» «
Photo

The truth about GTA V

91 replies to this topic
bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM.

I agree. I will be playing online, but in a private room alone so I can sit back and relax without dealing with annoying gamers.

Hopefully, everything is still available to me and I can use the A.I. to assist me. If I can't, I will probably take the game back like I did with IV.

It sucks because I played 3 (due to its novelty at the time) and San Andreas for years. San Andreas just had so many fun activities and you could play them as much as you want. In V, the most interesting activities (like Strangers) aren't repeatable.

I haven't finished the game yet, but do any of you know if you can keep doing random encounters, and arms trafficking infinitely?

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I hope, they make a few DLC like they did for IV "TLaD and BoGT" Same map some small updates and finishing touches before moving to the PS4/XBoxOne

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Obviously there will be more content when GTAO goes online.  Is this really news to anyone?

In regards to GTAV being rushed, I have no idea what that could be based on but I guess everyone's gotta have an opinion.

The game is huge...FULL of lengthy, well done cutscenes...has three protagonists...lots of stuff to do...

strip clubs

robbing stores

tennis

golf

parachuting

flight school

bicycling

swimming/scuba diving

tattoos

haircuts

car customization

stock market

hookers

taxi/policecar/towtruck/business missions

races (regular/offroad/jetski...etc)

strangers/freaks missions

I don't know how anyone could say that a game with this much stuff, that came out 5 years after the last one and took several hundred MILLION dollars to make was rushed lol.

The game isn't perfect and yes there could be more interiors but you cannot say there isn't a lot to do.  

And if their focus was really all on the online aspect, then I really can't wait.  If GTAV, which I think is a truly AMAZING game, wasn't even the focus, imagine how badass the online aspects really will be.

And who cares?

It's free and the entire game is still at the price of most games.  

It sounds like this was just a thinly veiled attempt at an "I'm disappointed with GTAV" type thread.  

Yawn.

Go play a game that you think is better then.  

• I<3GTAV likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Obviously there will be more content when GTAO goes online.  Is this really news to anyone?
In regards to GTAV being rushed, I have no idea what that could be based on but I guess everyone's gotta have an opinion.
The game is huge...FULL of lengthy, well done cutscenes...has three protagonists...lots of stuff to do...

strip clubs
robbing stores
tennis
golf
parachuting
flight school
bicycling
swimming/scuba diving
tattoos
haircuts
car customization
stock market
hookers
taxi/policecar/towtruck/business missions
races (regular/offroad/jetski...etc)
strangers/freaks missions

I don't know how anyone could say that a game with this much stuff, that came out 5 years after the last one and took several hundred MILLION dollars to make was rushed lol.
The game isn't perfect and yes there could be more interiors but you cannot say there isn't a lot to do.  

And if their focus was really all on the online aspect, then I really can't wait.  If GTAV, which I think is a truly AMAZING game, wasn't even the focus, imagine how badass the online aspects really will be.
And who cares?
It's free and the entire game is still at the price of most games.  

It sounds like this was just a thinly veiled attempt at an "I'm disappointed with GTAV" type thread.  

Yawn.

Go play a game that you think is better then.  

Blah blah blah
  • hadrianswall likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

You've all probably noticed how more and more of us start to realize that all the main work and big focus went to GTA ONLINE which not everyone likes.

And this is the TRUTH about GTA V, that it was just made all for the sake of GTA ONLINE, the concept R* had in mind since 2001 but they never put in practice since they never considered any of the previous games to be the right moment to start with the online thing

And now finally they were able to put it out leaving the actual GTA V single player wayy behind. 

A lot of mini games, activities, missions, interiors etc. are believed to be locked away from the single player to be later use in GTA ONLINE

So right from the very begining Rockstar had this in mind, this was the purpose of the big map and evrything it has to offer. In fact, I don't even know why they bothered with the single player since the online aspect seems to be the only thing they always cared about, the cover art might as well say ''GTA ONLINE'' instead of ''GTA V''

In my opinion the single player was rushed, unfinished and it lacks too many things

GTA ONLINE is the real new GTA game wether we like it or not and I personally believe that both should have the same features, maybe not everyone likes playing online and feels like doing so

You can agree or desagree with me, leave it down below...

Yeah, cause 100 hours of gameplay in single player just isn't quite enough. I understand what you're saying, but completely disagree with you. I think R* just wanted to make an unbelievable online element to the game. What game company doesn't? Anyone that says the single player element of a game was "rushed, unfinished and lacks too many things" when there is over 100 hours of gameplay worth of content is a spoiled little kid. Maybe a harsh insult, but seriously.... why are you complaining?!?!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM.

theres was more avaible activites online in 4 than there was in single player. an infinite number of combinations when playing with others

Actual activities are different from playing with other people.

Multiplayer: Could you get a lap dance from strippers? There weren't any! You couldn't team up with friends and kill strippers. Could you get hookers for a gangbang in your car? Noooope. Could you go into the Algonquin Safehouses? Nope, only with a helicopter on one of them. Could you get drunk? Nope. Could you do bowling/arm wrestling or anything else? Nope.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by matsix, 24 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Why does everyone keep saying gta online will have more interiors...? That has not been confirmed at all. The reason

you see some places with interiors on single player that you can't go in is because they were either used for cutscenes or missions.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I do agree that Online does seem like it was the main focus and has more aspects and things to do in it but i disagree that the main story was rushed or not complete. I thought they did a great job with the main story and for it to take me 45 hours to finish with still so many things to do and discover is amazing. Not the mention the replay value. Im in my second playthrough and im seeing differnt diologue and a bunch of new stuff i didnt see in my first play through. I also have no problem with Online being more in depth. Rockstar is looking more towards the futer and have given themselves a foundation to work off of. Online is what keeps games alive for longer and opens up more oppertunities financialy for the company.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I hope, they make a few DLC like they did for IV "TLaD and BoGT" Same map some small updates and finishing touches before moving to the PS4/XBoxOne

Someone said rockstargames won't make again dlc expansions.

