creepy easter egg: signals in ocean

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic
t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Quotes on mobile aren't working for me. Anyway I'm 100% and I dialed 532-555-0172 and got the same results of ringing and then a dropped call.

SlipshodDread
  • SlipshodDread

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

This might sound a little far fetched, but I guess any potential insight is helpful...

If you havent already, check: www.cultstoppers.com/page7  on the mobile internet in game. It takes you to the Altruist page.

There it mentions "some kind of encrypted messages", but despite this a lack of information is available. There is a radio broadcasting station up the rocky path at the far end of the altruist compound, to the left before the altar from what I remember. 

Not only this, but someone mentioned that these types of numbers stations were around in WW2, which is significant because the Altruists are based on the generation born around that sort of time. It occured to me from a post earlier in the thread with something along the lines of "Not sure how old you guys are"... relating to the dial up tone heard after the numbers.

Further down on the website above it mentions "an alien Lord Zapho who is coming to reclaim the earth".

Although none of this would explain why the broadcast is only heard at that location at that time, as well as the fact that anyone who has completed the game has definitely killed all the altruists.

• ONZO and Gaventi like this

Big-Cheeky
  • Big-Cheeky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

SSTV image was a fake. found out in another thread

Josemayuste
  • Josemayuste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Segregate and Rearange..
Segregate = Easter Egg
and Rearange=??

Segregate = Easter egg
Rearrange = Rare range

Easter egg at rare range

TheCraven
  • TheCraven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Possible connections to altruistsunite.com in-game?

j87ball
  • j87ball

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

ago
Its been solved by myself, each alien symbol is connected to a radio tower, there is one that opens on right side of map on top of mountain, at 100% complete go there the gate will open and the door can open as it looks like it will, how i don't know, but this is what it is, why let the random gate open if its nothing? All Blaine county radio towers are in same positions as the map, its the obvious that's always the one that's missed, the radio tower light flickers for 2 minutes before going solid, its mountain right side of the map

Where exactly is this gate?

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Sorry I don't know how old you guys are but the "alien sound" you get when calling these numbers is nothing more than the sound You will get when calling a fax number in real life.It's also the same sound when you are using a dial-up internet connection. There is nothing misterious about it:

That code reminds me of Gameshark codes.

Two things that I miss dearly from my childhood :( l0l

rdotsiren
  • rdotsiren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

ago
Its been solved by myself, each alien symbol is connected to a radio tower, there is one that opens on right side of map on top of mountain, at 100% complete go there the gate will open and the door can open as it looks like it will, how i don't know, but this is what it is, why let the random gate open if its nothing? All Blaine county radio towers are in same positions as the map, its the obvious that's always the one that's missed, the radio tower light flickers for 2 minutes before going solid, its mountain right side of the map

Where exactly is this gate?

its on top of the mountain on the right of mount chilliad in unsure of the name but i will check when in next on it, there is frequency at night the same as some other ufos

hyseptik
  • hyseptik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

The image wasn't fake, but the sound in the video was. If you decode the sound you actually get the SSTV image, but the sound was never in the game.

DeliMontana
  • DeliMontana

Swedish Ass Guru

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Can't someone be nice and just mark the spot on this map where the light and the sound is?

And btw if you get too far off the map do you die then? cus i was out scouting for the place with the sub, and suddenly it sank like a rock!

Letter-Scraps.jpghttp://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Letter-Scraps.jpg

hyseptik
  • hyseptik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Can't someone be nice and just mark the spot on this map where the light and the sound is?

And btw if you get too far off the map do you die then? cus i was out scouting for the place with the sub, and suddenly it sank like a rock!

[image removed]

http://cdn.segmentne...tter-Scraps.jpg

THERE IS 

Spoiler
 LIGHT OR SOUND.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

The image wasn't fake, but the sound in the video was. If you decode the sound you actually get the SSTV image, but the sound was never in the game.

Can you explain how it was fake? Sorry just very curious about this

Big-Cheeky
  • Big-Cheeky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

We had a lengthy discussion over at the Jetpack search continued thread.

The video on youtube has a weird 'cell phone to speaker' noise in the recording (someone used their phone)
There has been only a few ""accounts"" of finding this with no pics of where it happend

They claimed they couldnt show it on the map because it was in the middle of the ocean and there was no landmarks. False, when zoomed out, you can ALWAYS see land on the map.
An SSTV signal can be created from any image.

This forum has truly been plagued by trolls and alot of false prophets. Its very sad. 

Dont you think this would have hit the interweb other than the youtube video and posts on this forum by now?

Back on the other thread, the troll and I agreed to disagree and waited for someone else to prove his findings, no one did, in fact it was just more people saying they had no luck. It was then a dead issue over there, too many good players wasting their time on trolls.

