Things that annoy you the most in GTAV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

The reason why I´m opening another thread on that topic is as simple as it sounds.

I saw a LOT of different topics on the forums so far and just wanted to collect your impressions of the game respectively your critics.

What does annoy you about GTAV and why?

I´ve got quite a bunch of things that p*ssed me off... most of them I got used to in the long run but let me just start off here.

1 - When competing in a thriatlon and accidently hitting the "Right D-Pad" Button... it instantly quits and you lose all your progress. It sounds like a minor thing to you... but that final thriatlon can take up to 30 minutos of continuous Button-Smashing and it is kind of a let down that by only accidently getting in touch with that one button it will quit without even double-checking (like - "Do you really wish to abort? All Progress will be lost" or whatsoever)

2 - There are some Vehicles in the game that you are only allowed to drive in certain Missions although they seem fully functional and all.

3 - The Garage bug - Enough said I guess

4 - There is no way for you to buy new Houses in Singleplayer and I´m kind of confused why that is the case?

5 - No heists whatsoever besides the Main-Story heists? Okay... well.. whatever Rockstar. You know what you´re doing there.

And last but not least the lack of Vigilante Missions.

So how do you feel about it?

PumpuliKivi
  • PumpuliKivi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Framerate drops is the only thing that annoys me. And thats is quite a minor thing and cannot be fixed, so whatever.

( i got the PS Store version) 

Other than that, purrfekt. 

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

The thing that annoys me the most about GTA V is the inconsistencies in gameplay, for example, I cannot wear certain clothing items with others, Police AI seem to appear instantaneously after switching camera angles, You will see the same cars spawning in a district with the same colors and only being literally two types. Clipping issues while swimming, getting stuck in boats, bad collision on item pickups on bottom of the sea.

As much as I admire how much the games graphics have improved and the storyline is pretty good, the more I play, I start to realize some of the flaws that really stand out and it does bug me a bit.

• LSean likes this

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

1 - vehicles dissapearing, spending a lot of time to make the money to buy and modify a car, only for it to be lost forever and my time wasted.

2 - the f*cking controls, God help me, PC version can't come soon enough,  the driving is fine, but the shooting is absolutley rage inducing.

• OzyALPHA likes this

Hungrypiemonger
  • Hungrypiemonger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

1. there are no useable fast food stores. why take out something players enjoyed. you could even go in

and rob them for cash.

2. having no way to use an ifruit app since i dont have an ipad or smartphone. why can't this be a pc app?

right, you have no excuse.

3. garage glitch

4. why can only franklin buy a customs shop for vehicle mods?

5. no vigilante/ambulance missions

6. special meter stuck at just under 3 bars. doing exactly what it says to gain more skill in it does not raise it any only refills it until you use it again.

there are more i am just not in the mood for more anger induction.

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by purplebunny, 24 September 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Apart from all the game-breaking and graphical glitches, not being able to store modified vehicles is possibly the worst. The poster above made a good list, this game feels rushed.

EDIT: Imagine what could have been if they didn't have to focus on GTA:O, sigh.

goofysidekick
  • goofysidekick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Heli controls suck. It seem impossible to land that thing. It's strange, since it was a big improvement on plane controls from previous games.

Heisenberg27
  • Heisenberg27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

My personal biggest issues right now:
1. Not able to rob banks outside of story, which even then you really don't get much from them and there's only like 2 that you really make money from. You can rob gas stations which is cool but you only get about 400-800 dollars, although I only do those for fun.
2. Franklin is the only one that can buy Los Santos Customs and it's only one location in Blaine County. Why not all locations?
3. No Burger Shots/Cluckin Bells/Restaurants/Hot Dog Stands/ whatsoever. Why were those removed? They added to the realism and it was nice to have somewhere to get health from aside from soda machines. I realize they have hot dog stands but you can't even buy hot dogs.
4. Lack of things to do with friends. All you have to pick from is drinking, strip club, or movie. Which are cool sure, but why can't we go play golf or tennis with them? Or races or mountain biking or hiking? These all would've been fun activities. And why can't you hang out with all 3 characters? Only 2 at a time.
5. For some reason my game doesn't have a variety in cars AT ALL. Let me make this clear, I've been playing GTA since GTA3 so I understand the car spawning system and sometimes a lot of the same cars spawn together and it depends on where you are. But I literally mean like 3 or 4 different cars spawn throughout the ENTIRE MAP. It's the same cars everywhere. There are more than 4 or 5 different cars that I know are in the game and I haven't seen them more than once or twice and I've had the game since the midnight release. Why does this happen? It makes the game so boring when I can never find any cool cars or different ones.
6. The cars I save in Franklins home garage disappear quite often and it's insanely annoying. I have a full garage with 4 cars already but I don't use those cars too often since they usually disappear after a mission and they're all cars I rarely ever see.
  • OzyALPHA likes this

kylerfox10
  • kylerfox10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

You can have all 3 at once, before you pick up the first call the other, its how you get the

Spoiler

kylerfox10
  • kylerfox10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Also I hate how theres only 1 strip club, also I played golf with Frank and Mike once

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Nothing

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

You lose health WAY too easily by gunshots.

