» «
Photo

GTA will get monetization - buy In-game moneay with real money

97 replies to this topic
iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by iFight, 24 September 2013 - 12:19 AM.

What the f*ck, good thing is I'm already rich in-game. I bought everything and still having more cash.
No cheats or hacks obviously

Misunderstood it's for online, they got 1 billion and still they're are doing this? I find it stupid.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

no1 is forceing u to buy stuff with real money

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

If anything and if it happens I think this is not Rockstar's making but Mr. Zelnick's making. If so, I think it's time Rockstar gets independent and ditches the f*ck out of Take Two.

True, I don't know why they even need Take-Two now.

I'm not sure why you are all taking this as gospel. If it is true, this sort if crap doesn't work on me. Even if I were a millionaire, I wouldn't partake out of principle.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

I won't be suprised if they actually cut out story missions, interiors, and side missions so they can sell. Weapons were already cut for that reason. Maybe they'll also start charging for patches too. Pay $2.99 so your cars will no longer disappear in garages is the next DLC.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

no1 is forceing u to buy stuff with real money

People just dont get the point..

MacJoker
  • MacJoker

Raise the Steaks!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

Like I said in another thread... 

You know just because the DLC exists means we as humans who have the choice of free will, HAVE to buy this DLC. 

Also, GTA: Online heists and missions will not give us ANY money. This of course was confirmed on Reddit.

And to anyone who thinks this is bad. Realize that GTA Online with the goal that it is trying to reach, needs money to stay alive. Whether it comes from micro-transactions or DLC sales. 

did you even read that stuff?

the thing is that it seems like you NEED to buy money like in a Free2Play game to get stuff without having to spend hundreds of hours.

And as GTAO is a seperat game and R* says "it comes free for all GTA5 buyers" makes it obvious that they plan a Free2Play model for GTA Online.

Okay, but you really you DO NOT have to because you earn money in GTA: Online. It's like TF2. You want a weapon, you can buy it, BUT there is a alternative. You can either keep playing the game to earn that weapon or craft it. I'm just saying others shouldn't hate R* for this. R* would need money to invest in Online,but this is another way because lazy people want to get in the game fast because they would rather go the easy way than playing GTA the right way. So really they aren't saying you NEED to buy these cash cards... And what is so bad with F2P? 

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

As long as they don't put overpowered dlc weapons it's all good

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by azali10, 24 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

Aw really who gives a sh*t? R* aint forcing you to pay so if you dont want too then f*cking dont. Just because others will have more money than you, woopy f*cking doo. If they want to buy in game money with real money, let them it's there choice. I enjoy the fact of knowing that i worked with heists and stuff and made money on my own without having buy with real money. Just getting your knickers in a twist because you wont be top of "leaderboards" Grow up

You're so clueless. That's not the point at ALL. The point is that once you buy the damn game there shouldn't be extra fees for sh*t that's already there (aka microtransactions) and gives opponents an edge. This isn't a f*cking iPhone game.

johnnylaw21
  • johnnylaw21

SPEEDFREAKJJ

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I would love to,in mabye 6 months,see how much the average gta5 player has spent total on just this one game,if even a third of players go online,then half those players spend money on in game real money transactions...yeah R* is gonna be hitting a few billion in profit. Worst is buying in game funds with real world money involves like ZERO overhead cost for R*...all profit! R*, I have loved your games,truly loved them..but I think 5 is where I end the memories and I hope others join in and draw a line on this trend. Or are there really that many wealthy gamers in the real world that can afford this type of wallet raping by gready companies?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well remember that more money they make from their games, better future games are. ( not truth for COD )

I don't know how true that is. Did we really get $270 million worth of game n here?

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

I can afford this sh*t but Im not going to support motherf*ckers that cut game content or make micro-transactions like this.
If this is true, this will be my last game I buy fron R* and probably from any company.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members
  • None

Tis a sad state of affairs, boys and girls. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

It's handy for people who don't have all the time in the world to play everyday and having to need to level up everytime to play with their friends.

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Aw really who gives a sh*t? R* aint forcing you to pay so if you dont want too then f*cking dont. Just because others will have more money than you, woopy f*cking doo. If they want to buy in game money with real money, let them it's there choice. I enjoy the fact of knowing that i worked with heists and stuff and made money on my own without having buy with real money. Just getting your knickers in a twist because you wont be top of "leaderboards" Grow up

You're so clueless. That's not the point at ALL. The point is that once you buy the damn game there shouldn't be extra fees for sh*t that's already there (aka microtransactions) and gives opponents an edge. This isn't a f*cking iPhone game.

