Quantcast

» «
Photo

How many vehicles can you store in the purchased garages?

40 replies to this topic
Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Each of the characters can purchase their own garage in GTA V.

How many cars can we store in each garage?

I have 4 in mine and I am scared to put a 5th (due to lack of visual space) and lose one of my other cars.

• Jeremiah239 likes this

iDaNfL
  • iDaNfL

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

4 is the max num. of cars you can store in your garage.

• BananLaks likes this

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Where are these purchasable garages?  

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

They should show up on your map. I think 4 is way too little. I tune up cars now and put em in other character's garages because of no space

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Unlimited.

Because by the time you fill it up previous vehicles will start disappearing.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Unlimited.

These are the seperate garages we're talking about, not those buggy black-holes that are attached to your safehouse.

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Why does rockstar seem to be against collecting cars? They put all these awesome cars in the game and then only allow you to be able to keep a very limited number.
  • iDisOrder likes this

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by mattymcs, 25 September 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Accross all 3 protags you can store 18. Hardly a small number.

4 in each garage

2 in Michaels safehouse garage

2 in Franklins safehouse

1 each at Trevors two safehouses.

(obviously once they sort the safehouse garage bug out)

qkdefus
  • qkdefus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by qkdefus, 25 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Unlimited.

this.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Trevors first house can hold two, so its 19. Dont habe trevors seconds yet but i guess its a two-er too. Would make 20.

Honestly i didnt ran over the disappering bug, my sandking sometimes does vanish an come back again tho.
After my sandking in franklins garage disappeared ive put a adder in it, most of the time one of them spawn, sometimes both. Pretty useful... wonder what will happend to my garage miracle once that bugs fixed.

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

4 in each garage

2 in Franklins safehouse

I put 2 in Michael's and the second one didn't save. I just presumed this was because I had exceeded the limit of 1. Maybe it was a mild case of the 'garage glitch' though and it had just disappeared because of that. Is it 100% that you can store 2 cars?

• chairmansaab likes this

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by vyvexthorne, 26 September 2013 - 11:15 AM.

4 in each garage
2 in Franklins safehouse

It is a small number considering how many automobiles are in the game and how many you can put money into. Cars you buy don't respawn if you wreck them so purchasing them is useless unless you plan on not using them. Airplanes/helicopters in your garage do respawn..don't even have to purchase them.. just stick them in the garage. You can collect clothes, properties, contacts.. everything except cars. It also is kind of silly that a bycicle takes up a car slot.. So, if I have two cars in my garage and put in a bycicle, one of those three things will disapear at some point. There's plenty of room to fill a garage with all the bycicles in the game.. yet more than two and *ploop*.

Just wondering what rockstar could possibly have against simply giving us a parking garage that we could fill with cars that respawn? .. heck in RDR they let you collect all the horses. It's just a strange choice in my opionion.
  • Djinn004 likes this

pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

You can store 2 at each of trevors safe houses just saying

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

It should be like a enterable garage you could drive into, like near the houses. And every car you store inside, will stay there, like you left them.

SuperMav
  • SuperMav

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Sigh, another GTA game with a sub-par garage system. I guess we should expect it by now. At least they arne't parking spots this time.

I really don't get it, there's a certain series of GTA 'ripoff' games who have gotten vehicle storage mostly right, even in the very 1st instance. I haven't played the newest game in that series-which-shall-not-be-named but the Third one had an awesome system which would work great in GTA V. I wouldn't even mind if it was a little more grounded in reality, so that every garage in the world isn't linked to one vehicle inventory; it can still be broken up per location, but being able to store say 50 vehicles in a garage and have them listed to pick from would be so awesome.

As for what we can store:

Spoiler

And I think purchased and customizable cars should "respawn" if blown up or lost, though I wouldn't mind seeing the impound experience expanded to a salvage yard or body shop too, where you have to pay X to fix a car you blew up to repair it.

• the_warbsta and Djinn004 like this

iDisOrder
  • iDisOrder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

seriously...in a grand theft auto game we can store only 6 cars per prog max?

and...and...one plane or chopper???

gimmeabreak man!!!

why not have the drop menu option?

a single "showcase" area that shows the highlighted car from the drop menu allowing you to choose which vehicle you want.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

Infinite cars is bad imo and so is respawning after wrecking.
But they should have given is 10 car garages, 2 parking spaces outside the houses including the attached garage and insurance like online if you do wreck it you'll have to pay for it to respawn.

Twizted_Memoriez
  • Twizted_Memoriez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Not sure if anybody else has noticed, but Trevor, and Trevor only can store 2 cars at the Vanilla Unicorn in the parks beside the building. I have had some there before, saved game and turned my console on at a later time to find the EXACT same cars in the spots where I left them

Twizted_Memoriez
  • Twizted_Memoriez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Because they are stored in the open other characters can take them, but not put them back. I am curious as to what other properties have this feature.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

How much did the garages cost i got CE so i never bought em

• Twizted_Memoriez likes this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 29 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

I'm disappointed with the garage system in this game. We have all these cool cars in game, but we don't have much space to store all the ones you want. This is why we need more safehouses and/or garages, but buying safehouses is a stupid online only feature. 

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

What happens when you want to swap a car? Say you have 4 in the garage but want to save a different one instead, does it give you the option to get rid of one?

Twizted_Memoriez
  • Twizted_Memoriez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

You can only remove cars by going into the garage and driving one out, which means you lose the new one you want to keep. I always keep a spare spot for times like that and for when i buy a car

Kasmoke
  • Kasmoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

What purchasable garages? I pre ordered the standard edition for ps3 and each character got their safehouse garage and color coordinated garages from the beginning

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

What purchasable garages? I pre ordered the standard edition for ps3 and each character got their safehouse garage and color coordinated garages from the beginning

Same for me, i didnt purchase them at all.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Same for me, i didnt purchase them at all.

Same for me.  I'm curious about this.  I've seen people say they had to pay $30'000 for them.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I don't mind the 4 car limit to the garages, I just wish there was a temporary 5th slot. My garage was full and I wanted to swap one of the cars for a nice rare car I found. I entered the garage, removed a car and then found my new prized possession had disappeared. It would be nice to be able to drive it in and be forced to exit in another when the garage is at maximum capacity.

allinclusive
  • allinclusive

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

As CE owner (2 extra vehicles) and person with Social Club Account (Elegy) you can still store 4 vehicles in the garage. You just have to make sure that you didn't "spawn" one of the special vehicles.

Once you want to take out one of the special vehicles you have to remove a car though.

Spoiler

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Why does rockstar seem to be against collecting cars? They put all these awesome cars in the game and then only allow you to be able to keep a very limited number.

Not only that. In most missions youre forced to use your rustbucket of a base-car or you have to use a special car because yours just disappears during the cutscene.

The car-thing is really annoying, thats for sure.

Twizted_Memoriez
  • Twizted_Memoriez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

As CE owner (2 extra vehicles) and person with Social Club Account (Elegy) you can still store 4 vehicles in the garage. You just have to make sure that you didn't "spawn" one of the special vehicles.
Once you want to take out one of the special vehicles you have to remove a car though.

Spoiler

Actually, you can only save 2 vehicles behind the strip club. The spots against the building wall and also as a CE owner, the 2 extra cars and one for being a social member DO NOT disaper, they always stay with you in that selection menu, however they are always stock when you get into a 'special vehicle'. Only reason for saving it is if you modified it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users