• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic
MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Scale wise, GTA V is bigger. GTA SA has more cities to seemingly has more to explore. But if you actually had GTA SA Map over the V map, it'd be smaller.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

http://news.rapgenius.com/1962703

This picture says it all really. Haha SA is sooooo small compared to GTAV. I Loved SA but you are a spastic if you think it is anywhere near the size of GTAV and I really worry for your mental health if you are still convinced by your deluded rose tinted views.

specific areas are smaller but the whole map of SA is not small because there is 3 cities and in V only one

I'm not saying SA is small, it was BIG at the time. But now GTAV has completely eclipsed it.

Maybe the problem is in difference between GTA III map (LC) and San Andreas (SA) in 3 years (with old technology tools to make it) and the HD era Liberty City and LS&BC because GTA V isn't as good as San Andreas was comapred to previous GTA's in terms of map.

Anyway I still believe San Andreas map was better because it had many types of land an 3 cities...

3 cites itself doesn't mean that map is big. Those cites were really small, even compared to GTA III LC and Vice City. It's the main problem with SA map. It had too much variety of everything on too small area. Looks ridiculous now, but it worked then -  with sh*tty draw distance, tricky highways and slow vehicles that made an illusion that map was much bigger than it really was. It can't be done like that anymore.

However whole SA map area is not so small - V's Los Santos is about that size.

I didnt say big, i said it was better to have 3 cities and variety of everything. It takes about the same time to cross both maps with Maverick (YES I KNOW MAVERICK IS 2 TIMES FASTER IN GTA V).

"Maybe from a technical, mathematical standpoint GTA V is bigger. But translated into actual player perspective, there's just no way." - OP

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Tbh,In General the HD Era games are better than San Andreas,and i have to say GTA 5 is the best game i have ever play in my whole life (almost 20).
1.The Details are so mindblowing
2.The Map is not to big or small for a GTA game
3.The Missins might be short but the Three Protagnists system is a WOW to the Genre(even though it a bit restrictive) and i am sure other Openworld Games will follow the trend just as how it was also GTA(3) that started the carjacking and freedom which created and popularise what is now known as Open-World
4.GTA 5 is the best-selling game in the series with 30ml copies follow by GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 with 27ml and 25ml copies respectively
5.GTA 5 might be short in terms of missions but everything else make the game a Masterpiece
and Lastly GTA Online is not a waste of time,it a new thing Rockstar are trying and these days multiplayer is a trend,GTAO might be abit rough but i think ambitious for an openworld multiplayer.I hope they continue with the HD Universe(Era) because it the best thing to happen to the series after GTA 3

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by zielarz119, 21 December 2013 - 11:44 PM.

@up

This post is so offtopic :/

You just add nothing to this thread but something people can bitch about here (which is not related to anything before here)

• latigreblue likes this

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

This picture says it all really. Haha SA is sooooo small compared to GTAV. I Loved SA but you are a spastic if you think it is anywhere near the size of GTAV and I really worry for your mental health if you are still convinced by your deluded rose tinted views.

specific areas are smaller but the whole map of SA is not small because there is 3 cities and in V only one

I'm not saying SA is small, it was BIG at the time. But now GTAV has completely eclipsed it.

Maybe the problem is in difference between GTA III map (LC) and San Andreas (SA) in 3 years (with old technology tools to make it) and the HD era Liberty City and LS&BC because GTA V isn't as good as San Andreas was comapred to previous GTA's in terms of map.

Anyway I still believe San Andreas map was better because it had many types of land an 3 cities...

3 cites itself doesn't mean that map is big. Those cites were really small, even compared to GTA III LC and Vice City. It's the main problem with SA map. It had too much variety of everything on too small area. Looks ridiculous now, but it worked then -  with sh*tty draw distance, tricky highways and slow vehicles that made an illusion that map was much bigger than it really was. It can't be done like that anymore.

I didnt say big, i said it was better to have 3 cities and variety of everything. It takes about the same time to cross both maps with Maverick (YES I KNOW MAVERICK IS 2 TIMES FASTER IN GTA V).

"Maybe from a technical, mathematical standpoint GTA V is bigger. But translated into actual player perspective, there's just no way." - OP

Translated into players perspective?
Then, SA's map feels even smaller. It' safe to say that GTA V's LS is bigger all your 3 cities.
And LS county is bigger than than SA desert and the countryside.
And most of the SA was just copy paste, barely any variety.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by zielarz119, 21 December 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Then, SA's map feels even smaller. It' safe to say that GTA V's LS is bigger all your 3 cities.

