Photo

The truth about GTA V

91 replies to this topic
Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 24 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

You've all probably noticed how more and more of us start to realize that all the main work and big focus went to GTA ONLINE which not everyone likes.

And this is the TRUTH about GTA V, that it was just made all for the sake of GTA ONLINE, the concept R* had in mind since 2001 but they never put in practice since they never considered any of the previous games to be the right moment to start with the online thing

And now finally they were able to put it out leaving the actual GTA V single player wayy behind. 

A lot of mini games, activities, missions, interiors etc. are believed to be locked away from the single player to be later use in GTA ONLINE

So right from the very begining Rockstar had this in mind, this was the purpose of the big map and evrything it has to offer. In fact, I don't even know why they bothered with the single player since the online aspect seems to be the only thing they always cared about, the cover art might as well say ''GTA ONLINE'' instead of ''GTA V''

In my opinion the single player was rushed, unfinished and it lacks too many things

GTA ONLINE is the real new GTA game wether we like it or not and I personally believe that both should have the same features, maybe not everyone likes playing online and feels like doing so

You can agree or desagree with me, leave it down below...

EDIT. I just found about GTA ONLINE having micro transactions so there you have your answers ladies and gents, that's why Rockstar wants to force us go play GTA ONLINE instead of the classic single player, IT WILL BRING THEM A LOT MORE MONEY. That's the reason why I hate this, not because I'm an anti-social creep or anything but just because it's a ripp-off

• RyanBurnsRed, Jedibaker91, orangensaft and 3 others like this

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

agreed

SuccessPastaTime
  • SuccessPastaTime

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, I really hate how everything is gravitating towards online gaming now of days... I'm a SP man, and always have problems attempting to play online, just far to many unnecessary variables...

• ONEkingscar likes this

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

this man speaks the truth

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

It doesn't make sense. We will be able to have showers online but not in single player.

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

i agree , it wont be to bad if i find a decent amount of content i can solo online tho .

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Anyone think maybe once online is avalible things that gta v was lacking will also be unlocked for single player?

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

you guys were late when gta 4 came out.

the more progressive players actually competed online which IMHO became the actual meat and potatoes of the game as opposed to 4 years of single player.

theres was more avaible activites online in 4 than there was in single player. an infinite number of combinations when playing with others

the only true reason i can think of someone not wanting to play with others online is a self imposed punishment for not having any social crtieria.

gta-hype
  • gta-hype

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

You've all probably noticed how more and more of us start to realize that all the main work and big focus went to GTA ONLINE which not everyone likes.

And this is the TRUTH about GTA V, that it was just made all for the sake of GTA ONLINE, the concept R* had in mind since 2001 but they never put in practice since they never considered any of the previous games to be the right moment to start with the online thing

And now finally they were able to put it out leaving the actual GTA V single player wayy behind. 

A lot of mini games, activities, missions, interiors etc. are believed to be locked away from the single player to be later use in GTA ONLINE

So right from the very begining Rockstar had this in mind, this was the purpose of the big map and evrything it has to offer. In fact, I don't even know why they bothered with the single player since the online aspect seems to be the only thing they always cared about, the cover art might as well say ''GTA ONLINE'' instead of ''GTA V''

In my opinion the single player was rushed, unfinished and it lacks too many things

GTA ONLINE is the real new GTA game wether we like it or not and I personally believe that both should have the same features, maybe not everyone likes playing online and feels like doing so

You can agree or desagree with me, leave it down below...

I AGREE!! 

As i have told you all before on this forum (and i even did a topic about it, but some how it got deleted) - GTA V was and is a half-finished game!! R* didnt have time to complete it! They couldnt delay the game again for another 6 months, because of the fans!!

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by GTAfan4life12, 24 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

I hate to admit because enjoyed the game but it seems like cut a lot of content to make room for multiplayer. It seems like the single player originally had more heists. The gaining of experience for crew makes little sense in the game. You don't really use the crew you pick for the next heist. Some of the dialog if you pay attention hinted at heists you cant commit. Also(unless I am missing something) that women Franklin knows who tells that shows up at his house wants to you to save his friend, is missing content. Only other time she was mentioned is a brief phone call at the strip club. Seems like something was missing in between. Who the women is, why Franklin loves her, etc

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Anyone think maybe once online is avalible things that gta v was lacking will also be unlocked for single player?

This is what i'm hoping.  

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Of course online is the new focus. Look at games today, one of the best markets to be in gaming right now is the buy to play and free to play markets. Buy to play mostly, because you get the normal buying customers and also the ones who buy stuff in the cash shops.