Seedy
  • Seedy

pissin in yer kitchen sink.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Opinions are not truths, therefore you can not base truths on them. I personally think this is one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. And it's not because I like rockstar. If this were any other game by any other company, I would still love it. Planes are back, there are huge mountains to explore and wildlife to run over. There's a city and a rural community. There's cops that actually pull other people over and customizable cars.

Doesn't feel rushed to me.

i totally agree here.. I never play single player games becasue i just dont see the point in playing them but I have been playng GTA5 like its an online game already! and loving it! The story is great, the characters are well thought out and have their own defined personalities plus the action is spot on!

Ill be finishing single player story mode no matter how long it takes! BTW I have NEVER in my 30 years of gaming finished a single player game EXCEPT Rock Star Ate My Hamster back in 1989! Which only was completed because it was a pretty short game lol!

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

GTA V has more content and higher production values than any other GTA game so this little theory of yours is retarded to say the least.

Not to mention the fact that locking content exclusively for multiplayer makes no sense since you buy it with GTA V.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

GTAO will never reach it's full potential with 16 player caps, that's almost laughable.

I'm not sure I'll even touch it until the PC version comes,  The aiming mechanics are rage inducing, and will probably be tenfold with 12 random PSN/XBL Kids who are just trying to grief each other.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

i understand where the sp-only people come from, but the only things rockstar have "locked away for multiplayer" are the things that are only really fun in multiplayer anyway. i moaned about no pool, no gambling, no arm wrestling etc, but who wants to do that against bots anyway? even the people complaining about lack of repeatable bank heists need to understand that aside from the scripted bank heists in sp which are very cinematic, a free roam bank heist with helper bots would be the same boring crap over and over. i think people just need to get over the fear of playing online. some of you are acting like rockstar sold us half an sp game then charged extra for an online mode.

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

You are right. We were all excited for GTA V, and they LIED to us. It's just IV with new map. What can you do in freeroam? Drive around map and kill people. There are some side missions like in IV but every nice feature is only for missions or in f*cking online. 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

I thought I was imagining this because everyone kept talking about dlc like it was a sure thing. But I remembered reading a while back that R* stated they would not be doing dlc (or expansions) for single player, but only mp.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Distrom, 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

I hate to admit because enjoyed the game but it seems like cut a lot of content to make room for multiplayer. It seems like the single player originally had more heists. The gaining of experience for crew makes little sense in the game. You don't really use the crew you pick for the next heist. Some of the dialog if you pay attention hinted at heists you cant commit. Also(unless I am missing something) that women Franklin knows who tells that shows up at his house wants to you to save his friend, is missing content. Only other time she was mentioned is a brief phone call at the strip club. Seems like something was missing in between. Who the women is, why Franklin loves her, etc

I noticed something weird after the jewelry store heist, when Franklin and Michael are sitting on the couch watching TV, Davey comes in, and Franklin says, "Hey Davey!" to him, but I don't remember him meeting Dave before then. Anyone else notice that? Felt like I missed something, but I didn't skip any cut scenes.

nvm

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I thought I was imagining this because everyone kept talking about dlc like it was a sure thing. But I remembered reading a while back that R* stated they would not be doing dlc (or expansions) for single player, but only mp.

What? They said that DLC won't be like EFLC

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM.

GTA V has more content and higher production values than any other GTA game so this little theory of yours is retarded to say the least.

And the blind fanboy is here again. Rockstar has to be proud of you son.

billy-dee-williams-clapping.gif

What if I told you that GTA:SA have content that GTA V don't have, as well as GTA IV? That's not talking about the things that are already present in previous games in a better manner.

ChrisDorner
  • ChrisDorner

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

You guys are trippin

Single player in GTA V Has MORE CONTENT THAN ANY GTA GAMES SINGLE PLAYER

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Blah blah blah

Great comeback! 

39721-Robert-Downey-Jr-clapping-gif-ZTtq

You sure showed me...

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

50 hours of play now and i am in 65%.

disagree 100%

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 24 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

You guys are trippin

Single player in GTA V Has MORE CONTENT THAN ANY GTA GAMES SINGLE PLAYER

Read the post above please.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

This forum is pretty ungrateful.

• Gooly likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm not trying to be funny, but what? Are you saying that R* stated they WILL release dlc for single player as well? If so, do you remember where you saw it?

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Blah blah blah

Great comeback! 

39721-Robert-Downey-Jr-clapping-gif-ZTtq

You sure showed me...

Blah

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'm not trying to be funny, but what? Are you saying that R* stated they WILL release dlc for single player as well? If so, do you remember where you saw it?

I think it was in T2 report, but I'm sure they didn't say that DLC will be just for online

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

I think it was in T2 report, but I'm sure they didn't say that DLC will be just for online

http://www.shacknews...c-in-the-future

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

God damnit Rockstar! the game may have more missions overall the gta IV, but why the hell does online have even MORE content?!?! The fact that Online has more content then singleplayer is REALLY sucks, so would you please cut most of the online features so that the mp has about the same amount of content as the sp or less? thanks in advance.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Could you guys stop whining about this crap?

Sure, GTAO probably had a lot of effort put into it, but at no point in the single player did i get the feeling that Rockstar got lazy with the story just for the sake of setting up a good multiplayer experience.

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

50 hours of play now and i am in 65%.

disagree 100%

25 hrs and I'm at 37% so I'm going at about the same pace.

Why rush it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users