3 cities vs 1 city is always win... ALWAYS

and could you show me where SA was copy-paste? because there is big differences between LS,SF and LV and they ain't got the same building models

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

That is not true AT ALL.

So, 3 really small and slightly undetailed cities are bigger than 1 massive, hugely detailed city?

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

WHY IS THERE A 17 YEAR OLD MODERATOR WHOS BEEN A MEMBER FOR JUST OVER A YEAR?

IM TALKING ABOUT CIRIAN

Seriously wtf we dont want to be moderated by someone who hasnt reached puberty!

On topic- yh gta san andreas feels bigger

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Okay this why GTA 5 (The Fift Main Game and the 15 overall release is 100x better than GTA San Andreas)
1.Taking Cover,Roadie Running=GTA 5
2.Deep Custmisations of vehicles=GTA 5
3.Customisation of weapons=GTA 5
4.More Realistic Reimagination of Southern California=GTA 5
5.No wackiness or over the top sh*t=GTA 5
6.Naked and Flirting of Strippers=GTA 5
7.Graphics=GTA 5
8.Visuals=GTA 5
9.Great Draw Distances=GTA 5
10.Big map=GTA 5 (my maths are really bad but i agree with the people that says GTA San Andreas can fit in LS County alone)
11.More Clothings=GTA 5
12.Intense Missions=GTA 5(Even though the missions are short,Great Missions is what Make the HD Era better than San Andreas)
13.Wanted Radius=GTA 5(thanks to GTA 4,but i love the Cone detection system in GTA 5)
14.Checkpoint System=GTA 5
15.Online Multiplayer with Real People doing all types of Sh*t including hacking=GTA 5
16.Relaxing Minigames(Golf,Tennis,Parachuting and more)=GTA 5
17.Animals=GTA 5
18. intelligent NPCs(calling cops,eating,buying clothes and doing excercises)=GTA 5
19.Drinking,Eating,Watching TV(thanks to GTA 4)=GTA 5
20.Dynamic Weather=GTA 5
i can keep on going but it doesnt worth it

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

gta v is an masterpiece. some ppl just like gta sa for the wackiness and nostalgia of it.. it was a great f game, i agree, but take a look at v.. its a damn fine piece of work for this generation, no game could be compared to it. even gta iv being my fav in the series, gta v is awesome.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

@daliakiler
I couldnt agree with you more bro,great word.,as i said before, the HD Era Games was the best thing after GTA 3

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

It's pretty obvious V's map is much bigger when you realize V's map only shows main roads on it while SA map shows nearly every road and even has little boxes marking the houses in vine wood hills. That gives the illusion off a bigger map. If V's map showed every little house and side street on its map it would seem even bigger than it already is.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by zielarz119, 22 December 2013 - 03:39 AM.

Okay this why GTA 5 (The Fift Main Game and the 15 overall release is 100x better than GTA San Andreas)
1.Taking Cover,Roadie Running=GTA 5
2.Deep Custmisations of vehicles=GTA 5
3.Customisation of weapons=GTA 5
4.More Realistic Reimagination of Southern California=GTA 5
5.No wackiness or over the top sh*t=GTA 5
6.Naked and Flirting of Strippers=GTA 5
7.Graphics=GTA 5
8.Visuals=GTA 5
9.Great Draw Distances=GTA 5
10.Big map=GTA 5 (my maths are really bad but i agree with the people that says GTA San Andreas can fit in LS County alone)
11.More Clothings=GTA 5
12.Intense Missions=GTA 5(Even though the missions are short,Great Missions is what Make the HD Era better than San Andreas)
13.Wanted Radius=GTA 5(thanks to GTA 4,but i love the Cone detection system in GTA 5)
14.Checkpoint System=GTA 5
15.Online Multiplayer with Real People doing all types of Sh*t including hacking=GTA 5
16.Relaxing Minigames(Golf,Tennis,Parachuting and more)=GTA 5
17.Animals=GTA 5
18. intelligent NPCs(calling cops,eating,buying clothes and doing excercises)=GTA 5
19.Drinking,Eating,Watching TV(thanks to GTA 4)=GTA 5
20.Dynamic Weather=GTA 5
i can keep on going but it doesnt worth it

This is not about whole games (note SA is 10 years old game) but we are talking about MAPS of those games, but well:

1. Cover system is lame and there is no crouching in V - seriously so scripted

2. Its about the same in those games, after 10 years you would expect more and in most of the cars in V you can only change tires and respray the car. San Andreas had NITRO and HYDRAULICS

