Photo

I need tips to rampage against police

23 replies to this topic
gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

I know the game is still in its infancy but anyone out there can give me some pointers on how to make a good stand against police.  I've only been able to hold my ground for a couple minutes.  one time i set up shop next to a gas station.  I sticky bombed the gas station and backed myself into an alley where i had a car parked for cover.  when cops came up i blew up the gas station and took about half a dozen cops out.  I got 4 stars right then and it got really hard to hold my ground.  this is just one example.  anyone else got any more strategies like this to make a good last stand.  i wanna have a good battle w/  the cops for a good 10 mins. if thats possible then take off and hopefully have 5 stars by then.  only been able to get 4 stars so far.  i wasted $250,000 in hospital bills last night practicing this kind of stuff to master the police.  i guess practice makes perfect but im frustrated and need pointers.

chevy1080
  • chevy1080

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Try hiding out in a 24/7

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I went to the LS river (the storm drains) and found a tunnel off to the side. Then I found a strong car, and parked it a little ways down the tunnel for cover. Then I put sticky bombs all over the tunnel and lured the police in. I shot a bunch of them until I got my wanted level up and once there were enough of them in the tunnel I blew up the sticky bombs. After that I just continued shooting them and blowing them up with grenades and stuff, until I accidentally dropped a grenade right by my feet and died. I think I could have gone on for a pretty long time doing that.

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by gepetto420, 24 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

thats pretty good, i was thinking about making like a fort out of cars tonight  (in kind of like a half diamond pattern).  I will have a building behind me and use the cars as cover.  sticky bomb the entire perimeter and see how long i last.

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

i just wanna be able to kick the police's a$$ for awhile out in the open (like that movie Heat).  that would be bad a$$

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

i just wanna be able to kick the police's a$$ for awhile out in the open (like that movie Heat).  that would be bad a$$

Most important thing is that you have something over your head to protect you from choppers, and it really helps to limit the number routes the police have to get to you.

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

i will try the half diamond pattern car barrier trick next to a building with some sort of vestibule to duck under then.  lets all see how long we can hold out against the police tonight then report back tomorrow with time alive and how many stars you drew.  i still have yet to draw the millitary out which i want to do.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

good luck man. :)

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Try hiding out in a 24/7

you mean holding the doors open and shooting them or wait until they come inside ?  i was kind of talking about starting battles out in the open using cover of course with car barriers that you build.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

i wasted $250,000 in hospital bills last night practicing this kind of stuff to master the police.

To avoid paying the full $5000 medical bill, you can invest your cash into some relatively safe stock (Augury Insurance is my personal favorite) and keep only $2000-4000 in cash. Then your medical bills will be more like $50. Think of it like a tax shelter, or faking a low income so you qualify for Medicaid. Just sell a couple thousand dollars worth of stock whenever you need to pay for stuff.

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have a police battle idea.  make an outer perimeter of cars outside your 'cover' perimeter (half diamond pattern outside a building with a vestibule for heli cover) then take the jerry can and soak them all down.  Put a perimeter of sticky bombs just inside this outer 'fire barrier' set of cars.  When cops show light up the 'fire' barrier to keep cops away from you so can pick them off and keep chucking nades and tear gas at them.  Then explode your perimeter of sticky bombs just inside the outer 'fire' barrier for when the cops get bold and decide to advance on you. then try to put another sticky bomb perimeter down while they respawn; rinse and repeat and stay behind your innner 'cover' barrier of cars as long as you can.  All the while you are picking them off with a carbine rifle (grenade launcher ?).   The set up for this might take awhile.  I'm guessing you'd need about 20 cars to form both perimeters.  I bet you could hold your ground pretty long like this.  You could try this underneath a bridge too for heli cover but finding a building with a vestibule might be easier because then you dont have to worry about getting flanked.   I'm gonna try this tonight.  I like seeing how long i can last against police.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think your first parked cars would probably start disappearing before you finish, but try it anyway. Also, keep in mind that the gasoline can ignite the sticky bombs.

Cripple
  • Cripple

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Pro tip: invest in ammu nation so you don't lose so much money when you die. I leave all my money in the stock market so I only spend like 15 bucks when I die. I've never seen ammu nation move up or down more that a couple cents.

Toastybunz
  • Toastybunz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Have a fast getaway car nearby in a place that won't get blocked, take a stand in a spot with good hard cover and preferably a roof/overpass above you to shield you from the choppers. If you do a shootout on a big downtown street you won't last very long, there isn't enough cover, there's too many entrances for them and it's too wide open to move between cover. You have to be smart about it, you want to funnel them (think the movie 300) and don't let them flank you. Also.... armor and bring some friends. 

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Pro tip: invest in ammu nation so you don't lose so much money when you die. I leave all my money in the stock market so I only spend like 15 bucks when I die. I've never seen ammu nation move up or down more that a couple cents.

thanks for tip brah

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

here is a diagram of what im talking about brosephs.

http://imageshack.us...s/812/idve.png/

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think your first parked cars would probably start disappearing before you finish, but try it anyway. Also, keep in mind that the gasoline can ignite the sticky bombs.

i will place the sticky bombs about 10 feet from the fire perimeter cars then.  its gonna take a sh*t load of cars to pull this off.  i hope they dont disappear that would totally suck.  how the hell does rockstar want us to pull off epic police battles ?!

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Maybe it would work best if you used buses.

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

good idea but can you shoot over buses ?  maybe use buses for the fire barrier ?

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

good idea but can you shoot over buses ?  maybe use buses for the fire barrier ?

You could use them to funnel the police into a kill zone. I guess you can't shoot over them but I'm not sure if you could shoot cops over normal cars either. They'll probably use them for cover.

weejen1
  • weejen1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

i tried it in a tank still only lasted about 5 min

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

You could use them to funnel the police into a kill zone. I guess you can't shoot over them but I'm not sure if you could shoot cops over normal cars either. They'll probably use them for cover.

well cops usually advance towards you after awhile.  i'd like to be able to pop my head out quickly and pick em off then duck back down.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Rockford Plaza my friend, get stacked with guns and go to this interior/exterior, cops only come in from the entereance and there is alot of ground and places for cover. Its on rockford road or something like that in east los santos out of vinewood hills. Have some rpgs cause the places isnt fully roofed but there is alot that is so you dont necessarily need to take down the choppers, but if you want to run around shoot them down. I have gotten 5 stars a couple times doing this before. 

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

cool thanks man, i will have to try that.  i havent unlocked the rpg yet i think.  i bet that would help me quite a bit with police battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users