• Spacemod likes this

uber_mike
  • uber_mike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by uber_mike, 26 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Taking a boat trailer to the lake, launching the boat, boat around for 30 seconds and come back to the launch see my truck and trailer disappeared.

Stop a car I want, rotate the camera the other way, and come back, car disappeared.

Seriously. The garage thing is bullsh*t, but cars that are ~50 feet away from me should not disappear so easily. I've actually watched a semi trailer disappear (like vaporize in view) from across the street while getting in a car to load onto the trailer.

The only thing I really bitch about on a constant basis. There should be a ticket for that sh*t.

Other annoyances are the jaggies (I've learned to look past them) and the audio dynamic range. Not many here will understand what I mean by that, but every goddamn sound is the same volume. There is no difference in volume between noises that should be quiet and should be loud. I cannot play the game using a headset because the sound just isn't right to me. It's ok though, I just use my sh*tty TV speakers, they work better with the sh*tty audio.

I agree with purplebunny, it just seems rushed. Possibly a result of too many hands in the kitchen?

sh*t I don't know. I still love the game, but it can be very frustrating.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Codra9, 26 September 2013 - 04:31 AM.

helicopter flying. and 1st person driving.

flying the helicopter is so weird now. like yea turbulence idea is cool. but auto correction sucks, its hard as sh*t to get good at smoking anything with buzzard's miniguns. almost like they made the game for kids to play. also anyone figure out if the p99 lazer has flares yets?

also i cant seem to save stolen aircraft. i guess when the helipad/hangar said save "ANY" aircraft you park here. they meant only ones u get from missions or buy with money

then 1st person driving look behind button. literally looks into the windshield to let you watch the character look in the rearview, its retarded

also business interactions. so far the only good one is the first airfield that trevor gets with a steady supply of missions, are there any others like this? 

i think its one of the worst gta's yet, each of the previous ones expanded on the idea's. this one i dont even know. scrapped together and labeled "GTA". they say its the best most detailed openworld sandbox ever. they're full of sh*t

OzyALPHA
  • OzyALPHA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by OzyALPHA, 26 September 2013 - 05:32 AM.

There is only one thing.

The garage system.

PLEASE NOTE : NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GLITCH.

Even if your garage saves your car and doesn't glitch out, whats the point?? You can only leave it in there to look at. 

If you spend money on a car... say you buy it online then customize and then save it in your garage. Then you want to drive this car and it gets destroyed/ lost. WHAT'S THE POINT? 

Cars that you save in your garage should spawn back there when taken out!!

Here is a video that shows what I mean.

I haven't seen anyone else that is bugged by this. I'm hoping that Online is better and you can actually SAVE a car that you spend your money on.

This has been making me rage from day one.

Anyone else??

Steeleimaging
  • Steeleimaging

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

1. I want the cars I buy and mod the. Put in the garage to always be there.

2. I want the income from property investments to actually show up.

3 it would be nice to have the stock market work.

4. Home many police helicopters do the police have? Lol. If I shoot down 15 of them can I please get a break. :)

5. Please let me soup up the dune buggy. Please please please.

6. It would be nice to have function in the gas stations and shops so you could go in and rob them. Something. Anything. Just driving around and mugging people is fun for the game but eventually.... Well, enough said.

7. Cars. Please. Why don't the varieties on the road change? I don't see a very good variation now that I have completed the mission.

8. I would like a little chance sneaking on to the military base. I was able to parachute in and steal a jet, but there really is no point to this area after you complete the story.

9. Helicopters on hospitals don't show up anymore. Why? I like to joy ride them.

10. I would like to ride the train. Hell, I'd like to hijack the train.

Steeleimaging
  • Steeleimaging

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Sorry about the typos above. Doing this from the iPhone.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Vehicles with incorrect drivetrains.

Examples:

Rusted RV is FWD and should be RWD because it's a big RV van.

Vapid Sandking is RWD only despite it being a big offroad 4x4

Picador is 4WD even though it's just a muscle car. This makes it a better offroader than the Sandking.  :blink:

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

I dont give a sh*t about any of that, that game is still not finished!

