Photo

creepy easter egg: signals in ocean

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic
The Chad Man
  • The Chad Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by The Chad Man, 24 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

so i beat gta 5 a few days ago and i spent my 3 day weekend to playing the sh*t out of this game, and yesterday I hit 100% completion

i messed around last night to find the UFO easter eggs (1 above zancudo, 1 above chilad, and lights above zancudo)

after finding the ufo on top of chiliad i was sailing around the ocean northwest of paleto bay looking for this stuff: http://i.imgur.com/RsFvgRF.jpg

anyway i was boating way off the coast late at night (in the game), and the radio on the boat started stutering and fing up. I heard someone read a ton of numbers for a minute, but it was really quiet to try and write down what he was saying
after that there were beeps that were WAAAY louder than the speech for another min.

I was playing michael at the time but I dunno if that matters, and I went to the chilad during storm to see the flying ufo like half an hour b4 i went treasure hunting, ibut im pretty sure 100% completion is required at least. when I woke up today I tried to do it again but I couldnt ifnd the exact spot :(
did this happen to anybody else yet? sorry if its already been posted, i just registered and didnt look past first page

UPDATE

cmarst got footage

• Eutyphro, Luna Lovegood, MythHunter1 and 1 other like this

Mehk
  • Mehk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Someone said they found something that looks like the hatch from Lost. What you describe sounds like something related to that. Numbers and radio interference. I'll have to check it out.

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'll have to check that out too.. I loved Lost!

charmcitysking
  • charmcitysking

The King if GTA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hey you said beeps? Maybe it was a morse code message?

The Chad Man
  • The Chad Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Hey you said beeps? Maybe it was a morse code message?

i dont think it was morse code because the beeps had differnt pitchs and were p. close together. i lisetned to some morse code just now and it didnt sound like what i heard

god84
  • god84

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Are you sure it wasnt the radio just retuning? Because i dont know if many people know this but if your in blaine county you will have different radio stations than in the city, i noticed this the other day when driving from blaine to city i had the Blaine County Radio on (talk show) and when i passed through Vinewood hills it automatically did the whole frequencey change, so i clicked to change channel to my other fav channel LS Radio, with FERNANDO.

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Are you sure it wasnt the radio just retuning? Because i dont know if many people know this but if your in blaine county you will have different radio stations than in the city, i noticed this the other day when driving from blaine to city i had the Blaine County Radio on (talk show) and when i passed through Vinewood hills it automatically did the whole frequencey change, so i clicked to change channel to my other fav channel LS Radio, with FERNANDO.

Those talk shows are hilarious!
  • LiquidNitrogen likes this

Dellboi_91
  • Dellboi_91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Only on around 30% completion of this game, but i've been to the northwest twice once on a helicopter and the other time in an aeroplane.

The first time my helicopter just mysteriously caught on fire, so i jumped into the ocean and noticed there were some mountains in the distance, so i decided to swim towards it ended up getting eaten by a shark FAIL -_-

Second time on my aeroplane the engine just randomly cut out when i reached the very top left of the map.

Never had the radio on both times so i never got that strange beeping sound

NanoByte
  • NanoByte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

it took me like 4 hours of sailing back and forth to get to the right spot, but i finally did it. when you get in the ''signal bubble'', even if the radio is off it will start to jitter and distort. about 5 seconds later some microsoft sam-ish voice starts reading off letters nad numbers, i turned my volume up and wrote them all down:

9DD2897A
0D69C42D
7DE71CD
?D0277 (couldn't make out the first letter)
91D90EC
1DD0174

there's another few seconds of silence, and then the 'radio distortion' starts. the most important thing i noticed is that it isn't radi distortion or morse code; it's a musical key followed by some kind of raw radio broadcast.
there's a few seconds of a high-pitched musical callsign at the end and beginning of the signal. After that, it goes completely silent.

more details; i did this while playing as michael, but just to replicate what OP did. i still dont know if it makes any difference
the in-game phone said it was just after 2 AM when the signal started playing

there's a pretty small 'bubble' of space where it plays way, way in the ocean. like, near the corner of the map. when I character swapped after finishing the signal, i could see where the clouds cut off

if I'm right, the bubble can only appear in a certain time (probably 12-3 AM, knowing how the other easter eggs use the same process) and maybe a certain weather (it was perfectly clear but I don't know how it was for op/anyone else this happened to, so I have nothing to compare to)

the 'beeping' sounded a lot like a fax machine. there was about 2-3 seconds of a high-pitched musical key, then another maybe 45 seconds of monotonic beeps going up and down in pitch (best i can describe it). then the same/similar musical key at the end, then... silence
  • ONZO likes this