3. There is customization of weapons in V but silencers don't work though - pointless

4. Ofcourse, but San Andreas wasn't focused only on Los Santos, there was also SF and LV

5. don't really get what you tried to say

6. Do you really need stripers in game? In GTA V I never been in strip club to look at stripes - newer engine = better stripers though (expected)

7. 8. Because the game is 10 years old and the graphic was pretty cool then and still is (GRAPHIC DON'T DETERMINE HOW GOOD THE GAME IS)

9. Console limitations - you can get great draw distance for San Andreas and it works well

10. [THIS IS THE ONLY POINT REFERRING TO TOPIC] GTA V map is bigger but San Andreas had 3 cities and forests,desert,mountains,hills,towns,villages,lakes,rivers,many interiors etc.

11. GTA V had more clothing than SA? you gotta be kidding me bro

12. GTA San Andreas had more missions, better story, more progress in the gameworld with progessing the story and also intense missions like stealing fighter jets from army etc.

13. The wanted system is much better in V however it was more fun to escape cops in San Andreas, they didn't had the super auto-aim designed for console players who use that lame auto-aim - to give them some kind of challange

14. CHECKPOINT SYSTEM IN V IS LAME AS f*ckING HELL IS FOR AMATEURS, YOU CAN EVEN SKIP THE MISSION THIS IS f*ckING JOKE!! In Gta IV is was much better because you was only able to load checkpoint before the actual mission, for example if you had to drive long way to the checkpoint

15. you just stated, online is broken, however you can have fun with friends online. The only reason Gta SA didn't had MP was the year of release (2004), there was very few online games and not too many people had internet connection. There is still SA-MP on PC though... (with shiltload of kids)

16. I think you mean minigames? San Andreas had more.... GTA V had Yoga

17. This is probably the best thing they added to this game HOWEVER is not big deal in criminal game but its good to have them if there is countryside - 100% win for V on this one

18. Peds in GTA V are pretty dumb for their AI potential from this generation compared to ps2 (standing on the street? im going to call the police - bullsh*t)

19. Drinking - yeah... but drinking is since IV and is dumbed down however you could drink sprunk in SA

Eating - what are you on about? YOU CAN'T EAT IN V TO HEAL YOURSELF - sadly. In GTA SA there is like 30 places to eat (not including the street hotdogs)

Watching TV - thanks to IV, there was console games in San Andreas though...

20. Weather in V is really nice and big improvement but it is not the thing determines how good the game is and there was weather in San Andreas too (not great but there were various of weather conditions)

As you can see, some of your points were bullsh*t.

Sorry for my bad english!

• latigreblue likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

"Let's be realistic: GTA SA map is nowhere near the size and scope of GTA V"
FIXED & CONFIRMED.

Time to lock the topic, OP's assumption proved wrong.. ... lol
  • Luna Lovegood and Jackson T like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Tbh,In General the HD Era games are better than San Andreas,and i have to say GTA 5 is the best game i have ever play in my whole life (almost 20).
3.The Missins might be short but the Three Protagnists system is a WOW to the Genre(even though it a bit restrictive) and i am sure other Openworld Games will follow the trend just as how it was also GTA(3) that started the carjacking and freedom which created and popularise what is now known as Open-World
4.GTA 5 is the best-selling game in the series with 30ml copies follow by GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 with 27ml and 25ml copies respectively
5.GTA 5 might be short in terms of missions but everything else make the game a Masterpiece
and Lastly GTA Online is not a waste of time,it a new thing Rockstar are trying and these days multiplayer is a trend,GTAO might be abit rough but i think ambitious for an openworld multiplayer.I hope they continue with the HD Universe(Era) because it the best thing to happen to the series after GTA 3

just out of curiosity: if SA had GTA V's pretty graphics (with everything else that came with SA being unchanged) then would you still say V is the superior game?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

just out of curiosity: if SA had GTA V's pretty graphics (with everything else that came with SA being unchanged) then would you still say V is the superior game?

No, because the game would still lack basic physics, etc.

• Matty, GTA Banjo and Jackson T like this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by fwenshy, 22 December 2013 - 06:46 AM.

I'm sorry I don't know how to put a picture on here at the moment. But this is the scale. If you love SA that much and this FACT upsets you then I feel sorry for you. But don't let delusion blur reality that's the difference between normal and crazy people.

http://www.gengame.n...previous-games/

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

@fwenshy
Nice one bro,that will shut em up

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'm sorry I don't know how to put a picture on here at the moment. But this is the scale. If you love SA that much and this FACT upsets you then I feel sorry for you. But don't let delusion blur reality that's the difference between normal and crazy people.

http://www.gengame.n...previous-games/

I am the one who tries to explai to SA fanboys that SA in not that big as V, or nowhere near close to it, but I also hate obviously wrong proof to be used, and yours is just that.

