Let's be realistic: GTA V is nowhere near the size or scope of San

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic
Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Let's be realistic: You don't appreciate what you've been given, and obviously want the world from Rockstar. Sorry if they didn't give you CJ back, and that you can't make Michael fat. I'll tell you 'hwat, trolling is bad, mmkay?

What the f*cking hell does this have to do with anything he said? 

Everything.

These SA fanboys are all the same, They don't or can't appreciate any GTA game besides SA, All they want is another SA over and over and over again.

Nostalgia is a terrible drug as it blocks all forms of rational thought.

You're a retarded f*ck.

He never said he didn't like GTA V and never said anything about CJ or michael's fat, just the scope of the map and he was completly right, the fanboy here is you and I'd suggest you quickly take out whatever's stuck in your anus and wake up to what GTA V really is. 

Do you think, if OP wasn't Dick over Balls for SA, He would've made this thread? Besides, What I said still stands true, The SA Fanboys only ever want another SA, Over and Over again, Until it happens they won't stop complaining about every GTA release afterwards.

no, san andreas actually does FEEL bigger because of its lacking draw distance and the fact it has three different cities and therefore its countryside is a bit more diverse around them.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

A lot of the sides of Mountains are rather steep making most of the countryside inaccessible, thus leading to the perceived notion that V is smaller than SA.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

no, san andreas actually does FEEL bigger because of its lacking draw distance and the fact it has three different cities and therefore its countryside is a bit more diverse around them.

Hop on top of MT Chilliad, look down towards LS and just take in the Scope of V.

Its an incredible View.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hop on top of MT Chilliad, look down towards LS and just take in the Scope of V.

Its an incredible View.

i know. i agree. V is obviously bigger. it's just understandable to see that some people would still think SA is bigger, because indeed, it does often feel like that at times.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Its an incredible View.

i know. i agree. V is obviously bigger. it's just understandable to see that some people would still think SA is bigger, because indeed, it does often feel like that at times.

A mix of Draw distance and the Snaking freeways between the major areas.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 10 October 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Let's be realistic: You don't appreciate what you've been given, and obviously want the world from Rockstar. Sorry if they didn't give you CJ back, and that you can't make Michael fat. I'll tell you 'hwat, trolling is bad, mmkay?

What the f*cking hell does this have to do with anything he said? 

Everything.

These SA fanboys are all the same, They don't or can't appreciate any GTA game besides SA, All they want is another SA over and over and over again.

Nostalgia is a terrible drug as it blocks all forms of rational thought.

You're a retarded f*ck.

He never said he didn't like GTA V and never said anything about CJ or michael's fat, just the scope of the map and he was completly right, the fanboy here is you and I'd suggest you quickly take out whatever's stuck in your anus and wake up to what GTA V really is. 

Do you think, if OP wasn't Dick over Balls for SA, He would've made this thread? Besides, What I said still stands true, The SA Fanboys only ever want another SA, Over and Over again, Until it happens they won't stop complaining about every GTA release afterwards.

I strongly despise GTA SA and I still thought the same as the OP, it has nothing to do with fanboyism. it's the point itself, the map is not even close to being bigger than RDR+SA+LC combined.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

I strongly despise GTA SA and I still thought the same as the OP, it has nothing to do with fanboyism. it's the point itself, the map is not even close to being bigger than RDR+SA+LC combined.

49 square miles. Just do some maths.

28+14+7= 49.

Is it bigger than all combined? No, But it is as big as all combined.

Even then, it is still MUCH MUCH bigger than SA.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Minimal draw distance makes San Andreas feel bigger than V for you. That's why.

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by xreppiz, 10 October 2013 - 11:14 PM.

gta5 only have 1 big city. it would be better if it have 3 big city like SA.

was hoping future gta will be like this:

iQw2k.jpg

• jptawok likes this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by jptawok, 10 October 2013 - 11:21 PM.

iQw2k.jpg

Holy f*ck where did you find this, and why don't you work for R*

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Holy f*ck where did you find this, and why don't you work for R*

no i just found it on google heheh

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

iQw2k.jpg

Maybe on the gen after next-gen

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 11 October 2013 - 12:26 AM.

lol

0HmwkkD.jpg

See? R* bullsh*ts about a lot.

• Smaher. likes this

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 11 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

I would have got here sooner, but for some reason I spend a lot of time playing the game.

This is my accurate "mathematical" size comparison of these maps based on the units of distance travelled you get on each game's stats screen, matched to the scale of units included on the V map.

9719249342_3b7675001a_o.jpg

The area of GTAV's island, including interior water and detailed coastal underwater, is over 20 square miles.  The area of SA+IV+RDR landmass is also just over 20 square miles, excluding areas that "don't count" which would be water and unexplorable border land in RDR.

