Bullet Proof tires are a waste of money

11 replies to this topic
AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bought them for Trevors truck, been shot out twice. Dont waste your money on them.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

shot out tires have very little effect on handling anyway. you can barely notice.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Bullet Proof tires will be more useful in GTA Online. However I have had tires shot out several times, and depending on the vehicle it can have very severe handling changes. I have also heard tale that you can not roll a vehicle, well tell that to the 4x4 pickup truck. I rolled that several times on back country roads....

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Weird. I haven't been spending money on customizing cars anyway because they can just disappear. Great game, but rockstar still has some work to do IMO.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

yup, you can keep them if you park them in the extra garage you buy and sometimes they end up in the impound lot if you keep it empty, it only holds 2 and if its full you lose it forever.  most upgrades are visual and dont really do anything to change the handling of the car, there are a couple that make it a little better acceleration but thats the only thing that changes.  

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Odd I don't have an issue with this I did notice changing wheels makes them go away so they will have to be repurchased. But shooting them and running over spike strips do nothing to the tires. My Issue is with the 100% Armor aren't windows supposed to be Bulletproof too?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

apparently not, but you seem to be able to take more gunfire hits. not sure its worth the exorbitant cost though, lol

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I had a 3 star police chase and I was driving a armoured F620 with bulletproof tyres, it was an intense chase with helicopter and all....... the entire front of the car was f'd up but tyres were okay, Im sure it caught a few bullets too. 

Plus just because its bullet proof, it doesnt mean they can take like 20 shots and still go.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Odd I don't have an issue with this I did notice changing wheels makes them go away so they will have to be repurchased. But shooting them and running over spike strips do nothing to the tires. My Issue is with the 100% Armor aren't windows supposed to be Bulletproof too?

The armor does not affect the windows. 

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

The armor does not affect the windows. 

Hmm that makes armoring it somewhat useless.. No need to stand up to gun fire when the everyone shoots through the windows. This could be a glitch though I've never heard of an armored car that didn't have bulletproof windows.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Smoke color also requires you to repurchase if you change. Make sense, since you would need new tires to change smoke color, and if you changed tires why would they be bullet proof as well?

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Changing your rims does not always require you to change your tires... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users