Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best GTA Protagonist

115 replies to this topic

Poll: Best GTA Protagonist (405 member(s) have cast votes)

Best GTA Protagonist

1. Claude Speed (10 votes [2.47%])

Percentage of vote: 2.47%

2. Tommy Vercetti (65 votes [16.05%])

Percentage of vote: 16.05%

3. Carl "CJ" Johnson (42 votes [10.37%])

Percentage of vote: 10.37%

4. Toni Cipriani (3 votes [0.74%])

Percentage of vote: 0.74%

5. Victor Vance (1 votes [0.25%])

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

6. Niko Bellic (110 votes [27.16%])

Percentage of vote: 27.16%

7. Johnny Klebitz (9 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

8. Luis Fernando Lopez (8 votes [1.98%])

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

9. Michael De Santa (56 votes [13.83%])

Percentage of vote: 13.83%

10. Franklin Clinton (16 votes [3.95%])

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

11. Trevor Phillips (85 votes [20.99%])

Percentage of vote: 20.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

The fact that Franklin has such little votes has actually restored some of my faith in this forum. I think the praise his character gets is due to him not being some cliche gang-banger trope. Having aspirations of wanting to get out da hood don't make up for the fact that he's an underdeveloped character with a boring personality. 

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by Ola441, 26 October 2013 - 10:22 AM.

The fact that Franklin has such little votes has actually restored some of my faith in this forum. I think the praise his character gets is due to him not being some cliche gang-banger trope. Having aspirations of wanting to get out da hood don't make up for the fact that he's an underdeveloped character with a boring personality.

I actually read your post and I agree.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Cannot believe so many think Trevor is the best protagonist. In my opinion he was just a dumb psychopath with an unlikable attitude -- to me -- that really should've just been a character in the game, not a main character. I would've preferred a smarter guy in his place but oh well, people like him.

My favorite protagonist has to be Niko Bellic because he just was easier to connect to. I loved the story of IV and still love it today, I could replay it over and over. Niko was just a very detailed character. He wasn't "whiney" in my opinion nor "boring". I guess anything dark is considered boring. Had no idea so many people thought vibrancy=exciting.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Franklin is nice but i don't vote for him because he's a play on Carl CJ Johnson. Also Tommy, is good but he's just a parody of Toni Montana.
My vote goes for CJ, while i want to say Trevor but CJ had a very deeper character than Trevor.

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I find Trevor to be overrated. Maybe I would've liked him more if I was 13, but as a character Niko Bellic easily shines over the other protagonists. He's the only  protag to be significantly original.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Trevor for me. He's the most unique and he seems like The Joker of the GTA series. It was a lot of fun watching him doing some crazy things. He is smart crazy, which is the worst kind, could be very funny, and he could be disturbing. He would be an awesome bad guy.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Cannot believe so many think Trevor is the best protagonist. In my opinion he was just a dumb psychopath with an unlikable attitude -- to me -- that really should've just been a character in the game, not a main character. I would've preferred a smarter guy in his place but oh well, people like him.

My favorite protagonist has to be Niko Bellic because he just was easier to connect to. I loved the story of IV and still love it today, I could replay it over and over. Niko was just a very detailed character. He wasn't "whiney" in my opinion nor "boring". I guess anything dark is considered boring. Had no idea so many people thought vibrancy=exciting.

Niko's not really whiny. He sees things for what they really are. Honestly he's the only protagonist that feels real IMO.

Unlike the others he was in a unique situation being an immigrant having never been to the USA before. Just trying to find his place whilst dealing with the sh*t he and Roman found themselves in made him feel like the underdog.

Niko's just fantastic and I can't stress that enough. I'd be devasted if he ever got the Johnny treatment.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I haven't played GTA V but I really like Trevor because he stands out from other GTA protagonists. Being a diehard VC fan though my favorite would be Tommy Vercetti of course, he was ruthless but loyal. Clever and cunning and wasn't really whiny in any way.

Niko was good too, Niko is a close second for me.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Carl Johnson

MisasKira
  • MisasKira

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by MisasKira, 28 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

I agree with StingrayX and SonOfLiberty. Niko was fantastic. If I had to rank all of the protagonists, then

Niko > Tommy > Toni > CJ > Claude > Johnny > Vic > Michael > Luis > Franklin > Trevor. If I was including 2D characters like Mike and Huang they'd be near the end as well.

TPenterprise
  • TPenterprise

***Leader - WMCC *** ***Lieutenant - SURF***

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

There's nothing "cool" or "awesome" about Niko, but I think his story was the most in-depth and he was an interesting character. If you want to go the "cool" route, I'd say CJ. I think Franklin is one of the worst characters in GTA

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's very hard to choose between those characters. I mean, everyone has it's own way and unique thing. My vote goes for Tommy Vercetti, Vice City rules. 

• _StackS_ and MrPeteyMax like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

My vote goes to Niko. He's simply the most in depth character from the series, and Rockstar games in general (with the exception of John Marston).

I fail to see how anyone can like Franklin really. He seemed promising during the pre-release, but in game he simply seems like an emotionless shell; no character development or overwhelming personality.