How you count RDR matters, because if you count everything you can see, then RDR is 17.4 square miles, but if you count only where you can go, then RDR is 6 square miles. You can arguably also count SA's water since it too had underwater swimming, which adds another 2.75 square miles, but this underwater was nowhere near as detailed as V's.

EDIT: here is all of RDR's terrain, usable and not, to show where the 17.4 square mile measurement comes from, since it is not the same area as the on-screen map's borders.

voxHJjg.jpg

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

los santos again has a lot of dead space

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Suck a diccccck

Gtfo

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

i liked the distinction of different areas. This is one big blob and i have no interest getting lost in the mountains when my car dies. 

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I posted facts from rockstar and game experts, you posted opinions. To prove that GTA 5 maps bigger fly a heli across and time it. GTA 5's map took me 4:42 seconds San adreas took me only 1:30. SA is tiny. As for redamption rockstar proved it.

JayAkuma
  • JayAkuma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just shut up and play the game. Whiners gonna whine. 

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by hellyeah3:16, 15 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

My only real gripe I have with the map is that Los Santos should've been WAY bigger than it was. But I have to say they did a great job with the area outside the city.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

I think travel ability, map depth, and scope all have to be taken into account here.

For isntance.. Skyrim and RDR are both huge maps... for games where you are limited to horseback travel. This being said. It takes me longer to ride my horse from the corner of RDR to the other corner than it does for me to drive my sports car up the PCH and back around to LS.... Because of this LS seems smaller then other games..

But San Andreas.. you could do the same thing. I feel San Andreas had a bigger "scope" meaning it depected a bigger space. (3 cities... San fran, LA, and I dont know what the 3rd was suppose to be.... but GTA V made a bigger map... with a smaller scope.. You have LA and the Coachella area... plus the bay up north which reminds me of Eureka CA. So even though V is BIGGER in actuality, it is representing a smaller area.. giving it the smaller feel..... 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

The reason many people say GTA V map is small are very easily answered. 

One reason: The draw distance on V is so good that it makes the map feel smaller then what it really is. In SA the draw distance was so bad  that it made Los Santos feel HUGE. 

Second reason: 1 city in V. GTA SA had 3 cities with 3 difference countrysides. It made the game feel so huge. All GTA V has is one above decent city with a lack luster countryside with nothing to do. 4 small towns that are not worth going to. 

Third Reason: The missions in SA made us go around the whole state of San Andreas. First to Los Santos then to Angle Pine then red country then to San Fierro then to bone country and to Las Ventures then back down to Los Santos. While V was Los Santos, to countryside, to Los Santos to countryside to Los Santos for the last time. 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Download this mod for GTA San Andreas: http://www.gtagaming...s/misc-mods/965

And then say that GTA San Andreas has a bigger map than GTA V.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

One reason: The draw distance on V is so good that it makes the map feel smaller then what it really is. In SA the draw distance was so bad  that it made Los Santos feel HUGE. 

Second reason: 1 city in V. GTA SA had 3 cities with 3 difference countrysides. It made the game feel so huge. All GTA V has is one above decent city with a lack luster countryside with nothing to do. 4 small towns that are not worth going to. 

Third Reason: The missions in SA made us go around the whole state of San Andreas. First to Los Santos then to Angle Pine then red country then to San Fierro then to bone country and to Las Ventures then back down to Los Santos. While V was Los Santos, to countryside, to Los Santos to countryside to Los Santos for the last time. 

Have you seen the video of SA with 10x draw distance? I laughed actually how small it made SA look. It's possible to see SF, LV and LS from flying in the middle of the map in all corners.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Have you seen the video of SA with 10x draw distance? I laughed actually how small it made SA look. It's possible to see SF, LV and LS from flying in the middle of the map in all corners.

I saw that video before and I was shocked in how small GTA SA is. Still many of my friends believe SA is bigger because of the bad draw distance in the game. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

I saw that video before and I was shocked in how small GTA SA is. Still many of my friends believe SA is bigger because of the bad draw distance in the game. 

Many of your friends need a slap to bring sense back into them.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

Coming to think about I like what the guy above said in regards to scope. I'm not an American, but the area GTA V represents is only a few miles right? SA represented a whole state while GTA V only represents part of a state. GTA V is more realistically scaled though. The heavy use of mountain ranges probably doesn't help a lot either with that feeling. Infact I think the mountains mask the map up a bit.

It's still a huge map, but I'm understanding where people are getting this "feeling" from.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

It's quite simple, OP. You're just wrong.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Put the area of RDR, IV, and SA together and you have the map size of V's land, not to mention the ocean has a lot to be seen and isn't counted.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Download this mod for GTA San Andreas: http://www.gtagaming...s/misc-mods/965

And then say that GTA San Andreas has a bigger map than GTA V.

Dat ignorance, tho. You can see the entire map of the game at good height. Or LS from the top of Mt. Chiliad. Or better yet, Mt. Chiliad from the top of U.S. Bank. 

So, that is invalid.

• Smaher. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users