» «
Photo

Knocking People Out Kills Them?

47 replies to this topic
lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Happens to me but not always, sometimes I seem to do a one hit knockout but other times they get the upper hand and even when I'm punching them it's like my character has no energy all of a sudden. 

The key is, if they dont see you or are not in a fight with you its pretty much a guaranteed knockout. Same with the knife. If you walk up on someone, press LT and knife attack its a scripted 1 shot kill. If your in a fight with them, its 2 shots guaranteed kill. Lame

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Flaw I shot someone in the legs he squirmed around and died in seconds and the same thing happens to me when knocking someone out the paramedics tell them not to worry etc then a second later pronounce them dead lol.

Obviously when you shot them in the legs, you nailed their femoral artery and they bled out... Jerk. =P

On the other hand, I've hit some pedestrians glancing blows with a car, and they don't die either.... (even some bikers manage to survive full on collisions....) It seems a little inconsistent.

Thats the name of the game. Inconsistent all around. It flips around from realistic to arcade on a dime.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 24 September 2013 - 04:32 PM.

I saw one gameplay vid where the player walked into a ped sitting on a bench...and the ped just slumped over and died. BARELY touched him.

And yea, you guys are right about the difference between fighting a hostile enemy vs normal one. Here's a good vid that shows how you have to do several more punches to take down a hostile. Watch the ped at 00:43 , he took 7 punches before falling down lol. Although he does kill one of the hostiles with one punch later, but that seemed to be a stronger 'charged' punch.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Um...shooting people does not always kill them, I constantly have to continue shooting people on the ground or they will sit up and start shooting me again. As for the knockout punch, "aggro" them first, they do indeed gain more health, sucker punching someone can knock them out in one hit, or in rare cases kill them, has everyone forgotten about the Soccer Ref that was killed recently, from a sucker punch?

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Um...shooting people does not always kill them, I constantly have to continue shooting people on the ground or they will sit up and start shooting me again. As for the knockout punch, "aggro" them first, they do indeed gain more health, sucker punching someone can knock them out in one hit, or in rare cases kill them, has everyone forgotten about the Soccer Ref that was killed recently, from a sucker punch?

Yeah but its basic and always the same. They sit up shoot, and usually get back up and run around like nothing even happened. Other times they keel over and die. Shooting people in the leg doesn't even result in injury, its just old school. They are never just in an injured state where they are alive but cant shoot. Basically in this game its either alive and shooting at you, or dead.

Regarding the soccer ref, its called a freak case. I can do it 10 times in a row in GTAV, lets not compare it to real life now its a video game after all and its really just not fun to take people down in 1 shot every time.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Yea rockstar has to fix some of this sh*t. You knock them out n they die. U basically can't even tell wether their alive or dead. Also I've never seen the emt's revive anyone. In gta 4 they would limp around, fall over, roll around on ground, hold their stomach, eyes would roll around/blink. They would plead for lives, complain of pain, police talk about back up, bleed out, talk sh*t

THATS what Im talking about. That was revolutionary and unique. You could tell they actually put effort into it. They would be injured on the ground. Squirm, sometimes get up and move before falling back down. If you shot them in the leg artery you would see blood spurt out, then you could see their eyes roll back. It was absolutely crazy. Sick but crazy lol.

Now when I play V I feel like its an absolutely cheeped out version, I really dont know how people dont see this. I really think they don't pay attention to these details when IMO these are the most important parts of a game like this which involves so much shooting. They were things I was just expecting by default, and rightfully so. If it was in a game 5 years ago, why would the new one digress? 

I strongly suspect all of this attention to detail & game play realism will be included in the multi player version of the game.  Just like tons of other single player content (interiors, working hot dog vendors,and a whole ton of descoped  interactive content i.e. f@cking pool tables that DON'T F@CKING WORK  in bars etc) which they're obviously holding back as DLC content for GTAOL.

Way to shaft your fan base up the @$$ while monetizing the game R*.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

I remember that news story but that's just one instance. You seriously can't expect every case to be the same just because that happened once. Where's the logic? I would assume you would apply the same thinking to how animals can quickly kill you in the game just because you can cite one real life example where someone got bit by a dog and died instantly.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by lazedout, 24 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Yea rockstar has to fix some of this sh*t. You knock them out n they die. U basically can't even tell wether their alive or dead. Also I've never seen the emt's revive anyone. In gta 4 they would limp around, fall over, roll around on ground, hold their stomach, eyes would roll around/blink. They would plead for lives, complain of pain, police talk about back up, bleed out, talk sh*t

THATS what Im talking about. That was revolutionary and unique. You could tell they actually put effort into it. They would be injured on the ground. Squirm, sometimes get up and move before falling back down. If you shot them in the leg artery you would see blood spurt out, then you could see their eyes roll back. It was absolutely crazy. Sick but crazy lol.

Now when I play V I feel like its an absolutely cheeped out version, I really dont know how people dont see this. I really think they don't pay attention to these details when IMO these are the most important parts of a game like this which involves so much shooting. They were things I was just expecting by default, and rightfully so. If it was in a game 5 years ago, why would the new one digress? 

