Quantcast

» «
Photo

Completed the story... anyone find this game a bit easy?

29 replies to this topic
ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I don't know if the game was easy or if I'm just a good gamer... but the story mode presented no real challenge at all. Yeah, I had to have a couple of gos on some of the missions but generally speaking it was really no trouble.

In comparison to Grand Theft Auto IV (which I found a bitch to complete) this one was a doozy! 

Anyone else? 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Count me in

• ChickenStu likes this

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

As much as I love the game, it was stupidly easy. I heard people saying that the final mission was so difficult (Ending C) but it was a walk in the park, and pretty short.

• ChickenStu likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I think what makes this game a bit too easy are the checkpoints and the fact you can skip sequences after 3 failed attempts.
  • ChickenStu likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

doing the missions was pretty easy but doing them with gold medal is a pain in the arse

• ChickenStu likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Count me in

It could be that you and I are good gamers mate. 

SammyXNA
  • SammyXNA

Feel free to wear my sig.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yeah was pretty easy for me too. Beat the whole game without using any body armour at all lol.

• ChickenStu and Shampson360 like this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

As much as I love the game, it was stupidly easy. I heard people saying that the final mission was so difficult (Ending C) but it was a walk in the park, and pretty short.

I did the ending where I 

Spoiler
. I've yet to have a go on the other options (I've saved it in such a way that I can go back and do that). The 
Spoiler
was a bit tricky. I took the subtle option. The only issues there were 
Spoiler
and the 
Spoiler
- but otherwise I sailed through it. 

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

My hardest mission was getting the Police Van with Stingers in. Must've redone that about five-six times.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

My hardest mission was getting the Police Van with Stingers in. Must've redone that about five-six times.

I did that on first go! Just walked up to it, jumped in, lost the cops! Looking back at the game, the only one that I really found hard was "Burying The Hatchet" the 

Spoiler
was a bitch. That's the only thing that springs to mind... 

Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

You can buy the gaulents on the internet lol
  • ChickenStu likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

You can buy the gaulents on the internet lol

Could've done with that bloody information sooner! LMAO!!! Seriously though, I didn't go on the internet once during the game, save for the time(s) when I had to do it for a mission. 

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

It was easy for me. But that's probably because i've been playing video games my whole life

• ChickenStu likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I played through on free aim and it was still a little too easy for my liking. I also tried a few missions with assisted aim to see how much easier it was and it was just ridiculiosly easy with that option. So IMO best bet is to use free aim to make it that little bit more difficult but still is a easy game to beat.

• ChickenStu and Buford T Justice like this

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O

Tell A.W.E.S.O.M.-O all your most personal secrets

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm almost completed, I'm trying to do everything else first besides the main story missions, i'm like 75% of the 100% ( if you even count that as a 100%, there's more then 100% in the game) but i got like 10 main missions left i think. But yes it seems very easy compared to IV. And i didn't use any cheats.

• ChickenStu likes this

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

yeah its way too easy.... Especially the Big Score mission... when you aim at the mercs they rarely hit you. When you're in cover that is, when your out of cover thats a different story. Its like the cover system completely protects us even when we're leaning out to aim. The merryweather mercs dont have any good tactics and just shoot at the pillar it was disappointingly easy. Its just shooting after shooting after shooting some dumb AI that cant even hit you. I really hate games like that.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

But yes it seems very easy compared to IV. And i didn't use any cheats.

Yeah, I can't help but compare it to IV. I did complete IV, but it was NO walk in the park. As for cheats, I never use them. What's the point? 

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

yeah its way too easy.... Especially the Big Score mission... when you aim at the mercs they rarely hit you. When you're in cover that is, when your out of cover thats a different story. Its like the cover system completely protects us even when we're leaning out to aim. The merryweather mercs dont have any good tactics and just shoot at the pillar it was disappointingly easy. Its just shooting after shooting after shooting some dumb AI that cant even hit you. I really hate games like that.

Did you play "24: The Game" on PS2? You want to see a game with very bad AI in gunfights, check that one out! 

Batley18
  • Batley18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Agreed. I have about 10 missions left as well, and haven't really struggled. With IV there were times where I would try a mission over and over again. The biggest issue, which someone else also mentioned, is the checkpoint element to it. In IV you could be 10 minutes into a mission, die, and you would have to start all over again. It took me about 2 years to complete that game as I routinely left it for a couple of months or more when I struggled.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes to be honest I found this the easiest gta game in a long time, but the story and missions were great. Id say it was easier than III and vice city. San Andreas was median in difficulty, and gtaIV was a hard game in places. Still, I enjoyed the story.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I died once during any of the big missions. Game was a breeze. Can't wait to do more in Online.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I liked the fact that you didn't have to do the whole mission again if you died. With previous games I always felt like I was being beaten over the head for making mistakes. I'd certainly say this one was more gamer friendly in that respect. 

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

I guess they're supposed to be easy so everyone can play them hence being able to go for gold. If you find it too easy, turn free-aim on and go for gold on every mission.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yep it is easy, that's why I use free aim to give myself more of a challenge, the last heist was disappointingly easy as well, I thought it was going to take more effort and be a little longer.

Batley18
  • Batley18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

I liked the fact that you didn't have to do the whole mission again if you died. With previous games I always felt like I was being beaten over the head for making mistakes. I'd certainly say this one was more gamer friendly in that respect. 

Agreed, but I guess this way it is always going to mean completing the game a bit quicker. Perhaps that was Rockstar's design though, give us two weeks to complete it and then get ready for GTAO.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's called accessibility.

Accessibility means more cash.

John Angelo
  • John Angelo

"You f*ck up once, you lose two teeth."

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hardest mission for me was 

Spoiler

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

The game is pretty easy as far as the story goes, and yeah you're prob a good gamer too. Made up missions (ie: stunt jumping in the base to steal military hardware, 4/5 star cops, etc) are pretty tough imo.

Like others have said, the checkpoints help a bunch.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by chuckberry04, 02 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

I did that on first go! Just walked up to it, jumped in, lost the cops! Looking back at the game, the only one that I really found hard was "Burying The Hatchet" the 

Spoiler
was a bitch. That's the only thing that springs to mind... 

I just wen to the police station, knocked a calling cop out and took it without a problem, I didn't even get a wanted level. And if you think GTAIV was difficult you're not really that good of a gamer I think, cause that game was allready way too easy. GTAV was just a joke, it's more an interactive movie then a game. They trying to get as much money as possible by trying to get in as much casuals as possible. The passive mode and "badrep pool" in online is really one of the most ridiculous things ever to be implemented into a game Imo, it would've been ok in other games, sure, but this is GTA, not some simulator.

edit: the final missions I didn't even have a single problem, so that just nor normal for a game like this.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

This game was hard as s*it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users