Photo

End this driving debate already! Read

81 replies to this topic
Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

You people really need to stop with this driving debate sh*t. I am perfectly fine with the driving mechanics personally. I don't like driving like my car has 4 banana peels as tires. And for those who claim it's not realistic driving, Do you have a drivers license? Because I can take a turn at 40 mph and not end up fish tailing and turning into a 180 and sliding all over like the road is covered with ice. You wanna drift and slide and all that bs go play gran turismo or some other "driving" game. So sick of you people

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Agreed, except for the GT part... Im sick of these f*cking garbage noobs who complain about driving, when none of them have licenses and all they want is drifting. drifting is the biggest pile of sh*t to ever happen to arcade racing games, look at NFS these days, its a bag of sh*t and has not been good since NFS MW on the PS2. 

The driving in this game is flawless, i have no issues with grip whatsoever and can slide the back end out if need be, they have got it spot on. So all you crybabies need to put your PSN into a chat so that i can find you all online and make you quit this game and break your console. 

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Virazol, 23 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

If only this would be enough to stop the flow of complaining.  But people will always have something to complain about :(

I love the driving in V :D

IMO everything about cars and driving in this game is great, my favorite by far.  I don't see why people would want it to go back to how it was in IV, the driving in IV IMO was garbage.. The damage was nice though, but I like the damage in V better, it may be slower but it doesn't look quite as cartoony as IV did, again IMO.  I don't see how the handling in V is cartoony in the slightest.  I try to compete in a street race in my modded up Stinger, I'll be sliding all over the place and wiping out if I'm not careful because the car was designed to look sexy, not drive sexy.  But there are cars that are designed for driving and can make sharp turns hardly having to slow down.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

You people really need to stop with this driving debate sh*t. I am perfectly fine with the driving mechanics personally.

You don't stop a debate. It's a debate.

You're thinking of an argument.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

The game is perfect and Rockstar can retire. In fact, there's no room for improvement of any kind so all studios should just stop making games.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yes I do drive and you were clearly sh*t at IV because you don't skid-out at 40mph. Understeer is present at high speeds, but you don't just skid-out for no reason. 

Good try at making people think you know what you're talking about, which you clearly dont.

IV has the best driving to this day, and will continue to do so until a GTA is released with IMPROVED physics, not dumbed down physics for the ones who don't like that fact they can't turn a sharp 90 degree angle at 150mph.

• TreFacTor, suicidehummer, C4-_-GIBBfather and 1 other like this

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm sick of everyone saying that cars decelerate too much, i don't know about you but the  car i drive decelerates in real life quickly plus yes you can go at high speeds around a corner not really recommended but you can depending of the grip of your car and tires and cars do slide i drove Amanda's Sentinel and went round a corner too quickly and it fishtailed btw if you try hard enough they do slide.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

want to drift? get a muscle car and l2p.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm fine with the driving but I do wish you could actually drift though... It is realistic for a powerful RWD car to oversteer when you put the pedal down. And no sh*t you can't do a slide in your FWD camry or whatever you got.

I like the driving in V and IV. I don't see why people say the cars were too slippery in GTA IV though, you couldn't get any realistic oversteer in that game either, the engine would just bog down instead of keeping the tires spinning. In that game you just had to brake for turns and the cars had softer suspension with more body roll. In GTA V all the cars, even old boats take corners like a race car.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Because I can take a turn at 40 mph and not end up fish tailing and turning into a 180 and sliding all over like the road is covered with ice.

Define "turn"? The on-ramp at the interstate? Yeah, we all can do that. The minimum turning radius for a car going 40mph is 30 meters. About 100 feet. A third of a football field. That's a turn you can take at 40mph on a real car. You can do slightly better on warm racing slicks, but on all-weathers and city streets you are liable to do worse. A typical city intersection is 40-50 feet. You can't take that going faster than 25-30mph. If you think you can take one of these going 40, please try. Then post pictures of your car smashed into a wall. We all need a laugh.

Fact is, static traction is exaggerated in V. Stopping distances and minimum turn radii for a given speed are larger on a real car. There are other issues as well, but I won't go into details. GTA IV had the right amount of traction. The problem was primarily with suspension, especially on sports cars.

