Photo

The truth about GTA V

91 replies to this topic
Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

I must be playing a different game because so far I'm only 34% into GTA V after 20 hours of gameplay. Maybe stop rushing next time.

RIGHT?!?!?!?!

I got this game the day after it released, I have a job and a family and I am at 31% could i play more? Yes but i am not rushing it.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! After i beat the game I was like uh.. that's it? It felt so unbelievably rushed. I was so excited for the story to be even better than Red Dead. Ugh.. sucks.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

And that's just it. You COULDN'T rush through the old games.. the fact that you can rush through the story just shows that its lacking..

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think the game is good, nothing groundbreaking amazing though like some people thought.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

This forum is pretty ungrateful.

Lol Rockstar is not doing us a favor, its a transaction. We are the reason they exist, they should be grateful we buy their games. Not sure where where people got it twisted along the lines. 

Thats like you buying a car, and when you got to the dealership and explain a feature that you think could be improved he leans over and says "geez your ungrateful" and you say "mother f*cker! I paid for that sh*t!" Paying customers have a right and a duty to criticize. There is a line as always though.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

They have been even talking about more focusing towards online then to singleplayer. These days Online modes are the most important to us gamers. For example, Call of Duty rarely anyone will be play singplayer, same goes for Battlefield and other FPS games, especially sand box games, MMO's etc..

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

you can play multilayer on your own anyway can't you, not sure why people are so upset about it to be honest.

Just don't plug your mic in if you're that scared kids.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

you can play multilayer on your own anyway can't you, not sure why people are so upset about it to be honest.

This is the problem with online gaming right here...too many neck beards that take take video game competition so seriously that they actually think people experience real psychological fear of them.

TreTheTruth
  • TreTheTruth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by TreTheTruth, 24 September 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Maybe, all the stuff that's not available/accessible for SP, will play a part in MP missions/gameplay (buying houses, prison, ARMY base...)

Online has over 500+ missions...so I DOUBT they would throw all this extra stuff in a game for it to be the exact same for MP!

Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I agree here, can't you make a game and lock it to play the content by yourself or am I missing something here?

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yeah I just hope that it's possible to play online on your own (maybe choosing npc's for hiests). I'm sure I'll play some co-op with friends, join a crew with them etc, but I don't want to be held down to pulling off a mission only when x amount of my friends are available.

Which leads me to my next question - 500 missions sounds amazing, but is that per person or per crew? It'd suck if I come home from work one day to find my crew had done some of the missions I was hoping to play.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

The game has micro-transactions, I posted an EDIT on that, Need I bring more arguments over why I want all the features to be available in the sp GTA V ???

Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

The game has micro-transactions, I posted an EDIT on that, Need I bring more arguments over why I want all the features to be available in the sp GTA V ???

From what I read the Micro transaction are for money, play the stock market and I would guess you wouldn't need to buy IG $.  Buying fake money is for those that want it now and not earning it.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I agree here, can't you make a game and lock it to play the content by yourself or am I missing something here?

I don't think you can, there must be at least 1 or more players with you to begin game, i could be wrong though.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Obviously there will be more content when GTAO goes online.  Is this really news to anyone?

In regards to GTAV being rushed, I have no idea what that could be based on but I guess everyone's gotta have an opinion.

The game is huge...FULL of lengthy, well done cutscenes...has three protagonists...lots of stuff to do...

strip clubs

robbing stores

tennis

golf

parachuting

flight school

bicycling

swimming/scuba diving

tattoos

haircuts

car customization

stock market

hookers

taxi/policecar/towtruck/business missions

races (regular/offroad/jetski...etc)

strangers/freaks missions

I don't know how anyone could say that a game with this much stuff, that came out 5 years after the last one and took several hundred MILLION dollars to make was rushed lol.

The game isn't perfect and yes there could be more interiors but you cannot say there isn't a lot to do.  

And if their focus was really all on the online aspect, then I really can't wait.  If GTAV, which I think is a truly AMAZING game, wasn't even the focus, imagine how badass the online aspects really will be.

And who cares?

It's free and the entire game is still at the price of most games.  

