Beckner2
  • Beckner2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Fixing drifting:
-Cars shift at to low of RPM
- should be more wheel spin
- as soon as you start to counter steer the car straightens up( little over exaggerated)
- RR drive sports cars shouldn't be able to climb the highest mountain
- In all cars it feels like traction control is always on. Add an option to turn of traction control and for those who don't like wheel spin then don't turn traction control off. Makes everyone happy
  • ReconzVenture, strakan7 and jagcivtec like this

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by balmung03, 23 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Fixing drifting:
- as soon as you start to counter steer the car straightens up( little over exaggerated)
- RR drive sports cars shouldn't be able to climb the highest mountain
- In all cars it feels like traction control is always on. Add an option to turn of traction control and for those who don't like wheel spin then don't turn traction control off. Makes everyone happy

Counter-steering, oh god yes.  A few of the cars in this game have sent me on 15-second fishtailing runs just trying to compensate (and it feels like the helicopter controls mimic this unsteadiness, with or without wind), and I think all of us long-time GTA players are almost conditioned to hit the handbrake around most every turn.  The way I described it to a co-worker was that it was the most realistic (clarification: most realistic of the GTA series), but at the same time it looks like they went even further than realism to make it more of a challenge.

As far as rear-wheel drive cars are concerned, there are paths up most of the mountains that the car could navigate (albeit less easily than a front-wheel or 4-wheel drive car, and screw trying to drive a big rig w/ trailer up one), and in my gaming I've found some gradual slopes that such a car could gain traction and speed to help with the more sheer faces.  I haven't explored every peak on vehicle, but most of the ones I've encountered so far shouldn't be impossible to scale with any average-sized vehicle.

As with traction control, I'd say a good first-fix would be to just dial it down instead of turning it off completely, and then it can be looked at again to see which performs better.

But all in all, I'd say the driving aspect is the most difficult part of the game for me (besides forgetting to use the special ability in firefights and dying more than I should).

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm no expert but I think it is really hard to programme decent handling with proper drifting, no game has really mastered driving yet in my opinion.

• Distrom likes this

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 23 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Fixing drifting:
-Cars shift at to low of RPM

That's not correct.

I've attempted to cruise A LOT in GTA V and it's a lot more difficult than in GTA IV because the cars actually change gears at very high RPM after 1. gear - Even if you try holding the accelerator as far as possible from the bottom, the car doesn't respond to the light driving style and still goes waaaay to high in RPM.

I prefer the GTA IV gear-changing as it was more fluid and allowed you to force the car in a higher gear when driving lightly with the accelerator.  

foolicooli
  • foolicooli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

In the cheat section of IGN theres a cheat for slidey cars i'm not sure if it would help drift I haven't tried it

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

I actually don't mind the drive mechanics. I thought GTA IV was too 'drifty' if anything.

I think there is the right balance here, enough so that you can have fun but still realistic. Just my opinion though!

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I just hope they add some Low grip wheels for gta online.

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

we would be able to drift easier if there was a manual transmission

• strakan7 and Fizzlepop531 like this

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

and btw, drifting isnt in gta 4

to drift is to control throttle while in a slide

not press the e-brake and make a 90 degree turn

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm no expert but I think it is really hard to programme decent handling with proper drifting, no game has really mastered driving yet in my opinion.

Forza 4 has done a pretty damn good job of simulating Drifting. Closest I've seen yet.

• Buford T Justice likes this

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

drifting :sui:

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

One of the biggest problems is that the cars don't seem to accelerate while using the handbreak on a turn.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Only with slidey cars activated it is possible to drift, they have to make it a menu option.

GOTitGaming
  • GOTitGaming

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=GqjYoEVqwGA

THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST CAR TO DRIFT WITH!

• ShinobiFixer likes this

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Only with slidey cars activated it is possible to drift, they have to make it a menu option.

Even with slidey cars it's still not real drifting... Just powersliding.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

I just hope they add some Low grip wheels for gta online.

Have you tried the Driftmeisters in the Tuner wheels?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

The drifting engine on Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition was so fun.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Are you kidding? Need for speed: Most Wanted has the best drifting/driving i've seen in a racing game for a long time, i'd love it if GTA V had that sort of driving

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Every time ripping the E brake going around corners, the car looses to much to complete a nice drift.

Not all cars are like that I can do a fine drift in the Vacca.

I dont mind it at all, GTA Online is the sh*t...

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

The drifting In the game is very poor especially trying to make sharp turns. :/

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Many people use drift interchangeably with power-sliding.

I'm pretty sure that more people are concerned with sliding around a corner at high speed (power-slide) than sliding around a bunch of corners without ever straightening out, at slow speed (drifting)

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

the level of grip cars have in this game is astronomical. You cant even really do doughnuts in the sand, you either end up just driving in a circle or doing some sort of one wheel wonder...

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

An option to turn on 4x4 drive would be nice for off road vehicles.

Vapid Sandking XL with no 4 wheel drive?

and there's a mod shop? :sui:

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

We all new the new exaggerated arcade, almost magnetic grip on all cars screwed every sense of decent driving for this game.

GTAzenga09
  • GTAzenga09

Against All Odds

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Agh, that driving..It's only one part of the game I'm deeply disappointed, but definitely the biggest one, since we spend most time in them. They look amazing, sounds amazing, but driving them feels so "linear" and not challenging at all (boring I have to say).

-There are no real differences between different car classes really. Ok, If the real difference is acceleration and top speed that is I have to say, real shallow.

-Handling, stearing and car weight doesn't play any role.

-You cannot drift (maybe the most dynamic aspect of driving). Unlike the GTA IV where it seems you could drift all the time by even going just few MPH/KPH, which is also unsatisfying (maybe even more).

-Instant breaking which lead to no slipping/skidding and ultimately no drifting again. Like, literally one or two seconds to full stop by going full spped.

-Poor/confusing engine costumization (or any other non esthetical one).Even NFS Underground is much more straight forward.

-I just hate seeing some SUV (or something "slowly" similar) on the freeway going almost as fast as I do and I'm driving Zentorno in full spped.

-Getting to full speed isn't rewarding. Ok it doesn't need to be a real life bungee jumping, but sometimes I feel more adrenaline playing GTA darts.

-Any kind of car manuvering is unnecessary or non-existent.

-Poor general impression regards driving can be described in few words: "push gas, press break, stear left or right and that's it."

Finally I'm not saying GTA should be a simulation, GT or Forza alike, but for crying out loud NFS comparing to GTA is a  freaking avio simulator. Where is the "dynamic" driving R* ?

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sure they could work on a couple things with handling. But they don't need to fix drifting, there is no drifting. They weren't going for that. Gran Turismo is great for drifting if you want to give that a go.

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

This will all be cured when the pc version is released.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

or you can MOD your handling to your taste & have unlimited sideways action..

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

the jester drifts well once you get tuned up

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia