Photo

GTA V single player gets shafted for Pay to Win GTA Online. Why it'

275 replies to this topic
amoratisd
  • amoratisd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

The only thing I'm really ticked off about is the whole collectors edition pack. I could care less about the pay money to get money seeing as I'm sure online will be used for ten years down the road some people might not get the game till later when the price drops. Now back to the Collectors Edition pack which is ridiculous. So I could of pretty much saved my money and got all the in game goodies which was the major selling point for me with the regular game? Now that's a major scam right there. 

• LondonGent likes this

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

God damn it EA! Oops i meant Rockstar.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

usually in games of this type you dont use real money to buy in game items, you use real money to buy game money and then buy game items, people who dont pay real money have to perform in game tasks to earn money to buy stuff and people who pay real money can just buy it and play the game without having to waste their time doing the dumb crap the game forces you to do in order to earn money.  

Wait games FORCE YOU TO PLAY THEM?!?!? Holy Carnival Ride Batman!

no, certainly not.  They do however force you to perform time consuming menial tasks to earn money if you want to buy the stuff in the game.  Now im not sure if youve ever played such a game before but there are two parts to them.  One part is doing the same stupid boring things over and over again to earn money, and the second part is the actual fun game part, but in order be successful at the second part there are things you need to have that you can only get by doing the boring repetitive part and you have two choices if you want to play the game, Pay them real money which is what they want you to do, or if you have 4 hours free to play a game spend 3 and a half hours of it doing the boring repetitive part to earn the money you need to play the fun part for 30 minutes.

Whiplash41594
  • Whiplash41594

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Whiplash41594, 27 September 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Would you be happier with a monthly charge? Development of GTA V cost more than 150 million dollars. I realise that they have sold a lot of copies, and they probably have made a few bucks. But consider the fact as well that they have had to pay 5 years worth of salary to all their employees working on this game, and who knows how much that is. If they sold a billion dollars worth of this game, that means that at any given time there could be a million people online. Do you want servers or peer to peer? I want servers. Servers cost money. Do you want Rockstar to support the game and provide us with cool content? They pay people to do that. It costs money. Think about all the cool things you are going to be able to do. I actually wish it was monthly. I play FFXI and see all the great things that the team does, even still, for that game, and it's lord knows how old. It's basically unlimited entertainment. Always something new. For a measly 10 bucks a month. Rockstar has worked hard and given us perhaps the greatest video gaming experience in our lifetime (and to me that's a fair amount of time, as I'm 38). Let's give them a chance, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. Thanks. 

Nunk
  • Nunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

When R stops to be a great company and starts with these bullsh*ts, that's when gaming industry is officially dead.
EA, Activision they're all condamning theirselves in the long run.
The future of gaming is PC and indie games which are developed by people like us and better.
Then they become assholes too, and some new indie dev. replace them.
The circle of greed never ends.
Money is really a disease, when people will get this, we would have resolved all of our problems.

Greed is the disease

Whiplash41594
  • Whiplash41594

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by Whiplash41594, 27 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Whoever is saying that the future of gaming is PC and indie games is a hypocrite. What the hell are they doing playing GTA V? Put actions behind your words. Go play some Happy Wars.

Nunk
  • Nunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Whoever is saying that the future of gaming is PC and indie games is a hypocrite. What the hell are they doing playing GTA V? Put actions behind your words. Go play some Happy Wars.

didnt PC and Indie games start off the mini transaction trend

Kredbull
  • Kredbull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

"OMG a company is out to make money OMG"

WTF you expect? Have you played COD? Same thing, DLC's and micro make a huge profit so obviously they are going to implement them into which ever new games they can.

You aren't forced to buy it so don't bitch. If you decide to make the choice and spend real cash then that is on you. I'm guessing OP is 12 and his parents won't let him spend his pocket money on GTA.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by TheRealBars, 27 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

When R stops to be a great company and starts with these bullsh*ts, that's when gaming industry is officially dead.
The future of gaming is PC and indie games which are developed by people like us and better.
Money is really a disease, when people will get this, we would have resolved all of our problems.

Greed is the disease

Its the investors that are too blame, they will borrow the neccesary funds to create a game when a series gets more popular.

