Photo

GTA will get monetization - buy In-game moneay with real money

97 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by iNero, 23 September 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Just leave this link as it explains everything:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=684545

We all have read some comments in the subreddit about it's quite hard making money in the game, properties are not very profitable, and the missions that affect the stock market seem to be too few and too early.

I think I might have found why. When you open the store section in the pause menu, it says there is nothing available yet, but the console requests this file.

It's a plain XML file where you will see that besides of the downlodable content from the special editions, there are 4 so-called "cash cards", ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000.

Its now more or less official as those were found on the R* Servers:

FQ9ZLsQ.jpg

nJltkio.jpg

F7kCaT5.jpg

awZoWZx.jpg

Plus a comment from that files:

Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character’s bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting.

It seems possible that this will also be available for GTAV SP as many complain that they dont have enough money to buy the Golf CLub for example, even when they finished the story. Nowhere near that number apparently...

I dont like this. Unless its only a shortcut Im fine but it looks like you will need that money. Otherwise you will have to play ages which gives this whole thing a F2P taste....

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Rockstar is getting money hungry. Happens to everyone. When you get so much money in a short amount of time, you want more.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by xIIxFLAMERxIIx, 23 September 2013 - 10:36 PM.

when you all have time go to http://www.bitly.com/17cKyEL

Dont click, its a spam bot. Just a lonely loser trying to get money and spread his rats

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Depending on how hard it is to get money I might just purchase it once and then not bother anymore after that so I cant get a house, car and other items and then just earn the rest.  They will defo be doing this though which is a shame but whats done is done.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by blk95ta, 23 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

is it possible those cards represent debit cards based on the amount of money you have in your GTA:0 account? ie, like a status symbol of sorts where i you have over 1.2M in your bank account you get the highest card and so on down the line?

as for making money,

Spoiler

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by DeadZombie, 23 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Finally! This awesome!

It's short cut system like WoW and battlefield.

Good thing I have a job and have paid for grocherys several times over !

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

why couldnt they have just let us use our in game crews and add heists to the game? wtf.. Gustavo Mota wants to put his skills to good use.. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Finally! This awesome!

It's short cut system like WoW and battlefield.

Good thing I have a job and have paid for grocherys several times over !

most people have the money to pay this. but its a waste of money though. And by supporting such sh*t, we will see this sh*t more and more in the next years... pay twice before you can enjoy the whole game..

• Palmer234 likes this

Palmer234
  • Palmer234

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well thats just put a sh*tter on my evening.
Thanks Rockstar.
  • Hypertenzion and toasty030 like this

johnnylaw21
  • johnnylaw21

SPEEDFREAKJJ

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

This answers my big question of what is the best property to buy with what little cash ya have. I was wondering why the properties were so insanely expensive,now I know. R* wants to rake in the money this holiday season and for a long time to come with these in-game real money purchases. There are a lot of people that play these games to unlock everything,find it all,explore everywhere...but the only way to do it besides playing for hundreds mabye thousands of real world hours seems like it is gonna involve spending probably north of a hundred dollars getting enough in game cash to actually open up everything. Shame on you R* and if this is what you are going to turn your games into you have been warned,it might work once but you are about to have a lot of people that will not be continuing to buy future installments. If this is how you guys are gonna play,my GTA days will end here.

• Killerman29 likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

This answers my big question of what is the best property to buy with what little cash ya have. I was wondering why the properties were so insanely expensive,now I know. R* wants to rake in the money this holiday season and for a long time to come with these in-game real money purchases. There are a lot of people that play these games to unlock everything,find it all,explore everywhere...but the only way to do it besides playing for hundreds mabye thousands of real world hours seems like it is gonna involve spending probably north of a hundred dollars getting enough in game cash to actually open up everything. Shame on you R* and if this is what you are going to turn your games into you have been warned,it might work once but you are about to have a lot of people that will not be continuing to buy future installments. If this is how you guys are gonna play,my GTA days will end here.

was only a matter of time. other publishers started it and it worked. With a Game like GTA many players will make use of that though... thats the problem.

the same reason I hate F2P... When paying full price you pay pnce and get everything. in F2P you have to buy so much content seperatly and at the end you pay more than 60 Euros which you wont notice at first.

Now with this GTAO thing you pay 60 Euro then pay for Xbox Live Gold and then you still have this F2P style model...

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by NasherUK, 23 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Seems like a billion dollars within the first few days was not enough for them.  If they are going to play this game, this will probably the last GTA game I spend any money on...

• BigIce17 likes this

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

So 800 million first day sales, on a 265 million budget.   PC and next gen port sales and Christmas sales plus game guide revenues and posters and crap.

But R* thinks that is not enough and is going to introduce this kinda crap.

I am very disappointed with GTA 5 with the current state it is in (ie. no interiors) I did however hold out hope that Online would make game better.  But now seeing this crap/money grab I am starting to feel sick..

