Photo

GTA Virgin. Best GTA?

64 replies to this topic
Vexikuri
  • Vexikuri

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yes, GTA V was the first GTA title I've bought & played.  I love V.  

I assume many of you have played the other titles.  What is the best GTA to date in your opinion and why?  I'm thinking of going back and looking/checking the other games out. 

Thanks.

MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

This one and GTA Vice City are my 2 favorite games of the series, but honestly, you really can't go wrong with any of the games. San Andreas is great if you want to see a less detailed Los Santos. GTA IV's Liberty City hits the atmpsphere of New York perfectly. They are all fun and interesting and each have there own features. For example, the vigilante missions in GTA IV were so fun. You got in a cop car and chased down criminals. So epic. You can't do that in GTA V. Kinda sucks but thats what sets them apart. Enjoy them all!

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

This one is the best in my opinion. All the others are great too though.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

This one and Vice City, I agree.

In some instances, I even like VC better. But in most, this is the best.
I've played III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and V.

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

GTA 5 and San Andreas are my favourites but i have rose tinted glasses of nostalgia when i think about SA so its unfair to compare them lol.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

San Andreas and IV were my two personal favorites.

About 4 years ago my dad found (at some random CD shop while he was selling his 5000+ cd collection) a brand new sealed in the package San Andreas for $12.  I use to have another one a while back but I can't remember what happened to it.  Anyways, San Andreas I have bled dry with how many times I have played it.  And IV is amazing on PC.  So much replay value in both the games.

Mantonn
  • Mantonn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I began with VC so obviously that game come closest to me, a lot because of the soundtrack.

Never got into SA when I played it :/

ChrisCarlascio
  • ChrisCarlascio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Apart from V, I think SA and IV are the best. Vice City was good too though.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

5 and the original are my favourites.
Best soundtrack was San Andreas.

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

San andreas pc with samp

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by TiddleyWinker, 23 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

I advise you to play IV and its two expansion The Lose and Damned and The ballad of Gay Tony before the others, as it's in the same universe as V and you'll get to see a few of the characters, specifically Packie Mcreary and Johnny Klebitz. Its actually a very good game regardless of what some say on here, I feel that although it lacked some of the awesome free roaming and customization features of San Andreas it made up for with its story, I really enjoyed the story and it's characters; it was consistent, which can't be said for San Andreas' story in all honesty.

The biggest reason people prefer San Andreas and Vice City is for nostalgia reasons. In fact, dare I say it, you may not get into those earlier games now as you would have done 8 or 10 years ago.

Saying that, my favourite GTA was Vice City, loved the era, the music, the story. Was awesome. San Andreas was really good too.

Graphically they're still pretty good I feel, though again it may be hard to get into them now more so that you don't have that nostalgia motivation, as much as I'm not a graphics whore it was hard to me for a little while to really get past the textures and start enjoying the game. You get spoilt with today's graphics I guess. The biggest leap though is going back to the actual gameplay in terms of shooting and stuff, it's quite "clunky"... hard to explain but if you;ve played them you'll know what I mean, it gets easier each game progresses, with San Andreas being a cake walk compared to III.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Vice City has simply the best voice actors, soundtrack and setting.

TheMeatTornado
  • TheMeatTornado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

V is my favorite, although all GTA titles are wonderful in their own ways. V takes the cake because of the wonderful writing, detailed city, excellent gameplay(in all areas), and massive amounts of fun I have had so far. Also a detailed GTA online mode has huge potential so I can't wait for that.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by Shpongled, 23 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

I never played the first two but I started playing back when GTA 3 came out.  I think they got better with every game personally.  It's interesting to hear people say they like VC the best.  They all were arguably the best games at the time they came out, at least in the sandbox style, but I think with each new one they just got better.  Before this one came out 4 was my favorite, but I did miss a lot of stuff from SA.  SA was remarkably a step up from VC when it was released in my opinion and 5 is almost as big a step as that was from 4 from where I'm standing.  Ultimately, they are all great games but I personally have trouble going back to the old ones when a new one comes out, knowing that I could just be playing that one.