However they do expect to get their investments back at say.. 200% in five years time.. which leads to microtransactions, unfinished games being released, cut content re-released as DLC etc.

thegamekitten
  • thegamekitten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I played a lot of Cash Shop games. I bought some things that were fluff..meaning they had nothing to do with giving me an edge over others. This seems the way games are going for this generation and I accept it.

With that said..

Whatever happened to just having fun with a game? The longer it takes to get (example) object C, the more fun it is? If you go out and purchase everything with real money, doesn't that cheapen your play? If you have everything in 4 days..that makes the game more fun? I find it hard to understand. If you sit down and think about it logically, the more time you take to get object C without using cash cards..isn't is more time you had having fun? I understand being the top of a scoreboard is the thing for some guys. I understand the impatient (I have kids boy do I understand)..But I think it would be fun to earn each thing I got..then smile to myself when someone brags I made it to the top and you will know they payed for the top..Everyone that wants to use their wallet can get to the top, but if I myself am playing...I want to make it to the top with hard work ...now that's something to brag about.

You don't have to pay anything and get to the top..that is one fantastic accomplishment in its own right.

This forum looks like a tantrum thrown between kids about who got the bigger piece of pie.

To me it is about having fun with a game I bought for the longest time possible, buying in game cash cheapens the game and lessens the time I have to play in my honest opinion.

But then that's my personal opinion.

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

The problem imo is the fact that Take Two Interactive "forced" R* to put this in. The succes R* accomplished by putting out great games bit them in the tail.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

The only way microtransactions would be a problem is if they go too far or are implemented badly, neither of which seems to be the case from what R* describes their system as being. After ME3 and its joke of a store I'm relieved to hear the way R* is doing it, and I can't imagine why anyone would be bothered by it in the least. Microtransactions are something I'd happily not have in the game, but if it's a choice of that over a subscription then letting all the rich kids subsidize my gaming sounds like a fantastic idea.

It doesn't let people unlock things faster, just buy the things already unlocked, big difference and not something that will unbalance the game. People just need to chill out and wait to see what it's like before judging. If it really does ruin the game then I'll eat my words and call for it to be made a subscription based game, I don't expect that will be the case though.

roadrash3000
  • roadrash3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Exactly. People don't possibly understand how they could make so much money in three days, and still want more. Have they never heard of greed? I used to be proud to say I WAS a Rockstar fan because in my opinion, they were the best video game developers around for the longest time, but they have sold out. They cut so much from SP for MP. Why, you ask? To get you hooked, then they slam micro-transactions into your face. Greed is everywhere, accept it now. 

CapnManic
  • CapnManic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Who wins if you blow up a cash-in's car? So they buy insurance, then the value of blowing up that car diminishes. This would prioritize trolling around heavily modified high end vehicles: always blow up another player's car in free roam especially if it's an expensive real money purchase.

Rockstar is giving the free gamer a favor haha

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I love how as soon as the word 'microtransaction' is said everyone immediately jumps on the Pay2Win bandwagon

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 04 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Who wins if you blow up a cash-in's car? So they buy insurance, then the value of blowing up that car diminishes. This would prioritize trolling around heavily modified high end vehicles: always blow up another player's car in free roam especially if it's an expensive real money purchase.

Rockstar is giving the free gamer a favor haha

I actually did this the first time I played Online. I noticed a really high end fast car that had been modified was sitting outside one of the Ammunations. Figuring the player was not coming out and I couldnt steal it. I blew it up. Shotguns....I tell ya.

Being locked doesnt mean it has insurance. So. Who knows if he lost his investment.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

The only thing I'm really ticked off about is the whole collectors edition pack. I could care less about the pay money to get money seeing as I'm sure online will be used for ten years down the road some people might not get the game till later when the price drops. Now back to the Collectors Edition pack which is ridiculous. So I could of pretty much saved my money and got all the in game goodies which was the major selling point for me with the regular game? Now that's a major scam right there. 

