Photo

GTA V Sucks! Here's why.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by sultangris, 09 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

actually it really does suck being stuck in 3rd person for shooting missions.  There are some places where you stand where you can see the guy and he sees you and shoots you but you try to aim at him and shoot him and the camera angle changes and you cannot aim at him for some reason, I dont really understand what the problem is exactly but its happend to me a million times where someone was shooting me but I entered aim mode and I could no longer see them, but i was still getting shot, really dumb for a shooter.  that and the clunky controls for walking around, i find it very hard to make my guy go where i want cause the stupid camera is pointing a different direction and you gotta press the stick a different way to keep going the same way,  I would love a "WALK f*ckING FORWARD, LEFT, RIGHT, BACKWARDS U f*ckING MORON" buttons.  how sweet would life be then?  And when I press the enter cover button how cool would it be if you entered cover on the wall you are standing next to instead of sprinting across a 10 foot game to get next to a wall in plain view of the guys shooting at you?  Lame lame clunky poor controls, piss poor for a shooter.  Not to mention when i try and grab something to climb it 50% of the time he jumps into the wall face first then falls down and rolls around and takes forever to get up instead of grabbing the ledge and climbing.  maybe different buttons for climb and jump? 

EDIT:  The gps issues and spawning issues and many other issues can easily be attributed to severe lack of processor power, these consoles are so old and outdated and slow even when they were new that there isnt much they can do about it, this game is so complex with so much going on they just dont have enough cpu power or ram or both.  Thats why when you are going really fast stuff spawns right in front of you or if you get out of your car and go around a corner or two and come back your car is gone.  they just dont enough power to keep the whole game live and can only do a small part centered around your character, and when they need more power to do something else, the car you got out of a block ago has to disappear, during police chases and whatnot with even more going on sometimes it disappears if you turn around, lol!  A game such as this would be much better suited to a PC but the hardware required costs easily 4 or 5 times what a console costs so then lots of people would be unable to spend that much on a gaming system and be unable to play, a huge downside for rockstar because they wouldnt sell near as many copies of the game at 60$ a pop or have as many people playing online buying cash cards, but it would be a huge upside for the dedicated hardcore gamers because most of the 12 year olds would be gone and it would be far easier to put together competent groups to play missions, lol!   Also you could have much larger sessions if you wanted instead of being limited to 16 players only, but map size is a limiting factor as you wouldnt really want too many people on a small map getting in each others way all the time.

larrdogg2000
  • larrdogg2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

well i hope the ps4 and xbox one version can fix some of those limitations, i pre ordered my copy for my ps3 a month ago before even knowing much about it, i just assumed it was gunna be awesome. definitely gunna wait for reviews on the ps4 version before buying it to see if its even worth it, hopefully it can do more than the ps4 version. And not too confident in the next game, even if it is another 5 years away, kinda feel let down on this one, I was excited for a year waiting for it and it didn't deliver what I expected, still a fun game but hoping for some patches or upgrades from Rockstar to make the game better. There are alot of 5 year old games that have better gameplay that were released before Rockstar even started developing this one. A huge map is cool, but if the gameplay sucks who cares. maybe next time use multiple smaller maps that you have to take a train or plane between while the computer loads the map, maybe then it could handle better gameplay.   

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by NeedleBanger, 12 October 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Are you kidding me man? You didn't even point out the MAJOR flaws of GTA 5. There's no way in hell this game gets a 10/10.

1. THE CONTROLS ARE SH*T!!!!!! Every single aspect of the controls in this game (aside from driving) are horrible. The character movement is horrendously sloppy, I push left and the character goes right etc. Deathmatches are painful due to the sloppy controls. The driving is alright but everything else control-wise sucks complete ass. Even sloppier controls than max Payne 3, which I thought was dreadful. Shooting while driving is a complete joke, how hard would it have been to map "aim" to L1, and "shoot" to R1?!?!?!?! f*cking idiots. There's no crouching, and they actually regressed from San Andreas with the analog controls.

2. The vehicle customization is complete bullsh*t. Wow, for a bunch of guys who pride themselves on Midnight Club mod racing, you idiots sure f*cked this one up. It seems like the more expensive the car, the less there is to do to it. You can have a chrome paint job, but you can't have chrome rims. What the f*ck is going on?!

3. You can't interact with dick sh*t in the environment. You can go inside 1% of all buildings. Rockstar seriously thought it was going to be fun to put golf, tennis, & darts in this game??? What a bunch of retards. How about pool, surfing, skateboarding (Bully), kayaking/canoeing, online hunting where it's not completely pointless, etc. You can't even wheelie a quad, but you can wheelie a boat. This just keeps getting dumber.

3. The cops stay on you for way too long. It's ridiculous. 1 flashing star will stay on you for what seems like an eternity, definitely long enough for you to start thinking this game is just plain stupid. Before you know it, the FBI is chasing you for blowing a stop sign.