I have played GTA since GTA 1 and have loved everyone but I Think GTA has taken a wrong turn down a dark road.  

• Cyper and Raspy like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

My properties drag in around a quater of a million a week for Michael.

Not sure where this 'making money is hard' crap comes from.

The cards are interesting, but you guys should reserve judgement for when and if they're released.

It could be something as simple as that's how you transfer money from GTAO to your SP characters.

Or it could be what we're suspecting for GTAO - to which I don't really care. I WOULD care if finding money was hard, but it isnt. e.g. if they make it so you HAVE to spend money I'd be pissy, but they haven't, they'd just be providing a short cut for losers.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

If gambling is online, I wonder if that'll play a big role. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

one thing that will be interessting:

when you die you drop money. basicly people can rob your real money then 

• Josh5697 likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Well remember that more money they make from their games, better future games are. ( not truth for COD )

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

Friendly player

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

feel like kicking off

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

This is probably the most disappoiting thing ive ever read in my life. I actually like the driving, the damage, etc, but this is too far. Making this game pay to win would make me instantly lose the respect rockstar has gained from me over the passed 14 years and i wont ever be excited for another one of their games again. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 23 September 2013 - 11:59 PM.

If anything and if it happens I think this is not Rockstar's making but Mr. Zelnick's making. If so, I think it's time Rockstar gets independent and ditches the f*ck out of Take Two.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

How is making money hard in the game? We are given a maximum number of 37 million$ for each character in the last heist. sh*t I have so money I have no idea what to do them(Some people even have billions if you do leave out assassination missions AND random events that boost your stock), bought everything except the golf club and 3 theatres. It's just that the property system is crap and you just gain 1% mostly of your investment in a property in 1 week game time. No leveling whatsoever( quite a hassle doing those tasks for no reward). Properties aren't even demanded for 100% completion lol.

Everyone of my damn chars has all the jets, tanks, cars, necessary properties, weapons.... and still 8 figures in cash. Why is it a damn problem?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

How is making money hard in the game? We are given a maximum number of 37 million$ for each character in the last heist. sh*t I have so money I have no idea what to do them(Some people even have billions if you do leave out assassination missions AND random events that boost your stock), bought everything except the golf club and 3 theatres. It's just that the property system is crap and you just gain 1% mostly of your investment in a property in 1 week game time. No leveling whatsoever( quite a hassle doing those tasks for no reward). Properties aren't even demanded for 100% completion lol.

Everyone of my damn chars has all the jets, tanks, cars, necessary properties, weapons.... and still 8 figures in cash. Why is it a damn problem?

you know this is about GTA online right?  :dontgetit:

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

If we have to pay for it? Fine with me. I got enough for anything. This would be a penny in my case.

MacJoker
  • MacJoker

Raise the Steaks!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Like I said in another thread... 

You know just because the DLC exists means we as humans who have the choice of free will, HAVE to buy this DLC. 

Also, GTA: Online heists and missions will not give us ANY money. This of course was confirmed on Reddit.

And to anyone who thinks this is bad. Realize that GTA Online with the goal that it is trying to reach, needs money to stay alive. Whether it comes from micro-transactions or DLC sales. 

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

f*ck YOU EA..... I mean R*.

• NADOLNY, Hypertenzion and Kaster like this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by iNero, 24 September 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Like I said in another thread... 

You know just because the DLC exists means we as humans who have the choice of free will, HAVE to buy this DLC. 

Also, GTA: Online heists and missions will not give us ANY money. This of course was confirmed on Reddit.

And to anyone who thinks this is bad. Realize that GTA Online with the goal that it is trying to reach, needs money to stay alive. Whether it comes from micro-transactions or DLC sales. 

did you even read that stuff?

the thing is that it seems like you NEED to buy money like in a Free2Play game to get stuff without having to spend hundreds of hours.

And as GTAO is a seperat game and R* says "it comes free for all GTA5 buyers" makes it obvious that they plan a Free2Play model for GTA Online.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

no one at rock star has confirmed it so we cant be sure.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

you know this is about GTA online right?  :dontgetit:

Well I apologize but someone was spamming the same thread you made but made it out as if the single player experience was shafted for multiplayer so I thought it was the same thing. If it is online I am fine with it, why? It's necessary for continuity, you don't expect a server to run for years on nothing. Form a crew, Rob a few banks and it's not going to be a problem

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have to admit they have to sustain themselves somehow, it's not like the 3 billion are just to Rockstar, this is the issue with not being independent, Take Two takes a lot, Rockstar gets some too and then also needs microtransactions probably put in place by Take Two so they can get some more "change".

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Aw really who gives a sh*t? R* aint forcing you to pay so if you dont want too then f*cking dont. Just because others will have more money than you, woopy f*cking doo. If they want to buy in game money with real money, let them it's there choice. I enjoy the fact of knowing that i worked with heists and stuff and made money on my own without having buy with real money. Just getting your knickers in a twist because you wont be top of "leaderboards" Grow up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users