Gaming is moving to a new age of an online focus whether we want it to or not. I personally find both single player and multiplayer to be great fun and for their own reasons. You will never get that immersion you get in a single player gta as you do multiplayer. And if they stop making single player gta games it will really hurt the series.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

I have to agree 

SuccessPastaTime
  • SuccessPastaTime

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

I hate to admit because enjoyed the game but it seems like cut a lot of content to make room for multiplayer. It seems like the single player originally had more heists. The gaining of experience for crew makes little sense in the game. You don't really use the crew you pick for the next heist. Some of the dialog if you pay attention hinted at heists you cant commit. Also(unless I am missing something) that women Franklin knows who tells that shows up at his house wants to you to save his friend, is missing content. Only other time she was mentioned is a brief phone call at the strip club. Seems like something was missing in between. Who the women is, why Franklin loves her, etc

I noticed something weird after the jewelry store heist, when Franklin and Michael are sitting on the couch watching TV, Davey comes in, and Franklin says, "Hey Davey!" to him, but I don't remember him meeting Dave before then. Anyone else notice that? Felt like I missed something, but I didn't skip any cut scenes.

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

I noticed something weird after the jewelry store heist, when Franklin and Michael are sitting on the couch watching TV, Davey comes in, and Franklin says, "Hey Davey!" to him, but I don't remember him meeting Dave before then. Anyone else notice that? Felt like I missed something, but I didn't skip any cut scenes.

Yup no doubt the game is rush and half finish.  So many parts of the map is not even part of the mission.  They have an awesome prison (the best in any GTA games) yet there are no mission for it?  

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I highly doubt it.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

GTA V has more content and higher production values than any other GTA game so this little theory of yours is retarded to say the least.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Whether or not this is the case they still made one hell of a single player.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Opinions are not truths, therefore you can not base truths on them. I personally think this is one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. And it's not because I like rockstar. If this were any other game by any other company, I would still love it. Planes are back, there are huge mountains to explore and wildlife to run over. There's a city and a rural community. There's cops that actually pull other people over and customizable cars.

Doesn't feel rushed to me.

• Seedy and Ghostdogg866 like this

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I agree but its not that I won't enjoy online I just think that whatever is in mind for online should be available in sp too

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I hadn't thought about it like that. There's still plenty to do in single player.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I must be playing a different game because so far I'm only 34% into GTA V after 20 hours of gameplay. Maybe stop rushing next time.

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yup no doubt the game is rush and half finish.  So many parts of the map is not even part of the mission.  They have an awesome prison (the best in any GTA games) yet there are no mission for it?  

This

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by ludi911, 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

i disagree with you. If that will be a case here you will get standard GTA formula , GTA V have 3 playable characters and this is revolution, also story is very cool

i it is just that we all expected a little too much , GTA Online will be also a disappointment for many people .

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Of course the game is half finished that's why they made 1 billion in 3 days... SP player is fine you guys rush through the story mode and than wonder why the game is so short making it feel like it was rushed... I'm 30 hours in and just reached 50%... 

It might be true though that they focused a bit more on Multiplayer than on Single Player since there's stuff that seems to be exclusively on MP but hey as sadly as it sounds, it's the future, GTA is not the first game to focus on MP... although I'm not really against that since Multiplayer can last months and months of fun while single player get's old pretty quick but yeah some games should just remain single player...

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

It is what i was expecting from the beginning, that the Online-portion would be the Meat and Potatoes of the Game, and i am very much looking forward to creating my own character as well as trying out the Content Creator :)

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm ready for online. My only complaint for the SP is that it feels so short. I feel like I've been taking my time, and I'm already 50% through the game. 

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

There's just no pleasing some people. This GTA is the most jam-packed GTA to date and when GTA Online becomes available it'll be the only game many people play for a long time. GTA IV's multiplayer is what kept it afloat for so long so it's only natural that GTA V utilize it's full potential as the multiplayer experience many of us have dreamed about since GTA III was first released.

Chao
  • Chao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

That's true, but as it is, it's still pretty good single player.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

the only true reason i can think of someone not wanting to play with others online is a self imposed punishment for not having any social crtieria.

Not entirely true. I like to play online as much as the next guy. But, there are a lot days I don't like running around with a bunch of others (especially kids!) acting like fools and saying a bunch of dumb sh*t. I could understand why some people don't like to play online. 

But GTA  has always been a SP game with great solid story lines. But today, that were all the money is; Multiplayer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users