4. The STUPID hospital bills - ya these are real cool at 2-3 grand a pop. What a f*ckin joke, this is where 3/4 of my earnings go.

5. The piss-poor frame rate.

6. The relentless glitches & bullsh*t that come along with a rough draft game that hasn't spent enough time being polished, like this one.

7. Enemies appear out of thin air all the time in all game modes: deathmatch; survival; missions; freemode; etc. What the hell is this, 1989 original Nintendo? You idiots can't even respawn the enemies out of my line of sight?! Impressive.

8. You can't ride a bus. You can't ride in a cab/train in 1st person view. Hmmm, I seem to remember having that option in the last 4 gta games...

9. You still can't ride in the box of any pickup trucks, wouldn't want you having too much fun now. It would be possible too if Rockstar didn't purposely make it so the tailgate flops down if anybody tries riding in the box. We're allowed to stare at nipples & commit mass murder, but riding in a truck box is a definite no no. Same with dropping hand grenades out of helicopters - seems to work perfectly fine from a moving car, but it's not going to happen from a helicopter! 

10. You should be able to connect any kind of off-road vehicle (atv, dirtbike, seadoos, etc.) to its corresponding trailer, and attach the trailer to any truck/SUV. Why the hell not?! Such simple things, like the ability to simply sit down on a bench, would have left so much realism in the game. Once again, Rockstar has managed to create a big beautiful world with f*ck all to do in it. Why would you come that far with the game world, just so we can drive our poorly upgraded cars through the streets and mindlessly shoot each other over & over.

Those are just a few things I could come up with off the top of my head, but I could name a million more bullsh*t problems if I thought about it for 5 minutes. I love all you GTA dick suckers out there too. "Oh my god he is insulting our God & lord - GTA 5, whom of which there is absolutely nothing wrong with, nor will there ever be!! GTA 5 sh*ts gold, and I pleasurably devour every morsel with glee!" Ya you would, you morons. You can't tell the difference so your opinion is void & completely useless for starters. It's because of idiots like you people that there's no quality control in this dying market.

• lincolnimp, PkUnzipper and larrdogg2000 like this

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

you whining little peasant, get out of my sight nobody gives a flying f*ck.

I immediately thought of Vlad from GTA 4 when I read this! LOL

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by NeedleBanger, 12 October 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Hahaha my favorite thing ever is when people say things like that. "Stop whining you peasant" hahahaha!

ooooook, let's just take whatever's given to us (desolving products worldwide) with a big fat smile on our faces and never even second guess, let alone question, the flaws & fallbacks of the product. Let's not even bring it to the attention of others, that the product may have ridiculous problems that could have easily been fixed/solved if the company would have retained their previous title of "Innovators", as opposed to "Immitators". Most of these idiots who suck GTA 5's dick haven't even been on the planet long enough to compare it to its predecessors properly (San Andreas, Vice City, GTA 3), let alone compare those prequels to great games that came out even before they did (1990s). I'd say that's how a person would get the best idea about what's going on in the gaming industry; to have been there from the beginning & to have paid attention to developer's fine tuning all along the way. It's kinda like the evolution of gaming, and I can safely say we are in a period of major regression at the moment. Not to take anything away from the mind-blowingly massive & detailed world of GTA 5, but it sure as hell isn't a godsend. It would have been so simple to put GTA 5 into legendary status, but we can't be having millions of people in the world getting more than what they paid for now ($60), that idea is just plain & simply out the window. Thanks corporations!

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DONT PLAY THE GAME." - Ya, I couldn't hear you idiots say that the first 9 million times cause you were all on your knees with your mouths full of Rockstar's cock.

• sqre and larrdogg2000 like this

presauk
  • presauk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Worst GTA. I thought IV was too much movie over game play. This one is ALL movie with occasional button pushing.

Half an Hour to load in the my PS3 (disc).

Dumped into an action scene right at the start. Then Movie again, <Mission Failed> a little game play, MOVIE AGAIN... <Mission Failed> Repeat <Mission Failed> ...

Realisic Graphic then Cartoons and back again. MOVIE again....

GTA San Andreas had crude graphics but at least a person could PLAY the game.

I knew the Hype was going to be too much, but this is really the pits in game play.

No Enjoyment At All <Mission Failed>. Where the hell is the free roam <Mission Failed> In designing this game they out did themselves with all the "Features" and forgot about the Playing.

At least in GTA: San Andreas there was a real reason for <Mission Failed> and not all that frequently.

GTA: "V" <mission failed>.

I know right? You should try heavy rain or maybe indigo prophecy... ;P

presauk
  • presauk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by presauk, 12 October 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Are you kidding me man? You didn't even point out the MAJOR flaws of GTA 5. There's no way in hell this game gets a 10/10.

