Quantcast

» «
Photo

Stock market is useless after Assassination missions?

24 replies to this topic
JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

When I was doing the assassination missions, every time Lester would advise me about the stock market, he was talking about stocks only available to BAWSAQ. And since BAWSAQ has never worked for me every time I checked it, I couldn't take advantage of it.

But now I've beaten the story, and kinda left puzzled to the purpose of the stock market. I mean, does it have any kind of use? Somebody suggested that if you blow up vans from one company, the stocks of the rival company would go up. Well, I went to Paleto Bay and destroyed several Cluckin' Bell trucks, then I invested in the Taco company. But I never noticed a huge rise in value. So that just seems pointless.

So now, the only way to make money off it is to randomly take a guess, and invest in something based on pure luck? Or am I missing something?

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think the jury is still out on how the markets fully work other than with missions and encounters. I always thought the bawsaq only related to online stuff and what other players were doing, not the single player side, But so far it seems missions are the biggest factor in determing in what happens to stock prices.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Only if you don't have much money after the main story mode and Lester missions.

If you have invested wisely during the Lester missions after the main story, you should have at least 250 or so million dollars (without BAWSAQ). Outside of missions, stocks don't change that much. However, with a 250 million dollar investment, it only takes a 0.4% stock increase to give you 1 million, and a 0.04% increase will give you 100k.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm also intrigued about the stock market, i ignored Lester's hints about it and never invested in anything, now i've completed the main story line with only about 15 million per character, and i'm stumped as to how to save up for some of these ridiculously over priced properties. 

I've heard of exploits you can use to quickly make profit via the stock market, would this have to be done during missions or at any time? Because the last thing i want to do right now is start a new game just to invest in stocks and get enough money to buy properties, seems a bit ridiculous to be fair. 

If the stock market is useless outside of the Lester missions Rockstar should be ashamed.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Only if you don't have much money after the main story mode and Lester missions.

If you have invested wisely during the Lester missions after the main story, you should have at least 250 or so million dollars (without BAWSAQ). Outside of missions, stocks don't change that much. However, with a 250 million dollar investment, it only takes a 0.4% stock increase to give you 1 million, and a 0.04% increase will give you 100k.

You say without BAWSAQ, but 4 out of 5 from the Lester missions were exclusive to BAWSAQ. So when it boils down to it, if BAWSAQ was unavailable at that time, you're just screwed.

I also believe it's f*cking retarded that the stock market is only useful when doing the Lester missions. I just finished the game, and have about 24 million on each character. I'm not going to start all over again just for the f*cking stock market, but how the hell am I supposed to get enough money to buy all the property? Exploit the underwater money stash trick until all my braincells are dead?

Rockstar has really disappointed in endgame money making imo. Stock market is just useless now, and there's no more heists to do. Sure you can rob 24/7's, but it's gonna take ages until you have the cash to buy all the properties.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 23 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

You say without BAWSAQ, but 4 out of 5 from the Lester missions were exclusive to BAWSAQ. So when it boils down to it, if BAWSAQ was unavailable at that time, you're just screwed.

I also believe it's f*cking retarded that the stock market is only useful when doing the Lester missions. I just finished the game, and have about 24 million on each character. I'm not going to start all over again just for the f*cking stock market, but how the hell am I supposed to get enough money to buy all the property? Exploit the underwater money stash trick until all my braincells are dead?

Rockstar has really disappointed in endgame money making imo. Stock market is just useless now, and there's no more heists to do. Sure you can rob 24/7's, but it's gonna take ages until you have the cash to buy all the properties.

Agree'd, robbing stores only gives you maybe $500 - $750 at a time, it'll take unfathomably long to save up for properties that way, seems i'm kinda screwed when it comes to buying properties since i'm at the end of the game and didn't invest in anything during the Lester missions, pretty retarded thinking from Rockstar. 

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 24 September 2013 - 12:16 AM.

I didn't use BAWSAQ at all, only got 18.3 million from the last heist, and each character still ended up with a quarter billion with only 2 out of the 5 Lester assassination missions. Before the 2nd one (1st one that uses LCN), you should invest in Debonaire. After the mission, cash out (it will give you at least an 80% return rate). Each character now has about 35 million. Now, invest all of that money into Redwood and do something for about 10 minutes that does NOT involve you going onto the in-game internet. The next time you check, Redwood stocks should have gone up 300% or more. Everyone should now have about 130 million. If you invest in Gold Coast before starting the assassination, you should see an 80 - 100% return. Invest it all, finish the guy, and everyone should be sitting at a quarter billion.

Again, this is all assuming you got the low end of the heist money. If you got the full 35 million, everyone will be sitting on top of 500 million, all without using BAWSAQ and only using the LCN.

Btw, look up the treasure hunting glitch, that should give you a fast million in about 15 minutes or less.

Hope this helps!

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by internalmemory, 24 September 2013 - 12:45 AM.

I wish it was only 15 minutes for a million lol, I'm getting 25k each time doing this which results in roughly 80 switches back and forth and each time to every other time you have to move your guy back to the treasure in the water after switching back to him because he'll drift away slowly just afew feet which means you have to reallign him again.Takes me roughly 45m to an hour and 20 minutes for 1m.

