Photo

Engine Tuning 4 vs Turbo?

23 replies to this topic
OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

So I was modding my Comet, and I upgraded the engine to level 4, which maxed out the acceleration. Is there any need to add turbo tuning now? Or would it be pointless since it's maxed out?

Also, how come neither of this things or seemingly any car upgrade makes your "top speed" higher?

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Anyone?

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Doesnt the engine make it faster?

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

is there any vehicle which actually has decent breaks?

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by OhHeyBro, 24 September 2013 - 05:35 PM.

is there any vehicle which actually has decent breaks?

Franklin's default car? At least my modded version of it seems to have them.

Hristov1984
  • Hristov1984

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Perhaps the turbo sound?

SuarezEvra
  • SuarezEvra

GTA Veteran, Playing since GTA 1

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Id like to know this too, i do both cos i think it feels faster, plus the turbo sound lol,,
Top speed is strange tho ini

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Wish we could also increase "Top speed"

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Lanzfeld113, 15 October 2013 - 04:26 PM.

This is a good question.

After I added a turbo my accel is maxed (at least maxed in the strange bars).  Do I still bother with engine upgrades? I mean, is it going beyond the max even though we cant see it?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm pretty sure the acceleration goes beyond max if you add a turbo, even if it dosen't you will have a nice sound  :^:

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by Lanzfeld113, 15 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

I wonder if anyone has done some testing?

Max engine upgrade with turbo vs. max engine upgrade without turbo.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm pretty sure the acceleration goes beyond max if you add a turbo, even if it dosen't you will have a nice sound  :^:

This could quite easily be tested out. Take two equally upgraded cars with both already at "max" accel. One with turbo, one without. Take any mp race with a straight as a start, both hold down the acceleration at max at the start. See if there's any difference between them in terms of acceleration. Quite curious myself.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

What you really need is someone who can mod the game to add a working speedometer, and test out at each level. I'd also like to know how transmission is really affecting acceleration between shifts as well as how much difference the brake upgrades are affecting stopping distance. I can definitely say that there must be a profound effect because when I first saw and drove Trevor's truck I thought, "Fitting or not, there's no way I'm driving around this slow piece of crap." Now, fully upgraded and fully armored? The thing feels like I'm driving a sports car that's built like a tank! :)

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yes it is a bit faster even if its already maxed out

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

You have to realize the upgrades aren't of simulation type.

Upgrading the acceleration does not simply increase take off. It increases across all gears up to top speed.

Also the top speed is fixed for all cars. The increased accel allows you to obtain top speed faster and keep the RPMs up. Transmission just makes it less likely to suffer from the infernal over rev. Nanananana, then shift, is hilarious. Lol.

Also their is a speedo, check your stats to see your fastest speed in a vehicle.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't think it does make the car accelerate any faster if you add upgrades after the acceleration bar is already full.

The brakes don't really decrease stopping distance but they do get rid of brake fade (the game tells you this in one of those little info bubbles that pops up once and a while). So you can brake hard in quick succession and your stopping distance won't increase from brake fade.

Car customizing is amazingly half assed at the moment. It would be nice to have it redone at some point. Be able to change top speed and traction, have armor slow you down the thicker it gets, lift trucks and cars instead of just lowering them, be able to customize the cool vehicles like Semis or bulldozers, They have so much potential to make it amazing. Hopefully they will.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Also their is a speedo, check your stats to see your fastest speed in a vehicle.

I'm aware of the speed tracking stat although it it would be a little more difficult, time consuming, and less accurate to test your top speed at each stage. What I meant is an on screen speedometer. Something simple, like when some games allow you to display the FPS onscreen.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm aware of the speed tracking stat although it it would be a little more difficult, time consuming, and less accurate to test your top speed at each stage. What I meant is an on screen speedometer. Something simple, like when some games allow you to display the FPS onscreen.

Funny thing is, top speed is 130 with any car, even the Adder. You can only get cars above the 130 mph limit by using Franklin's special ability, but for Michael and Trevor, their top speed is 130. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by AlexL, 15 October 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Funny thing is, top speed is 130 with any car, even the Adder. You can only get cars above the 130 mph limit by using Franklin's special ability, but for Michael and Trevor, their top speed is 130. 

I think that it should increase your top speed too when you do engine upgrades, it's kinda weird that it dosen't.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I think that it should increase your top speed too when you do engine upgrates, it's kinda weird that it dosen't.

I have a fully upgraded Adder on Michael and I tried to see what my top speed would be, so I hit the highway. I was on the highest gear (I think 6th) and my RPM was maxed, it couldn't go any faster. I checked my stats and it said: top speed - 130.8 (or something along the lines of that). 

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

while maybe not an answer to a question here but some info, I have noticed damage affects top speed and acceleration, as I have seen them change even just some minor side damage.

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I have done some testing that might be of interest to you, the best three upgrades are turbo, engine and brakes. Armour has actually decreased the handling, less grip on the tires and more squealing. Aero lets you carry more speed through corners without losing the back end. So handling upgrades do actually make a difference. Gaming stats are never accurate, even with the hardcore games such as forza. If you look at the stats just before a race there not maxed out in that class, there just a rough guideline.

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

It will make it faster.

Never trust in game bars on stats.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 PM