1. THE CONTROLS ARE SH*T!!!!!! Every single aspect of the controls in this game (aside from driving) are horrible. The character movement is horrendously sloppy, I push left and the character goes right etc. Deathmatches are painful due to the sloppy controls. The driving is alright but everything else control-wise sucks complete ass. Even sloppier controls than max Payne 3, which I thought was dreadful. Shooting while driving is a complete joke, how hard would it have been to map "aim" to L1, and "shoot" to R1?!?!?!?! f*cking idiots. There's no crouching, and they actually regressed from San Andreas with the analog controls.

2. The vehicle customization is complete bullsh*t. Wow, for a bunch of guys who pride themselves on Midnight Club mod racing, you idiots sure f*cked this one up. It seems like the more expensive the car, the less there is to do to it. You can have a chrome paint job, but you can't have chrome rims. What the f*ck is going on?!

3. You can't interact with dick sh*t in the environment. You can go inside 1% of all buildings. Rockstar seriously thought it was going to be fun to put golf, tennis, & darts in this game??? What a bunch of retards. How about pool, surfing, skateboarding (Bully), kayaking/canoeing, online hunting where it's not completely pointless, etc. You can't even wheelie a quad, but you can wheelie a boat. This just keeps getting dumber.

3. The cops stay on you for way too long. It's ridiculous. 1 flashing star will stay on you for what seems like an eternity, definitely long enough for you to start thinking this game is just plain stupid. Before you know it, the FBI is chasing you for blowing a stop sign.

4. The STUPID hospital bills - ya these are real cool at 2-3 grand a pop. What a f*ckin joke, this is where 3/4 of my earnings go.

6. The relentless glitches & bullsh*t that come along with a rough draft game that hasn't spent enough time being polished, like this one.

7. Enemies appear out of thin air all the time in all game modes: deathmatch; survival; missions; freemode; etc. What the hell is this, 1989 original Nintendo? You idiots can't even respawn the enemies out of my line of sight?! Impressive.

8. You can't ride a bus. You can't ride in a cab/train in 1st person view. Hmmm, I seem to remember having that option in the last 4 gta games...

9. You still can't ride in the box of any pickup trucks, wouldn't want you having too much fun now. It would be possible too if Rockstar didn't purposely make it so the tailgate flops down if anybody tries riding in the box. We're allowed to stare at nipples & commit mass murder, but riding in a truck box is a definite no no. Same with dropping hand grenades out of helicopters - seems to work perfectly fine from a moving car, but it's not going to happen from a helicopter! 

10. You should be able to connect any kind of off-road vehicle (atv, dirtbike, seadoos, etc.) to its corresponding trailer, and attach the trailer to any truck/SUV. Why the hell not?! Such simple things, like the ability to simply sit down on a bench, would have left so much realism in the game. Once again, Rockstar has managed to create a big beautiful world with f*ck all to do in it. Why would you come that far with the game world, just so we can drive our poorly upgraded cars through the streets and mindlessly shoot each other over & over.

Those are just a few things I could come up with off the top of my head, but I could name a million more bullsh*t problems if I thought about it for 5 minutes. I love all you GTA dick suckers out there too. "Oh my god he is insulting our God & lord - GTA 5, whom of which there is absolutely nothing wrong with, nor will there ever be!! GTA 5 sh*ts gold, and I pleasurably devour every morsel with glee!" Ya you would, you morons. You can't tell the difference so your opinion is void & completely useless for starters. It's because of idiots like you people that there's no quality control in this dying market.

@1 if you struggle so much with the controls (that whole push left go right thing is worrying) maybe take apart and clean your controller because that sounds more like a hardware issue... Also try and find the right controls config for you or consider grabbing GTA V for PC if you simply hate the gamepad (which is what seems to be the case here)...

@2 this isn't Forza or Gran Turismo... Seriously go trade in your copy of GTA V for Forza or GT if you simply MUST have chrome rims...

@3 OK 1% is pretty serious exaggeration and I mean it makes less sense for you do home invasion in GTA V if that's why you want to enter so many buildings (these guys are freaking pro thiefs/arms dealers/repo-men) I already think it's pretty wierd that they can knock over convenience stores (but hey if you need chump change...) Perphaps you should try the BMX bikes (good substitute for skateboards or trade in your copy of GTA V for Tony Hawks Wasteland...). Also you are right that cops are way more vicious now but hey if you want realism get used to that and also it seems like you haven't realized that the cop cars have vision cones and that these can be obscured by hiding in the bushes or out of the vision cones... Again if you have issues with avoiding the cops might I suggest yet another trade (superman 64 has no cops for example...)

@4 Kirby's Epic Yarn or the Lego Series have no hospital bills... You can't die...

@8 with regards to the bus? I'm pretty sure you can ride a bus...

@9 you seem so concerned with realism in some comments but you want to drop grenades out of heli? Yeah okay there bud... You realize that helicopters don't have roll down windows right? Not to mention that attack helicopters which come with freaking missiles mean that helicopters already come with explosive offensive abilities.

