Photo

GTA V bug: Rockstar warns about parking cars in garages

47 replies to this topic
Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by Booya818, 24 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet but here you go.

Source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24220206

"The makers of Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) have warned players about parking cars in garages in the game until a bug can be fixed.

Rockstar Games say they are looking into a glitch that sometimes causes cars to lose upgrades or completely disappear from safe houses.

In a support forum developers said they are "looking into" the problem.

"Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround to recover a car if it is missing," they added.

"In the meantime, please try to avoid parking a car in a garage, driving one already in a garage, or getting in a default vehicle, when playing as a character other than the one with your upgrades."

Grand Theft Auto V, which is set in "a satirical reimagining of modern Southern California", is the first game in the series that allows players to jump in and out of the lives of three simultaneously playable lead characters.

Rockstar suggested the issue may occur if players drive different characters' personal vehicles.

They added: "Also please note that vehicles saves in the garage of one safe house (Franklin's Aunt's) may not show up in the garage of a different safe house (Franklin's Vinewood Hills)."

It has been reported that GTA V has taken more than $1 billion (£624 million) in worldwide sales since being released on 17 September.

Rockstar suggested players should subscribe to their support site feed for automatic updates on the issue.

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter"

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sounds about right, I was expecting a patch to come out sometime soon regardless. After exposing the game to millions of people, bugs which made their way through testing are bound to show up. This garage issue, though I've never had any problems with it, is one of them.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by Prywante, 24 September 2013 - 12:13 PM.

I lost my car from aliens ...

AP3X-_-K1NG
  • AP3X-_-K1NG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

any news of a patch yet? i lost 2 very expensive cars from franklins garage. was mega pissed but didn realise it was a bug till spotting this topic

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

I lose every car I store in the garage sooner or later, and the car impound gives me cars that I didn't even drive, quite hilarious, you never know what you get for your $250 :D.

I have no idea how this bug made it through the testing.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'd have loved to keep Jimmy's BeeJay X in the De Santa Estate garage, would have been nice to have there. Parked the car in there, and it's gone.

There should be a little menu which allows us to change the default cars too. Eg. switching Michael's default Tailgater into a Rapid GT.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

5 years in the making, extended the release date, and they let a problem like this slip by? Can't wait to see what they screw up in GTA:O 

steveb07
  • steveb07

StevE

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Come on... they compensated you by allowing you to glitch-buy free properties ;))

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

5 years in the making, extended the release date, and they let a problem like this slip by? Can't wait to see what they screw up in GTA:O 

this is a FUCIKING huge game. You cant expect no bugs at all. come on dude,..

• SixGunzzRonnie likes this

AVLG
  • AVLG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah I've lost 2 really cool cars that I spent tons on. :(

DFW333
  • DFW333

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

How the hell did this make it past testing? This means that none of the testers, not a single one, put a car in a garage at any point in time, EVER.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hahaha what the f*ck. 5 years of development and they can't even get cars to save properly.

muskman
  • muskman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Customization is one of the key features touted by Rockstar and now is useless. This here is a actual game breaking bug.
  • AB0333 likes this

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Default cars can't disappear can they?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Customization is one of the key features touted by Rockstar and now is useless. This here is a actual game breaking bug.

Bravo, well said. I really, really hope they will patch that, it's quite disappointing and worrying.

I haven't played the game yet, so luckily no losses for me. I hope the bug will be gone by the time I get the game, still ultra hyped for it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

For some reason I can't even store my custom vehicles in any of the garages independent of the safe houses.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

We had dreams and songs to sing

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I noticed this. I parked a customised Sabre Turbo that I spent a bloody fortune on inside Franklin's Vinewood Hills apartment and it is nowhere to be seen!

DFW333
  • DFW333

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by DFW333, 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

this is a FUCIKING huge game. You cant expect no bugs at all. come on dude,..

No bugs at all? He isn't saying there shouldn't be any bugs. This is a HUGE bug that should have been caught. This is not like a glitch on the backswing animation during a tennis game, or a wall that can be walked through. Those ARE acceptable because there's no way to test every single point of every wall in the game or so minor that no one will give a crap about it. As someone else has said this is the key to making a primary, heavily advertised feature of the game worthwhile. This is on the level of not being able to make the phone call to detonate the bomb in the prologue mission thus being stuck there forever. Maybe not in terms of game playability, but in magnitude of "should have been caught" this is the freaking sun in the sky.

How many hundreds of people have played this game in testing from start to finish with 100% completion, some focusing solely on specific aspects such as car mods and mission completion? The only way none of them could have encountered this error is that no one ever parked a car in a garage and later tried to use it again.

• AP3X-_-K1NG likes this

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

All that time, all that time delayed, all that money earned, all that profit & they couldn't catch this easily replicated bug.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

It just surprised me that all the video game testers and reviewers never noticed this and reported it to rockstar... It's such a easy

bug to reproduce and it happens with your damn garage... That's one thing that everyone in gta uses.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Forever Bulking

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well, I only had that problem twice.

I had a Dominator in Michael's house and a Customized Adder in Franklin's house too, they both dissapeared, but if you load the game, they spawn again.

Weird glitch, so far I haven't lost any car forever.

AP3X-_-K1NG
  • AP3X-_-K1NG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Although iv noticed that if you save a game in one of the safehouses, sometimes thats when they disappear. And no amount of loading brings them back. Also a couple of times i have upgraded there default cars and after a random save that car has reverted to its original state. Love the game but feel this is a mega bug they need to patch asap 

marcelvaneijk
  • marcelvaneijk

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've got a similar problem,

Micheal's mansion garage won't open anymore

the car i placed inside also disappeared (pimped out lowrider)

btw

is there a place where you should let rockstar know about this?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

... Micheal's mansion ...

Why the hell you people say Micheal? It is Michael, M-I-C-H-A-E-L. HAEL not HEAL, for God sakes.

AP3X-_-K1NG
  • AP3X-_-K1NG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have tried contacting rockstar about this via email and twitter but have not received a reply at all.

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have tried contacting rockstar about this via email and twitter but have not received a reply at all.

They have already said they are looking into it and they cant get your cars back.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

You mean to tell me with all the testing and time it took to make the game NOBODY from Rockstar ever found this !!!

AP3X-_-K1NG
  • AP3X-_-K1NG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

well as long as they fix the bug thats the main thing. bit strange none of them picked it up before tho. I wonder if that bug will do the same online?

marcelvaneijk
  • marcelvaneijk

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by marcelvaneijk, 25 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Why the hell you people say Micheal? It is Michael, M-I-C-H-A-E-L. HAEL not HEAL, for God sakes.

it's for god's sake not god sakes

and somehow i fixed my problem,

when i was offline my garage wouldn't open

i've been offline on my ps3 for 5 days

now that i was online again the garage opened again and the car also returned

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by AB0333, 25 September 2013 - 04:49 PM.

it's for god's sake not god sakes

*It's

*God's

*God

*It's 'for God's sake', not 'God sakes'.

The first letter of a sentence is capital, and write the noun 'God' using a capital letter.

Also, learn how to use commas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users