- No gore
- No crumbling brick walls
- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars
- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.
- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equiped
- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.
- terrible car/plane/bike handling
- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw
- 3 crashes on a bicycle and you're dead.
- No camping like in RDR.
- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.
- the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.
- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you
- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.
- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.
- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.
- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.
- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.
- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2
- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.
- people catch fire like magic
- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.
- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury
- Near-invisible reticle
- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.
- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline
- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.
Way too many little things for it to be an accident. It's shady business and I won't support them after this.
Look at all the recent NSA/prism stuff... If you think rockstar isn't making money on more than just microtransactions, you're an idiot. Play the friend request/life invader mission a couple of times and look at the data farming stuff they're rubbing in our faces.
I was under the impression rockstar would be combining good elements from all their games, not just prettying it up and then stifling/throttling the control you have over everything...