Photo

why does everyone complain about gta v?

23 replies to this topic
trevorwillkillu
  • trevorwillkillu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

all I can see is people complaining about this game... WHY? it is a huge improvement from gta4 the missions are more fun the world is way more realistic and bigger, there is way more to do more to see and you get to pick from three characters and the online WILL BE AMAZING. what is with all this bi**hing about the game? this is the best GTA out yet so what is the problem?  

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

It's not everyone but with every game theres always gonna have people complaining about it because people just love to complain and be different. I for one love this game.
  • trevorwillkillu likes this

RA1DER81
  • RA1DER81

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

For every one vocal complainer there are at least 20 people playing and enjoying the game (and keeping quiet) and 20 people that just don't care enough to come on a forum and moan.

It's true with lots of aspects in life.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

1.16 = Baddies in Buzzards

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I would imagine it's because prior to release, with no evidence to support them, a lot of people decided on a long list of features Rockstar never promised and now they're all raging because you can't get fat or do home invasions. The rest of the people complaining seem to have convinced themselves prior to release that the campaign would be packed with features they saw in the trailer for GTA Online, so really any complaint they have is their own fault for not paying attention and making uninformed assumptions.

A tiny handful of people have a few legitimate concerns but most of them are incapable of voicing them without being abusive.

• RA1DER81 likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 01:32 PM.

all I can see is people complaining about this game... WHY? it is a huge improvement from gta4

I returned 4 after a few weeks because I didn't like it at all. A step up from that does not equal perfect, and this game went backwards in a lot of ways

also...

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equiped

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 3 crashes on a bicycle and you're dead.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- Police spawn out of nowhere, right in your area, no matter how stealthy or remote you try to be

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

Way too many little things for it to be an accident. It's shady business and I won't support them after this.

Look at all the recent NSA/prism stuff... If you think rockstar isn't making money on more than just microtransactions, you're an idiot.  Play the friend request/life invader mission a couple of times and look at the data farming stuff they're rubbing in our faces.

I was under the impression rockstar would be combining good elements from all their games, not just prettying it up and then stifling/throttling the control you have over everything...

Most racing games on the ps2 had much better handling than the cars in this game. It's the main thing you do, and I have no interest in doing it, because it's not realistic at all and not fun. The crashes aren't fun, they're infuriating and not even close to realistic.

but they shove 'realism' down our throats at every other turn, in ways that are also not fun.

I swear we're being pranked/scammed

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Okay I just wanna say, when you see people complaining about the game, it is not because we are 'trying to be different', it is not because we want attention & it is definitely not because we hate the game.

I personally do love the game, it's just after completing the story, I'm finding it hard to find fun stuff to do, yes I am aware that there is a lot to do...But out of the stuff to do, it's not much action involved.

I tried the parachuting, the oga, the diving, hell I even went 5 sets of tennis against Amanda (those who've played the Tennis will understand how long these games can last). But I'm getting bored fast & the reason I'm complaining (can't speak for anyone else) Is mainly because I've been so excited for the game for so long I just don't want to get bored of it...

Once online comes out, I'm sure the complaints will gradually fade away, but until then...

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Well I don't care if everyone complains about GTA V, but if someone dares to say GTA V has worse car handling than Just Cause 2, he's on my Wanted list with 6 stars.

• Amigo Mane likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Once online comes out, I'm sure the complaints will gradually fade away, but until then...

There is no "until then" for people who don't want to/won't play online.

We're stuck with an unfinished product.

I understood coming into this that the offline experience wasn't what they were focusing on, but for them to "look over" so many basic features for console users is just offensive.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

The car handling is f*ckn amazing.

I see a lot of people complain about the plane/helicopter handling, but I like a challenge & I'm pretty sure if I tried to fly one in real life, I would suck, so for me the plane/helicopter handling is perfect.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

There is no "until then" for people who don't want to/won't play online.

We're stuck with an unfinished product.

I understood coming into this that the offline experience wasn't what they were focusing on, but for them to "look over" so many basic features for console users is just offensive.

I get your point. But if you're not even going to give the online a chance then please don't talk. 

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by bicycles?, 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Well I don't care if everyone complains about GTA V, but if someone dares to say GTA V has worse car handling than Just Cause 2, he's on my Wanted list with 6 stars.

I can get from place to place in jc2 without spinning out and rolling around like a weightless turtle any time I hit a bump, and I've seen pilots say the flying/landing in gta is cartoonish.

The planes in jc2 handle amazingly in comparison, and they actually require skill to land and more than 10 feet to come to a stop.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

I get your point. But if you're not even going to give the online a chance then please don't talk. 

"Please don't talk"

you people are insane with your personal emotional attachments to this game.

People who want/expected it to be better are not insulting you, you shouldn't take offense or be scared of critical comments and complaints, you should be embracing them.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

The car handling is f*ckn amazing.

I see a lot of people complain about the plane/helicopter handling, but I like a challenge & I'm pretty sure if I tried to fly one in real life, I would suck, so for me the plane/helicopter handling is perfect.

