• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

NOTHING!

...that is all.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 03:52 PM.

I try to enjoy it, I really do, and I can in bursts... But there's just no freedom in this game, or at least nowhere near what I'm used to.  They also "overlooked" and left out a ton of basic stuff, which I'm sure will be available for purchase if I just sign up and login, right? Oh no, nothing slimey about that.

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equiped

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible unrealistic car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 3 crashes on a bicycle and you're dead.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- Police spawn out of nowhere, right in your area, no matter how stealthy or remote you try to be

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

I understand the online will be AMAZING once it's all worked out, but I'm not going to be playing online, I'm stuck with an unfinished-feeling disk and I'm met with derision when I talk about it...

• RPhilMan1 likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 24 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

wow cry some more

glad you like it harwood

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 03:55 PM.

wow cry some more

glad you like it harwood

Hey rockstar, try to make more money off of us. Oh wait, they are...

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yea i doubt that's true, it's not i bet you. If it is shame. But i doubt it.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 04:07 PM.

I try to enjoy it, I really do, and I can in bursts... But there's just no freedom in this game, or at least nowhere near what I'm used to.  They also "overlooked" and left out a ton of basic stuff, which I'm sure will be available for purchase if I just sign up and login, right? Oh no, nothing slimey about that.

- No gore

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- Police spawn out of nowhere, right in your area, no matter how stealthy or remote you try to be

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

I understand the online will be AMAZING once it's all worked out, but I'm not going to be playing online, I'm stuck with an unfinished-feeling disk and I'm met with derision when I talk about it...

Damn son, that is a really comprehensive list, and I agree on every single one of them. You fa**ots can keep calling it crying. Just dont be mad that he has more critical thinking skills than you do. ALL of those are valid points.

- No goreRDR, MP3= way better physics/gore

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throwhad more control in GTAV, especially the kicks on the ground.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.RDR hunting was 10x better

- Police spawn out of nowhere, right in your area, no matter how stealthy or remote you try to be  Police AI/design is terrible overall

Those are the biggest ones for me. What do these all have in common. Rockstar has executed them better in PREVIOUS titles. Not asking much to take features out of games they already made and add them to their pinnacle title is it?

Destiel
  • Destiel

Blowin' Things Up

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I just want restaurants again! I miss the little things like that, I have no idea why they took them away.  I think there needs to be more heists and places to rob as well (stores in general) also I'd like the paramedic job back again.   

• Miahz_Twin likes this

ThaiBrawler
  • ThaiBrawler

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

I agree with:

- Little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

Opinionated of course. 

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Not having classic controls.

...that is all.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 05:02 PM.

^seriously, they force you to use the X button to walk and bike and other things that shouldn't need it, and then make it completely unnavailable where it's expected/needed/wanted most.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

You guys who are complaining, go play 4, come play 5. Tell me they have stepped back, tell me they havent made improvements, tell me you would rather play 4. None of you will because 4 sucked dick, and this is easily the best improvement of any video game series, look at the f*cking graphics for our current gen. I would rather not have any of that stupid sh*t bicycles named and have these beautiful graphics. People are never happy hahaah, maybe you stupid f*cks shouldnt have gotten youre hopes way too high. 

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by Roxx83, 24 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

I

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I can't believe people are complaining. Play GTA4 then play this one. Far more advanced in every aspect. No game is perfect. Stop complaining about trivial things and enjoy the experience.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

You guys who are complaining, go play 4, come play 5. Tell me they have stepped back, tell me they havent made improvements, tell me you would rather play 4. None of you will because 4 sucked dick, and this is easily the best improvement of any video game series, look at the f*cking graphics for our current gen. I would rather not have any of that stupid sh*t bicycles named and have these beautiful graphics. People are never happy hahaah, maybe you stupid f*cks shouldnt have gotten youre hopes way too high. 

I don't see many people saying they haven't made improvements. The improvements are not cumulative, that's all. They had awesome features in previous games that aren't in this one, and they have awesome features in this one that weren't in previous games.