Edit:  Also, play Read Dead Redemption, it's a work of art.  It's actually quite close to the level 5 is on.  They drew some influence from RDR in 5.

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by NasherUK, 23 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

For story V. But for actual gameplay probably IV, especially on PC.

Vice City was a lot of fun though, from back in the era when GTA was made for PC and not just a port :p

• RPhilMan1 likes this

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I agree with Jesse. VC is the best for atmosphere / setting. San Andreas is the most fun - lots of crazy stuff to do !!!  Luv that Jetpack !!!

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

San Andreas > Vice City > IV > Liberty City Stories > III IMO. I didn't play enough of vice city stories to know where it ranks. They're all great. One and two were fun at the time but not in the same class, would be interesting mostly from a historical perspective.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

The oldest GTA I played was GTA II but It didn't have much impact in me for some reason, that was until I played GTA VC which was astonishing, I should have played GTA III first but I ended up playing VC first making it one of my favorites GTA. Than I played SA which was kinda like VC but with a bigger map and more stuff to do, I loved it in every aspect. Than came IV which was a great game too although I played it for PC when it was released and the port was terrible because of some pop up issues (even on high end computers, although they fixed it already) but I still enjoyed the game very much specially story but I was dissapointed with the map and the lack of features they didn't include which made SA such a special game... Well than I played V and it's the gta I was waiting to play, big map with variety, a lot of customization options and stats, good number of side activities and side missions to do... and that's what makes V being on top of the list fiercely battling with SA... so IMO

V > SA > VC > IV > III

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

You all are idiot f*cks. GTA:SA is far the best GTA to date. And probably will be...FOREVER.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by streetx1xracer, 24 September 2013 - 11:14 PM.

You all are idiot f*cks. GTA:SA is far the best GTA to date. And probably will be...FOREVER.

Guys ignore him.

All he does is post negative comments about gta5 to piss people off. Just look at his posts, not one single positive post.

Obvious troll is obvious.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Guys ignore him.

All he does is post negative comments about gta5 to piss people off. Just look at his posts, not one single positive post.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Ignore him, I pay him to this. Or do I?

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Loved 'em all in their respective heydays. San Andreas changed my world when it came out. Was never a huge fan of GTA 3, but it really dragged me back into the series after a few years out of the loop, not having played GTA 2 very much or GTA: London at all.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Loved 'em all in their respective heydays. San Andreas changed my world when it came out. Was never a huge fan of GTA 3, but it really dragged me back into the series after a few years out of the loop, not having played GTA 2 very much or GTA: London at all.

GTA SA beats the living f*ck outta GTAV. NOW

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

V is the best for many many reasons.

GTA: SA is by far the worse so far.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by EditingYourMouth, 24 September 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Are you blind? Are you born with Dumbf*ck Syndrome? GTASA is obviously the best! Just admit it you nerd.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Are you blind? Are you born with Dumbf*ck Syndrome? GTA V is obviously the best! Just admit it you nerd.

That's what I said :blink:

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Are you blind? Are you born with Dumbf*ck Syndrome? GTA V is obviously the best! Just admit it you nerd.

That's what I said :blink:

Yes GTAV is the best with it's overpowered useless graphics, stupid idiot storyline, f*cking ugly car physics, dumbass features, unrealistic physics. It's Rockstar's GTA game for retarded people like you who only like the game because there's a "GTA" logo on the cover.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

V is the best BUT V is not nearly as ahead of its era as San Andreas was. R* is still clearly the industry leader but GTA V is the house that cash built, not love.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

V is the best BUT V is not nearly as ahead of its era as San Andreas was. R* is still clearly the industry leader but GTA V is the house that cash built, not love.

Yes GTASA had features that TODAY still surpass the f*cking degenerate fanbase who love to suck on Cockstar's GTA Cash Cow.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

Are you blind? Are you born with Dumbf*ck Syndrome? GTASA is obviously the best! Just admit it you nerd.

I agree with him, between GTA3, VC, 4, and SA, SA was my least favorite. 

Doesn't make us nerds or "dumbf*cks" we just disagree with you. 

3, 4, and VC had a beautiful simplicity that SA didn't have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users