Quantcast

» «
Photo

My final thoughts after finishing the game.

6 replies to this topic
mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'm pretty glad I didn't pay full price for it ($40 off). It was fun but too short and I feel like I spent most of my time carrying out repetitive menial tasks and I found myself bored and looking for something to do sometimes. There was definitely a feeling of something being missing from the start which wasn't too bad once the missions got going.

Strangers and freaks was probably the biggest disappointment in the game that and having to restart missions because of bugs admittedly only a few times but at key points. The missions themselves were generally awesome, save for 5 or 6 that were over the top in what they expected from the player and maybe a similar number that were outright annoying.

I don't like the aim reticule, I don't like the driving, but it's still a massive improvement dirt bikes are still terrible though. I didn't like having details of missions being left unexplained. Some of the attempts at humour left me feeling like I was being trolled. Driving 8 minutes into the hills for an 8 second cut scene was one of those moments.

Loved RAMPAGE needed more of them. Loved the aliens and clowns freak outs. Swapping between 3 players really worked for me especially during gun battles but the aiming was dodgy at best. Loved the weapons variety the wheel selection improved things a lot once you got used to it. References to Liberty City and characters from it get two thumbs up with the exception of how Johnny got treated.

In all it was a good game which could have been great but it sold out in every store except the ones selling it at full price ($109.95 au) so I guess it's mission accomplished.

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

rampage missions were your fav thing. Do you like saints row by any chance.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Saints Row is your game.

mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Not a fan of saints row I remember the old rampage as Tommy so it's a nostalgia thing. :p

RichG
  • RichG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Can I just ask, what games do you play and enjoy? I mean, just name off a few games you have spent $60 on, then looked back and said "Yeah, that was $60 well spent!". I just can't imagine what games those would be...

mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have almost 200 games in my collection GOW series the FEAR series Dragon Age series Skyrim Dungeon Siege 3 mortal kombat Assassins creed series Dantes Inferno the new batman games including lego batman 2 (2 player with my son) Those are just off the top of my head.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Gta 5 might've had less missions than IV and San Andreas but they were easily the best ever in a GTA game.

Crashing a plane into the back of a bigger plane, getting in a shootout, and skydiving out as it plummets to the ground

Driving a muscle car while a Buzzard is shooting missiles at you in the streets of Los Santos

Chasing a burning plane down on a dirt bike

Robbing banks and holding off the Feds

Franklin and Lamar owning the streets in the R8 and Red car (forgot name)

Chasing a runaway boat on a highway trying to save your son while cars are coming at you!

Playing cops as Trevor and Mike, chasing down 2 racers during a high speed chase down the freeway

And a lot more! To many to explain lol.

These missions really made michael bay look like some amateur.
  • mooglesago likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users