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

- No gore

- Near-invisible reticle

- No gore

- Near-invisible reticle

Jumping out of a moving vehicle without injury is unrealistic. What did you expect? lol

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I can't believe people are complaining. Play GTA4 then play this one. Far more advanced in every aspect. No game is perfect. Stop complaining about trivial things and enjoy the experience.

No, clearly not in every aspect.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

I already did. Nobody is saying GTAV isn't improved in a lot of ways. We (I) am saying its taken lots of steps back in others. Don't know how many time I have to say it. The physics suck compared to previous Rockstar titles, the cop AI is retarded and shoot on sight and have other major flaws. The NPC's always die and when the ambulance comes they dont do anything but look, then leave. (makes you wonder if they actually thought this through at all?) Vendors don't even do anything anymore. Other basic SP features that were included in previous titles were left out as well.

Doesn't mean the game is trash, it just means it disappoints in some areas that I expected it would not, how hard is that to understand?

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Jumping out of a moving vehicle without injury is unrealistic. What did you expect? lol

but rolling around on the roof of a convertible like an overturned turtle and recieving zero damage is realistic?

take off the blinders

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

but rolling around on the roof of a convertible like an overturned turtle and recieving zero damage is realistic?

take off the blinders

I agree with you on that, but it's a game. It's not going to be 100% perfect. Enjoy it!

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

The driving in GTA IV was better plus there were way more interiors. Some areas are great and others are a step back from even San Andreas

frell
  • frell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

- No gore

- Near-invisible reticle

rofl

with the way you think every game sucks

adamc03
  • adamc03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why people call gta 4 so much I enjoy that game a lot but gta 5 is a lot better still some things I dislike like what the hell is going on with cars I put my car in the garage save it come off the game next time I come on its gone or on my driveway so annoying, would of liked more gang missions also :/.

Miahz_Twin
  • Miahz_Twin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

I think there needs to be more heists and places to rob as well (stores in general)

This. Its weird that this game is centered around heists, and yet there are only 4 of them and 2 of them that actually pay good money. What's the point of having heist recruits that gain experience if they're only used 2-3x in the game?

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

SP has had a lot left off it I think just cause the huge and insane push that online is getting, which for me I wont be able to partake in on a regular basis :/

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

1. Not being able to restart mission at any point in the mission. This is really a pain in the ass when re-playing missions. You either have to make yourself fail the mission or wait until it's over. Only to have to sit there watching the loading screen again.

2. No crouch.

3. Them over powered police and the ridiculous wanted system.

I could go on, but overall the game is a huge improvement from GTA IV. Can't wait for Online.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

The sad thing is how much GTA5 cost to create, the time it took. Yet it feels so basic. And RockStar will make tons more on GTA5 when Online starts because THAT many more people will want it. Then, add in the micro transactions. Pay real $ for GTA$ to upgrade your character early and unlock the content normal players are going to enjoy unlocking with time. Sounds like BF3 to me. "Pay to unlock the weapons and camo everyone else spent months earning!"

BrosephStalin
  • BrosephStalin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Nobody said you had to buy any of the online upgrades they're just there for people who want it and i mean how do you expect this game to be great in every way its just to much like police for example people complained that they were to easy now that they are like 5x harder people don't like it and driving i honestly don't care cause i never like driving i usually take taxis thats how lazy i am but its not bad i like the fact that i don't fly out the windshield every time i crash i like the fact that i dont do a complete 360 when drifting or making a sharp turn but i hate the fact that AI go as fast as they can right into your car right after you mod your f*cking car or something

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

- No gore

- Near-invisible reticle

Damn son, that is a really comprehensive list, and I agree on every single one of them. You fa**ots can keep calling it crying. Just dont be mad that he has more critical thinking skills than you do. ALL of those are valid points.

- No goreRDR, MP3= way better physics/gore

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throwhad more control in GTAV, especially the kicks on the ground.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.RDR hunting was 10x better

- Police spawn out of nowhere, right in your area, no matter how stealthy or remote you try to be  Police AI/design is terrible overall

Those are the biggest ones for me. What do these all have in common. Rockstar has executed them better in PREVIOUS titles. Not asking much to take features out of games they already made and add them to their pinnacle title is it?

