GTA will get monetization - buy In-game moneay with real money

97 replies to this topic
Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

also.. lets be honest.. most people will spend their cash customizing cars and buying cars/clothes.. at first I wasnt with the idea, but it makes a lot of sense now.  i might consider doing it if the price is right, since i work a lot and dont have 14hrs a day to play an online videogame.   just remember, kiddies, its only an option.  

That's right kiddies, and also remember how great it will be to get "pwnd" by that rich kid who keeps putting in money and buying the Buzzard whenever he wants.

The Buzzard is no longer able to spam rockets and it is also much harder to control, I am not seeing the issue here. GO ahead, buy a Buzzard but I know such people will not be "pwning" the kids who don't buy the packs.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by Lagful, 24 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Now all the spoiled little sh*ts are going to get all the most expensive properties and items at launch. So much for having to actually progress in the game to get all the nice sh*t. Oh well.. most of them will get bored within the first week, because there will be "nothing to do" since they bought everything. I know I won't be wasting my money on it.

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

People are surprised by this? It was obvious this was going to be the case with GTA Online when it was first announced. Sure it sucks, but that's just the way these type of free-to-play MMO games work.

The bigger content that gets added to GTA Online will require extra fees as well. Don't like it? Don't buy it. I won't.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Theres absolutely no way I am going to be spending real money to buy fake money on this game. I'll earn it from playing it.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Theres absolutely no way I am going to be spending real money to buy fake money on this game. I'll earn it from playing it.

And the problem is that you may have to play hundreds of hours to get a decent amount of money to buy the things you want. Especially properties or expensive cars.
GTAO has missions but many of them you need to do with a crew and not alone. So it will take some time cause your crew isnt around everytime you are.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by one55, 24 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

If Rockstar pull this on us then I won't be touching GTAO.

I play games for the gameplay. I want to earn the money in the game by actually playing it and not by spending real money. f*ck that sh*t.

Do it all you want Rockstar. You won't be getting my money.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

gta online better be 10x better than singleplayer and every interior better be enterable.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Calm your tits people, it's just rumors

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was..."

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by keysersozeh, 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

People are surprised by this? It was obvious this was going to be the case with GTA Online when it was first announced. Sure it sucks, but that's just the way these type of free-to-play MMO games work.

The bigger content that gets added to GTA Online will require extra fees as well. Don't like it? Don't buy it. I won't.

- This is not an MMO (at least one of the M's stands for Massive which means alot of players... 16 is not alot)
- If you re a little competitive, these microtransaction sh*t will destroy that
- Influencing Bawsaq by bought money is very irritating

So yea if it was only irritating to just the player who destoys his own characters evolution (and with that the gameplay) by buying this microsh*t... it wouldve been okay. But when u look at my 3 points above.. it could irritate other gamers as well. Rockstar will become subject to its own satire this way. 

"Don't like it? Don't buy it. I won't" will not cut it. I bought the game, especially for GTA Online, BEFORE i knew this crap... sooo kinda too late !

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Whilst I think this is cheeky as hell of R*, you absolutely don't need this. The amounts they're selling are a pittance anyway!
Here is a legit way to make over 1 billion per character with no cheats or hacks-
http://www.reddit.co...each_character/

I've used this and it works, hopefully it will help others out.

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Whilst I think this is cheeky as hell of R*, you absolutely don't need this. The amounts they're selling are a pittance anyway!
Here is a legit way to make over 1 billion per character with no cheats or hacks-
http://www.reddit.co...each_character/

You're linking to an article about the single player way of becoming a billionaire. You know this is about GTA Online right?

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

If this is truly optional, and there's still a wide array of options available without having to spend real money, I can live with it. But if it ends up becoming GTA-meets-Second Life, or GTA-meets-COD, then GTA V will be the final game in the series I purchase. And if R* do it with any of their future titles beyond GTA, I won't be buying them either. This is coming from a long time fan of the series, too. They've always been one of the VERY few companies out in recent times (aside from really Bethesda and Konami) to actually give you a quality product over $$$. For them to suddenly bait & switch on their fans like that would be the lowest possible move they could pull. Best case scenario after something like this? Maybe I get one of their games on sale, or from a bargain bin. Maybe. Because that's all they'll be worth to me in this modern-day "let's milk the end-user for more, even though we have enough for 10 lifetimes" mentality.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't approve of this at all.

Everyone should work to make their money fair and square. By all means kill, cheat and rob to make money but just keep real money out of it.

I know it's tempting but if you have a shred of decency at all, you will refuse to buy this is supposed cards out of principle. 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Maybe if people buy this. It will disable their achievements and stats since this is a cheat.

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by jonc24, 24 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Here is a legit way to make over 1 billion per character with no cheats or hacks-http://www.reddit.co...each_character/

You're linking to an article about the single player way of becoming a billionaire. You know this is about GTA Online right?
Yes but people are being a bit "conspiracy theorist" that this is the reason it's apparently hard to make money in the game. One guy even said it takes hundreds of hours to make any real money. We have to assume they are talking about thing single player game as nobody's played online yet. Understand?

