• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic
Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Loving the people who disregard the underwater section, have you actually been there? And explored a lot of the neat little wrecks and treasures? Probably not.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

what? you guys are nut's this map is like 4 times bigger thanPs2's San Andres and like 100 times more detailed.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hmm, well, I call BS on you calling BS. 

It IS a bigger map. It IS a bigger game. It has MORE CARS, MORE PEDESTRIANS, MORE DETAILED BUILDINGS, BETTER LIGHTING/AMBIENT SOUND. 

I could go on for hours about they've made huge improvements to the physics of not only the cars, but the people. How they've written very thoughtful and cleverly constructed dialogue and layered tiny stories from outside the main game around the side to make the city and inhabitants more reactive, responsive and engaged with the world they're in. 

I could also just say STFU, but that's lame. But seriously bro, STFU. 

Another butthurt fanboy who won't admit that GTA V is stripped down, incomplete game whom Cockstar wants to milk it for motherf*cking GTA Online.
  • Raspy likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

For the last time, San Andreas' map was small.
The cities were tiny, the countryside was compressed, area 69 took up half of the desert and it takes 1 minute to drive from LS to LV. Don't believe me? Try it out yourself.
  • IDAS Leader likes this

sm1thy17396
  • sm1thy17396

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

*sigh* I really don't know how people can still say SA is bigger than GTA V but whatever. GTA SA was not that big at all, it just seemed big because the draw distance was crap. In V you can see the whole map from pretty much anywhere you stand because the draw distance is really good so you think it's not as big because you can see everything but really it's huge. Los Santos alone is about the same size as LC from IV and then you've got the big ass countryside and desert.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by brian., 24 September 2013 - 08:12 AM.

You can't disregard the water, momo. The quote itself considered it. It includes all interiors, the overworld, and the water explorable areas - when they said the size, they were referring to all three.

This game is f*cking MASSIVE compared to san andreas in every way. 

The only reason you think San Andreas is bigger is because draw distance lets you see a lot further in GTA V and it isn't being fogged out and made to artifically look large and vast. It LOOKS large and vast, but it's a trick in San Andreas. Whereas, it really is large and vast in GTA V, and the draw distance is improved so much that you think it's smaller.

You can drive through SA fast as hell, especially fly. And you can seem like you went far, because fog artificially limited your view.

But in V, you can look across the map, get in a plane, and take a while getting there - without a fog unveiling something right next door, instead you can watch yourself get closer and closer to a point that takes a while to reach.

In every conceivable way, including perspective, San Andreas is a smaller game than GTA V.

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Guys the only way to test this is one way... Take a bike and drive from one end to the other on both games. :0

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

You can't disregard the water, momo. The quote itself considered it. It includes all interiors, the overworld, and the water explorable areas - when they said the size, they were referring to all three.

The only reason you think San Andreas is bigger is because draw distance lets you see a lot further in GTA V and it isn't being fogged out and made to artifically look large and vast. It LOOKS large and vast, but it's a trick in San Andreas. Whereas, it really is large and vast in GTA V, and the draw distance is improved so much that you think it's smaller.

You can drive through SA fast as hell, especially fly. And you can seem like you went far, because fog artificially limited your view.

But in V, you can look across the map, get in a plane, and take a while getting there - without a fog unveiling something right next door, instead you can watch yourself get closer and closer to a point that takes a while to reach.

In every conceivable way, including perspective, San Andreas is a smaller game than GTA V.

But who really gives a f*ck about the water? It just empty space wasted on this game. I would Cockstar discard the ocean floor and put in another city, another 200 missions and thousands of side missions (that should in-game already, not going f*cking going online to get it) and hundreds of enterable interiors while freeroam, not just in missions. Cockstar has sold out when they say rest of the good bits are online, that's f*cking bullsh*t.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hmm, well, I call BS on you calling BS. 

It IS a bigger map. It IS a bigger game. It has MORE CARS, MORE PEDESTRIANS, MORE DETAILED BUILDINGS, BETTER LIGHTING/AMBIENT SOUND. 

I could go on for hours about they've made huge improvements to the physics of not only the cars, but the people. How they've written very thoughtful and cleverly constructed dialogue and layered tiny stories from outside the main game around the side to make the city and inhabitants more reactive, responsive and engaged with the world they're in. 

I could also just say STFU, but that's lame. But seriously bro, STFU. 

Another butthurt fanboy who won't admit that GTA V is stripped down, incomplete game whom Cockstar wants to milk it for motherf*cking GTA Online.