One thing that both games had right was the amount of traction you lose when you start to slide. This is realistic, and this is what a lot of people complained about and continue to do so. People used to burnout physics where a drifting car somehow has as much traction as a cornering one, meaning drifting is actually better for going through a turn. That's total B.S., of course, unless you are driving rally-style on a dirt road.
  • suicidehummer and word is bond like this

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ok I have a 2013 Camaro with low profile toyo tires and can take a 90 degree turn at 40 mph with very limited fish tailing. So spare me your physics talk.

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

And ps your whole post was totally false I race cars on a regular. So get some knowledge before posting ludicrous garbage. Have a nice day

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Basically what I see here is "I liked it, so stop complaining!"  

• Blunt Force Trauma likes this

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by NasherUK, 23 September 2013 - 11:11 PM.

But in GTA V your taking right angle bends at probably over 100mph and not loosing grip. You would need an F1 car to even come close to being able to do that. If you turn off the traction control in a powerful car and stamp on the accelerator (which is what your doing in GTA most of the time), you would slide all over the place like in IV. How do you think they do all those power slides on top gear? :p

In GTA V the cars have no inertia, insane grip and brakes, which is why it feels like mario kart. Oh yea and you can drive a sports car up the side of a mountain at full speed.

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ok so would you rather taking a turn and completely 180ing every time and crashing into buildings? This is not a driving game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Ok so would you rather taking a turn and completely 180ing every time and crashing into buildings? This is not a driving game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol yea ok, GTA is not a driving game...

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

No it's not its an open world sandbox game. Driving is just a part of it. Driving games are gran turismo and NASCAR games. Lmao gta is a driving game

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by NasherUK, 23 September 2013 - 11:25 PM.

So your saying a game series called "Grand Theft Auto" doesn't have a focus on driving? Maybe you should look up the actual meaning of grand theft auto, especially the "auto" part.

Here is a link to make it easy: https://en.wikipedia...ft_auto_(crime)

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

No it's not its an open world sandbox game. Driving is just a part of it. Driving games are gran turismo and NASCAR games. Lmao gta is a driving game

No, Gran Turismo and NASCAR are Racing Games.

Grand Theft Auto is a Driving Game.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Ok I have a 2013 Camaro with low profile toyo tires and can take a 90 degree turn at 40 mph with very limited fish tailing. So spare me your physics talk.

Are they magic tires sprinkled with fairy dust? Then it doesn't matter. You have roughly 1g of acceleration budget. You can use it to accelerate, brake, or turn. And in any case, you have only so much grip. The only difference is that low profile tires resist roll, so you have the full 1g budget in the tightest of turns. Most cars are going to start slipping earlier.

As for the turn, this is a 90 degree turn. So is this. Now, how about you tell me which one you can take faster.

The minimum radius is 100 feet. You can't go less. No matter what kind of tires you have and no matter what kind of car. It's simple physics. Like, seriously, high school simple. To get a 100 feet turning radius going outside-inside-outside, you need intersection of streets that are at least 70 feet wide. That's geometry. You do get that if you have two lanes of traffic each way on each of the streets.

And for the record, I have experience racing cars. I used to drive a Tiburon with a tuned suspension. Have gone over 85 on city streets with it. It's not going to match a Camaro on a straight, but I know how a sports car corners. I'm also licensed on a motorcycle, do my own work on suspension and brakes, and I've actually written some simulations.

Now, I don't know what sort of experience you really have, but I know that you have never even attempted making a 90° turn from one road to another, two lanes total each, going anywhere close to 40 mph. I know that it's impossible from experience. I know that it's impossible physically. Like I said, if you want to try it and post pictures of results, feel free. I'm sure you can get a good deal for the almost new Camaro parts from a scrap yard.
  • suicidehummer likes this

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

You people really need to stop with this driving debate sh*t. I am perfectly fine with the driving mechanics personally. I don't like driving like my car has 4 banana peels as tires. And for those who claim it's not realistic driving, Do you have a drivers license? Because I can take a turn at 40 mph and not end up fish tailing and turning into a 180 and sliding all over like the road is covered with ice. You wanna drift and slide and all that bs go play gran turismo or some other "driving" game. So sick of you people

-I have a driver's Licence.