It sounds like this was just a thinly veiled attempt at an "I'm disappointed with GTAV" type thread.  

Yawn.

Go play a game that you think is better then.  

I think that when you'll realize you need more and more money and they push you to micro transactions to ripp you off and it becomes addicting like a drug you'll stop being a fanboy and you'll see why all this fuzz

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I hope so because I'm not massively impressed with single player.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

You've all probably noticed how more and more of us start to realize that all the main work and big focus went to GTA ONLINE which not everyone likes.

And this is the TRUTH about GTA V, that it was just made all for the sake of GTA ONLINE, the concept R* had in mind since 2001 but they never put in practice since they never considered any of the previous games to be the right moment to start with the online thing

And now finally they were able to put it out leaving the actual GTA V single player wayy behind. 

A lot of mini games, activities, missions, interiors etc. are believed to be locked away from the single player to be later use in GTA ONLINE

So right from the very begining Rockstar had this in mind, this was the purpose of the big map and evrything it has to offer. In fact, I don't even know why they bothered with the single player since the online aspect seems to be the only thing they always cared about, the cover art might as well say ''GTA ONLINE'' instead of ''GTA V''

In my opinion the single player was rushed, unfinished and it lacks too many things

GTA ONLINE is the real new GTA game wether we like it or not and I personally believe that both should have the same features, maybe not everyone likes playing online and feels like doing so

You can agree or desagree with me, leave it down below...

Yeah, cause 100 hours of gameplay in single player just isn't quite enough. I understand what you're saying, but completely disagree with you. I think R* just wanted to make an unbelievable online element to the game. What game company doesn't? Anyone that says the single player element of a game was "rushed, unfinished and lacks too many things" when there is over 100 hours of gameplay worth of content is a spoiled little kid. Maybe a harsh insult, but seriously.... why are you complaining?!?!

Because there should be no DIFFERENCE between the content in the ONLINE and SP, I think I made it pretty clear, maybe I don't wanna play with little trolls that annoy me all the time. 

23Jarek23
  • 23Jarek23

ya momma

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by 23Jarek23, 24 September 2013 - 07:58 PM.

You could have said this about GTA4 because there was so little to do outside of the main mission, especially that which was fun. But to say they left out a lot and the single player was an after thought is just ridiculous. This is a great game, with a lot going for it. The interiors you speak of, no GTA games had a lot of them. Now when you consider the detail of this world on the outside and the graphical improvements compared to GTA4, it's huge, the consoles have limits you know? It's kind of the end of a generation, there's only so much that can be done on such old hardware. 

I hate the idea of forced online and micro transactions. I was just thinking and kinda worried about a possible GTA MMO in the future which would completely suck, but to think that the single player is lacking is pretty silly when compared to previous titles. 

Gooly
  • Gooly

Satanic Hispanic

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

gta online is why i got the game, the single player was just a bonus and i already beat the story so now just waiting for online so i can play with my friends

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

I dont see how it's a "ripoff". Ive payed full price for lesser games that I thoroughly enjoyed (Maifa 2 and Sleeping Dogs for example) that didn't even have an online mode. It's icing for me.

Nobody HAS to pay for micro transactions. Hell if they really wanted to be greedy they would have made an online code to be able to play it like so many games do nowadays (I still can't believe Mortal Kombat had one). Maybe with the extra money they make they will put it to keep adding content on top of what they already said they will be doing.

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Single player does not feel rushed to me, thoroughly enjoying it and taking my time to enjoy every feature and activity I've encountered.

I am also looking forward to the online mode once that goes live and seeing how that complements the single player game.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

And all you please stop telling things like ''you're rushing through the game'' cause that's irrelevant to what I'm talking about here, I don't complain over the lenght of the game 

Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's a great game hands down, Online is a bonus to me as well.

I hope they do it well, unlike some games that where made for only online.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was never a multiplayer guy and I don't want to ever see GTA turn into an MMO. I don't mind multiplayer as long as they don't gimp the SP for it.