Niko > Michael > Tommy > Trevor > Johnny > Vic > Claude > Toni (as a protag, he was an amazing character in III) > CJ > Luis > Franklin

I just wish that Rockstar could pull off a good non-white protagonist. Vic was decent, but CJ, Luis and Franklin all seemed so poorly written.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

My vote goes to Niko. He's simply the most in depth character from the series, and Rockstar games in general (with the exception of John Marston).

I fail to see how anyone can like Franklin really. He seemed promising during the pre-release, but in game he simply seems like an emotionless shell; no character development or overwhelming personality.

Niko > Michael > Tommy > Trevor > Johnny > Vic > Claude > Toni (as a protag, he was an amazing character in III) > CJ > Luis > Franklin

I just wish that Rockstar could pull off a good non-white protagonist. Vic was decent, but CJ, Luis and Franklin all seemed so poorly written.

I really didn't mind Franklin. I think he would be more liked if he wasn't the shadow to Michael and Trevor all the time.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

If I'd answer this in fanboy nostalgia mode, I'd tell you Tommy. But in reality, it is Trevor. And I'm not one that likes things just because they are new. He really is the most intriguing main character. Franklin is by far the worst in the series with Vic Vance right behind him. Both extremely dull and Vic is very "please I dont wanna do this" kinda guy which is a total turnoff in GTA.

I voted Trevor.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

It's embarrassing Trevor's so high...

The least coherent, well-written, or consistent... Yet the most beloved for a few one-liners and shooting rednecks while in his underwear.

This game seems to have an excellent demographic.

I'm a cynical prick if you haven't noticed.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

GTA V is still fresh, everyone is still impressed with the new characters, thats why they are getting the most votes. give the hype some time to die and the poll wouldnt be the way it is now. not saying that the V protagonists are bad though.

Personally, Johnny > Niko > Trevor.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

TPenterprise, on 30 Oct 2013 - 4:10 PM, said:

There's nothing "cool" or "awesome" about Niko, but I think his story was the most in-depth and he was an interesting character. If you want to go the "cool" route, I'd say CJ. I think Franklin is one of the worst characters in GTA

Lol CJ cool but Franklin is worse, gtfo .

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Drunken Cowboy, on 10 Nov 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

It's embarrassing Trevor's so high...

The least coherent, well-written, or consistent... Yet the most beloved for a few one-liners and shooting rednecks while in his underwear.

This game seems to have an excellent demographic.

I'm a cynical prick if you haven't noticed.

How about you learn to take different opinions seriously tough guy ?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

this poll clearly shows people love Niko and Trevor the most

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Niko Bellic for me, best protagonist ever in my opinion.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Niko Bellic and CJ.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

has to be Niko and after him Michael

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Going by what I've played so far:

Trevor

Niko

Tommy

Michael

Franklin

Johnny

CJ

Claude (it's hard to rank him since I've only played a few missions of III)

Luis

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

My GTA;O character  > Everyone else.

StairFax
  • StairFax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

For me personally its Tommy Vercetti Or Niko Bellic. I felt Tommy was really bad ass Despite the No swimming (which was a game mechanic, has nothing to do with his character). As For Niko he was also very Badass and He felt more like a real person to me then the others.

hacel bellic
  • hacel bellic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

niko bellic is the best

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by thesmileys, 15 December 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Despite Johnny K not being perfect he's my favorite, he showed alot of emotion and loyalty to his brothers in the 22 mission storyline, his laid-back, relaxed way of dealing with problems was epic, he was a complete badass that killed all the cops in a penitentiary and had a unique storyline as a biker. Sadly, R* f*cked up with the introduction of TP which has to be the worst protag in GTA history.

Lost but not forgotten.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Good to see the majority have taste.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

My top 5 starting from the best goes like this

1: Tommy vercetti. He is the most bad ass and loved his story. He didn't give a f*ck. If he wanted it he took it by any means possible. And to those saying he's a rip off of tony Montana then you clearly never watched scarface cuz Toby was a Cuban immigrant trying to get used America life. Tommy on the other hand was a n already established Italian mobster who served to e for murdering a group of people. You could say there are similarities but to say a rip off is just ignorant.

2 Johnny Klebitz: while his story was short it capatured personal feeling with his trouble between the bikers and staying loyal and with his crackhead girl who he knew all along wouldn't work but tried to be a good guy and give her chances.

3 Vic Vance: extremly underrated. Flat out. Loved the characterand I liked his motives but all the while telling himself he's not that kind of guy he got lost on his own morals and became what he said he wouldn't just trying to help his family

4 Michael Dr Santa: I liked the whole family thing to the story that actualy played a nice part of his background. It made him more interesting than the others. I liked that he had already done crime but couldn't help himself fro. Wanting to get back in it

5 Carl Johnson: while some either loved or hated it I just liked him. He bothered me that Catalina bitches him down but I lived hos adventure through an Andreas. Seem like one of those movies in the epic genre that span over time and go all over the place.

Agree or disagree with my top 5?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users