You do know that youre paying for the Hat, the Keychain and Bag. And of course youre paying for the ingame content. But Id reckon most of the Ingame content amounted to no more then 20 dollars when they did the math. The physical stuff though. No telling how much but you can count on them getting a discount on the amount of them they had to produce.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

GTAO PAY 2 WIN

and the sad thing is they are asking the gamers what do you want that we left out so you can pay for us to unlock from the disks you already bought  LOL 

A sad day for gamers ...  

mvandor
  • mvandor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

All vendors see new money in online worlds. EA's Madden made millions with their Ultimate Team, heck I got hooked and I'm embarrassed at how much real coin I blew through. Fortunately I got bored quickly with Madden 25.

But the handwriting is on the wall my friends, corporate America has its hands in our pockets and they aren't pulling it out anytime soon.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Would you be happier with a monthly charge? Development of GTA V cost more than 150 million dollars. I realise that they have sold a lot of copies, and they probably have made a few bucks. But consider the fact as well that they have had to pay 5 years worth of salary to all their employees working on this game, and who knows how much that is. If they sold a billion dollars worth of this game, that means that at any given time there could be a million people online. Do you want servers or peer to peer? I want servers. Servers cost money. Do you want Rockstar to support the game and provide us with cool content? They pay people to do that. It costs money. Think about all the cool things you are going to be able to do. I actually wish it was monthly. I play FFXI and see all the great things that the team does, even still, for that game, and it's lord knows how old. It's basically unlimited entertainment. Always something new. For a measly 10 bucks a month. Rockstar has worked hard and given us perhaps the greatest video gaming experience in our lifetime (and to me that's a fair amount of time, as I'm 38). Let's give them a chance, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. Thanks. 

The 150 million probably includes those salaries. I would find it strange if "development costs" presumed everyone worked for free.

Anyway, here's something interesting.

k-bigpic.jpg

gta5 physics suck
  • gta5 physics suck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

No sh*t. Gta 5 is f*cking trash. This game is an embarrassment. I don't know how many times I gota say it. Rockstar f*cking hustled us. Then you got all the Dick riding fan boys saying its best game in the world..um does rockstar have there Dick up your ass or somthing bc there is sh*t spewing out there mouths. This game is horribly put together. Rockstar north f*cked up by letting other branch's help make game like rockstar san diego etc. Why the f*ck 8gb ? there isn't anything big in the game. Sorry your graphics are not worth 8gb. A 8gb game should blow my out of my seat but no this game is horrid. There so many big details they left out. f*ck rockstar. This is not a 250 million dollar game. So many other games out there that sh*t on this space wise like holy f*ck. Far cry was barely 700 mb n they got all those land n sea creatures ntm explosions, cars, bullet holes etc. Red dead was barely 2gb n it looks better in some aspects and has better physics, which is sad. This game is a dud. People say gta isn't about realism...uhhhh then what the f*ck did they make the euphoria engine for...cuz if I last checked thst exactly what they made euphoria engine for was physics n realness to game. It's almost like they dumbed down a bunch of sh*t to make it work which is retarded. Where all the crazy vehicles, the ped characteristics when dying like limping, rolling around, bleeding out, pleading for life, screaming. Wtf is this sh*t stain fighting style. Every player has the same fight style wtf way to be creative fagstar...where's the multiple fighting styles like in SA, there's nothing in the ocean expect some sharks n a massive shark. Wheres the segways, combine, jet pack, harrier, skateboards, meter maid cars, working dump truck, can't drive trains, yachts,(they had a big ass tug boat in gta 4). There no f*cking animals except cows,dogs,coyote, n mountain lion. Where the f*ck are all the red dead animals. Rockstar originally said the animals will range from squirrel all the way to bears...which obviously was total. No squirrels,cats, raccoons, etc remember its a 8gb game!!!!! they should easily b able to get all that in there but no these f*ck heads were lazy n prob just wanted to get there money like greedy rats..f*ck YOU ROCKSTAR!!!!......... t(-_-t) . I'm done

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

LOL! They're doing exactly what they mocked with "Righteous Slaughter 7". Oh, the irony!

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by lol70720, 05 October 2013 - 03:18 AM.

I hope all these morons threatening to sell their game or not play online actually follow through with their threats. They all sound like 'the sky is falling' noobs who believe anything they see on the internet. Online gaming without these peanuts will be much, much better. No screaming 12 years olds on the mic!

Good riddance!

I just made an account on this website to call you a retard.

