Photo

Triathlon: Coyote Cross

20 replies to this topic
robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

I love this game, but that Triathlon is by far the most tedious, boring mission I have ever played in a video game. This is 2013 and GTA V is one of the most complete and advances game in history, yet we are playing a mission in which you literally just have to point forward and tap X as fast as you can...for almost half an hour! That was the concept of a lot of games in the 1980s for god sake. I assume it's there either to fill a lot of time, or they're simply laughing their asses off because they know people who want 100% will actually do it.

I almost felt embarrassed with myself when it got to the 15 minute mark and I knew I was probably only half way done, but after going for that long I just finished it anyway.

Are people in the same boat as me here or did anybody actually enjoy it?

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I was asking myself what I was doing with my life when I finished that. Too hilarious I managed 30+ mins on that lol. Very realistic as how long a real triathlon really is, even the effort needed is there.

Although you haven't done Kifflom! yet have you? Now THAT is where boring and wtf really is. Although most profitable non heist mission if you do it right at the end of that boring 5 mission series ;)

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Haven't tried the 30 minute one yet, but I really enjoyed the other 2. I am really loving the helicopter coverage that you get when pressing circle. Also it's not broken and frustrating like the SA triathlon

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by robbo216, 24 September 2013 - 12:14 PM.

I was asking myself what I was doing with my life when I finished that. Too hilarious I managed 30+ mins on that lol. Very realistic as how long a real triathlon really is, even the effort needed is there.

Although you haven't done Kifflom! yet have you? Now THAT is where boring and wtf really is. Although most profitable non heist mission if you do it right at the end of that boring 5 mission series ;)

Oh I think I have heard about that...

Spoiler
. I really can't see myself bothering with that, but if it is all I have left for 100% then I probably will.

I finished that triathlon in 27:40 but that was with no falls/mistakes/slowing down. I was still over 2 minutes off the guy in first place, wtf!

EDIT: by that I mean the guy on the global leaderboard, not an AI I was racing against...

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:37 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 24 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.

I have looked at the leaderboards for several races/triathlons and there is no way in hell people are shaving that much time off. 

especially the races.

I'm really looking forward to GTAO triathlons.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've read there are possible 'semi-hidden' shortcuts throughout the races, I didn't notice where they could possibly be but then again I wasn't paying much attention, just brainlessly bashing X whilst my mind wondered into a world of it's own. Even with shortcuts some of the time look a bit ridiculous.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Triathlon is an empty feature.

- 100 endurance stat meaning unlimited endurance is stupid, it turns it into buttong bashing without thinking involved.

- AI is not subject to the same physic rules than us (they can speed up with the bike faster than you can dream of whenever they feel like it, and then they wait for you if you fall behind).

- No slipstream in bike section of the race means no tactics involved at all.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Triathlon is an empty feature.

- 100 endurance stat meaning unlimited endurance is stupid, it turns it into buttong bashing without thinking involved.

- AI is not subject to the same physic rules than us (they can speed up with the bike faster than you can dream of whenever they feel like it, and then they wait for you if you fall behind).

- No slipstream in bike section of the race means no tactics involved at all.

Totally agree, I did it with Trevor and it's a bit ridiculous watching him go 100% for almost half an hour, if pacing was involved it'd make things more interesting, I like the idea of slipstreams too, at first I assumed that how they were taking over me, but I tried it myself and nothing...

zico291
  • zico291

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

How do I unlock the 30 min Triathlon? I have already completed 3 Triathlons.

bluAstrid
  • bluAstrid

User Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

How do I unlock the 30 min Triathlon? I have already completed 3 Triathlons.

The 30 minutes one is the third.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Have you guys tried holding down RB/R1 when going down a hill? That's how you speed past your opponents. I would not recommend doing it uphill/on even ground though (it seems to trigger the OP slingshot overtaking of the AI).

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I hated the one with the bike jump because everytime I hit the ramp I would spin out of control and miss the landing. is that the in-flight controls taking over?

which meant I had to start over with the tapping x. glad to know im not the only one that finds tapping x to get anywhere a outdated control scheme.

weejen1
  • weejen1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

i did it today and all i no is my finger hurt. i did it in about 27.38 i think with michael and came first. before i tried with franklin and crashed so much i died on the bike at the beach

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

We should make an official hate thread for this Triathlon....

Took me around 28 minutes. Got first place.

I feel like they should send me a t-shirt or something... my thumb joint hurt for hours.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm dyin' right now!  This triathlon is killing me.  My thumb is about to give out.  I just started the running portion and paused it to come online and confirm this is really needed for the 100%.  Unfortunately it is.  Seriously wtf were they thinking!!?  The other ones were fun and even one half this length wouldn't be bad.

I'm in first but if sh*t happens and I don't get at least third, I'm going to jump off the balcony because I never want to do this again.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm in first but if sh*t happens and I don't get at least third, I'm going to jump off the balcony because I never want to do this again.

I feel your pain, brother. Don't worry though I've even read about people who had really unfortunate turn of events towards the end of the bike stage, and aparantly the others pretty much just wait for you at the start of the run. I think the only way to lose is if you stop running just before the finish line.

This game has the worst rubber-banding I've ever played. All races (triathlon, off-road, street, sea) are far too easy, take the fun away.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

I feel your pain, brother. Don't worry though I've even read about people who had really unfortunate turn of events towards the end of the bike stage, and aparantly the others pretty much just wait for you at the start of the run. I think the only way to lose is if you stop running just before the finish line.

This game has the worst rubber-banding I've ever played. All races (triathlon, off-road, street, sea) are far too easy, take the fun away.

The running part wasn't as long as I thought it would be.  Considering the biking and swimming, I thought I was gonna have to run all the way to the top of Mount Chiliad...lol

Off to try and get an even score of golf now.

RyotGrrl
  • RyotGrrl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

I was hoping for something like the triathlon Online, like maybe with some parachutIng to start off, then to a bike, to a swim and finally a run. But I guess it would really just be a lot of tapping X in the end. The Tap-X-Games, if you will.

KingItchyy
  • KingItchyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Im so done. Finish in sight of bike part, hit a spectator and have to forfeit race because a crime was commited. Wtf is this sh*t rockstar i mean seriously.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

I love this game, but that Triathlon is by far the most tedious, boring mission I have ever played in a video game. 

Its not more boring than collecting 50 ufo parts or 50 letter scraps. 

Actually, It wasn't that it was boring, it was just way too long. My hand hurt through the next day. For all I know, maybe you don't have to tap until the end, I have no idea, I wasn't going to risk losing something that takes that long. I could understand a ten minute triathlon, but 30 was way too much. It was pretty cool getting around that last turn and seeing the end though.

Its odd how a game as awesome as GTA also has these mind-numbing things like collecting hundreds of items or walking in the desert for 5 miles. Nobody wants to do all of that, especially when the rewards are small or nothing at all. A game intended to be fun and entertaining shouldn't have tasks that boring. 

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I never paused so much a game before playing that triathlon...man, my finger was hurting so bad...and I had to do a lot of effort because I bumped into something and fell off the bike and everyone passed me in the meantime...luckily I finished first in the end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users