Photo

Opinions on Google [Youtube]

12 replies to this topic
stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

So as you all know, Google has owned youtube for quite along time now. and made it better or worse over the years compared to its old self.
What's your opinion on it? with all the changes and removal of useful features. I absoutely hate them.
Things google has removed RECENTLY:
Video drop down lists for a user you're watching
Video Responses
Linked Comments
Stream Groups
Good Channel Designs
Bigger Player.
Inbox button

They also made it so when videos are paused, it only buffers seven seconds of a video and stops outright there, meaning people with bad internet can only watch a video seven seconds at a time.

not to mention the unneeded design changes every few months.

• Lucchese likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Don't forget money and false copyright.

Gtamissions, GTASeriesfa**ots, Wilzyyy, Stilefty, gameplay commentaries and a bunch of other people get nothing, they are free to upload (and even worse: have their vids "Official") while I get some sh*tty third party strikes for no actual reason.

And on one of my SR videos I got a copyright claim by THQ (They are bankrupt), are you f*cking kidding me Youtube?

• stevean2 likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

^ Gameplay videos generally do not fall into the "fair use" category if they don't have commentary on them. The soundtrack in those games might also be copyrighted. You can dispute any content id claims if you think you meet the criteria for fair use, but even then, some copyright owners might not grant you the rights for the content.

YouTube is not to be blamed here. It's the content owners that abuse the system or misuse it. Without this system YouTube would have been sued so many times that the site would have been shut down by now.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I HATE  how the player says that it cannot play 360p or 480p by disabling it when its loading... 

It auto chooses pixel if i am not logged in... gods sake its annoying..

Also the advertisements.... like for every f*cking videos....

they should leave it alone...

• stevean2 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

They're a big company. For anything to get anywhere you have to complain to them in large amounts (of people). Use the feedback button at the bottom, write professionally, and urge others to do the same. Also read the terms and policy so you know what you're allowed to do, remember that you legally agreed to them a few years ago, and "who the hell reads those anyway" isn't a valid excuse.

rojG8Nl.jpg

• BnB and stevean2 like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

They f*cked up the YT android app with their latest "update" recently too. It really boils my piss whenever something is fixed for the worse, and Google have been successfully doing this by murdering YT on a regular basis.

• stevean2 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

And on one of my SR videos I got a copyright claim by THQ (They are bankrupt), are you f*cking kidding me Youtube?

To Bankrupt a business doesn't mean the copyrights are null and void. They may still own the 'property'.

http://bankruptcy.co...-in-bankruptcy/

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

They're a big company. For anything to get anywhere you have to complain to them in large amounts (of people). Use the feedback button at the bottom, write professionally, and urge others to do the same. Also read the terms and policy so you know what you're allowed to do, remember that you legally agreed to them a few years ago, and "who the hell reads those anyway" isn't a valid excuse.

rojG8Nl.jpg

Thanks mayn.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

I HATE  how the player says that it cannot play 360p or 480p by disabling it when its loading... 

It auto chooses pixel if i am not logged in... gods sake its annoying..

f*ckin this. I hate when YouTube downgrades video quality and grays out the option especially when I know full well my internet connection easily handles loading it.

• milkmansun likes this

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I don't like google or youtube really. I've had a YT account since 2006 though. But after having over hundred videos TAKEN from me
because of their logic. Videos not owned by anyone except me. I stopped uploading 2 years ago because of that. I just basically use it to view and comment.
Google has always been useless for the most part. Takes HOURS to find what I search for. I type something in and the complete opposite shows up.

Like typing a name of a city, a complete opposite city shows up instead even though I typed the other. I try to be as specific as possible and still rarely
find what I type. I often have to use other search providers. Google Translate is "okay" but it's a rough translation, it never is accurate. GooglePLUS
I use mainly as a news source. I don't use it for its useless social bullsh*t. Google Drive is a joke because its limited tiny space and terrible upload amount
making it impossible to upload huge files. I have to have like multiple Google accounts just to get the extra space.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

I never really put much thought into them, but it bugs the hell out of me whenever they change the youtube layout ever few months or so

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

One more thing guys, Youtube compression is not that good... when gamers upload their video, the quality of video is not that as original.

It makes it little cloudy, check GTA V videos if u want...

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

The 7 second buffering is the stupidest most annoying thing ever, if there was an option to edit the amount of time to buffer it would be great though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users