Photo

Which Game had the best Plot?

14 replies to this topic
Chao
  • Chao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Out of all of the GTA games, GTA 1 - GTA 5, DLCs included mind you, which IYO had the best story mode?

For me it either had to be 3, Vice City, or 4

CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1
  • CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

GTA IV or Vice City for me, with IV having a slight edge over Vice City. These storylines were absolutely fantastic. :colgate:

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Imo, IV had the best story, followed by SA then VC. I haven't played V yet...

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

R* never really pulled stories off well...
I'm gonna go with IV or V.

Spider262
  • Spider262

Give be freedom, Give be Internet :)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

GTA V (Did not play, Watched Gameplay) - GTA IV - GTA SA - GTA III - GTA VC

Did not play play VCS,LCS,II or I

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

For now, it's IV for me. First well thought story in GTA series with likeable protagonist, who comes from interesting background, and interesting characters.

Second place goes to TLaD. Its story was rather short, but strong in emotions. 

I haven't completed V yet, so I won't judge it. The third place goes for VC. It was made by gluing various parts of Scarface and Miami Vice, but for it's time was quite interesting.

Rest of the stories was rather tedious and uninteresting. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

IV Has got by the far the most unique / engrossing story in the Series.  

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

GTA Vice City Reloaded Project Leader

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

IV Has got by the far the most unique / engrossing story in the Series.  

I enjoyed IV's story, but it somewhat wasn't that unique. BTW it's great, comes my second. I liked Vice City's the most. I really liked it, and i still remember some good moments while i was playing it. uniqu

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

IV

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:31 AM Edited by GrungeRockCity, 30 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

GTA IV could've won an Oscar if it were an actual movie. It had all the makings of one, and has yet to be topped in this aspect by any other GTA title. Putting it in a category with Red Dead Redemption would be another story in and of itself, as I think that's the best storyline PERIOD of ANY Rockstar game. But that's just that. Another discussion.

GTA V somehow pulled off the feat of making all three player characters likeable. Each one has a well developed backstory, and a purpose. You don't feel like you're assuming this random unknown who's just there because they're the better driver of the three. Or the better shooter of the three. Or just because they embody the pure, wanton craziness of GTA. There is a connection with these guys that extends far beyond that, and you actually WANT to see them through to their ends. The two things keeping GTA V's arc from the top spot for me though? The lack of emotion (in comparison to IV), and not enough main missions.

The Lost And Damned was another great story, on par with the above two, except for one mitigating factor: given that it was an episode to GTA IV, and only consisted of around 1/4 of the main game's total number of missions, it really didn't give you enough time to get invested. Once you really started to get to that point, actually, the game was over. With a little more length, this could've rivaled IV and V that much more.

III, VC and SA were pretty much your typical, run of the mill mafia/gang stories, and you can tell they borrowed a lot from pop culture in creating these. However, unlike your typical Hollywood movie remake, or some cheap Comedy Central-esque stoner film, you still felt like they went somewhere. Not the greatest games in the world story-wise, but they keep your interests, most of the characters are likeable, and in their own respects, they still go down as timeless classics for me. Without these games, after all, we wouldn't have IV/V/TLAD.

VCS was a nice companion piece to the original Vice City that, unfortunately, came a day late and a dollar short. Had this been released in 2003, it could've been just as big as it's predecessor (or successor, depending on how you view it). But as it is, it just feels like it exists out of time for me. It's a good game, and an equally good story, that would've been better had it come earlier.

LCS had it's moments. I won't deny it that. But this was a HUGE let down coming off of San Andreas at the time. The gameplay was excusable in a sense, given it was originally tailored for the PSP. But since that's another topic, I will say that the story just felt unnecessary. I would've preferred an entry from Liberty City set in the 1960s or 1970s with Salvatore as the protagonist, or something more along those lines. Having Toni Cipriani, an insignificant character only MADE significant by Michael Madsen, who never returned for the role even, was just dumb.

TBOGT had an interesting array of missions, and brought back some of the more fun, less serious element that IV and even TLAD had lacked. That's all. There was nothing good about the story, at all, and if I knew half of the people in this game in real life, I'd probably want to beat the sh*t out of them (case and point, Rocco;

Spoiler
).

Haven't really played Advance or Chinatown Wars enough to judge them, and I don't think anything leading up to III had a proper storyline to it, so I'll end this here.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

The Lost and Damned, just 'cause.

maor166
  • maor166

random GTA player

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

i think gta 3 plot was not that interesting except of the explosion and gta vice city had a good plot but short gta san andreas had a very good plot and the game was fun there were many wars and combats gta iv had the best plot i think it was the most interesting plot in gta, gta v had a bad plot i think :\ not interesting. i think gta is full of betrayals XD the game is full of betrayals and traitors! 

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I actually thought GTA SA and VC had uninteresting plots. GTA III was better in that regard.

IV and V are the best so far IMO. TLAD and even Chinatown Wars were nice, too.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

It's a hard mix between III or VC. III has a classic revenge story, but VC has a protagonist with a name.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

GTA IV is king!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

IV followed by San Andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users