I'm guestemating around 6-7 hours or so give or take for 10m.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

I wish it was only 15 minutes for a million lol, I'm getting 25k each time doing this which results in roughly 80 switches back and forth and each time to every other time you have to move your guy back to the treasure in the water after switching back to him because he'll drift away slowly just afew feet which means you have to reallign him again.Takes me roughly 45m to an hour and 20 minutes for 1m.

Positioning yourself is tricky on this one. It takes a bit of skill. There's one in the east that has 20k, and it's easier to position yourself there:

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 24 September 2013 - 12:50 AM.

The BAWSDAQ was created for long time real use with GTAO.

But you can still work with the standard stock market.

Put lots of stocks in one company, then destroy the vehicles etc of the other. The two airlines are easy targets for this.

Also this game was intended to have some long term goals, with my weekly income from Michael I only need 224 game hours - most of my multiplayer games I've got well over 600 on this year alone so don't think it's a problem.

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Where exactly is that? IT took me around 40 minutes to find this spot after watching a video on how to get there lol

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Put lots of stocks in one company, then destroy the vehicles etc of the other. The two airlines are easy targets for this.

People experimenting with this say it doesn't work. Or at least it's not a large change.

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

What if you could make your own assassination missions for CEO's??? Use the LifeInvader or GTA facebook to locate high ranking business people and CEO's and then talk to them online until you decide to meet them but instead assassinate them? Like even if you pretended to be a girl, then lure the CEO out then sniper them?

Logical dynamic assassination missions Rockstar could look into which the missions never ended and they had a true lasting effect on the stock market instead of just Lester's missions which generally only benefit Franklin anyways since you don't know who to invest in until the mission's already started.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

You invest in something BEFORE you try and alter the price...

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

You invest in something BEFORE you try and alter the price...

Well ofcourse but what people are saying is that so far the only way to alter the price of the market is through Lester missions when you play as Franklin, and that out of those missions nothing seems to change.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

I invested in the health insurance company and ran a crap load of people over...didn't notice a single change in stock prices after 2 days of playing. The stock market is useless and a waste of time in my opinion. 

• internalmemory likes this

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

I think the stock market is a brilliant idea, but it just has too many bugs in it right now and the only way to change the market right now is from the missions, and those are limited just as all missions in GTA games are since the dynamic gang territory wars and the pointless buddy missions in GTA4.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 24 September 2013 - 01:49 AM.

I made around 10 million today with the stock market, and would like to say it's by far the BEST way to make money. Also to note, this had nothing to do with the Lester missions.

It beats stealing those money trucks. You just have to find that right stock and have a lot of luck. But the stocks do work without Lester. But a word of advice, save stocks for end-game where you have more money. Because I made 10 million, starting with around 39 million (investing it all). Now imagine if I had wasted all my money on planes,cars, properties, and was down to 600k. I imagine I would've made a max of about 300k.

Edit: Also, once you understand how the stocks work. It truly is addicting :)  

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

It's really simple. You buy low and sell high. Seriously, thats it.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

agreed. i know that in the future there will be a patch that will make the stock market perform a lot better, that's why im not putting down the game. but as of right now the market is kind of boring. 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think the jury is still out on how the markets fully work other than with missions and encounters. I always thought the bawsaq only related to online stuff and what other players were doing, not the single player side, But so far it seems missions are the biggest factor in determing in what happens to stock prices.

This. I'm increasingly convinced BAWSAQ will be affected by crew induced and dev events in GTAOL vs the local stock market will appears to be affected only by missions/events your single player game.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

agreed. i know that in the future there will be a patch that will make the stock market perform a lot better, that's why im not putting down the game. but as of right now the market is kind of boring. 

It's the stock market. When is the stock market ever exciting? You put your money in, buy shares and you sell them when the value goes up.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by lord of san andreas, 24 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

You can't even save all the Lester missions until after the last main mission anyways; the game wouldn't let me start the third heist until I did <s>hotel assassination.</s> I honestly thought that there would be generic repeatable heists in this game to earn you cash, like a more advanced version of gang wars from TLAD or drug deals from TBOGT. It's basically impossible to purchase some these 9-digit properties without saving all your money and abusing the stock fluctuation from Lester's missions smh.

It's the stock market. When is the stock market ever exciting? You put your money in, buy shares and you sell them when the value goes up.

You're supposed to able to influence the stock market by destroying competitors property (which isn't working properly). It is pretty exciting earning money from an airport investment by blowing up rival planes.

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Buying the dock and collecting the 30 nuclear waste items will net you 500k

After the final mission some guy send you an email about merryweather stock dropping and how he's going to buy it cheap because it will inevitably go back to where it was. I don't know if its true or not but I bought about 20 million at $50 a share and after 2 days its gained 120k profit. Of course I'm not selling it yet, it was $120 a share before we ruined their plans so I'm hoping it goes back up.

Fallen_Knight
  • Fallen_Knight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Each of my characters have around 150-175 million dollars. That was cause of the Lester Assassin mission. Their are probably plenty of other ways to make money but no one yet found it. I think you should wait it out before creating a new game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users