Photo

Have activists quieted down?

3 replies to this topic
ElscottHavoc
  • ElscottHavoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Maybe its just me, but did anyone else feel like politicians and the media that typically paint GTA as a monster for our society not seem as prevalent this year.

I feel I've been watching the news just as much, but I didn't hear anything surrounding the release. I was surprised because of so many of the violent issues within the past few months that GTA would be under extreme scrutiny. Thus far, there hasn't been any "Hot Coffee" issues, but even the violence and torture circumstances in these game seem to be ignored by mainstream media and in fact covered more by the video game sites.

Perhaps media has finally given up? Especially considering GTA in comparison to many other games is really no more violent these days.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

All i know about is some people complaining about the graphic torture sequence (which tbh didn't bother me at all) and some british politician branding the GTA series as a poison to the mind.

Other than that, nothing really.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't think they complain about video games anymore. Now, I think they all shifted their focus to getting guns banned.

ElscottHavoc
  • ElscottHavoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yea...that's what I mean. I figured with the events of the past year, Rock star would have been under more fire than they were. I was surprised to see that perhaps the issue of violence in our youth has shifted focus away from gaming...which is fine by me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users