@8/9/10 much of that again seems trivial and the sort of thing people might consider to be a nice little addition to the game; 1st person trains, riding in a truck box, sitting on the beach, driving and attaching a trailer... But why are these MAJOR flaws (BTW I thought the capslock was nice touch) emphasis on your calling it MAJOR.

I'll give you this... @5-7 I mostly agree with you but seriously bro.

I'll gladly do a trade for you with any ONE of the following~ Tony Hawk's Wasteland, Superman 64, and Kirby's Epic Yarn or Lego Games, GT or Forza for your GTA V copy...

I think this is a reasonable trade for a man of your distinguished tastes...

presauk
  • presauk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

To all the people giving so much hate to the guys making a simple complaints post, wouldn't u be a bit disappointed if battlefield 4 removed the destruction? or COD not include the ability to jump over an object? or ur fave sports game not include ur fave teams? to us these issues kinda bring down what would be a near perfect game, and if no1 ever complain we would never see anything better. All we can hope for is that some 1 from R* sees these sorts of posts and created a dlc to give what i see as a large percentage of customers, are asking for, as i can see that 90% of complaints seem like they would be an easy fix or easy enough to add in

Indeed I would be upset if battlefield 4 removed destruction... Or if I cared about sports or if I couldn't bunnyhop in the COD games I don't actually play... But it's not like they removed police response from GTA V or made you play as a cop. There is nothing missing from this game that makes it a GTA game... Plain and simple. People are disappointed that Rockstar and most game devs lack mind-reading capabilities. In our day and age gamers are put simply, entitled. R* has delivered a product that's great given the direction it is going in. If this isn't the direction you want the series to go in there are sooo many open world games out there to try (literally everyone who misses the zaniness of San Andreas can go try saints row or just cause 2 or saboteur and etc... Better yet go work for R* or develop your own magnus opus which you seem convinced will eclipse what R* has put out. Yes everything I've said has been said before but ask yourselves why then do people bother saying it again? Obviously some people aren't heeding this simple advice. Face it GTA V is great at accomplishing what it set out to do... And as I recall some  battlefield fans (the old school ones) played battlefield games without destruction so yeah I think they could live without it...

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

To all the people giving so much hate to the guys making a simple complaints post, wouldn't u be a bit disappointed if battlefield 4 removed the destruction? or COD not include the ability to jump over an object? or ur fave sports game not include ur fave teams? to us these issues kinda bring down what would be a near perfect game, and if no1 ever complain we would never see anything better. All we can hope for is that some 1 from R* sees these sorts of posts and created a dlc to give what i see as a large percentage of customers, are asking for, as i can see that 90% of complaints seem like they would be an easy fix or easy enough to add in

Indeed I would be upset if battlefield 4 removed destruction... Or if I cared about sports or if I couldn't bunnyhop in the COD games I don't actually play... But it's not like they removed police response from GTA V or made you play as a cop. There is nothing missing from this game that makes it a GTA game... Plain and simple. People are disappointed that Rockstar and most game devs lack mind-reading capabilities. In our day and age gamers are put simply, entitled. R* has delivered a product that's great given the direction it is going in. If this isn't the direction you want the series to go in there are sooo many open world games out there to try (literally everyone who misses the zaniness of San Andreas can go try saints row or just cause 2 or saboteur and etc... Better yet go work for R* or develop your own magnus opus which you seem convinced will eclipse what R* has put out. Yes everything I've said has been said before but ask yourselves why then do people bother saying it again? Obviously some people aren't heeding this simple advice. Face it GTA V is great at accomplishing what it set out to do... And as I recall some  battlefield fans (the old school ones) played battlefield games without destruction so yeah I think they could live without it...

That was 8 years ago, no they couldn't live without it anymore.

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Presauk - why don't i do a trade with your mom? Look at all you losers leaning back and opening your throats to Rockstar's throbbing cock hahahahahahahaha! You guys have no f*cking brains! It's plain & clear in your responses. "DUUUUHHH, I take what is given to me with big fat smile on me face, me have no brain power to think  things to improve, me no know what improve is..." Have fun living in a world full of imitators (like yourselves) while the innovators shake our heads as we watch the destruction from high ground. You people remind me of welfare cheque collectors - no brains in the world, but you think you know & seen it all, hahahahaha!!!!!

"All I want in the new GTA 5 is the EXACT same thing I've had in the last 4 titles - a massive non-interactive world, driving barely-modified cars around in circles, shooting at each other pointlessly, cop chases, and missions. That's it. If R* adds anything outside of those parameters then I will be seriously unhappy!"

- Ya, your input & opinions are crucial buddy! You must be a genius because Rockstar obviously listened to you.

if you aren't having serious problems with the terrible controls (the actual controls' response, not the mapping, you idiot) then how f*cking long have you been playing the game? Have you even tried a deathmatch/survival? Because it only takes 1 round to realize how unresponsive the controls are. Oh I forgot, if you say 1 bad thing about R* they'll take their dick out of your mouth and shove it up your ass.