Another point - wasn't GTA V satirising this kind of DLC thing with their Call of Duty spoof(can't remember what hey called it)? I'm sick of Call of Duty but at least if you enjoy he multiplayer, then the map packs are legitimate purchases that'll extend your enjoyment. This is just a cheap Pay To Win mechanic that the worst kind of casual free mobile games adopt. I don't want it in my 65 euro purchase thanks. If you have any cop on at all, you'll stay we'll clear of this, otherwise it'll become the norm in every single game you buy.
Rockstar, Satire and Hypocrisy don't mix

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Here is a legit way to make over 1 billion per character with no cheats or hacks-http://www.reddit.co...each_character/

Yes but people are being a bit "conspiracy theorist" that this is the reason it's apparently hard to make money in the game. One guy even said it takes hundreds of hours to make any real money. We have to assume they are talking about thing single player game as nobody's played online yet. Understand?

Nobody played but allot of info is already public. With that info in mind your link is useless. Do you understand? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=satHvjvfI4c

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nobody played but allot of info is already public. With that info in mind your link is useless. Do you understand? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=satHvjvfI4c
So why are tonnes of people still complaining that it's hard to make money in the game? This info is already in the public as you say.....I posted it to help the people who are still clearly finding it hard to make money. I never said it was my method, it's not, but it will obviously help some people.
Oh, and people, who need to link YouTube Videos to express themselves are a special kind of retard. Don't forget to put your helmet on when playing with crayons now

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

I don´t like it very much, but it´s ok, i will not spend real money on that....

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

So why are tonnes of people still complaining that it's hard to make money in the game? This info is already in the public as you say.....I posted it to help the people who are still clearly finding it hard to make money. I never said it was my method, it's not, but it will obviously help some people.
Oh, and people, who need to link YouTube Videos to express themselves are a special kind of retard. Don't forget to put your helmet on when playing with crayons now

You just dont get it do you. Sigh, never mind.
Btw. the youtube was ment as a joke not an attack... chill.

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I doubt that it's gonna lead to a P2W model. This is just for people that want immediate access to the high end cars and safehouses

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hey, why don't you guys try running servers for over 500,000 concurrent players at any one time for free.

They will be optional, I don't see what the big deal is here. And people are saying it's hard to buy properties on singleplayer... I'm sorry what? I finished the story with $30m on each character and again left with the "what the f*ck do I spend my money on" situation.

You're right. Servers cost alot to run and seeing how many people are going to be playing, I can see why Rockstar would throw in this OPTION.
Yes, OPTION seeing how you DON'T HAVE TO buy this.
Plus, this is great for everyone who doesn't have the time to level up for 15 hours just to get on the same level as their friends to play a GTA multiplayer session.
And if you don't like having other more priviliged people having a advantage over you, don't play with them ! Easy right?

I think this is a good thing.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by iNero, 24 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Battlefield has a lot of servers too and they are free unless you want to be admin for it.

If server costs would be the reason for that, then they should offer dedicated servers instead of making it a Free2Play game...

GTA4 had no issue either and you hadnt to pay anything there.

sm1thy17396
  • sm1thy17396

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by sm1thy17396, 24 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Can't blame them for wanting more money but yeah, they shouldn't do this because now when we see people with cool stuff, we don't know if they got it legit or just using a cheap way to get the cash to afford those things.

Also they need some cash to keep the Online running and just think, would you rather have to pay a fee to play Online or have this?

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Meh... As long as i can make all the money and buy all the same stuff just by playing the game, then i don't care. If other people wanna spend their money on fake money they could have gotten for free, then that's their call. 

If they can generate extra profit from people who have more money than sense, who are willing to throw cash at them just for updating a number on their fictional bank account, then they'd be fools not to do it.

It won't affect my game one bit.

Though somebody earlier in the thread made an interesting point. If you can rob people's money online, and people can pay for that money with real money, then things would get way too messy. So this leads me to believe that this is all just rumours anyway and maybe that picture is fake, or maybe it's for the shark credit cards which you can maybe take out loans from in game.

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

I thought R* is the last company that care about fans. Firt they lied to us about many functions in the game, and now this. 

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

They won't be getting my money, sellouts.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

If this is truly optional, and there's still a wide array of options available without having to spend real money, I can live with it. But if it ends up becoming GTA-meets-Second Life, or GTA-meets-COD, then GTA V will be the final game in the series I purchase. And if R* do it with any of their future titles beyond GTA, I won't be buying them either. This is coming from a long time fan of the series, too. They've always been one of the VERY few companies out in recent times (aside from really Bethesda and Konami) to actually give you a quality product over $$$. For them to suddenly bait & switch on their fans like that would be the lowest possible move they could pull. Best case scenario after something like this? Maybe I get one of their games on sale, or from a bargain bin. Maybe. Because that's all they'll be worth to me in this modern-day "let's milk the end-user for more, even though we have enough for 10 lifetimes" mentality.

Guess what bud, blame the gamers aka consumers. These companies wouldn't do it if they couldn't get away with it. There are too many stupid f*cks out there who still don't know that the consumer talks with their $. If consumers don't buy in, it aint successful and thus won't be done. Too bad there are suckers born every minute and the rest of us pay for it. 

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

it's funny

kids will spend their parents money then litterally getting robbed of the money IN REAL LIFE

oh wow

please god no then again i don't see much interest in gta online gta has always been about sp in my opinion so i guess it's not a huge deal to me

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I only like single player GTA.

This sounds like a crock of sh*te. Rockstar are c*nts for doing this.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Another drawback of console games. They've begun to niclkel and dime people on just about every game out these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users