Photo

I don't get how people like Michael

136 replies to this topic
leon3789
  • leon3789

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

I love all 3, I can't hate any of them, but to be honest, Micheal just seems the most real to me. 

His life is kind of sh*t, and he knows it. Sure he has sh*t tons of money, lives in a big house etc. But he is stuck in a loveless marriage, with 2 kids who seem to hate his guts and take advantage of him any chance they get. 

Spoiler

It just makes sense that he acts the way he does and is depressed most of the time, how would you feel if your life was like that? Just remember, money can't buy happiness.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Michael = bad ass kingpin

trevor = retarded trailer trash

franklin = Michaels bitch

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

I prefer Micheal over all of them, Franklin coming in 2nd. It's just the way his character is. It seems like his story is deeper than the other two and in ways he's more badass at the things he does.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

He is a great character. They all are. And there is something to hate about each of them. Especially Trevor. I don't get how Trevor can have so many fanboys and then people turn around and hate on another character for something they did in the story. Trevor ruined a lot of lives. Killed a lot of people.

Spoiler

Also if you pay attention to the dialog you will see that he chased Ron's wife off, and he murdered all of Wade's friends on their way to a concert. And then he gets them hooked on meth so they stay around. All the while threatening and beating them. If you are looking at some one and how good or bad they are as a character morally, then Trevor is the worst. Not to mention that he cries about not having anyone in his life. No woman, no friends. But he continues to act the way he does.

And then Franklin acting high and mighty and brushing his buddy Lamar aside. Wanting to throw that friendship away. His sad begging of Tanisha to get back with him was incredibly annoying.

And my biggest gripe with Mike was that he was a selfish rat. He sold out his friends, and then later during the last heist he kind of ignores his family after they were attacked. And yeah he bitches about his life. But it seems like he knows he has anger problems and he wants to change.

They all have bad points, but they all redeem themselves a bit at least. And they have their good points as well. Which I find more entertaining and outweigh the bad in the end.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

He is a great character. They all are. And there is something to hate about each of them. Especially Trevor. I don't get how Trevor can have so many fanboys and then people turn around and hate on another character for something they did in the story. Trevor ruined a lot of lives. Killed a lot of people.

Spoiler

Also if you pay attention to the dialog you will see that he chased Ron's wife off, and he murdered all of Wade's friends on their way to a concert. And then he gets them hooked on meth so they stay around. All the while threatening and beating them. If you are looking at some one and how good or bad they are as a character morally, then Trevor is the worst. Not to mention that he cries about not having anyone in his life. No woman, no friends. But he continues to act the way he does.

And then Franklin acting high and mighty and brushing his buddy Lamar aside. Wanting to throw that friendship away. His sad begging of Tanisha to get back with him was incredibly annoying.

And my biggest gripe with Mike was that he was a selfish rat. He sold out his friends, and then later during the last heist he kind of ignores his family after they were attacked. And yeah he bitches about his life. But it seems like he knows he has anger problems and he wants to change.

They all have bad points, but they all redeem themselves a bit at least. And they have their good points as well. Which I find more entertaining and outweigh the bad in the end.

The only person Mike sold out was 

Spoiler
He just stopped talking with the rest of his friends and
Spoiler
He also didn't ignore his family they moved out of the house to somewhere safe while he took care of the problem, including the last heist so he wouldn't have to keep doing any more jobs. Not that he isn't a selfish rat. Just not as big of one as you make him out to be.

Personally, I found Franklin just as whiny as Michael and quite the pushover. All anyone had to do was insult him and he'd help to prove he wasn't whatever they called him. His catch phrase seemed to be "What?" 

• Pastry likes this

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by Snapabowl, 25 September 2013 - 05:55 AM.

On my first playthrough I

MAJOR SPOILER [Don't read unless you've beaten the game]

Spoiler

Honestly as I played the game I really started to distrust Michael and felt like he was just a shady guy in general.  Both Franklin and Trevor seemed much more friendly, even if they are all psychotic in a way.  Michael seemed much quicker to betray his friends for his own personal gains.  He is seen constantly making things about himself.  I still liked him and even had to replay the game

Spoiler

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by polycount, 25 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

It's very understandable WHY Michael is depressed, considering his family-life.

yeah it's understandable, but for me switching to him is a mess, everytime you get a depressing atmosphere

I liked that. It gave me some feelings of end-game GTA 4 free roaming.

I almost want to replay the game again to get to the part where his family leaves him just so I can live that life again. Michael has a lot of redeeming qualities. He's protective of his family, he appears to be a legitimately good guy who made bad choices. He's easy for me to sympathize with.

Trevor was a huge asshole. Read what some people have said above to see why, I agree with them.

Franklin I liked, but I'm not sure exactly what to make of him. Better than trevor for sure, but he's just sorta a weird, off to the side kinda character IMO.

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

I just dont get why he doesnt have any friends in LS after living there for 10 years. All he did was watching movies?

He is friends with his neighbor and other golfers and the golf course...

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

I'm sure he has friends. The game isn't going to tell us EVERY aspect of his life..It doesn't show us every time he needs to take a sh*t or go down to get the mail..

If you hang out with Franklin a few times, Franklin actually says "so you just sit around and watch movies all the time?" and he said "I don't know..I have friends, but then ya don't call them in a while.."

Wish I knew exactly how that exchange went, but it was very similar to this conversation actually.