Shooting while driving isn't a major problem to you? Wasting a clip by spraying it out the window while you're trying to lock onto an enemy is innovative? You're trying to tell me that there was no way R* could improve this (among many, many other simple glitches)? 

My favorite: "IF YOU WANT CHROME RIMS, PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME!" Hahahahahahahahahaha!! Ooooook, don't even point the question towards R*... You just immediately backlash at somebody for mentioning it? hahahaha! 

Chrome cars, but no chrome rims? And it's my fault for asking? Hahahahahaha oh man this industry is going nowhere, LOOK AT IT'S BRAINLESS CONSUMERS!!! They'll buy anything under the sun and call it gold, and then defend it with their lives like it's their child or something. I would literally pay $50,000 to be locked in a room with 1 GTA creator & 1 GTA fanboy.

• sqre, AtomicPunk and Jonhudd like this

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by NeedleBanger, 12 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

That one guy is right, GTA 5 did exactly what it set out to do: MAKE MONEY. That's all this was.

Order Of Importance:

#1. R* Profits

#2. R* Corporate Enterprising

l

l

l

V

and in a distant #3. R* GTA 5 game

It was never their main objective/intent to make the best video game of all time & near future. Their main objective was to MAKE MONEY, and they obviously succeeded  that goal. What would you really expect when the  R* boardroom/investors are carbon copies of the douchebags  from Dragon's Den. Those old f*cks don't play these  games, they ONLY care about the money that can be made from the product & off the hype. That's why the old saying is relevant here, "You get what you pay for, and not an ounce more."

its this stupid business model that has a stranglehold on basically every consumer product these days, and the reason why we haven't seen a masterpiece game in a very long time. "Can't have a masterpiece going out the door for only $60, the loss in profits would be a crime!"

To to get the type of games I am expecting (considering it's 2013), the developers would probably have to charge $120/game under their current bullsh*t business model. "Well if they want more content & better games, we'll just have to jack up the price! It's the only way our corporation will allow it!" 

Go f*ck yourselves in a hole and die. I'm not buying into your drip-feeding business model bullsh*t. I'm so happy I don't have kids so they don't have to grow up in this sh*t.

Million bucks says PS4 sucks. Xbox One will flop. And why? Because of the sh*tty games. Don't believe me? Remember the Wii-U? I don't.

• lincolnimp likes this

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Presauk - if you haven't found a single thing wrong with the controls so far, from the bad button mapping (ie. shooting while driving), to the game's sloppy controls' response, then you must be one of the dumbest people on that planet. The controls aren't a MAJOR part of the game? Umm, ok.

It seems like these days the only thing that matters is the advertising campaign. "Duuuuuuhhh, the what?" You know, the only solitary thing that sells most video games these days, cause it sure as f*ck isn't the faulty-70%-rough draft-gameplay.

If you're too much of a follower to voice an opinion of your own, then sit down, and shut up.

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

TBH I'm having more fun with SR The 3rd then GTA V. More action...no loosing money when u die...easier access to helicopters and to parachute off...easier to get rid of wanted level. Although V def excels in graphics/story and characters.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equiped

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 3 crashes on a bicycle and you're dead.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

Way too many little things for it to be an accident. It's shady business and I won't support them after this.

Look at all the recent NSA/prism stuff... If you think rockstar isn't making money on more than just microtransactions, you're an idiot.  Play the friend request/life invader mission a couple of times and look at the data farming stuff they're rubbing in our faces.

I was under the impression rockstar would be combining good elements from all their games, not just prettying it up and then stifling/throttling the control you have over everything...

Wow, you saved me a lot of text, I agree to everything you say 100%, but you forgot that when picking up prostitutes, they offer a $70 & a $100 service as being the same. What happened to the "hand j*b" like in GTA4?  lol

I hate it that taxis never stop near you and in crossing the street to get to it, even though I looked both ways and no cars are near,  I still get hit by a suddenly spawned car, like in GTA4. (Sick sense of humour)?

I hate it that when switching character in an attempt to buy Stock before the price drops, the character I switch too is being chased by the cops (Trevor) and by the time I get away from the cops and try to buy Stock, the prices have gone too high. WT*.

I hate that there's no option to buy all possible Stock with all the money available and by the time I bought all I can, the Stock prices have gone up and even a few cents, it adds up to a couple millions in lost profit. WT*.

I hate that the characters keep changing clothes, even after 5 minutes I switched back and forth. What's the eff point of buying clothes?

I hate that there's no option to choose a car as the "Default Car". I would surely prefer the Aston DB5 (James Bond's) as my Default, then I can use the Spikes when being chased by cops.

I hate that the $90.000 car I just bought and spent $100.000 + in upgrades as disappeared and nowhere to be found (safehouse/garage/inpound) ???

