Photo

Negative Effects of "Pay for Advantage"

43 replies to this topic
illustriouz
  • illustriouz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Has anyone thought of any possible legal issue if say someone spends real money on in-game money, has it on their character in game and gets robbed/killed? Wouldn't that technically be stealing irl?

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Has anyone thought of any possible legal issue if say someone spends real money on in-game money, has it on their character in game and gets robbed/killed? Wouldn't that technically be stealing irl?

Good point, i didnt even think of that. Not the litigation, because i have no doubt that will be a frivolous lawsuit. But IF it becomes P2W which i obviously hope it doesnt, then the vets have a chance to ruin the games for those who pay and make them waste their money. 

Me and my crew said we would look out for cocky mof*cks at the ATMs and jump them before they get their cash secure, so if we can do the same thing to people who are being scrubs and paying 2 win, then thatd be great. 

Unfortunately, im more inclined to say that IF P2W happens, they will probably make cash purchased by real money protected via some kind of in game cash card, or something that cant be stolen and is redeemed or something.

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

If the info is true, then it seems the cash would go straight into the players (secure) bank account as opposed to their wallet, so they couldn't be robbed or ATM ambushed.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

The stock market will inevitably boom the first few days.

If people pay for tons on money immediately, and invest it all in the stock market, they will forever be among the top richest players.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

The goal is to be the richest person...so yes it is pay to win in that sense.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

im not very sure how accurate,  the card system there talking about is, I don't think its been confirmed even, but if  it is,  when you pay for money, it will probley be directed right into your bank account, for that reason.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

The goal is to be the richest person...so yes it is pay to win in that sense.

The goal is whatever you want it to be, that's why it's free-roam. Rockstar made a world you can do whatever you want in. The goal is to have fun.

If the goal is to be the richest person technically only one person is going to achieve that.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

If you loot a body in WoW that paid for thier gold do they go to jail. But basically stealing someone's actual money haha

/thread.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

By allowing players to purchase in-game money with real life money, Rockstar is undermining the entire point of GTA Online.

To be clear, I DO NOT BLAME Rockstar for this decision, as they are the creators of this game, and it is their prerogative to charge money for in-game benefits.

That said, I DISAGREE with, and am DISAPPOINTED by their decision.

The premise of GTA Online is that we are all racing to the top for the most money and possessions. This is done by completing missions and heists, and investing in the stock market.

The competitive nature of this premise is primary source of excitement for players.

Yes, it will still be fun, and you don't HAVE TO buy in-game money...but your are at a disadvantage by not paying, and you will not know what it's like to be among the richest players.

Well...take me for instance, i want to play online as much as you do, but i dont have the time for it., you know, work, family, gronw up stuff...

So i dont want to (and i Can not, unfortunately) spend a zillion hours in game to be able to buy a nice car/outfit/safehouse. As much as i wanted to, i really dont have the time to escalate the "criminal ladder".

As far as we know, we cant buy "stats", so you have to up your char by doing missions anyway...same for guns, possible it will be rank unlocked.

So, whats the problem then?

Sigh i dont understand peoples beef with what other players are doing. We really dont have that time to prestige within the first few days, why should casual players who have commitments suffer because they spend 2 hours as opposed to 8 a day. we would all love to win the lotto and play games all damn day. Even then its not healthy.......

This feature makes sense in realistic terms so 250,000 you can buy but it should be capped.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Good point, i didnt even think of that. Not the litigation, because i have no doubt that will be a frivolous lawsuit. But IF it becomes P2W which i obviously hope it doesnt, then the vets have a chance to ruin the games for those who pay and make them waste their money. 

Me and my crew said we would look out for cocky mof*cks at the ATMs and jump them before they get their cash secure, so if we can do the same thing to people who are being scrubs and paying 2 win, then thatd be great. 

Unfortunately, im more inclined to say that IF P2W happens, they will probably make cash purchased by real money protected via some kind of in game cash card, or something that cant be stolen and is redeemed or something.

Money goes straight to the bank. Measures would be in place to stop mugs like you ruining the game for others, like i said before, who cares what others are doin. Do you! Some richer than you but didnt spend thier life on the game, too bad, thats life, in real life the richest folk dont work the hardest. They work the smartest and its who they know.

Do what YOU need to do, dont ruin the game for others out of jealousy

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Money goes straight to the bank. Measures would be in place to stop mugs like you ruining the game for others, like i said before, who cares what others are doin. Do you! Some richer than you but didnt spend thier life on the game, too bad, thats life, in real life the richest folk dont work the hardest. They work the smartest and its who they know.

Do what YOU need to do, dont ruin the game for others out of jealousy

Thank you for your particular batch of short-sightedness. 

So, bill gates didnt work hard? Or any of the other billionaires in the world? They just "knew" someone and became billionaires? No, they devoted themselves to whatever their cause was. 

Maybe you didnt read what i said the first time, but P2W could very well have an effect on all players, not just the person buying the items. My issue is what they can buy with that cash, as i said earlier... If paying real money only allows people to buy special styles, or aesthetics like better bumpers on cars etc, then i have no problem with that at all... let them waste their money. 

However, as i pointed out earlier and you fail to grasp, IF paying real money allows players to buy items which will give an advantage over players, i.e. Tanks (assuming we cannot get the equipment to destroy tanks early on), then speaking logically, that DOES interfere with everyone elses game and DOES become a problem. 

Paying real money to gain an advantage in the game is the problem, not to gain aesthetics. 

& the only mug around here is you, with your ill informed assumptions that someone needs to devote their life to GTA to gain any kind of skill... You never know how educated/successful people are on here, so dont be so quick to judge. 

Now, please proceed to take your subtle brand of idiocy elsewhere and think before you type next time...

tumblr_mrfgpdi5fj1rgygi0o1_500.gif

• Omar Comin likes this

CK887
  • CK887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I think its fake because it will destroy their online game.  If all you have to do is pay for money what the hell is the point of even playing?  I would see no point no reward for grinding or being good and I just will not play it. 

example PLayer A:  plays with a crew for 2 weeks grinds out does difficult heists and get enough money to buy some cool things in game.   player b pays 15 dollars and gets the same amount of money.

those 500 missions will never get played if theres no reward for it. just my opinion. 

I agree with you. I cant play a game where there is no point in doing something. Money and doing all the missions is my motivation. If people want to buy money or whatever then thats their choice but its not essential for me to enjoy doing mission and chilling online.

Someone posted something about if we do this it tells the devs they are doing thw right thing and it encouragesthem to imimplement it further. Unfortunately there are a heap of people with deep pockets and shallpw brains and thats just thw unfortunate truth but it wont make me bow to it.

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well if they have more fun buying money let them, the game is about have fun. It's not going to hurt you if they wast there money on a game. Plus you can buy all the same stuff they do just will take longer. 

And when you do, you'll be better with the equipment, because you've had more practice getting it.

ER-Bullitt
  • ER-Bullitt

Commissioner: Couch Potato Gamers (1GAM)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ya'll are funny.

Look at EVE online... ships valued at $28,000 in real life money getting blown up.. hows that for "robbing and stealing".. and no, those people didnt go to jail for "destruction of property".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users