GTA V POLICE SUCKS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic
gta5SA
  • gta5SA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

So one thing i noticed in gta v is cops AI is a bit too unrealistic in one way. like they would spawn too fast. even after killing soo many, here is my example i was playing as trevor no armor, free aim at 5 star wanted level, i was able to survive for over 8 minutes because i drove my boat in the middle of alamo sea, and just kept sniping depudies. but then there goes the helis, i would shoot one with rpg, and then next second goes another one and onother one. and it kept going infinite until i ran out of rpgs. 

my problem is cops spawn too fast in gta v or atleast they are not like in RDR or even better like in postal 2 game where if you were too kill the whole Police department there would permentatly no lawmen to go after you. allowing to do anything you want in the city. which would be very fun if they added that in gta v.

• Dubbie likes this

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

or like in one of the missions you kill enough and they disipate

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

my problem is cops spawn too fast in gta v or atleast they are not like in RD

Cops in RDR didn't have the luxury of GPS, or instant communication via radios.

Otherwise, cool story bro.

• neuhier likes this

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Cops are fine. You expect to get away with a murder at a National Park/Mountain range in real life? Or stab someone in an alley? Someone would see you in real life. NPC's can call the police on you. 

gta5SA
  • gta5SA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Cops are fine. You expect to get away with a murder at a National Park/Mountain range in real life? Or stab someone in an alley? Someone would see you in real life. NPC's can call the police on you. 

again stop comparing real life. besides your missing the whole point. im talking about having a some sort of limit how much cops can exist in san andreas. so if you were somehow able to go on a rampage and kill every single cop and army official. you will be able to do anything you want in the city with no lawmen to come after you. that would be very fun feature in the game

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

so if you were somehow able to go on a rampage and kill every single cop and army official. you will be able to do anything you want in the city with no lawmen to come after you. that would be very fun feature in the game

Or it'd just make GTA5 a rip-off of Postal 2. Apples and oranges, isn't it.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

becuase nothing else in the game is a rip off

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

becuase nothing else in the game is a rip off

There's a difference between a Parody and shameless rip-off.

Alsiqht
  • Alsiqht

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

again stop comparing real life. besides your missing the whole point. im talking about having a some sort of limit how much cops can exist in san andreas. so if you were somehow able to go on a rampage and kill every single cop and army official. you will be able to do anything you want in the city with no lawmen to come after you. that would be very fun feature in the game

You say stop comparing it to real life, but then you want realism in your cop spawn mechanics. Also killing every cop in any city would be absurd...

• neuhier likes this

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

There's a dedicated thread for this, use it.

Otherwise, yeah they're annoying, but at leas they aren't just dumb and barely pose a threat like in 4. I welcomed the challenge of these new cops, and it's fun and intense trying to get away.

• neuhier likes this

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I sort of like the cop system in regard to evading the police. Its a fun challege to get some distance from them while being chased and duck into an alley or underground tunnel. Though I do agree that they know Wayyy too muchhh. They basically teleport to you as soon as you commit a crime. And even if you do it silently where no one sees you, they still somehow know. I mean it'd be nice to be able to shoot someone with a silenced weapon and not have the cops know right away....

The cops in GTA V kind of remind me of minority report. They already know what crime your gonna commit and therefore can be on you in an instant..

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Without them the game would be no fun for me.

notch
  • notch

HIGH TECH REDNECK

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

only real complaint I have is the "Ramming speed" the cops seem to have at times, I had a one star and was was on frankin's bagger, got rammed, runover by a ped car, and died

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 20 October 2013 - 10:11 PM.

GTA V's cop system has resulted in less rampaging and more tip-toeing around the map in case you get two stars for punching a hitchiker high in the mountains. That was an exaggeration. It's good, since the police are an imposing force for once rather than puppets to troll, which quickly becomes boring.

tlad_cops.gif

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by BlackLightning, 20 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

I was thirty feet underwater and they were still picking me off from a helicopter. This sh*t needs to be patched ASAP. They have ruined one of the best parts of any GTA game, the cop chases. I mean, how the f*ck do you f*ck that up? 

And what the f*ck is the deal with them shooting you for any law violation. Punch a ped in the face and you get shot at. Total f*cking bullsh*t. I get that cops in real life are assholes. But if this an attempt to parody that, they need to tone it down because it's too annoying to live with. One mission having jerkoff cops would be fine. But this sh*t is ridiculous. 

Also, no cop, no matter the level of asshole, would head-on ram you at 100 miles an hour. They really f*cked up with this AI. There's no debating it; it's FUBAR. 

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Where are the mods? Is there like no one online at all?

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I just became a fan of the death penalty again. NSA, get this motherf*cker. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

I agree. This is my only issue with the game; the police overspawn, lef, right, centre, south, east, e.t.c, lol. I would like for it to have been controlled, instead of sh*tty arcadey spawn mechanics. RDR had the right idea with a limit of cops. In fact, i would not mind unlimited cops, so long as the spawning is controlled and they don't swarm the area from all directions. They should be able to flank you, but not like spawn behind you or out of the blue

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:11 AM Edited by marijuanaz, 31 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

So one thing i noticed in gta v is cops AI is a bit too unrealistic in one way. like they would spawn too fast. even after killing soo many, here is my example i was playing as trevor no armor, free aim at 5 star wanted level, i was able to survive for over 8 minutes because i drove my boat in the middle of alamo sea, and just kept sniping depudies. but then there goes the helis, i would shoot one with rpg, and then next second goes another one and onother one. and it kept going infinite until i ran out of rpgs. 

my problem is cops spawn too fast in gta v or atleast they are not like in RDR or even better like in postal 2 game where if you were too kill the whole Police department there would permentatly no lawmen to go after you. allowing to do anything you want in the city. which would be very fun if they added that in gta v.

Yeah no sh*t man.

I want their turbo. That's some straight bullsh*t there.

What I hate is using REMOVE WANTED level, then boom, 1 STAR for doing nothing. Then that 1 star turns into 2. And I didn't do a f*cking thing.

I think there is a subliminal message going on here. Cops up in everyone's sh*t. Just like real life.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:27 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 31 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Yeah, these guys can be downright frustrating at times. I can't survive that long unless I'm playing as Trevor because of his special ability. They just spawn way too fast, so much it actually seems a bit unrealistic. GTA IV had the right number coming at you at once.

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

The cops still suck that way after numerous updates for GTA 5 story mode. I would be driving away from them and loose everything that was following me and BAM a few cop cars and another chopper or two spawn in front of my path even if I'm in a fighter jet.

Also it's annoying trying to loose them like when you are hiding somewhere and all of a sudden they find you like they are psychic or something (totaly unrealistic!)

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:17 PM