I strongly suspect all of this attention to detail & game play realism will be included in the multi player version of the game.  Just like tons of other single player content (interiors, working hot dog vendors,and a whole ton of descoped  interactive content i.e. f@cking pool tables that DON'T F@CKING WORK  in bars etc) which they're obviously holding back as DLC content for GTAOL.

Way to shaft your fan base up the @$$ while monetizing the game R*.

I wouldn't count on it. Regarding interiors ect, yes I would think they would include those. If not they are just inbred retards.

Regarding the physics/gore..... What ever you see now, thats how it will be in GTAO, I'm 99% sure about that.

NukethewhalesMO
  • NukethewhalesMO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

This aspect of the game does bother me somewhat, but when I stop to consider all of the content packed into the game, it becomes a non-issue.

The attention to detail in other aspects of the game is incredible, so much so that I don't really see a point in complaining about details that have been overlooked or ignored.

GTA IV definitely had better AI reactions and was revolutionary in that regard, but GTA V brings things that are equally as awesome to the table.

CapitolLimited
  • CapitolLimited

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yes, thank you for making this topic.

I find that Rockstar's disregard for injured pedestrians/police completely stupid and defines laziness on their part. GTAIV was immersive, where cops would try to apprehend you when you had one star, rather than shoot to kill. But I think it's simply stupid how one punch to the head kills someone or two shots from a gun. Yes, in real life, there would be instances in which someone would bleed out, but in MANY OTHER CASES, people would survive from bullet wounds. This is a feature that made GTAIV's free roam relative fun because we would see the dynamic environment such as paramedics coming after a firefight, or cops responding to your call on someone attacking you or them arresting someone (not getting into a firefight and killing the suspect). It felt like you were really there when you saw a ped squirming on the ground or a cop telling himself he's going to be okay.

I realize that at this point, it is too late to add this and very unrealistic to be featured as DLC because it is a core mechanic. Digusting how Rockstar neglected these aspects, which could have been a simple recreation of GTAIV code, for yoga.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:41 AM Edited by jaczor, 27 September 2013 - 07:42 AM.

I agree with you guys, this has to be fixed. I do think it's realistic/cool that if you sucker punch someone it usually knocks them out cold, but they should wake up eventually.

They also die if you tase them too much.

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yea its annoying this game has many noticeable flaws that gta 4 was better in. I think Rockstar were too focused on the many new features(world,movement,shooting,abilities,sports,etc.) and forgot about the little BUT important features. But that doesn't excuse them, especially the car damage and cop behaviour.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:39 AM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 27 September 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Removing lots of little elements doesn't make sense,  you are supposed to build on them or refine them...

Just like with vehicle damage - it was dumbed down

I agree a few new features are nice,  but it feels like more has been removed than added and the series feels not as progressive

U can't even crouch anymore ??  what the hell

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

And I bought the game thinking nothing could possibly go wrong after 5 years of improving over GTA4.

In the

Spoiler

And how dumb was that mission?

Spoiler

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yeah extremely disappointing. It's been totally dumbed down from GTA IV in that aspect. But until they fix this sh*t i just pretend i knock them out.

But the one hit killing explains why the f*cking police comes after you hit two peds...It's a bit different if i kick 2 people's asses and f*cking killing them with my hands...

TheRealGraail
  • TheRealGraail

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yes, thank you for making this topic.

I find that Rockstar's disregard for injured pedestrians/police completely stupid and defines laziness on their part. GTAIV was immersive, where cops would try to apprehend you when you had one star, rather than shoot to kill. But I think it's simply stupid how one punch to the head kills someone or two shots from a gun. Yes, in real life, there would be instances in which someone would bleed out, but in MANY OTHER CASES, people would survive from bullet wounds. This is a feature that made GTAIV's free roam relative fun because we would see the dynamic environment such as paramedics coming after a firefight, or cops responding to your call on someone attacking you or them arresting someone (not getting into a firefight and killing the suspect). It felt like you were really there when you saw a ped squirming on the ground or a cop telling himself he's going to be okay.

I realize that at this point, it is too late to add this and very unrealistic to be featured as DLC because it is a core mechanic. Digusting how Rockstar neglected these aspects, which could have been a simple recreation of GTAIV code, for yoga.

This.I mean I love the sucker punch.But it would've been more realistic if the peds weren't always dying..both from beating the crap out of them and shooting them in leg/arm or chest...This is the thing when you focus on some things, you forget the others...But on the other hand the game it's great and I'm enjoying it a lot.It has a 9/10 maybe a 9.5/10 from me

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Damn this thread, I was reading it on the bus and I missed my stop.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I love punching random people its funny, Idk if they die from it I never see blood so i assume they arent dead. Blood means dead right? I slammed into a car and it went on the sidewalk and hit a ped and they got up and walked away, yet a guy on a bike hit my parked car and died.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users