I hate that we don't have the list of mission prompts before starting the mission. It's annoying trying to read a prompt/message (barely readable) while being shot at from all directions = killed!!

I hate that even by using the Sniper Rifle with a Suppressor, from a mile away or more, I get a wanted level 2 seconds after the shot!

I hate that the Scuba Gear is available only on the Submarine or the Dinghy, and of course, I can NOT by an eff Dinghy, and also the eff fact that the scuba gear is removed automatically as I step on ground. WT*.

What if I want to walk around in Scuba Gear?

I hate that the boats have no eff ancors and by the time I re-surface, the boat is nowhere to be found. (drifted up R* a*s)?

I hate that I can NOT float-dive in reverse nor be able to sink deeper without the underwater "Sprint" that takes me way too far and I have to go a mile away before I can return to the position I was in.  WT*. No lead weights available in R*'s world?

I hate that if I'm being attacked by a Cougar/dog, i'm fu**ed because there's no Defence Botton.=Killed!!

I hate that I have to go buy eff Armour all the times. Why can't it be available at Safehouses (at a bulk discount co$t perhaps)?

I hate that ..... To Be Continued...... (haven't been Online yet, so ......

BTW, we all have the right to our opinions and hate of the game. If anyone feels like hating on me for all I mentioned so far, don't bother, go hating on your ....... mirror?

I

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Roxx83 - "I can't believe people are complaining. Play GTA4 then play this one. Far more advanced in every aspect. No game is perfect. Stop complaining about trivial things and enjoy the experience."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Does your mother know what a bitch you are?! You are a perfect f*cking example!

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

This game may have psychic cops and pedestrians that call the cops on you for honking too much.

But I got to steal a cargo plane and then skydive out of the back when the fighter jets shot it. That was too cool. I like this game, despite all the flaws.

BloodJunkie
  • BloodJunkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by BloodJunkie, 18 October 2013 - 07:35 AM.

The cops in this game piss me off to no end. I absolutely agree with whoever said they stay on you way too long, and I often find I`ll get bumped up to two stars for no reason.

The worst so far was getting to almost the very top of Mt.Chilliad(which took a while) and I killed an unaware mountain climber(with a silenced pistol..). Next thing is I have a star and 2 cop cars spawn directly behind me from behind a boulder and one spawned ON TOP of the mountain. It made absolutely NO SENSE. Later I stealth killed a cop(AKA stabbed him in the jugular right in front of 3 pedestrians in broad daylight) and stole his car and I got no star at all.

There are so many things that make no sense that make the game unenjoyable. It was great today when I hit a pole not even anywhere close to top speed and died in mid-air!(The f*ck is that about?). If it would at least even let me watch the death I wouldn't have minded so much. The extremely shortened wasted screen is probably still my biggest gripe of all.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Original poster has some revolutionary ideas. *Rolleyes*

presauk
  • presauk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by presauk, 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Not once did I ever say the game was faultless in fact I agreed on some of the points you made. However when you provided your list and said to another poster "you did not even point out the MAJOR flaws" I assumed that everything you were going to post would be well... A major flaw... Chromes rims are maybe a nice addition but they prolly don't detract from the game for ALL players which is what I think defines a major flaw... Furthermore when I criticized your definition of a "major flaw" I only referred to items 8 through 10 from your list;that was the bit about the rims, RVs, lying down on the beach (it's why I placed @8-10 before I started discussing these points). For the most part these little details aren't major flaws... Flawed controls would be a major flaw but as I said I didn't run into any of the problems you reported myself (nor do I hear much about them from the rest of the community of my friends who play the game; nor does the issue come up in several let's plays I have watched or played in) and so I can't speak for all players but when I push the control stick left I always go left (not to mention this seems to be an area where everyone is divided so I expect that a lot of people will disagree with us both on this matter). Finally the mere fact that I dispute some (not all) of your claims is proof that I am possessed of a brain and the capacity to argue and disagree. I only disagreed with those points that I felt were irrelevant to the enjoyment of the game for most people. Your controls issues could be a purely subjective matter since it can also be influenced in part by the console you play on and the quality of your controller etc...). 

Also calling me brainless and then pulling stuff out of your mouth like a "trade with your mom" or the random ass fellatio crap (without having any means to determine my sexual interests) isn't making a case for my lack of maturity or the people who simply choose to disagree with you. Was I dickish in my earlier post? Probably! Does that mean that everything I said was invalid? Unlikely! As for me being an imitator and you an innovator? What exactly have you innovated? Here you are on an online forum disputing with a complete stranger on the matter of your mutual disagreement on the weaker parts of a video game... Like that's never been done before! Innovators would actually go out and DO something about it, maybe develop a new game or at least provide constructive feedback to R* with proper evidence of the flaws they have found! No you are not an innovator just deluded.