I'm not butthurt at all. I'm really enjoying this game, more than any GTA I've played before. 

Bear in mind, you're getting 2 games here. For the price of one. 1 fully featured story with 70+ missions, one online game with 500+ missions. But you'll need friends to play online, so I guess that kind of counts you out, right?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

But who really gives a f*ck about the water? It just empty space wasted on this game. I would Cockstar discard the ocean floor and put in another city, another 200 missions and thousands of side missions (that should in-game already, not going f*cking going online to get it) and hundreds of enterable interiors while freeroam, not just in missions. Cockstar has sold out when they say rest of the good bits are online, that's f*cking bullsh*t.
Now I'm convinced you haven't gone near the underwater area, to say its empty space is just ridiculous.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Now I'm convinced you haven't gone near the underwater area, to say its empty space is just ridiculous.

So what do you see underwater in GTA V? Fish? Shipwrecks? f*ck, I could do that in real life! Where I live we got one of world's best diving spots. But in GTA, I want to do things that I could not do in real life: mass murder, being a gangster, having shootouts with cops etc. This is a real bad move by Cockstar.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

It took longer to explore SA because of three citys and it took longer to find all hidden packages. If you include all missions and everything I would say that SA is a bigger game and it takes longer to get 100%. But map size it's hard to say. If San Andreas is 13.9 sq miles then I would say GTA V is about 15-17 sq miles so it's very big. I mean Skyrim's overworld is about 6 sq miles and people thinks that is a huge map, so SA and V is very big in comparison.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

So what do you see underwater in GTA V? Fish? Shipwrecks? f*ck, I could do that in real life! Where I live we got one of world's best diving spots. But in GTA, I want to do things that I could not do in real life: mass murder, being a gangster, having shootouts with cops etc. This is a real bad move by Cockstar.
Holy sh*t, can a mod just ban this f*cking c*nt already? He's clearly a wannabe troll because his mummy didn't let him buy GTA V

Shahin177
  • Shahin177

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm sure if RockStar updated San Andreas with them present GTA V, it would be bigger. Put into consideration the age of the software used to make the game. I think San Andreas is the best of the series but my all time favorite was Vice City. GTA V was a great game, it was well polished and put in consideration the budget for the game if you want to make a senseless argument.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Let's be realistic: You don't appreciate what you've been given, and obviously want the world from Rockstar. Sorry if they didn't give you CJ back, and that you can't make Michael fat. I'll tell you 'hwat, trolling is bad, mmkay?

It's almost as if your game world feels empty when you hold back 80% of the content for online mode. Who'd of thought?

Shahin177
  • Shahin177

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

It took longer to explore SA because of three citys and it took longer to find all hidden packages. If you include all missions and everything I would say that SA is a bigger game and it takes longer to get 100%. But map size it's hard to say. If San Andreas is 13.9 sq miles then I would say GTA V is about 15-17 sq miles so it's very big. I mean Skyrim's overworld is about 6 sq miles and people thinks that is a huge map, so SA and V is very big in comparison.

last time I checked we don't fly planes is Skyrim but good argument

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

lmao forget about Skyrim, that's a f*ckin RPG for f*cks sake, gameplay is slow as f*ck, you have loading screen after every f*cking door, and every NPC has like 20 polygons compared with the very well detailed and interactive NPCs from GTA

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

san andreas had bad draw distance. it was tough to get a true feel for the game. on my way to mt. chiliad i looked at the alamo sea, and it looked over half the size of liberty city without its ocean.looking at the size of it on my map, it looks like the map can fit atleast 7 alamo seas. and again about how san andreas had only 1 mountain.the huge mountain ranges ( have you explored them yet, because they make the map feel huge) in GTA V, if you take their perimeters, i bet they might be atleast very close to liberty city, and they feel a lot bigger to me.i feel like this game might very well be as big as san andreas, liberty city, and RDR combined.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Do these people feel clever with that whole Cockstar thing? Holy sh*t...

Insane Elite
  • Insane Elite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

GTA V is definitely a lot more bigger than San Andreas lol. GTA San Andreas felt big cuz -1. The draw distance was not as good as GTA V, 2. The whole map is not unlocked right at the start, but in GTA V the whole map is unlocked. In GTA V there's a massive city as well as a countryside, huge mountains and mountain ranges, fully explorable sea floor and what not.