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I beat the story in 12 hours.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 24 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

I don't know why people hate when a company wants money, isn't that the purpose ? They need money to do their games/enjoy their lives. Otherwise GTA V would not be even possible. Rockstar does quality games, no problem with that.

Even though I think they invested the same for both SP and MP. Because Rockstar wouldn't spend their time doing all of these easter eggs or collectible items oh and what about the amazing story ? . They would just do like BF3. But no.

Ghostdogg866
  • Ghostdogg866

Collection Agent

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by Ghostdogg866, 24 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

EDIT. I just found about GTA ONLINE having micro transactions so there you have your answers ladies and gents, that's why Rockstar wants to force us go play GTA ONLINE instead of the classic single player, IT WILL BRING THEM A LOT MORE MONEY. That's the reason why I hate this, not because I'm an anti-social creep or anything but just because it's a ripp-off

All I can say is don't buy the ingame money, you don't have to give R* anymore of your cash.

I have played many FTP mmos and console game that went online, I had fun with a majority of them and didn't give them any more cash.

The part where you say," IT WILL BRING THEM A LOT MORE MONEY" You do realize they are a business and are trying to make more money, it's what they do.  Not trying to be snarky but you really can't blame them for wanting to make money.

To anticipate the "They Lied to us,"  I have seen no evidence that they have lied to us about content or any of that. I think some have read to far into rumor and unconfirmed information.

​I truly believe people got their expectations way too high and they are taking it out on the big bad R*

Not a fanboy, just saying what I see.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

EDIT. I just found about GTA ONLINE having micro transactions so there you have your answers ladies and gents, that's why Rockstar wants to force us go play GTA ONLINE instead of the classic single player, IT WILL BRING THEM A LOT MORE MONEY. That's the reason why I hate this, not because I'm an anti-social creep or anything but just because it's a ripp-off

All I can say is don't buy the ingame money, you don't have to give R* anymore of your cash.

I have played many FTP mmos and console game that went online, I had fun with a majority of them and didn't give them any more cash.

The part where you say," IT WILL BRING THEM A LOT MORE MONEY" You do realize they are a business and are trying to make more money, it's what they do.  Not trying to be snarky but you really can't blame them for wanting to make money.

To anticipate the "They Lied to us,"  I have seen no evidence that they have lied to us about content or any of that. I think some have read to far into rumor and unconfirmed information.

​I truly believe people got their expectations way too high and they are taking it out on the big bad R*

My expectations are as high as R* themselves set them to be and more importantly, the previews that were given. And there are DLC as well which will cost you of course, My biggest complaint even after all is that the game could have been much better if they included all the features in the sp as well as the older features\mini-games\vehicles from the previous GTA games.

I don't think I'm asking for the world to be squeezed into this game, just things that would make it better as an sp game

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 24 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

I do share a similar mindset as you and try to stay neutral with the whole online gaming and micro transaction thing by telling myself that this is the evolution of gaming, and as long as people are willing to buy into it, nothing is going to change.

But, while I don't have to play online, or buy dlc, I can't help but remember the "good ole days" (never thought I would say that), when R* would try and put everything into one complete package; or at least try their damnedest to do it.  this is why SA is still my favorite to this day.   The ambition for that game was on another level.

When online features things that are not in SP (even if to some, it doesn't make sense for them to be there), something is not right.  R* has been one of the few trusted AAA developers for years, and to see them change their business model to a nickel and dime model is disheartening to say the least.

I'd really like to keep supporting R*, but not like this.

• Wylight likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! After i beat the game I was like uh.. that's it? It felt so unbelievably rushed. I was so excited for the story to be even better than Red Dead. Ugh.. sucks.

You're not the only one, many people think the same. The main missions are only 69, there shoul've been a lot more than that. All the fuzz on heists and how you choose how to organize them but in fact you can only play the heists given by the story, like 6 of them or so I remember.

They also made a lot of cool features\interiors only to be used in missions, take for example the train driving which is used in only 45 secs of gameplay on a mission or the '' James Bond '' car with guns and spikes or maybe the van with the computerized weapon. I don't think anybody here could deny that these things would make the game better if added in freeroam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users