I don't get how people like Michael

136 replies to this topic
123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

Michael is a Judas. Although the only way for him to step out of the game and have his family safe was to betray Brad and Trevor. I too would do the same. Besides wasn't Brad going to cap Michael soon anyway and Trevor was fine with it? Brad and Michael didn't like each other. So if it didn't go like it did, it was either Trevor and Brad killing Michael. All three characters are hypocrites. That's what makes the characters interesting in GTA. Rockstar always gives their characters that hypocrisy characteristic.

• Cakelover21 likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

I like all three characters, but the amount of love Michael gets and the hate the other two get does perplex me.  Michael is basically the character everyone hated in every other GTA game, the back stabbing prick.

But since he has a dysfunctional family and shows regret that his backstabbing didn't get him the perfect life he wanted, people give him a pass.

• FANTOMTRON and matajuegos01 like this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

No more stupid movie quotes please.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Because he's a realist. He knows what he has to do to survive and does it without hesitation. I'm pretty sure if Niko was put in the same situation he would do something similar, probably not go the the FIB... But he would simply cap Trevor and Brad.

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

Because he's a realist. He knows what he has to do to survive and does it without hesitation. I'm pretty sure if Niko was put in the same situation he would do something similar, probably not go the the FIB... But he would simply cap Trevor and Brad.

The FIB came to him.

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yeah Michael's old flabby snitch ass got killed the first chance they gave me. Only switched to him when forced and when I wanted to f*ck with Jimmy.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

And why wouldn't people like Michael? He's not my favorite, but I don't find a reason to hate him

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

I like him as a character but at the end of the day Michael only loves Michael. He is a very self centered person and a hypocrite. He was still interesting to play.

Michael can be selfish at times but it's pretty obvious that he cares a lot of Franklin. Just look at the end cutscene to "Dead Man Walking". He knows sh*t is about to go down and what does he do? He tries to tell Franklin to leave town so he doesn't get involve in michaels mistakes

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Only switched to him when forced and when I wanted to f*ck with Jimmy.

No joke I thought this said "Only switched to him when forced and when I wanted to f*ck Jimmy".

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

I like him as a character but at the end of the day Michael only loves Michael. He is a very self centered person and a hypocrite. He was still interesting to play.

Michael can be selfish at times but it's pretty obvious that he cares a lot of Franklin. Just look at the end cutscene to "Dead Man Walking". He knows sh*t is about to go down and what does he do? He tries to tell Franklin to leave town so he doesn't get involve in michaels mistakes
Even more so in ending B. Even when Michael knows Franklin is trying to kill him he tells him that he viewed him like a son. Hell, Michael could have killed Franklin then and there if he wanted to, but he didn't. Why? Because he actually cared about him.

Michael isn't a snitch, he just does what he can to keep those closer to him alive and well.

SWAGLand
  • SWAGLand

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

hes boring like franklin and trevor-try-hard

fresh-prince-carlton-banks-400a1113.jpg

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

When I switched to that cutscene that shows Michael talking down to an employee on the movie set I admit I thought less of him. He came from poverty himself so how can he be a snob?

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

what trevor is near michael as the most liked on this forum

its franklin who is the least liked

• Vercetti family likes this

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:24 AM Edited by Vercetti family, 18 April 2014 - 06:25 AM.

Only not that, after ending A he tries to hide the fact that he is angry over Franklin for killing Trevor and says we're friends, but I need some time.
Some time. This shows he cares for Trevor too . he just doesn't have too many options for loyalty and friendship.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

I like Michael, with his disfunctional family and temper issues. I think Trevor really highlights the group of protagonists though. Really, I like all of the protagonists but Trevor's absurd behavior and surprisingly witty comments on things put him in a whole different level. I expected Michael to be the brains of the group, but does anybody else agree with me that Trevor is a f*cking genious?

Trevors genius could be compared to Howling Mad Murdock from the A-Team :D

murdoch+a+team+290x400.jpg

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE SUCH A MAGNIFICENT CHARACTER TO TREVOR?!

And Michael's the best of a bad situation.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

There's Candy In My Briefcase

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

Can you blame him look at his family how can you not be depressed? F*ck I felt depressed for him especially 

Spoiler

Exactly, when I first played the game and seen Jimmy he reminded me of Seth from superbad.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

Can you blame him look at his family how can you not be depressed? F*ck I felt depressed for him especially 

Spoiler

Exactly, when I first played the game and seen Jimmy he reminded me of Seth from superbad.

I thought you was going to say Seth Briars, I was going to say did I miss something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users