They have the scale of LC just about right, and that alone is the proof that their SA is way too small. We know SA is around 14 sq miles and LC around 6 sq miles so how can it be basically the same in that comparison?

SA is bigger than LS in V alone. It's more likely that LS + mountains north and east of it equals SA in surface.

• zielarz119 likes this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by fwenshy, 22 December 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Ok

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

This is another useless topic since the game is out, the notion on which logic was rested hitherto has clearly PROVED WRONG and every player has the experience with the map by now.
Quite simply it qualifies for 'Locking the thread'
  • lol232 likes this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by fwenshy, 22 December 2013 - 09:26 AM.

So SA is allegedly 14sq miles (even though I have yet to see a scale indicator like the one on the GTAV map, but I could be wrong about that I just can't find one) LC is 6.3sq miles and RDR is 12sq miles. Which is around 30sq miles total for all three. GTAV using the SCALE provided is around 30sqmiles

On a side note Mt Chiliad in SA Hahahaha lol it's like the size of the vinewood hill in GTAV

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

and could you show me where SA was copy-paste? because there is big differences between LS,SF and LV and they ain't got the same building models

3 cities that looked copy paste, ugh, no, in this case it doesn't win.
LS in GTA SA looks nowhere near the RL LS.
Your logic is pretty dull. Not to mention that SA had the worst story in GTA history, and it's the most overrated game.

San Andreas felt small and cheesy, and lacked details.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

http://postimg.org/i...j6w4yp0sx/full/

Also please take the time to look at each of these supposedly overlayed maps. Then do me another favour and pick out the dams on both maps, you will quickly notice that the dam on GTAV is tiny and the dam on SA is pretty easily picked out. Now I've looked at both dams in game and I'll be honest and say I don't think one is vastly bigger than the other, but please correct me if in fact the SA dam is 3x the size of GTAVs dam.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

@

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Also please take the time to look at each of these supposedly overlayed maps. Then do me another favour and pick out the dams on both maps, you will quickly notice that the dam on GTAV is tiny and the dam on SA is pretty easily picked out. Now I've looked at both dams in game and I'll be honest and say I don't think one is vastly bigger than the other, but please correct me if in fact the SA dam is 3x the size of GTAVs dam.

I've used your pic to make comparison between piers:

fbvr.jpg

They are almost the same size here,

bxbg.jpg

Not the best pic, but good enough to see that SA pier is way smaller.

• daliakiller likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

To be honest San Andreas and Vice City are Spinoffs,the Main Games are 1,2,3,4 and 5.
GTA 1 and 2 Laid the Foundations,GTA 3 took the elements of the first two games and Change the Genre Forever,GTA 4 was the first Hd Generation GTA and set the hallmark for Hd openworld games,a realistic carjacking,a redefined wanted system,a multiplayer mode and a Mature Storyline...GTA 5 took stuff from 4 and for the first time in the series and genre a 3 Protagonists system, a more detail world and push console limits...and not to mention it got 1bn in 3 days.The Spinoffs were great and went to different locatins and introduced many new features to the series.The Main Games are the Heart of this 16 year old Legendary and Iconic Franchise (GTA)

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by fwenshy, 22 December 2013 - 08:37 PM.

fbvr.jpg
bxbg.jpg
Please do this but with the dam. Thankyou, because the pier in SA is way smaller. The dams are of similar size

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

fbvr.jpg

bxbg.jpg

AWESOME WORK!

if you play GTASA withouth that fog in the distance, you can easily see the whole map from its center and realize it is really small.. in GTA V i lept from a chopper at the horizon limit over paleto bay, and could see LS at a much greater distance than the borders of GTASA.. we can easily see that in your pics above, how close Mt Chilliad is to the city. the draw distance fooled us into believing the world was bigger that it actually was. thats the intention.

• chaosbug45 likes this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

if you play GTASA withouth that fog in the distance, you can easily see the whole map from its center and realize it is really small.. in GTA V i lept from a chopper at the horizon limit over paleto bay, and could see LS at a much greater distance than the borders of GTASA.. we can easily see that in your pics above, how close Mt Chilliad is to the city. the draw distance fooled us into believing the world was bigger that it actually was. thats the intention.

Just because you can see whole map doesn't mean the map is small, in GTA V you can see the whole map as well so whats your point?

• daliakiller likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users