Also WTF is the stuff below about? Really how do I remind you of welfare cheque collectors? You don't even know me and I'm not exactly siphoning your tax dollars into my bank account! How do you not sound worse than a GTA fanboy for saying this sh*t? Also that second paragraph who honestly came up and said this stuff cuz it wasn't me or anyone else who disagreed with you...

"DUUUUHHH, I take what is given to me with big fat smile on me face, me have no brain power to think  things to improve, me no know what improve is..." Have fun living in a world full of imitators (like yourselves) while the innovators shake our heads as we watch the destruction from high ground. You people remind me of welfare cheque collectors - no brains in the world, but you think you know & seen it all, hahahahaha!!!!!

"All I want in the new GTA 5 is the EXACT same thing I've had in the last 4 titles - a massive non-interactive world, driving barely-modified cars around in circles, shooting at each other pointlessly, cop chases, and missions. That's it. If R* adds anything outside of those parameters then I will be seriously unhappy!"

- Ya, your input & opinions are crucial buddy! You must be a genius because Rockstar obviously listened to you.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Some of you sound like you've never played a GTA game until this one.

Maybe learn the game and how it works before complaining and making yourself seem like someone who didnt even take the time to LEARN.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

GTA V reminds me of Windows 7 going to Windows 8

Hey heres a great idea .. lets get rid of how the majority of people use the OS, lets completely remove the start menu - yeah great Fcukin idea.

R* have lost the plot in terms of game design

Yoga is a joke addition - they took out good elements and replaced with sh*t

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

f*ck you're an idiot Presauk. Neither you, nor your friends have found anything wrong with the unresponsive controls (or a f*ck-load of other things in the game)? Well that speaks volumes about you and the people you hang out with. What a bunch of mindless f*cksticks.

Back this one up Presauk: What is the purpose of allowing people to only purchase a SINGLE property online? Not even a condo & a garage at the same time? And to make matters worse, R* thought it was acceptable to have an absolutely IDENTICAL interior for every condo valued over $200,000? ... Oh that's not a major flaw, no...

*******Don't even get me started on the real SCAM here - trying to charge people REAL money for FAKE in-game currency. That is overstepping your boundaries big time R*, especially when GTA 5 f*cks you out of nearly every dime at every second (cops that murder you for nothing, pointless hospital bills, glitches, overpriced vehicle mods, condos that are identical but double the price, etc.).

THQ GOING BANKRUPT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

Put it like this: let's draw a line and put all the GTA 5 haters on one side, then put all the GTA 5 dick suckers on the other side. I'll bet it would take about 3 seconds to determine which side the brains are coming from. And all these rich R* pieces of sh*t are thinking, "Ha ha ha we are the ones with the brains because we obviously won!" Ya R* it really counts as winning when you fool the world into buying your CRAP game based off your previous resume. 

** To the  R* boardroom & investors: Basically the world was relying on you to deliver the ONE LAST HOPE we have been patiently waiting for, and you f*cked us. Instead you have sent us a message that hope is lost and we should stop wasting our time with videogames, because everything released from here on out is going to be complete sh*t. 

This is what happens when you let the poison of a corporation enter an arts-based industry. The corporations swooped in a decade ago and what you're seeing is the cancer-stricken suffering victim (videogame industry) trying to survive. It's all over but the crying, and believe me, there's gonna be plenty of that!

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sorry you feel this way, although understand that Grand Theft Auto V represents years of hard work, thought, and overall dedication from an experienced team of dedicated developers who have learned how to properly use and manipulate current-gen hardware to create massively ambitious game titles. Grand Theft Auto V is an extremely ambitious game with an incredible amount of high aspirations, especially for it being available to play on current-gen hardware such as the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Technical complications and issues should be expected with a game like this, but understand that this is a really special game to the gaming community.

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by NeedleBanger, 19 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Designmafia - Youre saying that we should learn to work around Rockstar's millions of glitches & bullsh*t? No thanks, this is 2013 and we shouldn't have to suffer through crap like this anymore. Clearly nobody tested this game before it came out, and if they did then they either worked for R* or were paid to shut up about it. Do you know how easy it is to fix the f*cked up problems this game has while it's still in development?! Half of this sh*t is just plain bad/sloppy/lazy code writing. They didn't even go back and fix half of their f*cked up code before the game began production. There's so much evidence that they just steamrolled patch-codes over the old rat's nest glitches before the game's release.

R* Boardroom prior to release:

"Ya don't go in and properly fix GTA 5's problems, that would be too costly & time consuming! We would lose 0.001% profits by fixing the game, and none of us will tolerate that!!"  - Thanks again corporations! Drip-feeding us fake ass sh*t & mind-f*cking us into thinking it's somehow equal to oxygen. Goes to show the always-growing number of retards on the planet will buy pretty much anything if the advertisement is convincing enough!

How hard is it to manufacture a product that actually works these days, seriously??!!??!!!!

