Quantcast

» «
Photo

Torture scene

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Torture scene (440 member(s) have cast votes)

Torture scene - Enjoyed it?

1. Yes... why not (270 votes [61.36%])

Percentage of vote: 61.36%

2. No but I dont care (117 votes [26.59%])

Percentage of vote: 26.59%

3. No... this was too much... (53 votes [12.05%])

Percentage of vote: 12.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by maxoS, 24 September 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Did you enjoyed it? Well... I've read some statements from very big newspaper in germany like "Spiegel"

and they said a lot couldn't do it... tried to not do it. Others did not. Did you? I didn't. I loved the Torture scene.

I mean... it's a game. I'm killing thousend of innocents... I steal so many cars...

why the hell I should say "Oh this torture scene is soo bad... tz bad R*".

That's GTA. We're killing and hurting others.

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by goobface, 24 September 2013 - 01:57 PM.

I thought it was pretty amusing. I don't understand why people seem to be so upset. It's an 18 rated game, it's a video game, which means its fictional, like a movie.

There are far more gruesome things in movies. 

Also, this is TORTURE, and not killing, the rest of the game is you killing people and running over innocent people, yet somehow people are all upset over a part where

Spoiler

Its GTA...what did you expect? 

Just ignore the PC police, they have nothing better to whine about.

In this game you can fly a jumbo jet into a skyscraper....................i dont see anyone arguing about that

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

That scene was over the top. I like killing people in videogames, but when acting as Trevor in that scene I felt uncomfortable a little. But with the conversation Trevor had with the guy when they drive to the airport I am fine with it as I know what R*'s intention was.

• davetopper likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Took the second option. Only a game innit? 

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

I didnt enjoy it but i dont think we were meant to enjoy it.

Main reason i didnt enjoy....well enjoy is the wrong word, made me go all squeamish. Is because i used the pilers and ripped one of his teeth out. Now ive only had one tooth extraction while concious(never could spell that word lol) and even though i had 3 and a halfshots of lidicaine i could still feel it. Then my body went into total f*cking meltdown. Every muscle in my body tensed up and rendered me paralyzed for 15minutes, scarey part is that i was mentally calm during my time paralyzed, even cracked a few jokes.

And that is why it made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yea... and it's 18+. But I was... surprised to see

how many others complained that this could even disturb them...

I'd laugh if some mother in america sue R* because of this

and that her child is now completly disturbed... and the child is only 12 years old.

Or a 12 years old kid do the same with another kid and then again the government trys to ban GTA.

iamruby
  • iamruby

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm a 28 year old male who has been playing games since the first Super Mario Bros and in that time I've played a lot of games, child friendly and uber violent and I must say the torture scene is one of the hardest hitting interactive scenes I've experienced. I say interactive cause the hacking cutscene in Mafia 2 is the worst non interactive part of a game ever.

The torture scene, as horrible and intense as it was, was great. Well, as great as a torture of a human being can be lol. It fit well with Trevor's character and mature theme of GTA as a series. The thing that made the scene so harrowing was the sound playing over the top. That strange, unsettling pitch that played made the player feel uncomfortable.

But, it's a game. A mature themed and rated game. It will stir up controversy but people must remember the audience GTA is aimed at. Ive not experienced the other controversial scene in the game, which I wont spoil, but I have heard what it involves.

If scenes like the torture scene are fitting to the game and not done in a gracious, glorified way then I have no problem with them
  • nitr0monkey likes this

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

It was brutal but I didn't get all Dramatic over it. Neither enjoyed nor cared for it. Trevor does let the guy go afterwords.That's a fair point though. Same could be said about people that dislike Trevor. He's an ass but embraces his crime lifestyle none of the main chars in any GTA game are saints. They are all murders and thief's. Difference other chars are more remorseful or make excuses to make it okay to do that.   But they still do it. Only creepy thing about Trevor is I think he would have Sex with anything. 

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yea... and it's 18+. But I was... surprised to see

how many others complained that this could even disturb them...

I'd laugh if some mother in america sue R* because of this

and that her child is now completly disturbed... and the child is only 12 years old.

Or a 12 years old kid do the same with another kid and then again the government trys to ban GTA.

It'd be thrown out of court. The Judge would just say to the mother "And why did you get your kid an adult computer game in the first place?". It'd be the Mum's fault. 

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Its a video game! Where's tha f@king problem? Moralists f@cks!