This isnt call of duty you daft f*ck. Why do you have to be the best at GTA? So what if people can buy a property before you? Yeh it may take you a week but so what, at least you worked for it. They have not got an edge at all because GTA is not the most competitive online game around, "awww noooo, he's better than me". Grow up you big girl, probably be the first one to moan if GTA:O was subscription based instead. Cant win with numptys like you.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, 24 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Aww c'mon R*! for f*cks sake you made 1 billion dollars you greedy bastards. Why pull this sh*t? You DON'T NEED TO DO THIS YOU'RE f*ckING LOADED AS IT IS.

Defeats the purpose of starting from scratch, levelling your character, making money IN the f*cking game..retarded bullsh*t EA crap.

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Aww c'mon R*! for f*cks sake you made 1 billion dollars you greedy bastards. Why pull this sh*t? You DON'T NEED TO DO THIS YOU'RE f*ckING LOADED AS IT IS.

Defeats the purpose of starting from scratch, levelling your character, making money IN the f*cking game..retarded bullsh*t EA crap.

You can still start from scratch, and do all the other stuff you mentioned? So what's the problem? Not going to be number one on the leaderboards?

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 24 September 2013 - 01:16 AM.

at first I thought it was kinda fake but they seem to be focusing more on MP than they focused on SP... and I mean they are giving you basically a GTA MMO so it was kinda expected they had to put some way to gain money (considering they don't charge you per month like most of the quality MMORPG's)... but for some reason there's still hope that this is fake

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hey, why don't you guys try running servers for over 500,000 concurrent players at any one time for free.

They will be optional, I don't see what the big deal is here. And people are saying it's hard to buy properties on singleplayer... I'm sorry what? I finished the story with $30m on each character and again left with the "what the f*ck do I spend my money on" situation.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

You can still start from scratch, and do all the other stuff you mentioned? So what's the problem? Not going to be number one on the leaderboards?

Not going to be an even playing field. The rich kids gonna get all the glory with uber real world cash purchasable weaponry.

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Not going to be an even playing field. The rich kids gonna get all the glory with uber real world cash purchasable weaponry.

So how is that going to spoil your gameplay regarding heists and stuff?

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

who really cares? not worried about it.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

also.. lets be honest.. most people will spend their cash customizing cars and buying cars/clothes.. at first I wasnt with the idea, but it makes a lot of sense now.  i might consider doing it if the price is right, since i work a lot and dont have 14hrs a day to play an online videogame.   just remember, kiddies, its only an option.  

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

If you didn't care what happened to me...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

also.. lets be honest.. most people will spend their cash customizing cars and buying cars/clothes.. at first I wasnt with the idea, but it makes a lot of sense now.  i might consider doing it if the price is right, since i work a lot and dont have 14hrs a day to play an online videogame.   just remember, kiddies, its only an option.  

That's right kiddies, and also remember how great it will be to get "pwnd" by that rich kid who keeps putting in money and buying the Buzzard whenever he wants.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

a persistent online world needs paying for as long as they add plenty of content regularly am ok with it 

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Ignore my question then.

I think you guys live on another planet in all honesty, you must think servers and man hours are free. Righty-o!

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

I hope that this system don't will be a pay for win, else R* is becoming a sluttypig

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

wow are people really this dumb, Server are not free to run. Plus do you people know that the person who found out about this(not op) said it was in the code. So if it is real they had it planned just in case they were going to use it. You all think they made the decision days ago. They don't that 1 billion guys that money goes to a couple places.

It's not going to hurt you if people want to wast there money on a game, You don't have to use it. Gta v is about having fun. Just wait and see how online is before you go saying this and that all the time. If it doesn't come out of R* mouth don't believe it.

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Cash packs in the store will lessen the impact of gold farmers selling it. Don't blame Rockstar, blame the Chinese.

grawitj
  • grawitj

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Seems like a billion dollars within the first few days was not enough for them.  If they are going to play this game, this will probably the last GTA game I spend any money on...

Sadly agree

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Seems like a billion dollars within the first few days was not enough for them.  If they are going to play this game, this will probably the last GTA game I spend any money on...

Sadly agree

I call bullsh*t.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. If you can afford to cheat and want to, do it. Doesn't effect my game. Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users