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Ya sure buddy, GTA 5 represents a f*ckload of time & hard work spent on making an extremely detailed open world, and who in their right mind wouldn't commend you on that. But with all the rough edges & glitches, and all the things that weren't in the game but should have been, mixed with the corporations' obvious black hand invisibly shoved up this game's ass and ultimately anybody's ass who's too dumb to see it coming (paying real money for fake in-game money), this game went from the 90%s to the 70%s in a severe hurry. 

It took you guys 4+ years to created a game that 100,000s of people are dissatisfied/bored/unhappy with in a month, and had you listened to 1 intelligent person's input you would have found yourselves in a much different situation. But let's not kid ourselves, their one & only goal was achieved on the opening week: MONEY! Who gives a f*ck about the rest, right?!

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Seems like some people have no idea on how games are created and how hard interactivity with npcs are on massive open worlds. I admit, there are problems but there will always be in games. If I was running it, I would have done some things different for sure. Like Yoga for example, I don`t really see the reasoning of having a activity like this. 

The problem is that there is no games with open worlds that come close to this. Nothing. Saints row or sleeping dogs are so far behind on certain things, but some of them have cool ideas as well. Like the fighting system in sleeping dogs. Or the character customization in saints row 3/4. 

If you really want to get down to it, I am sure you can find issues and trouble you have with the game, it`s very rare that games will do everything exactly as you wanted it too. Games will only get better with time, and take it for what it is. If you look at how the game reacts, the animations, the audio, the graphics and compare them too San Andreas, the difference is huge. If this game was designed with pc in mind and only that, you would have gotten more varied vehicles, more npcs on screen, better draw distance and probably, a much bigger world. We have to limit our expectations, if you buy into the hype you will easily be dissapointed.

A great example is how your car could get impounded. It sounded great when they first told about it, but in reality you just go to own spot, and you get a menu where you pick up your car. But when you first hear about it, you imagine some repo guy coming and taking your car, and an office with cut scene when you pick up your car.

Same can be sad about the lack of interiors, there would be much more if they had more memory and graphical power to work with. 

I am not defending them, this goes for all companies. Manage your expectations, that is all I can say. I have seen so much hype and bla bla over the years about games and I can tell you, there will always be disappointment from people, in the same way that people will praise it and love it. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Obvious troll thread is obvious!  :catspider:   :miranda:

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Where is the money going that people give you when they purchase fake money with their real money?? Whoever has that funnel sticking out of their pocket must be laughing their ass off right now. People are actually giving R* more money in return for fake money, money that R* (not the Federal Reserve) created on a desktop computer.  As a consumer, you literally can not get any stupider than that.

R* your f*ckin game sucks and I am sick to death of running from these ridiculous police. It's not fun. Having the cops come after you every 9 seconds is not fun, no matter what the scenario is. Whoever put that in the game is an idiot. Golf? Tennis? Yoga? Dog walking? Wow just look at the people rushing to get their hands on those activities! Hunting would have been half decent but R* sure f*cked that up! ATV/Dirtbiking could have been phenomenal but R* sure f*cked that up! Even with full driving skill, every time you hit a bump your character flies over the handle bars like a 4yr old girl with training wheels. It gets even worse when you hit a massive jump and explode on the landing. How stupid do you have to be to think that it's a good idea to blow up somebody's ATV/dirtbike/4x4 because they hit too big of a jump while off-roading??! Then they leave you stranded in the middle of a mountain. You're trying to tell me that nobody could improve this while the game was being developed? Bitch please. 

R* Corporation:

"There is absolutely no way we're letting people have TOO much fun now, not unless they start coughing up more money!"

You guys should have quit while you were ahead, Red Dead Redemption kicked ass (asides from minor issues with the controls).

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

"Play something else then..." Uhuh, ya I know. See how we're going in circles here?

pudcrud
  • pudcrud

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

I don't get it, were you intending to persuade us to not play the game because its sh*tty, or to play it because its perfectly made for morons like us who enjoy sh*tty things?

I didn't like the game Pokemon Snap, but I didn't go on pokemonsnapforums.com and post about how sh*tty it is. I didn't because I knew it was sh*tty and people wouldn't like it so they wouldn't buy it, and that the market would sort itself out without any input by me. See the thing is, with opinions about products, if the people don't like the product, they won't buy it. You can't convince people to like or dislike something any more than you can convince someone to be attracted to another person.
You seem to have some need to convince people that this game is sh*tty, but why? What is at stake for you if GTA V succeeds or fails? Unless you are making a competing title, or are morally opposed to the game or games or electricity or whatever. But I don't think you are. I think you're just some aspergers dork, with no social skills who thinks common ground can be gained with other humans by forcing your views upon them.

I've had the game since launch, I still enjoy it. If that makes me a moron, at least I'm a happy moron, and not some bellyaching jizzbag trying to make people hate whatever is popular.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users