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Just another way to de-sensitize the public into thinking torture is an ok thing to do. Waterboarding...like wtf...I'm sure the american military fully approved.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have to say, even I, someone whos been playing videogames for the last 25 years, who has seen pretty much anything felt weird while doing the torture-scene. Kinda like playing the terrorist-scene at the beginning of CoD-Modern Warfare 2.

So in my opinion, the scene was good, but definitely too much. It almost made me not wanting to play Trevor anymore.

Bsham
  • Bsham

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by Bsham, 24 September 2013 - 02:19 PM.

I didn't mind it. I think it was in the game more to stir up newspaper headlines but I just saw it as no different to watching the film Resevoir Dogs. GTA is a game and so it didn't make me give a sh*t.

As long as they don't decide to start using baby rape scenes or peadophile stuff I don't care.

The Dark Passenger
  • The Dark Passenger

Bay Harbor Butcher

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

The purpose of that whole mission was to promote an anti-torture stance. We all iced a guy who may or may not have been a terrorist based on vague descriptions obtained via a humourless and joyless torture session. All in the grimy name of "the war on terror." That mission was one big protest against torture and we all took part.
  • Slave Boy, ONEkingscar and davetopper like this

Batley18
  • Batley18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I thought it was close to the line. I am not easily offended, but there was something a bit deeper in this scene. Still, it helps show just how crazy Trevor is.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's a hell of a scene, not just because of the torture but it makes you realize stuff like it happens all the time today still. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be and it had michael scenes in it too so that was good.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

I find it odd how people have a problem with torturing some guy, but when they accidentally run people over while driving, it's a-okay.

Anyway, people made it out to be a bigger deal than it actually was. It wasn't even that gory or disturbing. (Inb4 I need a doctor)

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you think the Torture scene was bad in this game. You should watch the Unthinkable movie it had f*cked up torture in it. Only fictional but I'm sure it happens in the real world.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Have to look for controversy in every single little thing. It's almost as if this was real life and not a game...

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

At the end of the day, it's all computer code compiled onto a screen, so it didn't really bother me.

Selwood24
  • Selwood24

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I kind of enjoyed it, it's something which hasn't been done before. I used all the instruments on him, the tooth pulling one was my fav.

It wasn't all that bad anyway, they were extracting important info from the poor fella, it's not something they did for fun.

There's a lot of worse stuff out there, but I can't stand the stuff anyway.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by Apfeltasche, 24 September 2013 - 02:32 PM.

It was to much for me. When I accidentally choose the pliers, I've restart the misson becouse I doesn't want to do this. In my opinion it was to perverse. But I also hate movies like SAW and would never watch movies like this.

I've use all the time the waterboarding. That was okay.

PS: Rockstar has not balls and are sissies. Because of this extra big cross chain. We all know the reason... However, I have imagined at the waterboarding he was a islamist and was pretty fine with it ...

SH1TS0N
  • SH1TS0N

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I actually wanted to set the guy on fire with the jerry can........not really sure what that says about me but it wasn't that bad..!

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yeah it was good fun.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

A Serbian Film didn't make me flinch.
Nothing makes me flinch after that.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I actually wanted to set the guy on fire with the jerry can........not really sure what that says about me but it wasn't that bad..!

Nothing... because it's actually only a game... well...

but my grandma also ALWAYS things... when I play these games

that I'll make soon a shooting spree... always tells her

"omg just because I play this game I wont be some"... but well...

she's in a sect so I can say what ever I want... she wont listen.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Lol, i thought it was fun.
It is a game, and I dont think we're supposed to feel uncomfortable, atleast I didn't.

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Didn't really enjoy it but I don't care that it was in the game

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I didn't mind that but I hated Trevor's intro scene.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Did you enjoyed it? Well... I've read some statements from very big newspaper in germany like "Spiegel"

and they said a lot couldn't do it... tried to not do it. Others did not. Did you? I didn't. I loved the Torture scene.

I mean... it's a game. I'm killing thousend of innocents... I steal so many cars...

why the hell I should say "Oh this torture scene is soo bad... tz bad R*".

That's GTA. We're killing and hurting others.

What was wrong with using black?

Anyway, I just shot the target the moment I had chance. Dude only got waterboarded and electrocuted, he got to keep his teeth and his knee. Did I enjoy it? Not really, but if you did then you're probably a sadist, so eh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users