-GTA IV driving definitely did not feel like car has banana peels as tires.

-You're perfectly fine with V's driving mechanics because you sucked at driving in IV. (not the games fault)

-You're perfectly fine with V's driving mechanics because you like driving that's not even remotely challenging.

-You don't lose control when taking a turn at 40 mph unless you suck at driving in IV. 

-Why should I go and play Gran Turismo if I want to drift and slide, cars are supposed to drift and slide so why shouldn't they in GTA. 

-I don't want to drift and slide in GTA but I want there to consequences to driving like an idiot or a retard. (losing control like in IV)

Guns should be realistic, walking and running should be realistic, sounds should be realistic, shooting mechanics should be realistic, everything should be realistic but for driving I want to be able to drive like a retard and still look like Micheal Schumacher is driving...GTFO.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

And ps your whole post was totally false I race cars on a regular. So get some knowledge before posting ludicrous garbage. Have a nice day

I'm sorry but I'm gonna need proof before I believe this. For a guy who races cars you don't seem to have a strong understanding of driving physics. 

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Urgh, we have a goddamned thread for this already. This is just spamming up the boards.

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Ok don't need the definition as I have a major in criminal justice. I understand the context of the title is to steal cars but the actual driving part was never a major focus, the freedom of gameplay was and ive been playing this game since the very very first gta. The title of a game does not primarily include the entire premise of the game. For example I am by no means a cod player eww. But the new game is titled "ghosts" and a highly doubt you will be shooting ghosts in the game. It's just a a title and only barely resembles the game. So I will take my queen and check mate you now.

Technobabble
  • Technobabble

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by Technobabble, 24 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Out of the many flaws regarding this game's mechanics, including AI accuracy with weapons, the Broken wanted system (Kill someone in the middle of a forest with absolutely no witnesses, Apparently the LSPD's Minority report system is a little late.), The player health pool, shotguns one shotting you (Realistic, sure, fun? No. let's not forget that AI accuracy) The lack of interiors, the lack of repeatable missions to do when you're sick of killing cops and gangsters, the missing vehicles bug and the fact the Rhino tank SUCKS BALLS compared to its predecessors...

and the DRIVING is what's pissing you people off?!?! THE DRIVING IS AS CLOSE TO CLASSIC GTA IS IT'S GOING TO GET!

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

OMG that just killed me. I can't stop laughing. XD

Just stop, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

For the record, you can't take a 90 degree turn at any speed unless you drive a tank. Too many ppl think they're experts on vehicle physics because they drive to work and back every day. Unless you've actually pushed a car to it's limits on a track (several times), you don't know how it would react. Most cars have noticeable body roll when cornering hard, something well recreated in IV and absent in V.

• MisterT_T likes this

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Why do people even care if it's realistic, as long as it's fun it is not a big deal.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

No, MY dick is the biggest!

...that's what we're doing here, right?

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Why do people even care if it's realistic, as long as it's fun it is not a big deal.

agreed. Want realism? Go drive a real car.

MisterT_T
  • MisterT_T

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Funny thing as I could take a turn at 40mph while still maintaining  control, the problem here really is that you're a F"#king noob!!!!!!!!!! Same with all the whiners that coulden't handle the epic driving of IV.
But seriously the cars now doesn't have any weight to them, they turn instantly like it's some saints row sh*t, ATV's handling is like Mario Kart, dirtbikes and motorbikes have no suspension and even if you're landing with the front wheel, back wheel or in the ATV's case  on the side or anything you will still land perfectly like it's glued to the ground. Too be honest this driving is easy and boring, not realistic one bit and certaintly not more realistic than IV.

But then again I don't think a lot of people estimate the speed they are going in while driving in IV as making a turn at 40mph is easy as sh*t.
It might just be because I'm a pro but I think it's mostly because you're a noob that is accustomed with driving games like Midnight Club, Need For Speed etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users