» «
Photo

Comparison of game to trailer

17 replies to this topic
Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by Magnet_man16, 23 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

J5zS7.jpg

0_0.jpg

The amount of detail is what i think the game used to be then they dumbed it down for current gen. I also think that the next gen and PC releases will look like the trailers, freeking amazing. As XBO and PS4 both use similar architecture as PC i think when PC comes, so when PC comes expect next gen stuff. And im sure that will be carried over to the consoles too.

What im trying to say is they wouldn't have gone into so much detail, knowing they had to go out lumber jacking. My guess expect delayed PC version to match next gen consoles release date and graphics.

(This may not be the correct location but its the closest I've found.. it also is a good comparison).

Blitzkriegboom2
  • Blitzkriegboom2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

its not even the same distance away or the right side of the mountain for a start

Europa
  • Europa

Dreamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Is that true or is that another part of Mt. Chiliad? :O

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

1. Totally bad picture.

2. I don't have the game, just watch many gameplay videos and to me, from this perspective, game looks great and pretty similar to what would be expected.

Of course, video compression compensates for some of the aliasing and stuff, but comparing Rockstar's videos to player videos, they seem pretty much the same.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

This is stupid. If you're comparing something you need to actually compare the SAME thing.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

That is not a good comparision that is a terrible one. You suck

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by Zancudo, 23 September 2013 - 08:28 PM.

This is stupid. If you're comparing something you need to actually compare the SAME thing.

Doesn't have to be the same shot to say that the trailer version looked much more detailed.

But I still think GTA V is the best looking open world game on current-gen consoles.

Filthy1977
  • Filthy1977

ADI RepoMan

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

My friend was complaining about how bad the graphics were, then I went round and saw he was playing it on a 11" black and white tv.

If the picture you have on your tv is the same as the picture you are showing above, then get a new tv as on my 42" Bravia, the picture is beautiful!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by jamieleng, 23 September 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Trailer 1 was more of a target render & they got pretty damn close imo. Trailer 2 onwards, the game looks the same, sometimes worse, often times better. Actually, the rock detail is better, but screenshots from using Snapmatic, do not do the game justice & often look washed out.

• Udrift likes this

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Doesn't have to be the same shot to say that the trailer version looked much more detailed.

But I still think GTA V is the best looking open world game on current-gen consoles.

Yes and for this gen this is amazing, just exited about how the un dumbed down version is going to be on the next gen or PC :p

NoxiousWR
  • NoxiousWR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

A better comparison pic for you

0_0.jpg

His point is valid, they removed trees etc but oh well still looks good :)

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

My friend was complaining about how bad the graphics were, then I went round and saw he was playing it on a 11" black and white tv.

If the picture you have on your tv is the same as the picture you are showing above, then get a new tv as on my 42" Bravia, the picture is beautiful!

that shot above is what the game is sending. Its not me taking a picture of my TV screen. As i have a LED 22" screen.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you complain about graphics you're a little bitch... Fact

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

A better comparison pic for you

0_0.jpg

His point is valid, they removed trees etc but oh well still looks good :)

Hey where is it? really want to go there!

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yes and for this gen this is amazing, just exited about how the un dumbed down version is going to be on the next gen or PC :p

pc and next gen is for queers

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

If you complain about graphics you're a little bitch... Fact

Not complaining, stating a simple fact which may or may not be true.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

The in game camera is not a good choice to try and compare things..............

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I don't think you're comparing the same location in both pictures. If you are, then it's a completely different zoom.

A game will never be exactly like the trailers in its final result.

That part of the trailer was not in-play. In fact only the gameplay trailer shows true in-play shots, obviously. Some parts of the trailers were aliased and edited to fine tune the graphics to a way that will never correspond in-game. Every company does that with every trailer of their games though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users