559 replies to this topic
Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

http://postimg.org/i...j6w4yp0sx/full/

Also please take the time to look at each of these supposedly overlayed maps. Then do me another favour and pick out the dams on both maps, you will quickly notice that the dam on GTAV is tiny and the dam on SA is pretty easily picked out. Now I've looked at both dams in game and I'll be honest and say I don't think one is vastly bigger than the other, but please correct me if in fact the SA dam is 3x the size of GTAVs dam.

I've used your pic to make comparison between piers:

fbvr.jpg

They are almost the same size here,

bxbg.jpg

Not the best pic, but good enough to see that SA pier is way smaller.

http://postimg.org/i...j6w4yp0sx/full/

Also please take the time to look at each of these supposedly overlayed maps. Then do me another favour and pick out the dams on both maps, you will quickly notice that the dam on GTAV is tiny and the dam on SA is pretty easily picked out. Now I've looked at both dams in game and I'll be honest and say I don't think one is vastly bigger than the other, but please correct me if in fact the SA dam is 3x the size of GTAVs dam.

I've used your pic to make comparison between piers:

fbvr.jpg

They are almost the same size here,

bxbg.jpg

Not the best pic, but good enough to see that SA pier is way smaller.

Case closed,

end to this thread

• Jackson T likes this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

SA feels bigger because in 5 you can see for miles where the view range in SA was fairly short.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

if you play GTASA withouth that fog in the distance, you can easily see the whole map from its center and realize it is really small.. in GTA V i lept from a chopper at the horizon limit over paleto bay, and could see LS at a much greater distance than the borders of GTASA.. we can easily see that in your pics above, how close Mt Chilliad is to the city. the draw distance fooled us into believing the world was bigger that it actually was. thats the intention.

Just because you can see whole map doesn't mean the map is small, in GTA V you can see the whole map as well so whats your point?

You'll notice that in SA that everything is close together. While in V,  you can tell how far away everything is.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by daliakiller, 25 December 2013 - 04:01 PM.

if you play GTASA withouth that fog in the distance, you can easily see the whole map from its center and realize it is really small.. in GTA V i lept from a chopper at the horizon limit over paleto bay, and could see LS at a much greater distance than the borders of GTASA.. we can easily see that in your pics above, how close Mt Chilliad is to the city. the draw distance fooled us into believing the world was bigger that it actually was. thats the intention.

Just because you can see whole map doesn't mean the map is small, in GTA V you can see the whole map as well so whats your point?

that's not what i meant to say.. the draw distance in gta sa gives you the impression of the game being larger. if you remove the "fog" that cover our view to the whole map, you can clearly see that gta sa actually is a lot smaller than gta v. i have modded my gta sa to 10x draw distance, and could see the borders of the map, all four of them. and i could safely say what i have said before. draw distance makes the world look bigger than V's, while it not actually is.

SA feels bigger because in 5 you can see for miles where the view range in SA was fairly short.

@zielarz119 this guy explained in fewer words what i ve meant to say.

Madzuk
  • Madzuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

The map is good, but its underwhelmingly disappointing. The map size on GTA5 did not justify only having 1 city compared to san andreas like people claimed. i'd even say just cause 2 has a bigger map than gta 5, just a shame that game actually sucks

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

that's not what i meant to say.. the draw distance in gta sa gives you the impression of the game being larger. if you remove the "fog" that cover our view to the whole map, you can clearly see that gta sa actually is a lot smaller than gta v. i have modded my gta sa to 10x draw distance, and could see the borders of the map, all four of them. and i could safely say what i have said before. draw distance makes the world look bigger than V's, while it not actually is.

even with great draw distance SA map is still big

GoFarKid15
  • GoFarKid15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

The map is good, but its underwhelmingly disappointing. The map size on GTA5 did not justify only having 1 city compared to san andreas like people claimed. i'd even say just cause 2 has a bigger map than gta 5, just a shame that game actually sucks