Look at how long it takes to drive around the whole map: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=h0daw7SIr90

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

First of all, getting 100% doesn't mean you actually explored and found everything. There are way more than 50 random encounters for example, yet you only need 14 (or 16) for the 100%. Same with the strangers and freaks missions, if you log in to social club and go to the missions tab you can see what I mean. The 100% stat this time doesn't mean anything, it's very confusing, it doesn't even include the hidden stuff either, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Now, why do you think that GTA  V is about 15-17 sq miles when we all know it's 49 sq miles? It's A LOT bigger than SA, the scale is completely different, just go and put in GTA SA and drive on the highway, GTA SA didn't really have an authentic highway, you were in the next city after driving for 30 seconds, heck, with the fastest car in GTA V it takes nearly 3-4 minutes to drive from Paleto to downtown Los Santos, and that at night and without traffic. For comparison: It took only 30 minutes in GTA SA to walk around the map once, GTA V will take a few hours at least.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

on pc we'll be able to remove the water and replace the landmass under with more countryside

i think the underwater bit was abit of wasted space

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

The map is bigger .. Go play the oldies this maps hudge with island itself the water, flyable air space, plus the graphics and everything going on. Yeah its a big improvment. f*ck you 12 year olds complaining its sad!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well, from what I have seen, it indeed look smaller than San Andreas map. But look at how detailed it is ;)

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I think in San Andreas everything was a lot smaller. The streets were narrower, the houses were tiny, the biggest skyscrapers were still really small. You could fit a lot more things together in San Andreas. The city was bigger, but it wasn't larger.

Each city in San Andreas was actually about the size of GTA IV's Dukes borough. According to this map (http://imgur.com/XOYzKOm - I'm not sure if it actually works out or not) V's San Andreas is around the size of two Dukes, and the countryside is three times the size of San Andreas. - Although none of those measurements are anything more than feelings, and they're based on non-official map comparisons, so take that with a grain of salt.

SpaceOmega
  • SpaceOmega

Protecting your ass, killing some others!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Didn't even read your thread.

Learn to measure sizes.

San Andreas of the HD Universe is much bigger than 3D's San Andreas.

It might not seem to be but, take into account the caves, tunnels, big ass mountains etc...

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by topdownshooter, 24 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

OP is retarded. GTA V is 10x the game SA is. Better graphics, more vehicles, better missions, more side activities, more customization options, ocean, property management, better gameplay, races etc. I could go on and on.

If you can't recognize V as the best GTA game ever there is something wrong with your brain.
  • Sneakerhead. likes this

chestycougth2
  • chestycougth2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Did they say that it just "feels" bigger? No, they meant that it is actually bigger. They just have a greater draw distance than in San Andreas so you are actually able to see how everything is interconnected and everything is on a much larger scale than before (for example mount chilliad takes up quite a portion of the map and there is only 1 very massive city rather than 3 small ones)

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

OP is retarded. GTA V is 10x the game SA is. Better graphics, more vehicles, better missions, more side activities, more customization options, ocean, property management, better gameplay, races etc. I could go on and on.

If you can't recognize V as the best GTA game ever there is something wrong with your brain.

THIS 100%  :^: 

GTA V has improved on just about everything from SA, the "GTA V is nowhere near the size or scope of San Andreas" is bullsh*t, the game is bigger than SA in everything.

• Romario likes this

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Title got cut off. It's supposed to read: "Let's be realistic: GTA V is nowhere near the size or scope of San Andreas."

(Note before you read this: I'm not knocking GTA V. It's an awesome game. But there were some very ballsy proclamations about the size of the map.)

Like, the proclamation was that GTA V is bigger than San Andreas, IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined. I have hundreds of hours logged into GTA San Andreas, and I'm calling bs on that. I'm calling bs on the first claim, nevermind the other two.

I just don't see it. I've just beaten GTA V so I've been around the map a good few times. Maybe from a technical, mathematical standpoint GTA V is bigger. But translated into actual player perspective, there's just no way. I spent extensive time in the countryside in San Andreas. Angel Pine (The little town in the bottom left of the map) was completely cut off from the rest of the world. Completely. Cut. Off. If the claim was made that GTA V was the size of Los Santos + Northern Red County + Las Venturas from San Andreas? I'd believe you, because that's reasonable. But there's simply no way GTA V's wilderness trumps the size of Back o' Beyond, Whetstone, Bone County, Mount Chilead, Blueberry, and Red County, and etc.

I feel like an idiot for standing up against the mathematics, but something isn't being taken into account. We are missing something, and I don't know what it is.

Take a stab if you agree?

If im not mistaken the underwater part also counts as part of the map size, it goes out kinda far and all along the coast so if you add that in together too it brings the size up quite a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users