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

I like Michael and Trevor the best Franklin is just too boring. There is really no reason he is a character in this game.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Actually if you consider the way Trevor speaks and how immensely manipulative he is with people, he is most likely the smartest of the 3.

as for living in a trailer, well, he is a fugitive on the run after all. Plus, as Michael pointed out, he is a Hipster. A true hipster wouldn't have a consumer mindset. 

• RolfStarGames and Pastry like this

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

He's just depressed all the tim telling me how bad he is.

Find it much more boring with him, the other 2 characters you will be surprised again and again.

'm curious, seems to give a lot of Michael fanboys here.

Reminds me of Tony Soprano in a way, espcially the relationship with his family. Did people like Tony motherf*ckin Soprano?

PSN-Chivo_De_leon
  • PSN-Chivo_De_leon

UN Mafia R* Crew

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Michael 1st Tervor 2nd Franklin 3rd
Michael looks normal and has nice things. The house looks great and the character remind me of Max Payne. Tervor more hood then Franklin he's willing to kill, sell drugs, and has a background in a military force. So for that Tervor has the will and way to make money. Also I love that I've done missions for no pay but Tervor finds a way to come up on vehicle! Also Trevor is much smarter then he projects most brilliant men are. Albert Einstein almost never changed clothes but he would make gess that held true. A man talking about light mass and energy sounding like a psycho. Franklin the most less favorite character (my opinion) he has no hood feel. He don't have that NWA feel CJ had. also reminds me of a college student.... Suburb kid that visit the family in the getto on holiday and smoke with his high school friends just to say he was on the block with them. Also chop on Ifruit annoying when you don't like Franklin. For being reminded to pick up crap from a dog you don't want, he is a strong 3rd. Trevor has me laughing and he about money. Michael has that average man feel. You know the type he works at the post office till that day the bag feels to heavy so he leave the bag in the street, goes to aumunation and hits all the stores for cash till he's on the ten o'clock last moments behind the sprunk bottles popping at cops yelling Catch it you too and you! ^^ hope you agree if not it American deal with it.
  • Cutter De Blanc and Pastry like this

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Actually if you consider the way Trevor speaks and how immensely manipulative he is with people, he is most likely the smartest of the 3.

as for living in a trailer, well, he is a fugitive on the run after all. Plus, as Michael pointed out, he is a Hipster. A true hipster wouldn't have a consumer mindset. 

theyre all good. but i still put mike up top

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

To be honest, Trevor is the best of them.

Just simply awesome how he figures out everything and even though a psycho, and sometimes he acts like an idiot, he has the best ideas. 

• Pastry likes this

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

if you don't like him then don't play him. jesus

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Michael is loyal to those he actually cares about, unlike Trevor who would kill anyone if he had to..

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

poster_khmdebnrtk.jpg

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Michael is loyal to those he actually cares about, unlike Trevor who would kill anyone if he had to..

Lol no. Trevor is loyal too and he wants friends.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

He is believable. He is fleshed out with Therapy and family-related missions plus he is the leader. Trevor just does stuff because he is crazy which isn't a good reason it just seems lazy. Franklin is a stereotype all the way through who is just a less-skilled less-fleshed out version of CJ without the cool custom options and family. It seems the most work went into Michael and so naturally he is going to have plenty of fans

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

i like Franklin as him and CJ used to be friends down in the hood.

Probably one of the stupidest comments I've seen in a while.  Nevermind the universe thing this time.  Franklin would have only been 4 years old when San Andreas took place.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

i like Franklin as him and CJ used to be friends down in the hood.

Probably one of the stupidest comments I've seen in a while.  Nevermind the universe thing this time.  Franklin would have only been 4 years old when San Andreas took place.

Tough hood life nigga, kids hiding meth in diapers.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

You finished all the story missions and skipped all the cutscenes then?

• Pastry likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 25 September 2013 - 12:19 PM.

His bullet time superpower makes him the fastest gunslinger in the West.  So yes, I love his character as much as the other two.  All three are dope and unique enough.

Dressed in Max Payne's parrot open t-shirt, black slacks, and tropical shoes.  A little Westcoast flavor to his style while he shoots his way out of hairy situations.

Along with all that, he's a family man and vicariously I can have a family of my own through him.  Since I don't have kids, it brings out some sort of protective instincts out of me that I didn't know were there to begin with.

Also love the father/son dynamic between him and Franklin.  Sort of like Jesse and Heisenberg.

Plus, he's a sneaky guy just like me.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Don't like Michael?

Spoiler

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

-_- if there only was a facepalm icon...

Why do you think they added 3 characters instead of one? because of the looks? no...

Because they all balance eachother.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Urr, he's a good character. The boring one is Franklin, since he barely appears in the story and he sounds like a Ghetto douche.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Maybe because he is the main character and the best one??? Trevor is a f*cking prick and Franklin just stands there all the time, he's not even making part of the main thing, Michael and Trevor's story

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Michael is real. Hes a believeable character.

This.

Michael and Franklin are my favorites.

Trevor is nothing but a Heath Ledger's Joker ripoff put in the game to apeal to the younger players who think anything "crazy" is kewl.

IRL Trevor would have been killed ages ago for being how he is.

Those 2 guys he bosses around would have murdered him in his sleep, probably.

Guys like Trevor don't last long IRL. He's the one thing that reminds me the most that its just a game when I play,TBH.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Michael's My Favourite

mine too, he's a pro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users