Let's be realistic: GTA V is nowhere near the size or scope of San

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic
Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

This thread seems to be an exercise in futility, it appears.

JW599
  • JW599

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by JW599, 26 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Mmm, putting IV into it, it's very much how the maps are designed.

In IV, you can drive from the top to the bottom of the map under 1 minute if there was an open road - but there isn't, notice how you come out of Star Juncion at speed, the roads are blocked making you drive further?

In GTA V, notice how much faster you are going through Los Santos with those large open spaces to get around traffic?

Just imagine for a moment, if the GTA IV map was duplicated to match the size of V? It was take many more times longer to drive across than the well designed V map.

Personally I like the map of V. It takes ages to explore on foot or driving along side roads, but isn't a "oh, I can't be bothered" moment when you have to drive across the whole map as the freeways are nicely laid out.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

its five times as big as red dead redemption.

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Size refers to landmass, content, and detail. The 3rd is true but the 1st 2: V doesn't come close. You can travel full circle around V's world relatively quick regardless of fast your vehicle is in comparison to GTASA. SanFierro was bigger than LS is in V. And if anyone counts the ocean floor than you are just depressing me because a giant detailed pit of dark uselessness is not worth considering. You might as well count the sky as part of that size ratio.

Of Course RDR seemed larger because there were no cars at all and travel took time but SA was bigger. It is just absurd that people actually fool themselves into believing that draw-distance can trick you, sure if you are a 5 year old but in reality it isn't hard to see that V is a small, small world

Ok there buddy. The 3 cities combined aren't even as big as LS.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Size refers to landmass, content, and detail. The 3rd is true but the 1st 2: V doesn't come close. You can travel full circle around V's world relatively quick regardless of fast your vehicle is in comparison to GTASA. SanFierro was bigger than LS is in V. And if anyone counts the ocean floor than you are just depressing me because a giant detailed pit of dark uselessness is not worth considering. You might as well count the sky as part of that size ratio.
Of Course RDR seemed larger because there were no cars at all and travel took time but SA was bigger. It is just absurd that people actually fool themselves into believing that draw-distance can trick you, sure if you are a 5 year old but in reality it isn't hard to see that V is a small, small world

Considering R* have consistently included the ocean in their statements it's definitely a fair point to make.

It's simple SA is not the size of GTA V. Why even contest it? Actually I looked at my PC SA map and it put further emphasis how much bigger GTA V's really is.

You're delusional friend if you believe that rubbish you posted.

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

R* said it was 3.5x RDR without including ocean, 5x including it. But that's pure bullsh*t either way. It's about 1.25x San Andreas or 1.5x RDR at best without ocean, which is just wasted space anyway which should've been used on interiors.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

SA's LV, SF and LS fits into the area of V's LS.
RDR map fits into the area of V's blaine county.

No ones going to take my consideration into account?

Like someone said you cant base it of driving because width of roads, lengths and number of corners. Speedvaries from game to game and car to car. The only true test is to walk the distances in each gta and rdr as well and then compare.

If GTA games included spedometers this task would be simple.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

You could cross LS from the one side to the other in less than 40 seconds in SA, it takes several minutes in V.

Replay SA please, stop being delusional! 

• IDAS Leader likes this

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

R* said it was 3.5x RDR without including ocean, 5x including it. But that's pure bullsh*t either way. It's about 1.25x San Andreas or 1.5x RDR at best without ocean, which is just wasted space anyway which should've been used on interiors.

1.25x? Oh really?

• IDAS Leader and rahsmoov18 like this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

1.25x? Oh really?

Haha, this video makes SA look even more ridiculous as it already is or was :D Awesome. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

1.25x? Oh really?

Lol

You can basically see everything from the middle of the map.

Bloody hell that video makes it look small.
  • dyz likes this

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

1.25x? Oh really?

Haha, this video makes SA look even more ridiculous as it already is or was :D Awesome. 

Yes its ridiculously small in comparison to V.

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

SanFierro was bigger than LS is in V.

What? Please....just please get off this forum!

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 26 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

GTA V uses the new mile system. It takes a good, what... 7 minutes to hit the top of the map?

Funnily enough, me and a friend were talking about it so I knocked up a quick video. Show's the difference of getting from one place to another and how easier it is in older videos. Don't mind the music and the dancing and stuff. Just a few inside jokes. I hadn't intended to really show this to anyone. It was a test between me and someone else.

• rahsmoov18 likes this

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

stupid OP and stupid post

you can see the entire small map on SA in here

san andreas was small as hell and I felt that way so get over it. GTA V is like 10x bigger than SA and youre telling me SA is bigger, get the f*ck out,now.

/thread

• IDAS Leader likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

SanFierro was bigger than LS is in V.

What? Please....just please get off this forum!
The stupid thing is LS in SA is the biggest city so he's basically saying SA's LS is bigger too.

I swear some of these SA lovers drink the bong water.
  • IDAS Leader likes this

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

GTA V uses the new mile system. It takes a good, what... 7 minutes to hit the top of the map?

Funnily enough, me and a friend were talking about it so I knocked up a quick video. Show's the difference of getting from one place to another and how easier it is in older videos. Don't mind the music and the dancing and stuff. Just a few inside jokes. I hadn't intended to really show this to anyone. It was a test between me and someone else.