I also agree totally, so much missing or broken, this game is a bad joke. Im still going on the theory that it was rushed out. it totally feels like a beta test.  I hope its fixed when they release the online version.  I cant believe how many dumb little kids there are on here defending it so hard, they either dont know anything about GTA or they just like calling people names on the internet, lol!  Either way compared to what people are used to from previous versions of the game, this one is a pretty piss poor excuse for a GTA release if you ask me.  There are some very cool things in it that I do like but there is virtually zero playability after the story missions are over.  Free roaming was the best part of previous games but its completely boring with nothing to do in this one.  

My game is totally bugged or corrupt or something.  I can steal cars all day long an no cops ever show up, if i stand next to a pedestrian they instantly call the cops or attack me.  Cops are always ramming and shooting the car behind me. My stock prices never change. the only time the cops come after me is if i kill someone, but if i go to a police station and walk by one they instantly shoot me.  None of these things behaved like this when i first started the game so I started a new game but they still happen, I might have to delete and reinstall to fix it, not sure what caused it but they all started happening slowly and got worse the longer i played and i didnt really notice something was wrong until i did a mission where i drove a car back to my house and the garage door wouldnt open and when i got out Jimmy appeared instantly in the drivers seat and drove 2 feet and then got out and was talking to me. I walked through the house into the garage from the inside and my cars were gone and the door still wouldnt open.  i shut it down and restarted the console and game and reloaded the save and then everything worked right again for a few minutes and then the same things happened except for the door hasnt quit working yet, and jimmy hasnt spawned in my seat immediately after i get out, but everything else is wack, its pretty much unplayable at this point but i dread the reinstall because it seemed like it took forever, haha!  So im just running around having shootouts with the cops seeing how long I last, usually its not long because they spawn too close too fast and come from all sides and just keep coming until there are too many to shoot and they get ya.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Yes, they made a lot of improvements, obviously. But they definitely stepped back in a few areas. Such as...

1) They stepped up the realism in the fighting, gunplay, etc., but then made the cars completely unrealistic. GTA IV was a huge step in the right direction, but now the cars all drive like Mario Kart. They have no weight or suspension, stop almost immediately, and then accelrate quickly. No challenge in the driving at all.

2) While they made the cars completely unrealistic, they upped the realism of helicopters for whatever reason. I was a DAMN good heli pilot in IV, but the way these helis are constantly affected by air currents automatically tells me that I won't be able to do any of the tricks in multiplayer that I did in IV. I could weave a Maverick around buildings and under bridges like a pro, but now I'm lucky if I can fly between two buildings without hitting one of them. And no amount of practice will matter much, because you can't actually fly straight no matter what you try.

3) The damage mechanics in IV were much better. Here, they're random. I've damaged a car to be nearly undriveable, but it's rare. Once, I crushed the rear left of my car and you could see that the wheel was bent out. In IV, that would make the tire grind against the metal, which would greatly affect your driving ... as it should. But in V, it didn't affect the driving or turning or anything at all. And in another instance, the entire WHEEL was gone from my rear left on an SUV and I still drove fast and weaved in and out of traffic like Mario Andretti. Plus, you can take a car off a mountainside, flip it, crash it, spin it, land on the freeway hundreds of feet below ... and then just drive away with little to no effect.

4) They removed classic controls, which make the heli and other certain actions more difficult. This is more of an opinion thing, but why remove the basic setup that we've had access to since the very first GTA game. Using my middle finger to control acceleration while my index fingers turn the helicopter adds even more difficulty to flying.

If you've missed these, you clearly hated GTA IV so much that you didn't actually play it. Many of the mechanics of V seem like the stepping stone to better mechanics in IV. Which is very odd.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Nobody said you had to buy any of the online upgrades they're just there for people who want it and i mean how do you expect this game to be great in every way its just to much like police for example people complained that they were to easy now that they are like 5x harder people don't like it and driving i honestly don't care cause i never like driving i usually take taxis thats how lazy i am but its not bad i like the fact that i don't fly out the windshield every time i crash i like the fact that i dont do a complete 360 when drifting or making a sharp turn but i hate the fact that AI go as fast as they can right into your car right after you mod your f*cking car or something

And not a single piece of punctuation was used that day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users