Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is V on the level of San Andreas or Vice City?

25 replies to this topic
RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

So far what do you think? Of course it's too early to say with no online yet and still a bunch more to explore, but first thoughts? Also, please no spoilers. I'm only at the second heist.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

In some ways yes. In some ways no. I'll let someone else explain...

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yeah it's at a level of san andreas, not gonna write a paragraph why but simple say that this game made me feel something only gta san andreas could which is good, 

fac316
  • fac316

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yes. Every detail, every ped comment, every mission, every sex refrence is GTA. The immersion, improved gameplay mechanichs, graphics, and of course the most important part: THE MAP IS HUGE. This game was what IV should of been.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yes. Every detail, every ped comment, every mission, every sex refrence is GTA. The immersion, improved gameplay mechanichs, graphics, and of course the most important part: THE MAP IS HUGE. This game was what IV should of been.

Have you actually travelled across the whole map? it seemed a good size but I wouldn't say HUGE!!1

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Have you actually travelled across the whole map? it seemed a good size but I wouldn't say HUGE!!1

Cycle from south to north and tell me it's not huge

• deyessorc likes this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

of course it is, if we took nostalgia away from SA and it came out today, it would be sh*t compared to V, of course i have the fondest memories playing VC/SA but in terms of gameplay graphics and all of that stuff then yes V is better

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Let me just say that the Epsilon side missions made me appreciate the game way more LOL. My hands absolutely died during the "pilgrimage" mission.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Vice City was great for its time but V is way above and beyond. 

San Andreas is a different story. I think many may prefer San Andreas, but others will prefer V. Too close to call.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

so true, if this came out instead of IV then people would have loved it alot more, but after sh*tty IV people were expecting wayyy too much, but for me it brought back the sunny vibe VC and SA gave me so im just happy about that and cant wait to see what they do with online.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Personally I find gta V to be a level above san andreas and vice city when it comes to sp, as for online that remains to be seen.

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Try and play SA today,, you just cant play it. It feels akward

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 23 September 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Nope, V is past that level.

RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by RMolloy24, 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM.

I'm talking about for their own time, not currently. Of course V beats them if that's the case   :lol:

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Played it last night as a matter of fact, still love it. Hell, I was playing crash bandicoot 1 (1995) on ps1 the other night and didn't feel any awkwardness. I think it's because I grew up in the ps1 era, i'm used to shoddy controls lol.

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

V > SA 

fac316
  • fac316

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

so true, if this came out instead of IV then people would have loved it alot more, but after sh*tty IV people were expecting wayyy too much, but for me it brought back the sunny vibe VC and SA gave me so im just happy about that and cant wait to see what they do with online.

I remember with every GTA that came out I'd have a natural high playing it for months after I beat it. With IV, halfway thru the game It was gone. With the way the series progressed after III raising the bar with VC, then blow our minds with the map SA had. Sunny, spacious, diverse, You could drive around the map, not doing missions, and pass time, let alone explore. I do get a VC/SA from the game but gta has evolved kinda way. Shame we had to wait 5 years but you can't rush quality.

fac316
  • fac316

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Played it last night as a matter of fact, still love it. Hell, I was playing crash bandicoot 1 (1995) on ps1 the other night and didn't feel any awkwardness. I think it's because I grew up in the ps1 era, i'm used to shoddy controls lol.

Amen to that. Had my best gaming moments on that thing, but controls were "clunky" at best, If you played games like tekken/resident evil/Final Fantasy/MGS. Crash Bandicoot was my first game even lol.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

So far what do you think? Of course it's too early to say with no online yet and still a bunch more to explore, but first thoughts? Also, please no spoilers. I'm only at the second heist.

Nope and if people said yes they have no clue in what they're talking about. 

Maybe the same as Vice City but San Andreas offer way more content that was NEW to GTA. Most of V content has to do with driving/racing. Gets old real fast. 

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Are you really comparing old games to realistic gta v? C'mon, obvious answer is V is better than both games.

No disrespect, both VC and Especially gta san andreas are amazing games but gta v is above.

Gta V is like Gta sa+ VC + Gta iv mixed.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

In my opinion, SA is still levels above V. Only thing V has over SA is graphics. Yeah, I said it!

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

This is an itchy question because most opinions, especially mine, can be influenced by two factors.

1 - These games came out with a very big time span. The technologies and resources in their days are completely different, which makes the experience with each one feel different.

2 - Many gamers experienced the III-era in their pre-teens or teens, being now adults. Nostalgia and the unique way of seeing a videogame in that age will cloud our judgment. Not that it's a bad thing though! :p

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Vice City sucks, and San Andreas is fun but deeply flawed. V is way better than both.

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

It's just like in real life.

LA>Miami>NYC.

/thread.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

San Andreas is SO DAMN OVERRATED. Holy hell. I'm tired of it being the end all be all of GTA's.  

The protag was dull as hell, and while I loved it? V is much better. I know, opinions. But I honestly see no reason to say how SA is better. 

Los Santos.
  • Los Santos.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

SA and VC has the better story and setting while V has better graphics and gameplay mechanics. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users