It probably takes less time in SA to run from south to north than in GTA V with the fastest car.

GTA V map isn't huge, we all know that already, for the haters it's never enough though. I spent nearly 50 hours with the game and I still didn't explore everything in the map. Just yesterday I found 

Spoiler
, and I was pretty sure I've seen everything, it still surprises me.

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Let's be realistic idiot, Google is one click away.

Redamptions map is 28 sqaure miles

SA map is 13.9 Square miiles

LC is 7 square miles

gta 5 MAP is 49 square miles. It's been proven Time and Time again, but yet GTA SA fan boys like you want to lie about everything

Its' not even biggier than the Los santos part.

gtav-map-sa.jpg

• rahsmoov18 likes this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I flew heli over both maps, and GTA 5 map was longer 

• rahsmoov18 likes this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by rahjee, 10 October 2013 - 02:27 PM.

It probably takes less time in SA to run from south to north than in GTA V with the fastest car.

GTA V map isn't huge, we all know that already, for the haters it's never enough though. I spent nearly 50 hours with the game and I still didn't explore everything in the map. Just yesterday I found 

Spoiler
, and I was pretty sure I've seen everything, it still surprises me.

Let's be realistic idiot, Google is one click away.

Redamptions map is 28 sqaure miles

SA map is 13.9 Square miiles

LC is 7 square miles

gta 5 MAP is 49 square miles. It's been proven Time and Time again, but yet GTA SA fan boys like you want to lie about everything

Its' not even biggier than the Los santos part.

gtav-map-sa.jpg

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

gtav-map-sa.jpg

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Some days i honestly wonder why SA Fanboys genuinely believe SA's map is bigger. Can someone, anyone shed light on this for me? Before i stroke out trying to understand it.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Let's be realistic: You don't appreciate what you've been given, and obviously want the world from Rockstar. Sorry if they didn't give you CJ back, and that you can't make Michael fat. I'll tell you 'hwat, trolling is bad, mmkay?

we werent givin gta v,we payed,so stfu,if you pay you have the right to complain

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by jptawok, 10 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

All the people who mention the ocean floor should go jump off a f*cking cliff.  Don't even act like that's a playable part of the game aside from boring easter eggs and some dumbass collectibles.  If you're counting that, count SA's "ocean floor" too.

gtav-map-sa.jpg

I dont believe for a second that this is accurately overlayed.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

The map in GTA V is huge, there is no question about that. The main problem is that I just don't think there is enough to do within it,compared to how huge the map is. There is only so much hunting, off-roading, bike riding, flying and other leisurely activities one can do. Let's not forget that this is a game about crime-orientated action. 

I really don't think Rockstar should have opted for a huge map with all that countryside and wilderness in V, it just was not really needed for a GTA game if you ask me. The underwater part was fine, but I just don't see the need for all that space on the map that had not much use. If anything, they should have used their resources and time to add much more accessible interiors like the fast food restaurants, hospitals and much more, put in more side missions like gang wars, drug dealing, mini-heists to rob small banks, put in other stuff like gambling, there could have been a wealth of things more to do. 

A second city at least would have been better rather than all of that countryside and wilderness, maybe San Fierro or an in-game version of San Diego, more to the main storyline could have been added there. I'm now even beginning to think a Las Venturas would have been not such a bad idea too. 

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 10 October 2013 - 02:46 PM.

Let's be realistic: You don't appreciate what you've been given, and obviously want the world from Rockstar. Sorry if they didn't give you CJ back, and that you can't make Michael fat. I'll tell you 'hwat, trolling is bad, mmkay?

What the f*cking hell does this have to do with anything he said? 

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Everything.

These SA fanboys are all the same, They don't or can't appreciate any GTA game besides SA, All they want is another SA over and over and over again.

Nostalgia is a terrible drug as it blocks all forms of rational thought.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Everything.

These SA fanboys are all the same, They don't or can't appreciate any GTA game besides SA, All they want is another SA over and over and over again.

You're a retarded f*ck.

He never said he didn't like GTA V and never said anything about CJ or michael's fat, just the scope of the map and he was completly right, the fanboy here is you and I'd suggest you quickly take out whatever's stuck in your anus and wake up to what GTA V really is. 

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Everything.

You're a retarded f*ck.

He never said he didn't like GTA V and never said anything about CJ or michael's fat, just the scope of the map and he was completly right, the fanboy here is you and I'd suggest you quickly take out whatever's stuck in your anus and wake up to what GTA V really is. 

Do you think, if OP wasn't Dick over Balls for SA, He would've made this thread? Besides, What I said still stands true, The SA Fanboys only ever want another SA, Over and Over again, Until it happens they won't stop complaining about every GTA release afterwards.

EscobarVice
  • EscobarVice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I sort of agree, outside of the city it's just mountains... and mountains... and more mountains, I think three mountains would have been enough.

I miss all of the small towns in the country that San Andreas had, so if you're in the middle of nowhere there's always a small town that you can get health, weapons etc in. I don't want to complain too much, because V is an amazing game with an amazing open world, there's just a few things that are a bit of a gripe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users