock market works. If i remember correctly though it caps out at around 80% profit at least.

STEP 2:

DO NOT DO ANYMORE OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS:

There are probably other ways of manipulating the stock market and making vast amounts of cash without these missions but if you do them early on you will miss out on being able to invest your take from the final heist on his stock tips and thus not be able to make vast amounts of money as quickly.

STEP 3:

Finish all the main story missions besides Lester's assassination missions.

Once you finish the last story mission you get the money you made from the last heist you did at which point you can get on the road towards being a billionaire.

STEP 4:

Lester Assassination Mission #2 - The Multi Target Assassination

BEFORE accepting the mission invest all the money you have with each character in the stock [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Immediately after this mission is completed the stock price will start to rise. It will take around 8 in game hours to reach its peak at 80% return percentage at which point you can sell all your stock with each character. If you wait too long to sell then the return will be significantly lower so keep an eye on the stock and wait for it to reach its peak and make sure to sell before the next trading day which begins every weekday at 8am in game time.

Here are my numbers to show you what I made with Michael: $32, 081,246 invested. $58,714,376 return.

STEP 4.5

Invest in Redwood

This is the most important step and the step most people are not aware of. Even though you are meant to hurt this company with the last assassination mission they come out on top in the end. Invest all your money with each character in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). With any of your characters advance the in game clock by 48 hours past the last trading day which started at 8am by going the the save screen at any of safe houses and then backing out immediately. Each time you back out from a save the clock advances 6 hours. If you wait 2 days and land on a weekend you have to wait additional days to get to the next week as stock prices do not move on weekends. Once you get to start of the second trading day Redwood's stock will be up by a whopping 300% instantly at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $58,714,376 invested. $234,839,456 return.

STEP 5

Lester Assassination Mission #3 - The Vice Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 50% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $234,839,456 invested. $353,735,360 return.

STEP 6:

Lester Assassination Mission #4 - The Bus Assassination

Complete the mission as you would do normally. AFTER completion invest all your money with each character in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance the in game clock 2 days and at the start of the second trading day the stock will be up 100% instantly and will not peak any further at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $353,735,360 invested. $707,470,720 return

STEP: 7

Lester Assassination Mission # 7 -The Construction Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 80% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $707,470,720 invested. $1,282,880,384 return.

Ramez05 also shared a Condensed Version of his above guide:

STEP 1

BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

STEP 2

Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.

STEP 3

BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.

STEP 4

AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.

STEP 5

BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

You can double dip fruit and façade as well....after you sell fruit turn around and invest in façade and just wait for it to cap doing it now 33% return so far

Jozzborne
  • Jozzborne

Jeremy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Check the guide in my signature. Its the easiest and most full proof way to make over $2 Billion over character. These other pasted guides are missing A LOT.
  • rhgunguy likes this

yopitstank
  • yopitstank

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I just wish there wasn't a money cap I hit 2.147 billion and game wouldn't pay mr profits anymore

Pbmaster2k89
  • Pbmaster2k89

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Anyone else feel that this may b one of the biggest f*ck ups rockstar had ever done? This game is really f*cked up

Pbmaster2k89
  • Pbmaster2k89

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Waitin for gtao and hoping it makes up for the story and rest of the single player

CptPantsUK
  • CptPantsUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Can only invest 1 billion with one of my hair tree for the last assassination...anyone else have this?

ckey
  • ckey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Why would you wait until the end to do the assasination missions? Whats the use of having millions of dollars with no more game left?

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Why would you wait until the end to do the assasination missions? Whats the use of having millions of dollars with no more game left?

Because instead of a petty $30+ million you can make well over a $1 billion and buy eveything you couldn't with $30+ million.

ckey
  • ckey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by ckey, 06 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Because instead of a petty $30+ million you can make well over a $1 billion and buy eveything you couldn't with $30+ million.

Ok, but serious question. What do you do in SP after you do all the missions? Just drive around or ??? Whats the motivation to keep playing?

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

God damn why didn't i do this

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Anthony Soprano, 07 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

My only complaint was I didn't know about not doing the assassination missions before I had already done 4 of them , so I basically lost out on the big bucks. It would have been nice to known ahead of time but I know I am not the the only one who missed out. I am not going to do a re-do just for the extra money but that's just me I can live with the 50 million I made and still have fun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users