250 plus million developing a game and still the joystiks deadzones going on,,,, free  aiming, driving, flying feels exactly like sh*t,

its almost using a keyboard or one of thoes crappy controllers with a huge deadzone.

Really!!!!!

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

One more amazing thing, your cars always get stolen, i dont use a garage any more i just go straight to the impound.

thequeenscheese
  • thequeenscheese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

always get dressed in the rubbish clothes when not playing the character - not ones bought from the shops, bought/stored cars dont respawn in garage if destroyed or lost, can take too long to get up after being hurt ie run over / big fall while being in middle of a shootout.

greenthumbzup
  • greenthumbzup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by greenthumbzup, 27 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

1: Garage bug.. nuff said

2: Closed buildings like Burger shot etc. The World doesnt feel really alive with all these closed buildings imo.. 

3: You die way to quick.

4: Franklin with his.. I'm trying to get out of the game nonsense. In the beginning of the game you really felt like playing with a G. But after he gets the big house in Vinewood his missions become boring. I expected him to be a thug with lots of missions againts the Ballas, Vagos etc.. Also, Lamar seems like the only friend he's got, where is and who are the rest of his crew?

5: Doing missions without getting rewarded.. I mean srsly, wtf

6: Wildlife.. Where are the bears and wolves? 

7: I wanted a giant shark, a giant octopus or a goddamn seamonster not some carcass laying on the bottom of the ocean

8: Mountains,mountains,mountains,mountains...

9: Mountains....

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

1. Not able to rob banks outside of story, which even then you really don't get much from them and there's only like 2 that you really make money from. You can rob gas stations which is cool but you only get about 400-800 dollars, although I only do those for fun.
2. Franklin is the only one that can buy Los Santos Customs and it's only one location in Blaine County. Why not all locations?
3. No Burger Shots/Cluckin Bells/Restaurants/Hot Dog Stands/ whatsoever. Why were those removed? They added to the realism and it was nice to have somewhere to get health from aside from soda machines. I realize they have hot dog stands but you can't even buy hot dogs.
4. Lack of things to do with friends. All you have to pick from is drinking, strip club, or movie. Which are cool sure, but why can't we go play golf or tennis with them? Or races or mountain biking or hiking? These all would've been fun activities. And why can't you hang out with all 3 characters? Only 2 at a time.
5. For some reason my game doesn't have a variety in cars AT ALL. Let me make this clear, I've been playing GTA since GTA3 so I understand the car spawning system and sometimes a lot of the same cars spawn together and it depends on where you are. But I literally mean like 3 or 4 different cars spawn throughout the ENTIRE MAP. It's the same cars everywhere. There are more than 4 or 5 different cars that I know are in the game and I haven't seen them more than once or twice and I've had the game since the midnight release. Why does this happen? It makes the game so boring when I can never find any cool cars or different ones.
6. The cars I save in Franklins home garage disappear quite often and it's insanely annoying. I have a full garage with 4 cars already but I don't use those cars too often since they usually disappear after a mission and they're all cars I rarely ever see.

4. You can golf and tennis with your friends, and you can bring all 3 together, just call one then the other, one of them says eh' i'm going to hang out with mike, you wanna come?

Simple as that.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

The game has a serious case of amnesia - your car disappears if you walk even a short way away from it, it's has the smallest 'bubble of rememberance' in any open world game I've ever played, it's freaking annoying, which is why I only steal cars and haven't bothered to buy & customise a car as I know it'll just disappear too quickly, wasting my time & game money.

Helicopters fly like sh*t.

Doesn't have true 5.1 audio output, I have to set my XBox to stereo output and get my receiver to use Pro-Logic II on it to get anything out of the center speaker.

5omedude
  • 5omedude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have all of the complaints as already listed here, dying too quickly, special skill never increases, helicopter flying sucks, etc.

Steeleimaging made a good point, even if the garage did save cars, what's the point in modding them when you lose it as soon as it's destroyed anyway?

Also, the stupid property missions, they always pop up when I'm on the other side of the island and I have yet to make it to where I'm supposed to get to (not even close) and then you lose the weekly income from that property. It's hard enough to make money anyway and now it's pretty much impossible with these stupid missions.

The heists...like someone else said, you only make money on a couple and then once the story is over, that's it?! All this info popping up about picking crew and there skills upgrading with usage, for what? It's completely pointless.

I think my biggest complaint right now is the lack of money and the fact that there are only a handful of vehicles that spawn anywhere on the map.

Gaghet
  • Gaghet

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Tons of cars that not riding the streets. I'm talking about Bullet, Sultan, Phoenix and many more (like 20 cars). There are only old Bullets, Stratums and Mananas on streets for me.

Garage glitch - enough said before me.

No enterable food stores. Also hotdog stands are unusable now (WHY?).