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

PSN: xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

it took me like 4 hours of sailing back and forth to get to the right spot, but i finally did it. when you get in the ''signal bubble'', even if the radio is off it will start to jitter and distort. about 5 seconds later some microsoft sam-ish voice starts reading off letters nad numbers, i turned my volume up and wrote them all down:

9DD2897A
0D69C42D
7DE71CD
91D90EC
1DD0174

there's another few seconds of silence, and then the 'radio distortion' starts. the most important thing i noticed is that it isn't radi distortion or morse code; it's a musical key followed by some kind of raw radio broadcast.
there's a few seconds of a high-pitched musical callsign at the end and beginning of the signal. After that, it goes completely silent.

more details; i did this while playing as michael, but just to replicate what OP did. i still dont know if it makes any difference

there's a pretty small 'bubble' of space where it plays way, way in the ocean. like, near the corner of the map. when I character swapped after finishing the signal, i could see where the clouds cut off

if I'm right, the bubble can only appear in a certain time (probably 12-3 AM, knowing how the other easter eggs use the same process) and maybe a certain weather (it was perfectly clear but I don't know how it was for op/anyone else this happened to, so I have nothing to compare to)

the 'beeping' sounded a lot like a fax machine. there was about 2-3 seconds of a high-pitched musical key, then another maybe 45 seconds of monotonic beeps going up and down in pitch (best i can describe it). then the same/similar musical key at the end, then... silence

Well done bro amazing job!bravo!Maybe these letters and numbers mean something IN the game??Like Stocks maybe cheats or some coordinates??

Regards!

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you could find that bubble again sometime, maybe you could use the Dinghy/Dingy *not sure how to spell it* so you can dive down with the Scuba Gear and see if there is anything under that exact spot?

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

9DD2897A
0D69C42D
7DE71CD
91D90EC
1DD0174

Well done bro amazing job!bravo!Maybe these letters and numbers mean something IN the game??Like Stocks maybe cheats or some coordinates??

Regards!

what about phone number? the letters would represent numbers like 2 = abc 3 =def

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

9DD2897A
0D69C42D
7DE71CD
91D90EC
1DD0174

Regards!

what about phone number? the letters would represent numbers like 2 = abc 3 =def

Could be anything,i guess we need to try!

Regards!

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

did a google search of the first number....quite interesting coult it be a base 14 based?

The number 75264133 in various Numeral Systems

Base Representation bin 100011111000111000010000101 3 12020121210222111 4 10133013002011 5 123231423013 6 11245101021 7 1602506650 oct 437070205 9 166553874 10 75264133 11 3953706a 12 21257771 13 127928b9 14 9dd2897 15 691a73d hex 47c7085

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Oh and next time someone goes to see the bubble can you get a picture of the location please? I'd like to check it out myself

EDIT: Like the exact location i mean lol.

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

did a google search of the first number....quite interesting coult it be a base 14 based?

The number 75264133 in various Numeral Systems

Base Representation bin 100011111000111000010000101 3 12020121210222111 4 10133013002011 5 123231423013 6 11245101021 7 1602506650 oct 437070205 9 166553874 10 75264133 11 3953706a 12 21257771 13 127928b9 14 9dd2897 15 691a73d hex 47c7085

Still doens't make the sense we need if you feel me :/ 

Regards!

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

A numbers station is a type of shortwave radio station characterized by unusual broadcasts, often created by artificially generated voices reciting streams of numbers, words, letters, tunes or Morse code. They are transmitted in a wide variety of languages and the voices are usually female, although sometimes men's or children's voices are used.

In the 1960s, Time magazine reported[citation needed] that the numbers stations first appeared shortly after World War II and were imitating a format that had been used to send weather data during that war. It is widely assumed that these broadcasts transmit covert messages to spies. This has not been officially acknowledged by any government that may operate a numbers station, and QSL responses have been received from numbers stations by shortwave listeners who sent reception reports to said stations, which is the expected behavior of a non-clandestine station.[1][2]

• KrazyFace likes this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 24 September 2013 - 06:55 PM.

A numbers station is a type of shortwave radio station characterized by unusual broadcasts, often created by artificially generated voices reciting streams of numbers, words, letters, tunes or Morse code. They are transmitted in a wide variety of languages and the voices are usually female, although sometimes men's or children's voices are used.