It is not rumors it is true. This explains why its super hard to earn money in GTA. It is so easy to lose it and it takes forever to have more money at the end of the day than what you started with. Many weapons in the gun stores do require a lvl requirement but as soon someone reach that level they can just buy the virtual cash and get the stuff instantly, which doesn't seem fair. Plus some guns are only available from DLCs.  They aren't out yet but when you hover over it, it gives you an option to go to playstationstore or marketplace for xbox I assume. 

You are the type of people who don't want to admit they got screwed over, so you start getting so defensive over something. 

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

LOL! They're doing exactly what they mocked with "Righteous Slaughter 7". Oh, the irony!

lol I know right I said that on rockstar's website. 

YungEra
  • YungEra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Huh, sounds a lot like real life.

no, certainly not.  They do however force you to perform time consuming menial tasks to earn money if you want to buy the stuff in the game.  Now im not sure if youve ever played such a game before but there are two parts to them.  One part is doing the same stupid boring things over and over again to earn money, and the second part is the actual fun game part, but in order be successful at the second part there are things you need to have that you can only get by doing the boring repetitive part and you have two choices if you want to play the game

the_suicide_fox
  • the_suicide_fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by the_suicide_fox, 05 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

I don't see it as a problem since you need to use the vehicles/weapons or rank up in order to use that money in the first place. Like you can't just get the AR's right off the bat and once you rank up to get them they are pretty cheap. Upgrades don't seem to really make them handle any better. Also it seems rather easy to make money and I'm sure exploits will be found.

EDIT: Oh and if you play long enough you will have enough money for everything in the game. So you might lose some more in the beginning but after a while everyone evens out. Waste of money if you ask me.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Dear Rockstar -

As someone who is a big fan of microtransactions and pay-to-win, I'm sorry to say that your latest game, GTA 5, is the worst excuse for a pay-to-win experience I've ever played.  After creating my character, I immediately bought $10 million dollars of in-game money and went to Ammunation with the intention of buying a minigun, only to discover that I had to be Level 9 million (or some such) to unlock this weapon.  It appears that the only way to do this is to... actually play the game?  A lot?  Grind out RP?  I don't want to play the game!!  By the time I've progressed to a high enough level to be able to unlock all these things, I expect I'll most likely have acquired a bunch of cash along the way, making all that cash I bought with my real money pointless.

I don't believe that you've thought this out very well, and I hope that by the time GTA 6 is finally released you'll have learned how to give us pay-to-winners the advantage we have bought "richly" deserve.

Thank you,

A dissatisfied fan

• lincolnimp likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Huh, sounds a lot like real life.

no, certainly not.  They do however force you to perform time consuming menial tasks to earn money if you want to buy the stuff in the game.  Now im not sure if youve ever played such a game before but there are two parts to them.  One part is doing the same stupid boring things over and over again to earn money, and the second part is the actual fun game part, but in order be successful at the second part there are things you need to have that you can only get by doing the boring repetitive part and you have two choices if you want to play the game

exactly, I play a game to get away from real life, I dont have time to play a game that takes f*cking forever to accomplish anything, I have a real life, lol!  I have a few hours of game time and i want to spend it having fun not "working" in a f*cking game wasting my time, know what im sayin?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

If it lives up to its potential I wouldnt have any problem paying a reasonable monthly fee.  I have no idea how much game money you get for how much real money because it was disabled when I checked, however in game sh*t is so unbelievably high priced it better be a while f*cking lot of game money for very little real money and quite frankly I hope they make it for PC or even PS4, it will be 1000X better and faster.  so far my online experience is spending half the time waiting for the slow ass console to load and its not very much fun, PC would load in seconds, this is taking like 5 minutes between jobs, its wacky!

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Why should people be able to pay for in game rewards? The point of the game is to play it, and earn the rewards.

It reduces the value/rarity of the rewards the same way hackers do.

What difference does it make to me if someone hacked for the best apartment or paid real life cash for it?

There is no difference...they both make my time and effort unlocking it less enjoyable because once I earn it, nobody cares because tons of people have already had it without trying.

Yet it comes back to this, Why do you CARE what others think about your achievement?

I couldnt care less if you get the apartment before me, anyone who does, needs to get out more.

Its not fun being at the bottom of anything, watching other  people buy their way ahead in anything(games/life) is never a good feeling 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users