Remember to ak youself 2 questions:

1) Is there proof? Accounts on this forum, or 'people' online are nothing more than two fingers and a computer. 

2) Would Rockstar put this in a game for people to find? (The SSTV was in my mind)

• GTA_dog and Ethereal_NYC like this

l3oulton
  • l3oulton

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Segregate and Rearange..
Segregate = Easter Egg
and Rearange=??

Segregate = Easter egg
Rearrange = Rare range

Easter egg at rare range

I think the rearrange literally means rearrange the letters of segregate, nice find!

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Just so you know the number started with 332 not 532 and when you do dial with 332 you it rings for a while, beeps once then hangs up

angvi1
  • angvi1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

8hi, just noticed something- no idea if it means anything or not.

Using the telescope at Banham Canyon (at a villa there) if you look at night there are a bunch of red stars (lights) and there is a humming sound when you watch all the way to the left.....

But yeah. No idea if its related, just wanted to throw it out there.

Big-Cheeky
  • Big-Cheeky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Using the telescope at Banham Canyon (at a villa there) if you look at night there are a bunch of red stars (lights) and there is a humming sound when you watch all the way to the left.....

Can you post a location pic? If you arent a troll, this could be something.

angvi1
  • angvi1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by angvi1, 25 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Can you post a location pic? If you arent a troll, this could be something.

ill fly over there and take a pic.

EDIT:

http://socialclub.ro...CAkWBM3gzTrGM8A

Can see the exact location there.

But yeah. as mentioned. no idea if it means anything at all.

Just find these things very interesting (treassure hunts in games)-

Not even sure if there are red stars normally- Just never noticed. Also it seams the scope can amplyfy sounds, yet I could not figure out what would cause the humming. (or vibrating noise to be exact.)

BTW nothing special is seen/ heard during the day it seams.

nz_gtaguy
  • nz_gtaguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Those numbers are hexadecimal. Convert them using a hexadecimal converter. http://easycalculati...x-converter.php

For example 9DD2897A in hexadecimal is:

2647820666 in decimal

Ò‰z in string

10011101110100101000100101111010 in binary.

It's the the very root of coding..

I tried putting 9DD2897A and 2647820666 in the GTA phone but just got Unknown BUSY.

Anyway the numbers are definitely hex values so take it from there.

Kossumaisteri
  • Kossumaisteri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Search game files for those hex numbers i guess they mean something.

nz_gtaguy
  • nz_gtaguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Search game files for those hex numbers i guess they mean something.

Yer you're onto it. :cool:

NanoByte
  • NanoByte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by NanoByte, 25 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

guys, can someone decode this.

LuXor14
  • LuXor14

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Joined just for this interesting thread. I decoded the signal using the RX-SSTV software, which gives the following image

oQHEtp1.png

Apparently, this time it's a whole other image.

• qkdefus likes this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

This thread has gone totally stupid.

Kossumaisteri
  • Kossumaisteri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by Kossumaisteri, 26 September 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Luxor14, nice try troll.

LuXor14
  • LuXor14

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by LuXor14, 26 September 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Luxor14, nice try troll.

I'm not trolling. The image I posted is the decoded image from the SSTV signal from the video NanoByte posted.

If you don't believe it, try it for yourself. You can download the SSTV software from here and try it yourself.

darkcide
  • darkcide

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Just put a noise gate on it and most of the ambient noises will go. if someone wants to post the MP3 i can have a go at trying to clean it up

darkcide
  • darkcide

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by darkcide, 26 September 2013 - 01:30 AM.

edit: never mind more are showing up like that because they aren't all hex codes

jarod77
  • jarod77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

hello all please sorry my speak , i'm not speak english (google traduction ).Epsilon has a direct relationship with the UFO .it's written on the site once all the task complete. the egg is in the lake, but which one?they tell us that the apple out of the egg ... I think its a direct connection. near franklin in a wall is a picture of an apple with a home find 1807 I'll try to send you a picture .1380161539-img-1177.jpg1380161536-img-1176.jpg

nz_gtaguy
  • nz_gtaguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by nz_gtaguy, 26 September 2013 - 08:15 AM.

Luxor14, nice try troll.

He's not trolling. I did it and got the same image. Here's a screenshot to prove it.

No need to clean the sound up. Just install RX-SSTV. Click setup then Soundcard Input then play the video. Works like a charm.

gta5-sstv.gif

I think an apology is in order.

Great work LuXor14 and everyone who contributed. I think we completly solved a GT5 easter egg.

I've now got a nice new toy to add to my ham radio collection.

73 LuXor14 ZL2MGD out.  :)

• The Wooden Mask and LuXor14 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users