In the 1960s, Time magazine reported[citation needed] that the numbers stations first appeared shortly after World War II and were imitating a format that had been used to send weather data during that war. It is widely assumed that these broadcasts transmit covert messages to spies. This has not been officially acknowledged by any government that may operate a numbers station, and QSL responses have been received from numbers stations by shortwave listeners who sent reception reports to said stations, which is the expected behavior of a non-clandestine station.[1][2]

Now we are starting to get somewhere, think that there could be a station underwater? From the blueprint map picture it looks like there might be something under the water near the message bubble, maybe a wrecked ship, or even an underwater base.

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Holly sh*t O.O...

Ree...gards?lol

EseAdsDRIV3
  • EseAdsDRIV3

Dope Sport

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

This reminds me of "Ancient Mysterys or something like that on Netflix...
Sure its wasnt that reggae station to the left of the radio off cycle?
You know they one song that reoeats Gaaayggaaygggaygaygaygayggaaygggayyggay? huh
  • Gavlah likes this

cmarst93
  • cmarst93

follow me on lifeinvader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by cmarst93, 24 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

i found it

i tried too copy chadmans method

so first i went to top of chiliad of thunderstorm & saw the aliens

then i went to palettto and got a boat and went to northwest corner of the map

it took like 2 ingame days to find the rght spot (lol) but it wasnt a waste of time

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KkSO6Mlbnxs

also NanoByte got the numbers F*cked up pretty bad, missed like aalmost half of them

these are the right ones I think

9DD28978,  0D69C42D,  7DEL71CD,  ED02877,  91D9DOC01,  1DD60174,  682DEC00D2,  EC173904D8,  8D41DET,  1DAD47D,  64DED890B,  ECD5D454D1,  85DCE83C7,  1C389656,  6OFEC408640,  OFEC62D97A,  AD5697C

same thinghappened that he described tho

a lot of numbers, then loud fax machine stuff

after the signal stopped I dove down and ketp switching characters to regen my breath (could also see where clouds cut off), there was a really bright light at the bottom but whun I tried to swim 2 it i started dying from the ocean pressure

can anyone try and figure out what the fax machine sound is? im pretty sure its not just radio interferenece

edit:

also i got out of th eboat and it kept playing from the stereo, like in the video

• daddy2twins likes this

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

http://irdial.hyperr...d_21_irdial.mp3 is it sort of like that?

The Chad Man
  • The Chad Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

holy crap cmarst thats wha i heard. when i got off my   boat  i kept hearing it too

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

holy crap cmarst thats wha i heard. when i got off my   boat  i kept hearing it too

what the f*ck....well it is creepy indeed :p

Regards brothers!

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

The beeping reminds me of the SSTV Signal Easter Egg from Portal 2, so maybe someone should use a decoder to try and get something out of it.

• flyingmonkey97 likes this

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

where is the exact location of this signal?

xxTsKxx
  • xxTsKxx

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

The beeping reminds me of the SSTV Signal Easter Egg from Portal 2, so maybe someone should use a decoder to try and get something out of it.

It reminds me of an old game i had play with Nazi's,sounds like a german woman....to my ears,might be wrong,but thats what reminds me!

Regards brothers!

NanoByte
  • NanoByte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

i found it

it took like 2 ingame days to find the rght spot (lol) but it wasnt a waste of time

also NanoByte got the numbers F*cked up pretty bad, missed like aalmost half of them

9DD28978,  0D69C42D,  7DEL71CD,  ED02877,  91D9DOC01,  1DD60174,  682DEC00D2,  EC173904D8,  8D41DET,  1DAD47D,  64DED890B,  ECD5D454D1,  85DCE83C7,  1C389656,  6OFEC408640,  OFEC62D97A,  AD5697C

after the signal stopped I dove down and ketp switching characters to regen my breath (could also see where clouds cut off), there was a really bright light at the bottom but whun I tried to swim 2 it i started dying from the ocean pressure

can anyone try and figure out what the fax machine sound is? im pretty sure its not just radio interferenece

edit:

also i got out of th eboat and it kept playing from the stereo, like in the video

this is pretty much exactly what happened to me

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Now that is a good theory, know anyone that can try this?

ferminator748
  • ferminator748

Mark Chump

• Members

i found it

edit:

We've got to bring the sub out there.  We need to figure out what that light is!

• anotherk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users