I like the plane handling (turbulence, gives realism) but helicopter handling is too hard in my opinion. I prefer the GTA IV type helicopter handling. I don't know how much the Flying skill affects though, in the missions it was "pretty" hard to use a helicopter with Trevor, who is supposed to be the pilot master.

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

88th Jamestown Lords

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just wished there were more interiors to be able to enter.

I've completed the game, and I have more fun shooting up sh*t and fighting ballas/cops. 

But, if you "claim" you're getting bored already.. really? Like no, really? ...bored?

Please, go ride a roller coaster, ..or something.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

My problem is Rockstar never really came out and said this will be features online, this will be single player. They released two trailers and that's about it. Online appears to give you a ton of features that you just can't find in single player

I am not an online gamer. I'll play here and there, but I bought this game for the sinlge player experience. And I've played a lot. I am not saying this is a horrible game! There are a lot of pros about this game. But theres are a lot of cons also.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

"Please don't talk"

you people are insane with your personal emotional attachments to this game.

People who want/expected it to be better are not insulting you, you shouldn't take offense or be scared of critical comments and complaints, you should be embracing them.

Lol you got me all wrong. I am one of the ones who has complained the most, the difference between me & you is, though, that I haven't give up on it yet & I am willing to give it a chance with the online.

I mean it's been like a week & you're giving up on it? We haven't even had a first patch yet, we haven't even got online yet. By all means voice your opinion on what you wanna see in the game & what you feel could be fixed. That's exactly what I've been doing, just like you. But don't give up on it.

I would like to see turf wars & home invasions & parties with dancing jus like in San Andreas...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I would imagine it's because prior to release, with no evidence to support them, a lot of people decided on a long list of features Rockstar never promised and now they're all raging because you can't get fat or do home invasions. The rest of the people complaining seem to have convinced themselves prior to release that the campaign would be packed with features they saw in the trailer for GTA Online, so really any complaint they have is their own fault for not paying attention and making uninformed assumptions.

A tiny handful of people have a few legitimate concerns but most of them are incapable of voicing them without being abusive.

:^:

However my problem is GTA Online. A lot of cool, useful, or even regular features are for Online exclusively and I must admit that pisses me off. Yeah Single Player is cool now but because of Online, it does not feel complete.

Why can't we insure all of our cars in SP? Why can't we buy all cars in SP? Why can't we purchase houses or GARAGES(seriously what the f*ck on this one) in SP? Why can't we enter all interiors in SP? Why can't we do the extra fun activities from Online, the ones that don't require extra people, in SP?

All of those could have been in SP but they weren't and that is what bugs the f*ck out of me. It was possible and it could've added replay value to SP but no. I never thought Rockstar would ignore the guys who cared strictly about SP.

I will love Online but SP is lacking and that was bullsh*t. /explanation

Technobabble
  • Technobabble

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

It would be a perfect game if certain flaws with the AI, and how much health the player had, and game breaking bugs were adjusted accordingly.

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

No one cares if you like the game.
No one cares if you don't like the game.

Can we all move on now?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

People have to see the difference between haters and critics. People ARE hating on the game, but people are also making valid criticisms. Likewise there are haters (in their positive shape, 'fanboys') mindlessly defending, and critics who are offering valid reasons why V is a step up.

It's this kind of debate that brought us past Pong and Pac-Man to Atari, onward to Nintendo and every single game advance since Mario. Let the debate rage on. Don't be a hater or a fanboy; be a critic and all will be well.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

SLUGFly, that was the most intelligent post I've seen on these forums thus far.

People need to learn the difference between constructive criticism & suggestions and hating.

Most of the time the people complaining (which I have been doing a lil bit) are merely suggesting what they feel is missing from the game & what should be fixed.

Clearly the people acting all defensive towards these posts aren't the creative type as artists learn to channel constructive criticism positively & use it to help them.

You will never make it in a creative industry if you cannot take constructive criticism. There are always going to be people who don't like your work (as much as others or not at all) & if you can't accept that you will fail.

I'm pretty sure if anyone who worked for Rockstar read any of the complaints, they would try to take them on-board & improve the game. Anyone with an ounce of creativity in their mind understands this & this is why we give our feedback, in the hope someone who works for Rockstar stumbles across it & takes it into consideration.

What's the point in making a product for a target audience if they aren't aloud to have their say on what they feel they should be paying for? That's just plain dumb. You fanboys needa chill, we're fans too, hence why we bought the game, we're just trying to help improve it so it can reach it's full potential. 

Just like how you take a nice car to the chop shop, make it even faster & nicer. It's the same damn thing.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by StingrayX, 24 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Can we all move on now?

Lets just delete the whole god damned forum then! :colgate: F*ck opinions!

:sarcasm:

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Can we all move on now?

Lets just delete the whole god damned forum then! :colgate: F-ck opinioms!

:sarcasm:

Lol exactly, this is what forums are for is it not? Opinions. If you didn't have one you wouldn't be on here lmao.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Cause the tail lights are too dim and it ruins the game!  :cry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users