I prefer a smaller map for GTA V because the map have a lot of detail, every street is unique, every shop and bar is unique, you go to the beach and you can see a lot of people in swimsuit, you can go to a river and see a couple of fishermans, you are in the mountain and you see dirt bikes and excursionist, you can enter in a shop and you can see the mark of the products, posters with advertisings... I don't see two buildings equal

In Just Cause the map is bigger because it's something like

Create 50 types of buildings

Create a tool for roads

Create a tool for forest/jungle

Create a tool for snow

Create a tool for desert

Create a tool for water

Terraforming

Create 50 NPC skins

Create 10 skins of enemies

Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste,

And there you got, a massive map, repetitive and empty, I played a ton of hours Just Cause 2 and i'm playing lately with the online mod, i'm not a fanboy/hater, i like both games

• John Smith likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Let's be realistic it's high time to lock this thread.
  • Jackson T and daliakiller like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

It is bigger than all of the 3 maps.

It may be bigger than the 3 maps separately, but bigger than the 3 maps combined - I don't know in which movie store I can rent that movie.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

I prefer a smaller map for GTA V because the map have a lot of detail, every street is unique, every shop and bar is unique, you go to the beach and you can see a lot of people in swimsuit, you can go to a river and see a couple of fishermans, you are in the mountain and you see dirt bikes and excursionist, you can enter in a shop and you can see the mark of the products, posters with advertisings... I don't see two buildings equal

In Just Cause the map is bigger because it's something like

Create 50 types of buildings
Create a tool for roads
Create a tool for forest/jungle
Create a tool for snow
Create a tool for desert
Create a tool for water
Terraforming
Create 50 NPC skins
Create 10 skins of enemies

Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste, Copy Paste,

And there you got, a massive map, repetitive and empty, I played a ton of hours Just Cause 2 and i'm playing lately with the online mod, i'm not a fanboy/hater, i like both games

I Love this Comment.

Markhayzy
  • Markhayzy

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

You only realise the scope of this game when you try walking around the map. I walked from the mouth of the river at Raton canyon to the Alamo sea it took forever and that's not even quarter of the map, I put it to anyone to try and walk the whole way round the circumference and come back here saying its small

• John Smith likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

i don't consider mountain ranges to be a part of the game map unless there is something to do there besides take up space lol

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't think the OP is belittling GTAV'S map. He's merely saying San Andreas FEELS bigger. Obviously the math debunks any REAL comparisons, but I DO agree that at times San Andreas has a FEEL that it is larger than it actually is. I think PART of the reason is the lack of roads in the wilderness and countryside, as well as the pop in. You could run for a while and new scenery keeps popping up ahead of you, giving a sense that you are in a larger area than you really are.

GTAV is light years better in terms of graphics and draw distance, which allows you to have a greater sense of where you are in relation to the overall map. In a way, it's partially due to INFERIOR technical abilities which helps San Andreas FEEL so big.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Big as f*ck, ive got to agree. but not as big as V's map. sh*t, it is so hard to understand what i have meant to say? Jesus..

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Fact is San Andreas felt bigger and takes longer to get from place to place.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Felt bigger is completely subjective, and I'd say it took longer because there were no straight highways like in GTA 5 and the cars were A LOT slower.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by Osho, 28 December 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Alright, it's about GTA V.
Mistake on my part so now you felt (V) it's smaller from place to place which is irrelevant totally.
Important thing is how big is the world and the space to freeroam..it's huge and much better than SA
  • Jackson T likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

what the hell is that game on your signature o.O

On Topic: How the hell is this topic still alive hahaha I thought it had been confirmed ages ago that V has a bigger map and that SA felt like it was bigger because of the draw distance

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

what the hell is that game on your signature o.O

On Topic: How the hell is this topic still alive hahaha I thought it had been confirmed ages ago that V has a bigger map and that SA felt like it was bigger because of the draw distance

V is bigger. I have no idea how this thread is still going.

• Jackson T likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well perhaps this thread should've been locked a long time ago as the same old arguments are being flogged like a dead horse so locked.

• TJGM, Raavi, Geralt of Rivia and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users