I am pretty lucky that i don't have issues with gameplay or whatsoever.

I hope that all this crap will be patched in future, but who knows... At least they need to patch garage glitch and car spawning on streets.

Xbox 360.

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Saint_Dyn, 01 October 2013 - 08:42 PM.

1. No point in buying silencers... you could kill someone in the middle of no where with no one around with a silencer and you still obtain a 1 star wanted level.

2 Game hints at buying new houses but never lets you - 

Spoiler

3. Can't have fun in the game because you will need to hide from the cops no matter what you do

4. When you turn the radio off it sometimes starts playing backdrop music... When I turn the radio off thought it would mean no music at all. 

Spoiler

6. You can find free Bugatti's on the side of the road.... makes them worthless...

7. Only 2 different gun camo's...

8. Body armor goes away in like 3 seconds when in a gun fight. 

9. All the boats seem slow

10. Helicopters are a pain to fly

11. Not many fun planes/jets other than the laser which you have to steal...

12. Fort Zancudo (Nuff said)

13. Only part of the map that entertains me is the city, everything else is boring... Its like a long road trip...

14. To many mountains. 

15. Underwater is foggy as sh*t (we all know no one likes going somewhere where they can't see 5 feet front of them. 

16. Can go inside like 1% of the buildings in this game. 

17. The Blimp

18. No boost

19. No point in buying cars because if you get out of them or blow them up... well there's 1,000,000 down the drain. 

20. Helicopters and boats that you buy can't be any other color than Black...

21. Lamar

22. Michael and Trevor's constant fighting.

23. 90% of the cars in this game are crap and no one wants to drive them... 

24. To much money at the end of the game.

25. Each radio station only has like 5 maybe 6 or 7 songs... 

26. Can drive and smash right through metal light poles, but wooden electrical poles are invincible.

27. Frank's SA that lets you take 90 degree turns at 200mph 

28. Motorcycles are to easy to die on...

29. Cops are able to find you again even if you get in another car, when you pass them they will some how know you are in the car that no one saw you getting into

30. Cops in general

Edit:

31. Character customization is crap online

32. They earned 1 Billion dollars in 3 days, yet 2 weeks later on the day they said Online would release... it doesn't work.

Spoiler

34. Sometimes your character won't put a seat belt on causing you to fly out of your wind shield and die...

35. You can get a 1 star wanted level for looking at a cop.

36. You can get a 2 star wanted level if a cop hits your car even if it was his fault.

• Concorde2010 and UltraGizmo64 like this

Niekdesen
  • Niekdesen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Your number four is garbage dude. You can play tennis and golf with your friends. and you can hang out with 3 friends, there's even an achievement based on this.

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

1. No point in buying silencers... you could kill someone in the middle of no where with no one around with a silencer and you still obtain a 1 star wanted level.

2 Game hints at buying new houses but never lets you - 

Spoiler

3. Can't have fun in the game because you will need to hide from the cops no matter what you do

4. When you turn the radio off it sometimes starts playing backdrop music... When I turn the radio off thought it would mean no music at all. 

Spoiler

6. You can find free Bugatti's on the side of the road.... makes them worthless...

7. Only 2 different gun camo's...

8. Body armor goes away in like 3 seconds when in a gun fight. 

9. All the boats seem slow

10. Helicopters are a pain to fly

11. Not many fun planes/jets other than the laser which you have to steal...

12. Fort Zancudo (Nuff said)

13. Only part of the map that entertains me is the city, everything else is boring... Its like a long road trip...

14. To many mountains. 

15. Underwater is foggy as sh*t (we all know no one likes going somewhere where they can't see 5 feet front of them. 

16. Can go inside like 1% of the buildings in this game. 

17. The Blimp

18. No boost

19. No point in buying cars because if you get out of them or blow them up... well there's 1,000,000 down the drain. 

20. Helicopters and boats that you buy can't be any other color than Black...

21. Lamar

22. Michael and Trevor's constant fighting.

23. 90% of the cars in this game are crap and no one wants to drive them... 

24. To much money at the end of the game.

25. Each radio station only has like 5 maybe 6 or 7 songs... 

26. Can drive and smash right through metal light poles, but wooden electrical poles are invincible.

27. Frank's SA that lets you take 90 degree turns at 200mph 

28. Motorcycles are to easy to die on...

29. Cops are able to find you again even if you get in another car, when you pass them they will some how know you are in the car that no one saw you getting into

30. Cops in general

I´m signing this 100%

Thanks for your precision post right there!

Couldn´t have listed things up any better than you did.

bearandlily
  • bearandlily

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Terrain textures in places are REALLY bad.  They might be glitching out though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users